Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Can you actually do it, though? Is it possibly to literally drive yourself insane by thinking disordered thoughts until it breaks your brain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Can you actually do it, though? Is it possibly to literally drive yourself insane by thinking disordered thoughts until it breaks your brain?

I have no clue, so I am assuming no until I get further information. They are desperate to pretend they can, though, which is impressive. I mean, someone being so desperate to believe a fictional character exists that they pretend that they believe it exists to other people. Are they just hoping that wishing will make it so? do they want other people to think they did it and be jealous or something? The mind boggles. At any rate, I should shut up about this tulpa nonsense and let it go back to facebook retards.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Tulpae are actually a fairly old concept with roots in Tibetan Buddhism. I've heard that the intended use of one is to create a "physical" representation of your subconscious in order to improve yourself, meaning a tulpa often manifests with all the bad that entails.* However, bronies ignored that part and went straight to "WOW I CAN PRETEND TO gently caress APPLEBLOOM."

*Note that this is literally just poo poo I heard somewhere, and attempts to find a source for this have been met with page upon page of brony forums

Lord Booga
Sep 23, 2007
Huh?
Grimey Drawer

Good Citizen posted:

It's the truth.

Stolen from literally unbelievable

I know this person is infact, dumb as a sack of bricks, but they are oddly right on the last comment - feeding obligate carnivores (cats are one example) herbs and vegetables will kill them, or at least make them very, very sick.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
That would explain why my Vegan Yum Yum Snacks for Cats are not selling so well and also why they are killing cats.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
"Tulpa" is a Tibetan word. The plural is not "tulpae". Tibetan doesn't have plural forms of nouns---you either know from context, from the sentence having no definite article, or you include a plural demonstrative marker. (The latter being like the difference between "I bought a sheep" and "I bought these sheep" in English.)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Lord Booga posted:

I know this person is infact, dumb as a sack of bricks, but they are oddly right on the last comment - feeding obligate carnivores (cats are one example) herbs and vegetables will kill them, or at least make them very, very sick.

They, like you, missed the goddamn point entirely in that it's an onion article.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Maybe because of SA I couldn't help but laugh and think of Supply Side Jesus when I saw this posted.

I can't help but think that instead of denouncing material wealth, Jesus is preaching how to invest in gold and bitcoins and being poor is your own lazy fault.

Lord Booga
Sep 23, 2007
Huh?
Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

They, like you, missed the goddamn point entirely in that it's an onion article.

Yes? I noticed that it was an onion article, hence saying that person was dumb as hell, it doesn't change what I mentioned.

I should point out that it only harms obligate carnivores if you ONLY feed them plant matter, the occasional bit won't hurt.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Lord Booga posted:

Yes? I noticed that it was an onion article, hence saying that person was dumb as hell, it doesn't change what I mentioned.

I should point out that it only harms obligate carnivores if you ONLY feed them plant matter, the occasional bit won't hurt.

He means that the joke is red meat shortens the lives of cows because we kill them and eat their meat. Which is red. So they arent alive any more and didnt live as long as they otherwise might have, because of eating red meat.

So if the bottom commenter hadnt missed the point he wouldnt be saying "Carnivores cant eat vegetables!", but something like "Salad shortens lives of lettuce".

:thejoke:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I was at work at my retail job when some guy I went to high school with like 6 years ago came in and recognized me. He added me on Facebook that night and now he won't leave me alone. These are just a few of his recent posts.

"Saving this for when I go camping"

I thought everyone knew this was fake by now
http://www.snopes.com/photos/food/mountaindew.asp

"How it really happened"

He has no children

:psyduck:

I really hope he knows better than this, but I doubt it.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Well this is a good outlook to have.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

It's the truth.

Stolen from literally unbelievable

I love Literally Unbelievable, because I'm pretty sure the Onion has started writing certain articles just to try to freak people out, War of the Worlds-style:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Buggiezor posted:

I really hope he knows better than this, but I doubt it.

That last one is a really obvious troll designed to snag grammar spergs, and the Barney one is... you know what? I can't tell on the Barney one. Poe's Law in action. I seriously cannot tell.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tardigrade posted:

"Why won't those whores have sex with me for being such a nice guy?" :qq:

Sorry to repost this from a few pages back, but are there any anti-macro replies to this on the lines of 'Posts Nice Guy pic, fat guy irl' or 'Posts Nice Guy Pic, fat guy only chats up thin sexy women'.
Can't seem to find any related ones, might be a good idea for a new meme genre.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

That last one is a really obvious troll designed to snag grammar spergs, and the Barney one is... you know what? I can't tell on the Barney one. Poe's Law in action. I seriously cannot tell.

The whole "Barney is Satan" thing has been around for almost a decade. I haven't seen it in a while, and certainly not on Facebook, so I'm surprised that it just suddenly appeared.

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Probably not, but you can drive yourself insane by reading peoples' disordered thoughts on Facebook until they break your brain.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Words fail me.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Andorra posted:

What's funny is that, if I remember correctly, YouTube changed from the star system to thumb-up/down because basically all of the time people were only rating things either one star or five stars.

So people would hate on this dude's crappy vids either way :dance:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Reminds me of a childhood friend who tried to convince everyone that "kamehameha" was japanese for "Devil give me power."

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.
Weirdly, the thing that bothers me the most about Buggiezor's post is that the guy thinks "voila" is spelled "walla".

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Andorra posted:

I would love to see this guy's Youtube videos.

