Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Can't really decide between the 30$ tmobile plan (some months I do go above 100 mins, but not often), and something like ting.

Hopefully I can sell my HTC One V and my Samsung Reverb for enough cash to grab a new phone with minimal irritation though.

Has anyone compiled a pros/cons list? I live in La so I know I won't be getting 4g service, but I'd like to know if something has roaming or something extra that charges for when I am out and about.

Looks like Sensorly says there is some LTE in LA.

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/T-Mobile/lte_310260

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="415182280"]
Tmobile
Pro: tmobile

Ting
Con: sprint

I haven't had T-Mo in years so their CS may have changed, but it was good circa 2006. Ting's CS is loving incredible, no joke. They're amazingly good.

Ting
PRO: Customer Service, innovative billing structure if you fluctuate in usage, LTE (where available), selling the HTC One.

CON: Spr---...data loading, please wait...---int. Low max data plan size(2GB) and depending on usage may be as expensive as a postpaid plan or more. Incoming call minutes are counted against your total. Is not sprint when it comes to google voice. No Roaming.

T-Mobile
PRO: T-Mobile speeds blast Sprint out of the water even on a good day. After throttling it's still as fast as an average Sprint 3G connection, according to users. Sim Card means higher resale value as you're selling a phone typically to a market of 2+ carriers versus one with a Sprint or VZW phone. This is where you can use international versions of phones (more or less) and thus get decent software update intervals (not really an iOS thing).

CON: I have heard their CS is so-so. Their speeds are not LTE fast, but you can expect at least a few Mb/s at all times. No Roaming.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 7, 2013

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005
For minutes on tmo, it's 10c/min after you use all of your 100, so not a big deal if you go over occasionally. As far as roaming goes you can roam on att's network for voice and sms but they don't let you get any data.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Wow, tmobile phones are expensive.

drat, I might just go the straight talk route, hell I dunno. Virgin just has me so pissed off at the moment with the data being off for 3 days and poo poo customer service that I'm ready to lob the drat thing into the street.

Basically, what I'm looking for is a plan around 30$ or so, and a decent phone (current one is a samsung reverb) meaning android 4.0, and that's pretty much it. Phone limit price is around 150.

Looks like I've got a bigger chunk of research to do that originally thought.

PUBLIC TOILET
Jun 13, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wow, tmobile phones are expensive.

drat, I might just go the straight talk route, hell I dunno. Virgin just has me so pissed off at the moment with the data being off for 3 days and poo poo customer service that I'm ready to lob the drat thing into the street.

Basically, what I'm looking for is a plan around 30$ or so, and a decent phone (current one is a samsung reverb) meaning android 4.0, and that's pretty much it. Phone limit price is around 150.

Looks like I've got a bigger chunk of research to do that originally thought.

Yeah, I know how you feel. I have a StraightTalk AT&T MicroSIM sitting here just waiting for me get a Nexus 4 to install it in. Next to it is my current Virgin Mobile phone with no cellular signal, sitting inside the apartment on my desk, pleading for me to keep it. gently caress that. Unless you go to eBay, StraightTalk only offers T-Mobile at this point but even I'm convinced that T-Mobile is better than Virgin Mobile at this point. Does T-Mobile actually roam onto AT&T's network?

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

PUBLIC TOILET posted:

Does T-Mobile actually roam onto AT&T's network?
For calls it does.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

The Entire Universe posted:

T-Mobile
PRO: T-Mobile speeds blast Sprint out of the water even on a good day. After throttling it's still as fast as an average Sprint 3G connection, according to users. Sim Card means higher resale value as you're selling a phone typically to a market of 2+ carriers versus one with a Sprint or VZW phone. This is where you can use international versions of phones (more or less) and thus get decent software update intervals (not really an iOS thing).

CON: I have heard their CS is so-so. Their speeds are not LTE fast, but you can expect at least a few Mb/s at all times. No Roaming.

No comment on Ting, but I've been happy with TMO. Also it sounds silly but on prepaid there is literally no reason ever to interact with CS. Just get your sim, sign up for the $30 plan, load up $45 and setup a refill for $30 like 5 days before your bill date. If any thing goes wrong and the credit on your line is low just order another Sim. I know it sounds silly but it's not worth dicking with CS for $10.

