Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Watching the news right now at lunch all I can think of is that really old but lovely song parody Richard Christy made from a series of OJ Simpson's grunts and giggles.

edit: eeh, eeh, e-eeh, uh, uh-uh, ???, ???.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

haljordan posted:

drat. Dude's dropping $50 million on a house in a place he didn't want to live.

That's okay, Beth will certainly get it in the divorce.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, Beth was probably scoping out Palm Beach mansions due to sales of Oh My Dog!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Residuals from that new TV show about pets are probably starting to roll in, too. And that "cribs for moms" show with that dude she was definitely not sleeping with.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Brocktoon posted:

FIFTY MILLION DOLLAR GRAAAAAAAAAAND!

The best part of that day was when Howard says "J.D Harmeyer has to live in an abandoned Mole Hill" and Artie shouts "LES MISERABLES!"

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Awesome clips "Mocking Fabulous Life":

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3 Bonus with ETM

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Although there was that one time Artie was telling some story about hanging in the Hamptons with Howard and he started to mention something about a helicopter pad near Howard's house and Howard immediately cut him off and even tried to dump out the audio. So obviously, he really doesn't like people knowing much about just how rich he is.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

haljordan posted:

Although there was that one time Artie was telling some story about hanging in the Hamptons with Howard and he started to mention something about a helicopter pad near Howard's house and Howard immediately cut him off and even tried to dump out the audio. So obviously, he really doesn't like people knowing much about just how rich he is.

Or when Howard had a lot of the staff over and was trying to make it sound like he doesn't have a bowling alley in his house.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Does he literally have a bowling alley in his house? I can't even imagine Howard having something so fundamentally social in his house since he only has one friend, which is also his employee (and a berry faced fag)

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Howard is a less interesting Howard Hughes

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The best part of that day was when Howard says "J.D Harmeyer has to live in an abandoned Mole Hill" and Artie shouts "LES MISERABLES!"
NICHOLAS NICKLEBY

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

haljordan posted:

He seemed to step on Rob Zombie a little when he discussed "going through the line" to get food at Howard's place. It also used to crack me up that Howard was pretending during his "BBQ" phase that he would actually prepare meals for guests. This man has an army of servants.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
No wonder why Jackie was bitter, he used to serve trash cans full of shrimp to guests.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Awww...ETM protected all his tweets :-/

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
It's slipped several times that anytime he even has a single guest he has catering. I know I've heard Jimmy, Artie and Ralph all mention catering even if it was just them staying at Howard's.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Dear God, every time Artie does s phone interview all I can hear is his loud wheezing under the person talking. So creepy.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Haven't been listening to the show over the past few months after listening consistently for years. Browsing over the last few pages of the thread makes me feel totally okay with that.

This show is pretty loving lame compared to what it used to be, even after Artie left.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

an adult beverage posted:

It's slipped several times that anytime he even has a single guest he has catering. I know I've heard Jimmy, Artie and Ralph all mention catering even if it was just them staying at Howard's.

He has a live-in chef. I remember a news story about it because the chef had to break up with his celebrity girlfriend (Kim Cattrall, maybe?) when she moved to Europe.

How Howard refers to his live-in chef: "someone who helps out around the house". :jerkbag:

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

prefect posted:

He has a live-in chef. I remember a news story about it because the chef had to break up with his celebrity girlfriend (Kim Cattrall, maybe?) when she moved to Europe.

How Howard refers to his live-in chef: "someone who helps out around the house". :jerkbag:
Do you think Beth even made an attempt to pretend that she could handle the daily cooking, or was it just a forgone conclusion that she couldn't?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

GenoCanSing posted:

Awww...ETM protected all his tweets :-/

Nah, he just blocked you.

quote:

@Heheh222 GO gently caress YOURSELF AND GO TO HELL YOU PATHETIC DUMB gently caress. I AM AN ACTOR, AND I AM NOT loving UNGRATEFUL YOU loving DIP poo poo.

