Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I've seen this Celica before on another forum and the best thing about it besides the fact that it's still FWD (and an automatic) is that the nitrous isn't even hooked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spades
Sep 18, 2011

Zeether posted:

I've seen this Celica before on another forum and the best thing about it besides the fact that it's still FWD (and an automatic) is that the nitrous isn't even hooked up.

I am torn between mentioning that drag cars generally are automatics and the everything else about the car

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

What's that stupid sunglasses and fedora-wearing badly-mustachioed 'thing' in the trunk supposed to be? I've seen it somewhere before, but I can't place it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It reminds me of Eric Cartman, with sunglasses and a stick on mustache when he says "respect my authority."

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

What's that stupid sunglasses and fedora-wearing badly-mustachioed 'thing' in the trunk supposed to be? I've seen it somewhere before, but I can't place it.

Lowrider mag logo iirc, that car is anything but which is also frustrating.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Before I became a true "car guy" I had plans to buy and rice the poo poo out of a Focus so I was pretty familiar with the Saleens but I really think it was more than that. Hell the uninstalled kits were expensive as hell.

Sway bars and front brakes as well. Had different exhaust and intake IIRC.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

India is a vast untapped goldmine of terrible car stuff.

That's a Ford Ikon.

This is something called a "Gypcy", which came from this high class establishment.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Got these two within a few minutes of each other on the drive home yesterday.

First, I've seen this a few times. Pretty low on the terrible scale, but great example of why blacking your goddamn tails is a bad idea - that's as bright as they get:

Then, partially a terrible cameraphone failure since it completely blew out the bumper, but you can barely trace one of the lines of zip ties fixing crash damage that probably didn't even actually occur while drifting:

Plus some wonky camber side-to-side (the camera / windshield relationship is skewing it a bit but it was definitely not even), some mad tyte stretch, and not pictured is the exhaust that's so stupidly rich that it was making me nauseous.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Got these two within a few minutes of each other on the drive home yesterday.

First, I've seen this a few times. Pretty low on the terrible scale, but great example of why blacking your goddamn tails is a bad idea - that's as bright as they get:

Before I read what to look for, I thought the license plate was the terrible car stuff.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

thvwlshvscpd posted:

Before I read what to look for, I thought the license plate was the terrible car stuff.

Oh, the plate and the "illest" definitely count as well. I actually thought it might've been going to the same place as where the WRX was heading (you can barely see the WRX through the tint) but they went different directions.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Scirocco Griffon posted:

This is something called a "Gypcy", which came from this high class establishment.

It's like the tainted offspring of a VW Beetle and a FJ Cruiser :stare:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Rhyno posted:

Before I became a true "car guy" I had plans to buy and rice the poo poo out of a Focus so I was pretty familiar with the Saleens but I really think it was more than that. Hell the uninstalled kits were expensive as hell.

Oh definitely, the $27k figure was the base price. They had additional stuff you could tack on like a front BBK (leaving the factory drums in place :downs:) and a in-dash Alpine stereo/DVD unit that easily pushed the price tag over $30k. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Focus fan but spending that kind of money on a (mostly) stock '05 whose only redeeming factor was a disconnected nitrous system when you'd be in brand-new STi/Evo territory for a few thousand more was utterly retarded.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geoj posted:

Oh definitely, the $27k figure was the base price. They had additional stuff you could tack on like a front BBK (leaving the factory drums in place :downs:) and a in-dash Alpine stereo/DVD unit that easily pushed the price tag over $30k. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Focus fan but spending that kind of money on a (mostly) stock '05 whose only redeeming factor was a disconnected nitrous system when you'd be in brand-new STi/Evo territory for a few thousand more was utterly retarded.

I don't really like the '04 refresh much, the '00-'03 looked sharper with or without the Saleen kit. The headlights just look like derpy eyes with that bumper. And with those arches you really need to put spacers on the wheels. I should go write down the VIN so I can see what's wrong with it.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:stare:

Wrong thread.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

A little odd looking, but its well done, I agree with Godholio

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Personally I think it would be better if it was an imprint into the hood instead of a skull trying to escape the engine compartment.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

veedubfreak posted:

Personally I think it would be better if it was an imprint into the hood instead of a skull trying to escape the engine compartment.

