Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jay Briscoe threatened to shoot me, which is totally uncool.

He can say and think whatever he wants, that's within his right. However to do things in public area is to invite a reaction.

I get real nervous when people are forced into deleting their twitter accounts but his speech was provocative and had ramifications beyond his own mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

what the hell is this thread

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
I'm going to quickly change the subject by implying that Hulk Hogan is a fan of paedophiles

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Briscoe was forced to do nothing. By all means he could have stood by his words and refused to apologize, and by all means he could have been fired for doing so. He decided making money was more important than standing by his lovely opinion. No one forced him to do anything.

I can't tell if Big E Langston is really into My Little Pony or if he's just kidding, hoping it's the latter.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

He got the custom thing at Wrestlemania and he's just rolling with it I think.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Bocc Kob posted:

Demanding people put up a shallow facade because someone can't handle words is the exact opposite of being open-minded and accepting and only encourages the mindset it's supposedly combating.

Jack Evans in his prime couldn't pull off the gymnastics you're doing right now.

Also Hulk Hogan is not very good at not walking into traps. He just retweeted this:

quote:

@HulkHogan Just saw your version of Leader of the Gang. Awesome. Any chance of a RT for a fellow Gary Glitter fan?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Does Hogan still sign his tweets?

I don't know why I'd compare him to Bruno but I loved how Bruno completely grasped the idea of twitter in a day and Hogan still doesn't seem to understand anything.

Bruno hasn't tweeted since April :(

dan??????

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

HulkaMatt posted:

Does Hogan still sign his tweets?

Every time Hulk signed his tweets I couldn't help reading it as "Heil Hitler" which made several of them hilarious

Whatever happened to Jack Evans anyway?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Seeing as everyone completely ignored the fact that I posted that Hulk Hogan RT two posts earlier :( I'll try again with someone slightly more talented

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Every time Hulk signed his tweets I couldn't help reading it as "Heil Hitler" which made several of them hilarious

Whatever happened to Jack Evans anyway?

He developed an annoying habit of of not showing up to ROH and PWG shows he was booked on after he got his AAA gig.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Kobald posted:

The Bled Island Senate passed a bill yesterday that allows cross species to be married. If that makes you happy then congratulations!!!!!

..try and teach your kids that there's something wrong with that & I'll freaking spear you

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kobold's never gonna get married. :smith:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

One of these days, an entire arena crowd is going to thank this man on live television.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

KungFu Grip posted:

There is a difference between publicly saying "i'll shoot all gays and anyone else who tries to tell me those gays are people too." and whatever ridiculous redneck stuff you think he normally says.

His twitter account was also linked with his ROH roster profile page. They have an immediate responsibility because they were also inadvertently promoting that message. The only way the "he was off the job" defense would be valid is if he had a personal account and a "working" account.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182774_4925380652583_888527124_n.jpg

Edit: I'm late to the party, we can move back away from this topic if needed. Move along, nothing to see here.. hmmm

RudoReels fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 11, 2013

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Sonebody just asked HHH to explain this photo

quote:

Sid vs @ShawnMichaels break dance fighting.
HBK =36 spins
Sid. = 0

apsouthern fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 11, 2013

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.
So... apparently this happened on Impact...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

UndergroundHero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flx9jXo2Ock

:50 in

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

UndergroundHero posted:

Oh Austin, you dick.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3uZoUk5ag

Jay Briscoe's apology.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Protect them from what Jay? Other then that it is pretty good and I respect him for doing it, unless it was forced.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Protect them from what Jay?

Ideas he doesn't agree with, probably.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Why wouldn't the Aries thing have been edited out if it wasn't a work?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Wojtek posted:

Why wouldn't the Aries thing have been edited out if it wasn't a work?

It's live.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sort of live, but it's not immediately noticeable and TNA is such a mess where the production people can't edit out anything successfully even when they know it's a gently caress up.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I was right by the entrance and Jay was pretty emotional when he was walking back to the back after the speech.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Personally I can't wait for the self righteous internet justice squad to start saying that he didn't mean it, he was forced, it's bullshit etc etc and attempt to never let him live it down because this is America and you should be shamed for stupid stuff you say or do for the rest of your life, even if you apologize.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Personally I can't wait for the self righteous internet justice squad to start saying that he didn't mean it, he was forced, it's bullshit etc etc and attempt to never let him live it down because this is America and you should be shamed for stupid stuff you say or do for the rest of your life, even if you apologize.