:allears:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

prefect posted:

Sidebar: this makes it all more ludicrous that Sal thought he was just going to come over and hang out.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
The Benjy Vortex was on point with Rob Corddry yesterday. Benjy got extremely defensive when Rob brought up the whole "coming in late doesn't work in the professional world". The only responses Benjy could come up with was how boring Rob was, or he was a terrible human being.
It was the first time in a couple months where I wished someone would drop the headset and beat the poo poo out of Benjy.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

MoreMetalBrian posted:

The Benjy Vortex was on point with Rob Corddry yesterday. Benjy got extremely defensive when Rob brought up the whole "coming in late doesn't work in the professional world". The only responses Benjy could come up with was how boring Rob was, or he was a terrible human being.
It was the first time in a couple months where I wished someone would drop the headset and beat the poo poo out of Benjy.

Are they on air again next week? Because that whole bit reeked of the same "quick, someone stir up some fake drama so the news has something to talk about" poo poo that they did with Natalie Maines and Gary a few weeks ago.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Vakal posted:

Are they on air again next week? Because that whole bit reeked of the same "quick, someone stir up some fake drama so the news has something to talk about" poo poo that they did with Natalie Maines and Gary a few weeks ago.

Pretty sure the Natalie stuff is genuine. She's a real big fan that has a lot of opinions about the show and has the balls to call people out, including Howard.

Natalie rules.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

musclecoder posted:

Someone come up with Artie impersonating the "lives of rich people" guy for this: http://gossipextra.com/2013/05/14/howard-stern-moving-palm-beach-real-estate-2580/

There is a fundamental lack of chimneys in the new place. Hampton Howie will be displeased.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The last thing I care about is how Howard spends his money. He earned every dime outright and it's laughable to think he'd still be living in a crummy apartment somewhere. It's only embarrassing to see him try and keep up this common man persona.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Some more details on Howard the cyber bullying victim: http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/howard-stern-twitter-bullying/

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Noooo they name one of my favorite YouTube channels, I hope it doesn't get shut down now. Also, isn't this the same Howard who wished cancer and AIDS upon his competitors? Or was that somehow justified?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

haljordan posted:

Noooo they name one of my favorite YouTube channels
Ha ha that's the guy where the super bitter uploader tries to turn every name/topic into a wig pun.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Manifest posted:

Ha ha that's the guy where the super bitter uploader tries to turn every name/topic into a wig pun.

Yeah he really went all in on the whole wig thing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

I bet it's the wig puns that Howard thinks constitute "cyber-bullying".

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I've always been a casual Stern listener, but recently I've been listening to a lot more, particularly Richard Christy bits since I find him hilarious and fascinating. I came across a gigantic, several-hour collection of his stuff from the FM days, but it ends when they get to satellite. Can anyone recommend some of the best Richard stuff from the sirius years to seek out?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

haljordan posted:

The last thing I care about is how Howard spends his money. He earned every dime outright and it's laughable to think he'd still be living in a crummy apartment somewhere. It's only embarrassing to see him try and keep up this common man persona.

Right, it's the painfully thin pretenses are offensive. Just be honest about your life dude, you certainly earned it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I remember one discussion/argument where Artie described himself as essentially a blue-collar guy and Howard angrily countered with "I'm blue-collar!" I almost fell out of my chair.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

prefect posted:

I bet it's the wig puns that Howard thinks constitute "cyber-bullying".

He seems to be mainly pissed about people ripping on his daughters, but it's not like they're hacking into computers or voicemails or anything. She has a friggin' CD on Amazon for Christ's sake. And maybe figure out how to work your Facebook privacy controls better so strangers can't see your photos.

Also $500 says that the "guy now who’s finding out the real names and the occupations of what the people do who bully me" is Jeff Schick.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 16, 2013

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
"Jenny McCarthy sucks up to Wigward on WIG-E TV"

I'M BEING CYBER BULLIED

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Manifest posted:

"Jenny McCarthy sucks up to Wigward on WIG-E TV"

I'M BEING CYBER BULLIED

Howard 100 News-flash.

Turnabout is not fair play!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

haljordan posted:

Also $500 says that the "guy now who’s finding out the real names and the occupations of what the people do who bully me" is Jeff Schick.

I wouldn't be surprised if he hired a real PI.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

Nah, he just blocked you.

:allears:

I am not on twitter, I was just going to his page and saw it was blocked publicly.

Its back! https://twitter.com/EricTheActor11

Wow, he is just an anger mac-hine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I can get lost in here all day.