Also, for content:

"Being a woman in the 60's was easier than being black. Therefore, the patriarchy doesn't exist and feminism is invalid." :smug:

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 22:55 on May 3, 2013

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
I admire Yellow for speaking their mind, gently caress the haters.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

This reminds me of when I was in middle school and everyone was passing around old AOL floppy disks with a .wad file that turned some Doom bad guy into Barney. It reminds me of that because I think that's the last time I heard anyone talk about Barney.

Here's some weapons grade :freep: from an old Army buddy. He's the OP and I don't know anyone else but I'd love to just sit with that last person and just listen to all her crazy stories :allears:

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

kannonfodder posted:

Just had this pop up on my feed, and I really don't get it. What the hell does that mean? I'm pretty sure that's not what miracles are. Why is there a turkey photoshopped in to look at the sun? Why is there a rainbow in front of the sun, since that's not how a rainbow works?

It's a stork so I'm guessing it's babies! related.

One of my friends posted this wall of mental text:

Someone on Facebook posted:

Dear Mr. Cameron,

Please find below our suggestion for fixing the UK 's economy.

Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.

Pay them £1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire.
Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new British car.
Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university -
Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy £100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week .....
And there's your money back in duty/tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.

Also.....
Let's put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.

This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.

They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counseling, pool and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.

Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay £600.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out.

Think about this (more points of contention):

COWS
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Appleby almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the county of Cumbria?

And, they even tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 125,000 illegal immigrants wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.

I think it's an awkward rewrite of an American version with some bonus racism tacked onto the end. Usually she just posts "Urgent!!!" notices about missing pets and horoscopes that are "so true."

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

Ktb posted:

It's a stork so I'm guessing it's babies! related.

One of my friends posted this wall of mental text:

I think it's an awkward rewrite of an American version with some bonus racism tacked onto the end. Usually she just posts "Urgent!!!" notices about missing pets and horoscopes that are "so true."

I love this one because it doesn't really account for where they're going to get £10trillion

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Xemloth posted:

I love this one because it doesn't really account for where they're going to get £10trillion

From the savings! The savings on the dole! That they'll get when the people on the dole take over the jobs vacated by the premature old-age pensioners. Gosh, it's like you didn't even read it.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Xemloth posted:

What are you talking about? Millions, billions, trillions, they're all pretty much the same amount of money. :downs:

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

AlbieQuirky posted:

From the savings! The savings on the dole! That they'll get when the people on the dole take over the jobs vacated by the premature old-age pensioners. Gosh, it's like you didn't even read it.

And the immigrants, if we stop giving illegal immigrants million pound houses that's 125 million right there! All that would cost is postage and packing for 125 thousand cows

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Ugh the mountain dew glow bottle thing reminded me of a few times I've seen pages shared advocating breaking open glow sticks and pouring it on jeans to make them glow, or I'm bubble mixture so you can blow glow in the dark bubbles. Is it not broken glass in glow sticks?:psyduck:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Toriori posted:

Is it not broken glass in glow sticks?:psyduck:
Trust me, if there was broken glass in glow sticks, you'd have a lot more dumb rear end teenagers flooding ERs for lacerated hands. I would've been one of them :downs:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Buggiezor posted:

I was at work at my retail job when some guy I went to high school with like 6 years ago came in and recognized me. He added me on Facebook that night and now he won't leave me alone. These are just a few of his recent posts.

"Saving this for when I go camping"

I thought everyone knew this was fake by now

I initially read this as it rhymes with "holla." Took me a minute to realize he was trying to say "voila." (Sorry, I forget how to make the accents!)

WALLA!

Dammit, beaten so hard.

Maggie Fletcher has a new favorite as of 07:08 on May 4, 2013

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

Xemloth posted:

Of course it does, you get it back from in tax from the newly acquired two-pack-a-day smoking habit that the nation's elderly now have mandated for them by the government. Obviously we don't care about the cost to their health or the NHS but then we're conjuring up 125,000 surplus cows from somewhere and "fixing" the housing crisis by telling 10 million people to all buy a house at the same time.

My favourite part is where it claims that being "left all alone and unsupervised" would be as detrimental to the well being of criminals as it would be to elderly people in care homes. Although I suppose it won't matter because there won't be criminals any more now that retired people will be sending their children to school.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
From the neo-nazi father archives:

Translation:
They say muslims born in the Netherlands and Belgium are Dutch and Belgian!

That is Utter Rubbish!

After all, a dog born in a stable isn't a horse!

:suicide:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Xemloth posted:

And the immigrants, if we stop giving illegal immigrants million pound houses that's 125 million right there! All that would cost is postage and packing for 125 thousand cows

Of course if you could find all these illegal immigrants in order to send them a cow for tracking purposes...do you really need to send them a cow at all? :raise:

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

Kimmalah posted:

Of course if you could find all these illegal immigrants in order to send them a cow for tracking purposes...do you really need to send them a cow at all? :raise:

Brilliant! We'll use the free cows as a honeypot to trap them, saves us shipping the cows all over the country

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Experto Crede posted:

Translation:

That is Utter Rubbish!

Experto Crede posted:

Translation:

That is Utter Rubbish!

Good to know there are terrible racists worldwide. I don't hear much about other countries dumb stuff.

Excavation
May 18, 2004

FEED ME CRAYONS

Experto Crede posted:

Translation:

That is Utter Rubbish!

I thought Don Martin had died.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Here, have some more Firefighter Guy.

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
Eggy please rename this thread in honor of the firefighter, everyone is rooting for him

• Locked thread