Yeah but the difference is creepy/cool and vehicular homicide. One would definitely fit in this thread.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Oh, the plate and the "illest" definitely count as well. I actually thought it might've been going to the same place as where the WRX was heading (you can barely see the WRX through the tint) but they went different directions.

I put a tranny in a Jetta this weekend and had to do the test drive today with the terrible coilover suspension and "illest" sticker on the back, ugh. I hope I don't end up in this thread :ohdear:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Considering "illest" is a clothing company, I wonder if all these kids actually wear their clothing as well as using their stickers.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Wow, I had no idea it was a clothing brand, I thought it was just an idiot phrase used exclusively by tuner tards.

:barf:

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
This thing must really be great offroad, like how a razor that has 5 blades is awesome because there are 5 of a thing. Also why does it have a minitruck style sideways license plate spot with no snappy personalized plate like "4XBETTR".

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Considering "illest" is a clothing company, I wonder if all these kids actually wear their clothing as well as using their stickers.

It's like people that put Fox racing stickers on their bro-trucks. It's the "cool" thing to do.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm pretty sure it's awesome offroad because the tailgate is well cooled by those louvres.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

G-Mach posted:

It's like people that put Fox racing stickers on their bro-trucks. It's the "cool" thing to do.

White kids wearin' FUBU.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Godholio posted:

White kids wearin' FUBU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjzGr1EFrI4

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

:psyduck: How would you even get into this thing? There aren't even any running boards with which to hoist yourself up / perch on after climbing the wheel. Unless that thing sticking out of the back is a step of some sort?

and is that a shriveled looking little pair of truck nutz I see hanging out back there

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
It's not that tall. Reach up to grab the steering wheel with one hand (or the oh poo poo bar if passenger), roll cage with the other hand, foot on one tire and shove yourself up.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
The worst use of a Jeep ever :negative:

It would have been better to slam it and mall-crawl it.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I didn't even know this. Now going to ask everyone I see with an illest sticker what clothes they own.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pinifarina.
Rolls Royce.
$2.5mil.

I'd have got killed for this at uni, I can't believe a company like Pinifarina would put it out.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Crustashio posted:

I didn't even know this. Now going to ask everyone I see with an illest sticker what clothes they own.

I don't think anyone knows they are a clothing company.

Picture for some content:

Well at least the guy didn't put on a giant pink dildo for a shifter for his STi.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I guess he only booked the lathe for like 5 minutes.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

G-Mach posted:

I don't think anyone knows they are a clothing company.

Picture for some content:

Well at least the guy didn't put on a giant pink dildo for a shifter for his STi.

"Hang on guys, takes two hands to get into reverse with this stupid lockout, I wish my car didn't come with it"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

SaNChEzZ posted:

"Hang on guys, takes two hands to get into reverse with this stupid lockout, I wish my car didn't come with it"

A simple flick of the entire upper body...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I want to play devil's advocate here and say that it may be a joke picture, mid-construction.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

This drove past me the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yg-uHk0cWY

:psyduck: I wonder how much they got off the price for the shame of doing a sales pitch in front of their new pink Juke.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

G-Mach posted:

I'm willing to bet that illest, No Fear, Fox Racing and the Lowrider logo are all on page one of every vinyl sticker shop's clipart book, right above the generic tribal dragon, Confederate flag and Calvin peeing on (insert manufacturer logo here).

Meanwhile, in Morocco:

:stonk: I have no idea how you even do something like this, unless Photoshop has an "Export to real life" option now.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Scirocco Griffon posted:

I'm willing to bet that illest, No Fear, Fox Racing and the Lowrider logo are all on page one of every vinyl sticker shop's clipart book, right above the generic tribal dragon, Confederate flag and Calvin peeing on (insert manufacturer logo here).

Meanwhile, in Morocco:

:stonk: I have no idea how you even do something like this, unless Photoshop has an "Export to real life" option now.

if it had a different grill, something like a older Jeep grill.....I might like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Pinifarina.
Rolls Royce.
$2.5mil.

I'd have got killed for this at uni, I can't believe a company like Pinifarina would put it out.

Looks like a Sebring convertible and a 300 had sex in a Pep Boys.