Also the suggested phone usually is the N4, you can get one for $299 + tax and ship and hopefully there will be a spec bump as the $299 version has pretty small storage. There is some indication there might be a spec bump next week at Google I/O news should be announced by 5/16 at the latest. The N4 is 80% as good in hardware as the new top of the line phones (HTC One, GS4) for 1/2 the price and arguably a much better software experience for 1/3 - 1/2 the price.

Besides that you can get a GSM/ATT iPhone and if you have 1900mhz it should work in your region.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I see on the T-Mobile website they have this prepaid plan:

quote:

$30 per month - Unlimited web and text with 100 minutes talk

100 minutes talk | Unlimited text | First 5GB at up to 4G speeds
http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

This is cheaper than Straight Talk and would be perfect for me for my two week trip to the US but I don't know how to buy it. Do I just go to a store or can I do it online?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Buy the SIM card online and pick that plan when you activate it. I believe it's available online only, anyway.

SIM cards are here.
http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/phone-sim-card

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Boris Galerkin posted:

I see on the T-Mobile website they have this prepaid plan:

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

This is cheaper than Straight Talk and would be perfect for me for my two week trip to the US but I don't know how to buy it. Do I just go to a store or can I do it online?

drat, I wish t-mobile worked well in my area. Well, I wish I knew more about their coverage, that is. Their map shows my apartment in "Very Strong," my commute in mostly "Excellent" and "Very Strong" with a few blips of "Good." Work is in a big ol' fat "Excellent/Very Strong" area, and I'd have to make an effort to hit a place that's "Satisfactory," let alone 2G/no service.

How well does their service measure up to their map, if anyone's had much experience with them?

NJD2005
Sep 3, 2006
Just a heads up for the thread, Wal-Mart is going to be selling a Bring your own phone kit for T-Mobile prepaid (Normal/micro sim + $30 card) for $39.96. New mod is dropping this week for our prepaid phones and it just got added. Also, Straight Talk/T-Mobile prepaid and Wal-Mart family mobile are going to be selling the Galaxy S3 for $450 - $500 in select stores and Wal-Mart family mobile will be selling the Galaxy S4 for $650.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

drat, I wish t-mobile worked well in my area. Well, I wish I knew more about their coverage, that is. Their map shows my apartment in "Very Strong," my commute in mostly "Excellent" and "Very Strong" with a few blips of "Good." Work is in a big ol' fat "Excellent/Very Strong" area, and I'd have to make an effort to hit a place that's "Satisfactory," let alone 2G/no service.

How well does their service measure up to their map, if anyone's had much experience with them?

Just keep an eye out for dead zones. There are a few spots in town (RDU) which come to mind as zero reception on T-Mobile, those spots are kind of unique in that they're a crossroads in a low-lying point. Literally the lowest possible point of a traffic intersection which coincides with all four roads reaching their lowest points. And reception recovers to high speeds soon after moving to higher terrain.

There are plenty of 2g zones outside of metropolitan areas, but proper dead zones aren't common unless you're either geographically unlucky or out in the sticks (all of my extended family are country people, and for me reception isn't gone unless you're either driving in severely dinky towns, or walking the farm lines where nobody lives). Other posters are right about 2g speed on T-Mobile, it works well enough to maintain basic audio or navigation data streams. If you spend a lot of time traveling outside of highway areas, bigger carriers could be a better choice. Speeds within metro areas are usually 1.5+mbps minimum (commonly 3+ down and 2+ up, usually better). I use a GSM galaxy nexus on the $30 plan.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
So, since Verizon is the only network that is worth a drat where I'm at, I'm pretty much stuck with lovely Verizon or StraightTalk CDMA prepaid phones? Guess I need to go back on contract to get a better selection of phones?

Cuttlefish Party
Mar 18, 2011

Cuttlefish: GO.
(They've advanced quickly.)

I haven't had T-Mo in years so their CS may have changed, but it was good circa 2006. Ting's CS is loving incredible, no joke. They're amazingly good.

Ting
PRO: Customer Service, innovative billing structure if you fluctuate in usage, LTE (where available), selling the HTC One.

CON: Spr---...data loading, please wait...---int. Low max data plan size(2GB) and depending on usage may be as expensive as a postpaid plan or more. Incoming call minutes are counted against your total. Is not sprint when it comes to google voice. No Roaming.

