Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Schiavona posted:

I'd be so down with Complexity replacing their bot lane with CLG's.

Yeah that would be even better. I think if Complexity re-qualifies they will definitely replace some part of their bot lane. They are basically pulling in Chuuper who they benched because they have no other roster spots. He's pretty terrible. M eye A hasn't really been impressive at all in any of the LCS games I saw them this season either.

e: Chuuper not Brunch U, Brunch U was the one who left.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
wow gently caress astral poke were choked to death. All they got was a first blood kill and that required a jungle gank + teleport gank to work and cost them blue buff, two deaths in bot lane and dragon. Quantic is all business holy hell.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Complexity with a good ADC would be cool.

Maybe Chuuper is good, no idea, but I'm sure he's no Doublelift.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
Can't wait for NickWu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO3Vw12p_vI

So, TAP is kind of sad to watch.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I wonder if there's enough eSports money for a team to stay together if they fall out of the LCS? Could Complexity survive on TSM tourneys and IPL/IEM or whatever if they lost their place in the LCS? Or would they all just go sub for other teams and try and stay in that way?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Here's some great highlight plays of Chuuper and M eye A doing work in solo queue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itIxrgDcbUM

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Support Shen?

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I like LemonNation because he looks old and I'm a grumpy old man that hates teenagers.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
If you fall out of LCS you're probably not going to take home a lot money from other tournaments. If they can get enough viewers they could probably stay afloat but I think most viewers tend to gravitate towards succesfull players (not the only factor in terms of viewers)

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
One of the Quantic players has really really nice hair.

E: Meteos

Dyllyn fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 10, 2013

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Support Shen?

I wish. He's an underrated support. Shen/AD TF combo bot lane brings a startling amount of CC. Would kill to see that run in LCS

mull
Jun 6, 2010

We don't really go in for that any more.
I hope Jatt continues to swear :D

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

This feels like a foregone conclusion Quantic sweep.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

This feels like a foregone conclusion Quantic sweep.

Yep. Complexity and Quantic should be good.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Yeah, I'm not anticipating any miracles here.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This Korean Jayce build is going to own pretty hard in about ten minutes.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't studio coach velocity or quantic? I remember reading about something like that a while back.

Also I can't picture DoubleLift not playing for -someone-. He's easily one of the best ADC's in the NA Scene (and maybe even a contender worldwide) which is otherwise known for fairly lackluster ADC play (WildTurtle owns too now that he's meshed better with TSM overall).

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

Zoness posted:

Doesn't studio coach velocity or quantic? I remember reading about something like that a while back.

Also I can't picture DoubleLift not playing for -someone-. He's easily one of the best ADC's in the NA Scene (and maybe even a contender worldwide) which is otherwise known for fairly lackluster ADC play (WildTurtle owns too now that he's meshed better with TSM overall).

Studio coaches Velocity!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Blue Ezreal needs to die in competitive play. I don't think I've seen it win a single game.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Quantic are stomping very hard. playing so well right now.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

Blue Ezreal needs to die in competitive play. I don't think I've seen it win a single game.

GGU Used it really well against CRS and TSM? (Well sorta, TSM kind of destroyed blue ezreal G1 and I forget if they ran ez lane again for the rest of that series).

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

exethan posted:

Quantic are stomping very hard. playing so well right now.

Are any of the Ranked 5s teams considered very good? They are good players to make it up the ladder but it seems like the lack of experience really hurts them.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Now I really have to wonder if all of this happened because QTC is so good or TAP is so horrible.

GrahamBLY
Aug 3, 2006
Better Luck Yesterday
Is it true that TAP had never met before today (or whenever they flew in)? That seems crazy. They were definitely yelling at each other after game 1. Oh well, hope they see some sights and get more in their goodie bags than a pair of gunnars. QTC looks very, very tight.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Libertine posted:

Did you watch the first Quantic v TAP game?

GrahamBLY posted:

Is it true that TAP had never met before today (or whenever they flew in)? That seems crazy. They were definitely yelling at each other after game 1. Oh well, hope they see some sights and get more in their goodie bags than a pair of gunnars. QTC looks very, very tight.

Yeah not as a team. Though I think Nydus + Bobby do know each other.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Libertine posted:

Quantic won their first game using blue ezreal?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

parasyte posted:

Are any of the Ranked 5s teams considered very good? They are good players to make it up the ladder but it seems like the lack of experience really hurts them.
Quantic narrowly missed the LCS last season. They had an excellent team and just didn't perform to their ability against MRN.

semicolonsrock posted:

Did you watch the first Quantic v TAP game?

Blue Ezreal got ahead and performed extremely well.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

GrahamBLY posted:

I doubt it, but that would be hilarious and explanatory if so.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Don't you need to be 17 to compete in LCS? SneakyCastro looks 14.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

exethan posted:

Yeah, rhetorical :)

So I wish it was Quantic v MRN instead.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

exethan posted:

Quantic narrowly missed the LCS last season. They had an excellent team and just didn't perform to their ability against MRN.

What I mean is Quantic got in via tournament wins, while TAP came in by being in Challenger Ranked 5s.
Looking at the event on Leaguepedia does tell me that one of the Ranked 5s teams is rated pretty well, Azure Cats. Fidelis is a giant question mark but not favored. So to answer my own question, yes, one of the Ranked 5 teams is well-regarded but the rest are not (or are not known).

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

semicolonsrock posted:

Yeah, rhetorical :)

So I wish it was Quantic v MRN instead.

It would be the sweetest grudge match.

And here comes Studio's boys.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 10, 2013

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

exethan posted:

It only works when your team is vastly ahead though, that's the thing, the announcers have even pointed that out. When a team is winning as brutally hard as Quantic was, Ezreal could have built pretty much anything and still won. In every game where there's been a Blue Ezreal who is evenly matched or behind even barely, he has no impact on the game at all. Specifically thinking of Dignitas playoff games in the NA Tournament where Qtpie ran Blue Ezreal every game and did nothing the entire series.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

It only works when your team is vastly ahead though, that's the thing, the announcers have even pointed that out. When a team is winning as brutally hard as Quantic was, Ezreal could have built pretty much anything and still won. In every game where there's been a Blue Ezreal who is evenly matched or behind even barely, he has no impact on the game at all. Specifically thinking of Dignitas playoff games in the NA Tournament where Qtpie ran Blue Ezreal every game and did nothing the entire series.

It's more that Blue Ezreal exists to help your team with positioning and lacks the continuous damage that other ADC's can do. If you have a top lane hypercarry like Riven or Vlad Blue Ezreal works pretty well but if you're running a tanky top with less damage you can get into trouble. Also if that hypercarry falls behind it is bad.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I like Velocity's comp here. Shen is a nice TF counterpick and Zed will eat him alive if he gets TF in lane.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

I was hoping for some unconventional picks by TSB from what little I read about them, but I guess now is the time to play it safe.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
What the heck is blue ezreal? Is that the on-hit build people have been running?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
This is way more interesting. Velocity is good at objectives, but TSB are unquestionably the better teamfighters. I think TSB will still manage this, because if V can't actually perform in team fights, it'll get to the point where TSB just wins a teamfight and waltzes over to the objectives while the huge respawns tick down.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

TSB gaining a lot of early momentum against Studio's boys here. VES still have a gold advtange though. They need to stop throwing team fights though. It just doesn't seem like they do enough damage if they don't get an early pick off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I can't watch, but are they fighting with numbers disadvantage

• Locked thread