Yeah no, I know at least I personally feel like that was a genuine apology. Other than the "protect" comment which was a little :raise: it was pretty much as good as it could've been and I hope he genuinely thinks to himself that what he said was terrible and that he should open his mind a little, and until I see evidence to the contrary of this, I'll give Jay the benefit of the doubt.

Granted, I'm not gay, so...:shobon:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
It started shaky and the line about playing characters was probably a bad thing to say, but those last words are what really hit hard, about how they teach you to love thy neighbor in his house.

Honestly, I believe he legitimately has a problem with homosexuality and meant he wanted to protect his kids from it, but I also believe that he realizes how stupid his words were and how they make him seem like an undesirable person. Ultimately, it's not like he's running for public office or anything - what goes on in his head and how he runs his household isn't a prolonged concern of mine now that he's admitted his mistake, shown remorse and apologized for it. And as long as he shows tolerance and respect on the matter going forward, well, that's all you can really ask of somebody.

Also I heard there were some signs like "Marry Me Jay" and "Shoot Me" at the show, and that they threw rainbow colored streamers at him. Obviously meant to be more light-hearted than antagonistic, so if everybody, including Jay, can take it in stride like that to move on, that's great.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah no, I know at least I personally feel like that was a genuine apology. Other than the "protect" comment which was a little :raise: it was pretty much as good as it could've been and I hope he genuinely thinks to himself that what he said was terrible and that he should open his mind a little, and until I see evidence to the contrary of this, I'll give Jay the benefit of the doubt.

Granted, I'm not gay, so...:shobon:

If you look at the comments on the video it has already started.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
^^ Never read comments

Happy Mothers Day

Dolph Ziggler posted:

what happens in vegas, doesnt ALWAYS stay in vegas right mom??? love, your fav li'l mistake #MothersDay

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

OmegaBR posted:

Also I heard there were some signs like "Marry Me Jay" and "Shoot Me" at the show, and that they threw rainbow colored streamers at him. Obviously meant to be more light-hearted than antagonistic, so if everybody, including Jay, can take it in stride like that to move on, that's great.

It was very obviously meant to be antagonistic. Maybe not necessarily toward, Jay, but they were definitely trying to troll the average ROH fan.

I don't think the group even showed up until shortly before the main.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

sportsgenius86 posted:

It was very obviously meant to be antagonistic. Maybe not necessarily toward, Jay, but they were definitely trying to troll the average ROH fan.

I don't think the group even showed up until shortly before the main.

Ah I assumed it was just ROH fans taking the piss, but I'll take your word for it. What is it lately with people at wrestling shows who don't seem to be actual fans rather than obnoxious look-at-me stanleys?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

OmegaBR posted:

Ah I assumed it was just ROH fans taking the piss, but I'll take your word for it. What is it lately with people at wrestling shows who don't seem to be actual fans rather than obnoxious look-at-me stanleys?

They definitely followed wrestling in some form but they had no intention other than to stir poo poo up.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

bobkatt013 posted:

^^ Never read comments

Happy Mothers Day

Big E's is pretty awesome too

Big E Langston posted:

Happy Mother's Day, @WWEAJLee! Thanks for always keeping me on the straight & narrow.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So can I still call Austin Aries a piece of poo poo? Because that sure doesn't help his case.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Aries is a shithead but I'd say this is definitely him heeling and not #assquestions shitheeling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

Aries is a shithead but I'd say this is definitely him heeling and not #assquestions shitheeling.

Generally you shouldn't heel in public about a woman who you sexually harassed and has complained about it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The more recent of the 2 is probably closest to Aries' true self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
I would say that Aries is being a great heel here, except that whereas a great heel makes you want to watch their matches and see them get their comeuppance one day, I just want Aries to do something really dumb and end up getting fired.