T-Mobile

Actually, on Ting there is roaming onto Verizon (voice only, no data). If you often pass through areas where Verizon is the only carrier, it can be a big plus.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Go pick up a prepaid phone from target. You get 30 day return policy. Never activate it but carry it around and call T-Mobile in a bunch of places to see if you can make calls. You can also check signal strength while you haveit.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Kukash posted:

So, since Verizon is the only network that is worth a drat where I'm at, I'm pretty much stuck with lovely Verizon or StraightTalk CDMA prepaid phones? Guess I need to go back on contract to get a better selection of phones?
There's PagePlus that runs on Verizon's network. The $29.95 plan is a deal if you're on WiFi most of the time and can stay under 250Mb/month. There are also a ~$55 plan with 2Gb and a $70 plan with 5Gb.

You can activate any 3G Verizon smartphone--no LTE phones. The iPhone 4/4S is officially barred, though you may be able to activate it using a reseller willing to do it.

goku chewbacca fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 8, 2013

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Don Lapre posted:

Go pick up a prepaid phone from target. You get 30 day return policy. Never activate it but carry it around and call T-Mobile in a bunch of places to see if you can make calls. You can also check signal strength while you haveit.

There are no places that sell T-Mobile in Omaha. In fact, I went back to the Walmart I saw the T-Mobile phones at just this morning and they no longer sell them.

The only way to get a phone that may work on T-Mobile is online as no one in Omaha, NE has them.

(Edit: To add to this, on my way to Nebraska City today, I noticed I got Roaming from T-Mobile FAR away from Omaha. So, T-Mobile does exist in small parts but not in Omaha, NE. This was on Straight Talk AT&T so I can 100% confirm that ST AT&T (and ST T-Mobile) both have roaming onto each other's networks. Just another thing that AT&T's rumored plans most likely won't have so I've been thinking about that).

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 8, 2013

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Throwing my brand new experience with Net10 out here to warn people about.

First off, Net10 customer service is TERRIBLE.

Let me get to why that is. So I have two Net10 BYOP SIMs. I activate SIM #1 and service starts working, I initiate a port from Verizon wireless to Net10. During this process I am told "oh sorry, you will need a new SIM, we will send you one". That's all well and good, cool, I will get a SIM to replace this one and the port will happen after that.

Nope. The port I requested last night is done TODAY, the SIM in the device no longer works. So my wife's phone with Verizon is now dead, her Nexus 4 on Net10 no longer works. Since I just happen to have a second SIM it isn't a huge hassle, but if I did not have a second SIM here with me we would be out of service until we could get another SIM from these idiots.

I call customer service, who couldn't care less about the situation. They do not seem to see any problem with the events that just transpired. The fact that I would be days without mobile service because the SIM in the phone now just doesn't work. Yeah, this will be the only month of Net10 service for me.

Edit : Reached a "manager" who right off the start sounded like she would enjoy life more with a gun in her mouth. Needless to say, she also didn't see a problem with it. She also informs me that there is no SIM card order placed, so there is no new SIM card on the way! Fantastic!

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 8, 2013

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Throwing my brand new experience with Net10 out here to warn people about.

First off, Net10 customer service is TERRIBLE.

Let me get to why that is. So I have two Net10 BYOP SIMs. I activate SIM #1 and service starts working, I initiate a port from Verizon wireless to Net10. During this process I am told "oh sorry, you will need a new SIM, we will send you one". That's all well and good, cool, I will get a SIM to replace this one and the port will happen after that.

Nope. The port I requested last night is done TODAY, the SIM in the device no longer works. So my wife's phone with Verizon is now dead, her Nexus 4 on Net10 no longer works. Since I just happen to have a second SIM it isn't a huge hassle, but if I did not have a second SIM here with me we would be out of service until we could get another SIM from these idiots.

I call customer service, who couldn't care less about the situation. They do not seem to see any problem with the events that just transpired. The fact that I would be days without mobile service because the SIM in the phone now just doesn't work. Yeah, this will be the only month of Net10 service for me.

Edit : Reached a "manager" who right off the start sounded like she would enjoy life more with a gun in her mouth. Needless to say, she also didn't see a problem with it. She also informs me that there is no SIM card order placed, so there is no new SIM card on the way! Fantastic!

Oh dear, that wasn't my experience at all. It was a little bumpy (at least in understanding what was happening and that it was working correctly) porting my and my wifes number from T-mobile prepaid but it worked out in the end. I did do the whole thing on the phone from the start though.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Oh AT&T launched their prepaid service:

http://phandroid.com/2013/05/09/att-aio-wireless/?utm_source=feedly

quote:

“Bring your own phone” services are becoming quite the popular kid in America, and AT&T wants to make sure it’s jumping on that wagon. The carrier has announced Aio Wireless, its pre-paid brand where you can buy one of their phones or bring your own, compatible unlocked phone.

