Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

One of my friends showed me this earlier before I had checked this thread and I grabbed a red one :D

I thought I had a red shirt selected but ended up ordering blue on accident. The blue outfit on blue is going to drive me insane! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Grabbed a red shirt. Would have grabbed two (one to put in a drawer) but then I realized I'm not crazy and don't collect things anymore, except for hand held consoles (for some reason?).

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift
Well, this is a video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-bcnVU_NAU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

They need to give Peter Serafinowicz another show. Brilliant.

BRB MAKIN BACON
Mar 22, 2007

I am Tuxedo Mask.
Russell Wilson, look into your heart and find the warrior within.
It is your destiny.

~:Seattle Seahawks:~
Get Lucky owns. It's different enough to keep make it seem new, but is still essential Daft Punk. Plus a lil bit of sk8brd is always nice :3:

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

I really enjoy how they've made a more "organic" sound by using live instruments. It's a refreshing sound. Pre-ordered a couple weeks ago. Amazon has it for 10.99usd last I checked.

Another upcoming album release I'm excited for is by Empire of the Sun!

Oh my god YES LOL

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Looks like Daft Punk has been working on some other, uh, stuff too:

http://www.youredm.com/2013/05/06/daft-punk-and-skrillex-to-be-on-kanye-wests-upcoming-album/

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I'm pretty pumped for the new Kanye album. 2 Daft Punk songs, HudMo now signed to Kanye's label, dark Kanye. Sounds legit.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
DJ Falcon Collaborators is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gca9hrmVapE

edit: Ahaha they collaborated with loving NASA what the gently caress I love these guys so much.

-Inu- fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 7, 2013

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

First 10 seconds with falcon: Rolling and scratching is playing. Hell yes if this is a sign.

Also: busy p looks really, really young.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Falcon's was probably the least informative of all the Collaborators videos. He said next to nothing about his part in this album. It was more of him talking about Daft Punk being Daft Punk through the years.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...
Turning on the english captions for the DJ Falcon collab vid made it pretty hilarious.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
The comments on that Falcon vid are amazing. People are trying as hard as humanly possible to convince themselves that the commercially released radio edit track isn't the final mixed version and that somehow when the actual track is released it will somehow sound better.

"I insist. The ultra-compressed version of "Get Lucky" on these videos sounds WAY MUCH better than the original released a couple of weeks ago. These guys must be hiding something..."

"I think that in addition to be shorter, the Radio Edit was also mixed differently. Youtube drops the audio down to 192kbps aac, and yet it still sounds better than the 256 aac I got from iTunes. Here's hoping the full version has the same sound as these videos."

"I wasn't talking about that... I was talking about how the drums sounded a little different. Compare it yourself."

"here's my theory, maybe Daft Punk gave us the version we already have of Get Lucky, to make us think "we waited 5 years for that?" kinda like we did with HAA, then as soon as RAM is released, we get the ultra compressed version of Get Lucky, with some more extra awesomness and that Daft Touch that we've all been wanting for 5 years."

"true. It probably had different mastering than the whole track with vocals and so on. When you master just this little part you can make it sound better than with all the other stuff that have to sound well together"

:pseudo:

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Well the radio edit is about 2min shorter than the album version, right? We might get a guitar solo or maybe some more verses that are vocoded but I can't imagine it being wildly different.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But I liked Get Lucky. It wasn't the revolution I thought it would be, but it's still a great song. v:shobon:v

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Whirlwind Jones posted:

The comments on that Falcon vid are amazing. People are trying as hard as humanly possible to convince themselves that the commercially released radio edit track isn't the final mixed version and that somehow when the actual track is released it will somehow sound better.

"I insist. The ultra-compressed version of "Get Lucky" on these videos sounds WAY MUCH better than the original released a couple of weeks ago. These guys must be hiding something..."

"I think that in addition to be shorter, the Radio Edit was also mixed differently. Youtube drops the audio down to 192kbps aac, and yet it still sounds better than the 256 aac I got from iTunes. Here's hoping the full version has the same sound as these videos."

