Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

foutre posted:

Cris is a loving monster

e: Seconding DolphinCop, these games are so much more interesting than most of the LCS

Watching Chris these games has been a real joy. Also, Dkbnet has been pretty on point. Exciting games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
Thresh pulls Cris in, is like, oh poo poo.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
This game is like watching a Gold 5v5 match

This Lux has totally missed his ult twice.

And TSB continues to lose teamfights over and over by splitting up their AOE comp. Why did Kennen fly through entrance bush to have his fun 3v1 while his team died?

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
That Zhonyas from Karthus was brilliant. TSB couldn't decide whether to follow in or not after that though and paid for it.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

You'd think Vile would learn to stop trying to dial a combo in on Karthus.

Edit: Didn't matter, goddamn that cooldown is still so low.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Goddamn dat lizard wizard

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Schiavona posted:

Goddamn dat lizard wizard

If Renekton isn't a game 3 ban then TSB's out of their goddamn mind.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
1-1! Studio your team has failed to embarrass themselves

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

VES takes it, going to game 3

They still didn't look GREAT but it was better that time, and they came back really well.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
Wow, thank god. Rubber match inc. Feeling better about Velocity's chances. Still not sure how they'd fare vs. MRN though.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Why in the world is Phil Spector sitting next to Meat Loaf?

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Renekton ban incoming for the next game? Cris was virtually unstoppable at the end there.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Glad there'll be a game 3, has been pretty entertaining so far.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Ehomda didn't ult, not like it would have mattered that much though, to be honest.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

semicolonsrock posted:

Wow, thank god. Rubber match inc. Feeling better about Velocity's chances. Still not sure how they'd fare vs. MRN though.

Both teams are looking a lot like MRN did during the last qualifiers. I think this match tomorrow is going to show us how much of an effect 10 weeks of LCS really has.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

The sad truth is that I feel like whoever wins here will still be crushed by MRN.

e:

Riftling posted:

Both teams are looking a lot like MRN did during the last qualifiers. I think this match tomorrow is going to show us how much of an effect 10 weeks of LCS really has.
Couldn't have said it better. I think MRN's improved by a whole lot, but I guess we're about to find out!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

\FrankerZ/ = GoVelocity Go (no space)

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

TheModernAmerican posted:

This game is like watching a Gold 5v5 match

This Lux has totally missed his ult twice.

And TSB continues to lose teamfights over and over by splitting up their AOE comp. Why did Kennen fly through entrance bush to have his fun 3v1 while his team died?

I think Renekton and Lux really won that game though. With the dancing over siege TSB hesitated too much and just got poked by Lux over and over. They won a couple dragons and most of their towers that way. I was wrong about that Lux pick Vilerose did a much better job than on Zed he should pick her again.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
That fed renekton certainly did clean up!

I dont know why Karthus didn't build a void staff with all the MR! Who knows.

I'm liking how TSB is playing, they seem like they'd be an entertaining team to be in the LCS. Initially I was rooting velocity but I dunno now!

Edit: is Velocity's logo a top-down shot of a flying bird, or a weird hooded figure with claws like Khazix? Discuss.
Double Edit: Dyrus getting in on the puns "I think he liked haunting girls more"

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 10, 2013

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Also I disagree with whoever said Velocity's logo looks bad. I love it.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Riftling posted:

Also I disagree with whoever said Velocity's logo looks bad. I love it.

Yeah, it's pretty solid

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Miftan posted:

The sad truth is that I feel like whoever wins here will still be crushed by MRN.

e:

Couldn't have said it better. I think MRN's improved by a whole lot, but I guess we're about to find out!

Just sucks that the tournament scene has devolved to LCS and nothing. Gives these teams so much less of a chance to practice and improve.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
So I hope they have a plan for Renekton then...

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So they didn't ban out Cris's Renekton and let him have it again...

...okay

I guess they're hoping he doesn't get fed early this time?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

"It's a good thing Velocity has a drill sergeant". Studio shoutout on stream by the casters. :neckbeard:

e: Bash Bros ride again. Let's do this thing :black101:

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

semicolonsrock posted:

Just sucks that the tournament scene has devolved to LCS and nothing. Gives these teams so much less of a chance to practice and improve.

I guarantee you that we'll see amateur scene support from Riot after WCS3.

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

Velocity should spend less money on ridiculous wigs for their players.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Riftling posted:

I guarantee you that we'll see amateur scene support from Riot after WCS3.

Don't they already get involved and hand out prizes for even small scale tournaments?

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Miftan posted:

Don't they already get involved and hand out prizes for even small scale tournaments?

Yeah, but that's not enough now. We're going to see an amateur league come out from them.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Riftling posted:

Yeah, but that's not enough now. We're going to see an amateur league come out from them.

In addition to the Ranked 5s? Is this a confirmed thing or are we throwing out speculation?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Riftling posted:

I think some Rioters have said on reddit posts that they're going to add more regular tournaments into the scene, at the least. Not sure though exactly what and when.

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

So why does the jungler + bot lane do golems before red when nobody's taking wraiths? Does it give more gold + xp?

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Miftan posted:

In addition to the Ranked 5s? Is this a confirmed thing or are we throwing out speculation?

We've been tossed tidbits of info, but this is mostly conjecture based on Riot's performance in the past and how they've been ramping up recruiting for their eSports division. I'm guessing they wanted to start small with just the LCS in the first year (a smart move), and they may have expected the pre-existing tournaments to pick up the amateur league slack in the meantime. With IPL dissolving that's not really an option any more, and the scene -needs- amateur league support to flourish.

Edit: Holy poo poo EHomda. He waited on using his Shock Blast until Lux's shields JUST ran out. Great play.

Zagposting fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 10, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

GEExCEE posted:

So why does the jungler + bot lane do golems before red when nobody's taking wraiths? Does it give more gold + xp?

Double golems gives the most exp out of all the camps and is the last one hit by the jungler usually which means least net loss and most gain for time investment. Also it's in probably the safest place out of all the camps.

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

Why do I feel like this game should just have yakkity sax playing on repeat in the background?

e; ^that's what I figured, thanks.

e2; They should have banned Renekton.

GEExCEE fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 10, 2013

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

TSB out picked twice, and its their own drat fault.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Vilerozes hair makes me feel uncomfortable

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

I like EHomda's Jayce, but I don't think he really fits in their team comp. He can poke out well, but there's no other poke on the team and VEL can just instagib him with the build he has.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
Oh look, Renek's eating them. If only there was some way to predict this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Why do teams let their opponents get the Nasus/Renekton combo through? It just seems so hard to fight against.

• Locked thread