Their Android selection includes the Samsung Galaxy Express for $250, the Samsung Galaxy Amp for $100, and the ZTE Prelude for just $50. Those are some very cheap prices, but the phones aren’t the best in the land of Android. Bringing over any compatible GSM phone is fine, though, so you’re not tied to these options as you would be on a CDMA-based pre-paid carrier.

Aio has plans ranging from $40 to $70 for smartphones, and $15 for tablets. Each plan comes with unlimited data, though you will be throttled after using a certain amount. In fact, the entire service is throttled — AT&T will prevent you from going beyond 4 megabits even if you’re in an area that can handle more.

Beyond that, you’ll be throttled to slower speeds on the $40 plan after using just 250MB, while the $70 plan would give you as much as 7GB of high-speed data. You can also add 1GB of high speed data for $10 if you feel you need more.

The service isn’t live everywhere yet, with trial runs taking place in Houston, Orlando, and Tampa to start. More markets will get support as the year moves on, though, so be sure to keep checking in with AT&T to see when your area might get it. If you live in one of the aforementioned markets and you feel like giving it a shot be sure to check out their full list of phones and plans at the Aio website.

Hahahaha gently caress you AT&T

Edit: This is the only place reporting the throttling so far though.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Mister Fister posted:

Minutes/texts for each plan?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

TraderStav posted:

Minutes/texts for each plan?

Unlimited.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

God drat, they're a massive shitshow. They could have done the cool thing and not crippled the service but instead they decide it's better to sell less for more. gently caress you ATT indeed.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Mister Fister posted:

From the terms and conditions on the aio website.

http://www.aiowireless.com/legal-info/plan-terms.html posted:

High speed access with download speeds up to a maximum of 4 Mbps for compatible devices. Maximum data download speeds are reduced when usage exceeds high speed allotment.

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Mister Fister posted:

Nice that they have a data-only plan for tablets, but how. in. the. gently caress. is 250mb any more than a drop in the bucket on a tablet? I mean I guess it's only $15, but still, setting that bar real low.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

SB35 posted:

Nice that they have a data-only plan for tablets, but how. in. the. gently caress. is 250mb any more than a drop in the bucket on a tablet? I mean I guess it's only $15, but still, setting that bar real low.

I'll use around that much on my android phone per month if I'm not streaming media. So if you're mainly on wifi, but occasionally need to email, map, or web browse while out and about (realtor, light road warrior, student), it could potentially serve your needs.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

SB35 posted:

250ms is a lot of email and web browsing. But yes its a couple hours of steaming media or a couple minutes of streaming video.

The Kindle Fire OTA connection doesn't allow streaming and tells you whenever a download is more than a certain size (20mb I believe). So there are ways to help the user.

General iPad user however, no that's useless.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

Beyond that, you’ll be throttled to slower speeds on the $40 plan after using just 250MB, while the $70 plan would give you as much as 7GB of high-speed data. You can also add 1GB of high speed data for $10 if you feel you need more.

My god, for once I'm happy to have AT&T Straight Talk. They will throttle and shut your lame rear end down for "excessive" data use, but drat if the limit isn't as low as 250MB before they spring into action. :iiam: but it's higher than that low, low limit.

Never stop being terrible, Aio AT&T.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

SB35 posted:

Hasn't that tablet plan always been around since the first days of metered data plans on iPad?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

hotsauce posted:

My god, for once I'm happy to have AT&T Straight Talk. They will throttle and shut your lame rear end down for "excessive" data use, but drat if the limit isn't as low as 250MB before they spring into action. :iiam: but it's higher than that low, low limit.

Never stop being terrible, Aio AT&T.

Did you miss the $50 2 gig plan?

Really what you should be upset about is the 4mbps limit if you're mad about anything. But I'm not seeing anything higher then that in my area on STalk anyways so I'm excited to jump ship and not worry about getting mystery throttled halfway through the month.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 10, 2013

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Mr Newsman posted:

Did you miss the $50 2 gig plan?

Really what you should be upset about is the 4mbps limit if you're mad about anything. But I'm not seeing anything higher then that in my area on STalk anyways so I'm excited to jump ship and not worry about getting mystery throttled halfway through the month.