"I wasn't talking about that... I was talking about how the drums sounded a little different. Compare it yourself."

"here's my theory, maybe Daft Punk gave us the version we already have of Get Lucky, to make us think "we waited 5 years for that?" kinda like we did with HAA, then as soon as RAM is released, we get the ultra compressed version of Get Lucky, with some more extra awesomness and that Daft Touch that we've all been wanting for 5 years."

"true. It probably had different mastering than the whole track with vocals and so on. When you master just this little part you can make it sound better than with all the other stuff that have to sound well together"

:pseudo:

The audio on the collaborator videos sounds much better than the released song though

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It sounds better than the radio version I hear in the car, but maybe that's because it's, well, radio?

I think that Get Lucky (radio or the 320kbps MP3 and AAC I have of it) is pretty loving awesome as-is. I don't see the problem.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.
Pete Tong will interview Daft Punk on his show on BBC Radio 1 this Friday.

https://soundcloud.com/bbcradio1/tong-teaser-100513

LORD ASSBURGERS 69
May 8, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Listened to "Get Lucky" for the first time and the song sounds very generic and boring. It doesn't help that Pharrell can't sing. I hope the rest of the album sounds nothing like this.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LORD ASSBURGERS 69 posted:

Listened to "Get Lucky" for the first time and the song sounds very generic and boring. It doesn't help that Pharrell can't sing. I hope the rest of the album sounds nothing like this.

You're in for a nice surprise then :getin:

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I was about to come in here and post that this song is the most "Daft Punk" sounding song I've ever heard. I can't decide if this is a good thing or not.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
So are we all going to not mention the extra disco synths in Get Lucky that you can hear in that Pete Tong interview? I'm starting to jump onto the idea that the radio edit is really just a stripped down radio friendly version and the full one will be less sparce sounding.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

You are a bad troll and wasted $10

Nevertheless :getout:

Grawl fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 9, 2013

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Daftbros.com

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He's up all night fo sho

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He's up all night fo sho

He's getting lucky.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
A three minute cellphone recorded snippet of Giorgio by Moroder is floating around the net. It's legit. Sounds amazing.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
MY NAME IS GIOVANNI GIORGIO BUT EVERYBODY CALLS ME GIORGIO

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

Can we post a link to the leak here or is that a nono? Ive seen other people post leaks that were bullshit and it was allowed…

either way, i am willing to take the risk… IT sounds AMAZING!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRkhNdr7rkM

This album is going to be nuts.

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011
oh my.

I need more; that track ended to soon. :(

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
:swoon::holy::swoon:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

:gizz:

I really can't wait for this drat album anymore.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm defiantly getting Tron: Legacy vibes on that track.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh my

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

I got divorced a few months back and i no longer give a poo poo about the ex… This album is all i care about. God drat i cant stop listening to that leak and get lucky. My get lucky play count is at 184. 90 of them im sure came from last night because i had that poo poo on repeat while i was QA testing software.

garney
Jul 21, 2007
The uploaded wrote 'The other two leaks on Youtube got taken down...'

WHAT ARE THEY :aaaaa:

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

garney posted:

The uploaded wrote 'The other two leaks on Youtube got taken down...'

WHAT ARE THEY :aaaaa:
Probably the same clip, just keeps getting posted and then taken down.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

That beat is pretty awesome... but also pretty repetitive for two minutes - and not necessarily in an awesome "Around the World" way. However, the last three seconds gets awesome. So, I'm torn.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

It's poo poo quality, and most of the instruments are barely audible in this leak. Not really sure what you want it to sound like. I mean you're entitled to opinions, you don't have to like anything from this album just because it's Daft Punk, but come on :-p

(though I honestly think it sounds pretty damned amazing already)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

somnambulist posted:

It's poo poo quality, and most of the instruments are barely audible in this leak. Not really sure what you want it to sound like. I mean you're entitled to opinions, you don't have to like anything from this album just because it's Daft Punk, but come on :-p

(though I honestly think it sounds pretty damned amazing already)
Who the hell are you even responding to?

The fervor to which some people will defend this poo poo is crazy to me.

• Locked thread