Good point. Didn't see that. I'm not mad about a single thing. I just don't think Aio's plans are that compelling. If they had a 3gig non-throttled unlimited minute/text plan for, say, $45, I would sign in blood forever. But until then, they are luke-warm to me. AT&T can't go killing their post-paid business, now can they? I understand.

In case anyone is stalking my posts, I have both the T-Mo $30 plan (never pay more than $27) and ST $45 plan (never pay more than $42), which I alternate depending on my travel. I use GV so none of it matters - what does matter is where I am any given month. Montana/PA/rural months, I use ST. Out West and larger cities, I re-up T-Mo. Flexibility, choices and gooneyness I suppose.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yeah I hear what you're saying. Honestly though I feel like ST AT&T is dead in the water. I don't really think any of the MVNOs can really compare on AT&Ts network.

I haven't really looked at the ST situation lately though.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

hotsauce posted:

Good point. Didn't see that. I'm not mad about a single thing. I just don't think Aio's plans are that compelling. If they had a 3gig non-throttled unlimited minute/text plan for, say, $45, I would sign in blood forever. But until then, they are luke-warm to me. AT&T can't go killing their post-paid business, now can they? I understand.

In case anyone is stalking my posts, I have both the T-Mo $30 plan (never pay more than $27) and ST $45 plan (never pay more than $42), which I alternate depending on my travel. I use GV so none of it matters - what does matter is where I am any given month. Montana/PA/rural months, I use ST. Out West and larger cities, I re-up T-Mo. Flexibility, choices and gooneyness I suppose.

How do you never pay more than $27 for the tmobile plan?

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Is there any way to re-up the T-mobile $30/plan before the month is up? I've been flying through data and am close to hitting the 5GB wall with around 10 days left.

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="415305640"]

http://www.refillmobi.net/

tonic fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 10, 2013

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="415305640"]
Is there another one of these that deals in PagePlus? CallingMart doesn't discount PagePlus.

Alternately, is there another MNVO on the Verizon network that can beat PagePlus's $29.95 1200min/3000text/250mb plan?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Thanks for the link, but moms needs most of those 1200 minutes and likes that there's enough data to check email and weather on the go.

goku chewbacca fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 10, 2013

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

goku chewbacca posted:

Is there another one of these that deals in PagePlus? CallingMart doesn't discount PagePlus.

Alternately, is there another MNVO on the Verizon network that can beat PagePlus's $29.95 1200min/3000text/250mb plan?

Talkforgood if you don't use too much (see their $6 plan):

http://www.talkforgood.com/service-plans/

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
I have a spare Straight Talk AT&T Sim. When i purchased the sim, i accidentally initiated new service think i could just port over my number from virgin mobile. Turns out i couldn't, and they gave me a new sim to port. Can that old sim still be used? I'm thinking of selling it...

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:
My contract with Verizon ends in July and my mom and I will be ditching them. I'm still wanting a smartphone but I don't want to pay Verizon prices. Really interested in either the 35/mo virgin mobile plan or the 30/mo tmobile plan. How can I know which service will give me the best coverage for my area?

I'm really liking the new nexus 4. If I got that from the google store, could I set it up with the tmobile plan? I don't really like the selection of smartphones on the Walmart site. The nexus was a very good price for a new phone plus some of the features looked awesome. Where else could I look for compatible phones?

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

A Sleepy Budgie posted:

My contract with Verizon ends in July and my mom and I will be ditching them. I'm still wanting a smartphone but I don't want to play Verizon prices. Really interested in either the 35/mo virgin mobile plan or the 30/mo tmobile plan. How can I know which service will give me the best coverage for my area?

I'm really liking the new nexus 4. If I got that from the google store, could I set it up with the tmobile plan? I don't really like the selection of smartphones on the Walmart site. The nexus was a very good price for a new phone plus some of the features looked awesome. Where else could I look for compatible phones?

If you want to try the T-Mo plan, just get it and pay for one month. If it doesn't work out, let it go...only out the monthly charge. The N4 is Pentaband, so any GSM carrier will work just fine with all bands (4g, etc).

It's a bit more complicated for Virgin, but I suppose there's a cheap way to check (outside of looking at coverage maps, which are theoretical at best). Do you live around a lot of people (i.e. not in the sticks)? If so, T-Mo is probably fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:
We live in Spokane, Wa so it's a pretty big area. I've heard bad things about sprint's network (like data going out for days at a time) but then I've also heard tmobile is ranked 4th out of the major carriers. I don't use a whole lot of data so its not like I need the fastest connection all the time.

• Locked thread