Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sjurygg posted:

OK everybody make this ASAP (don't skimp on the walnuts) this is some GOOD poo poo

http://turmericsaffron.blogspot.no/2010/06/eggpalnt-kookoo-kookoo-bademjan.html

Sir yes sir! That looks absolutely delicious. It is also full of flavours that main wife absolutely loves. She has developed an unfortunate reaction to wheat (she gets very bloated - I always poopooed people like that but it is hard to avoid noticing the effect). What do you think you could use instead of flour in this recipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Two tablespoons is just a starchy binder, I think you could use any nonwheat flour or starch. Amaranth, cornstarch, potato flakes, whatever.

Don't forget that you are missing the whole point of a dish like this if you don't serve it with yogurt and torshi. E: and good flat bread.
http://www.sadaf.com/sadaf-haft-e-bijar-torshi-18-3022/

pr0k fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 14, 2013

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

Gordon Ramsay sucks. Like none of the restaurants he goes in to "help" stay running long after Kitchen Nightmares comes in, and his advice is way more insulting than constructive so people will spite Gordon (And as a result themselves and their restaurant/livelihood) by not doing it. I love trainwreck television as much as anyone else but it's really difficult to watch Kitchen Nightmares because Robert Irvine is doing basically the same thing on Restaurant:Impossible and actually helping people out with their struggling businesses. He's still a relatively verbally abusive hardass, but way more of the restaurants he works with actually stay open and flourish compared to Kitchen Nightmares.

edit: I like Gordon Ramsay's instructional cooking show.

Clavietika fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 14, 2013

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Clavietika posted:

Gordon Ramsay sucks. Like none of the restaurants he goes in to "help" stay running long after Kitchen Nightmares comes in, and his advice is way more insulting than constructive so people will spite Gordon (And as a result themselves and their restaurant/livelihood) by not doing it. I love trainwreck television as much as anyone else but it's really difficult to watch Kitchen Nightmares because Robert Irvine is doing basically the same thing on Restaurant:Impossible and actually helping people out with their struggling businesses. He's still a relatively verbally abusive hardass, but way more of the restaurants he works with actually stay open and flourish compared to Kitchen Nightmares.

edit: I like Gordon Ramsay's instructional cooking show.

tbf, KN and other Ramsay shows in America are just caricatures of his personality from the worst examples of it on BBC. He is really awesome on the BBC version of KN, as well as all of his other shows over there. I really really enjoyed Gordon's Great Escape.

Also TBF, most of the restaurants he goes the "help" are already DOA. Most are six to seven figures in the hole with managerial issues or a lovely chef or something else. If he was to tell them all the truth, that they should have quit 6 months ago, that wouldn't make for good television.

GrAviTy84 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 14, 2013

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

pr0k posted:

We do have some decent kebab in the states, at least in the DC area. Not nearly enough though.

Name names please.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco/posts/10151534574027900

Amy's Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro posted:

Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with the local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post those horrible things. Thank You Amy &Samy

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha...

aaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

She must've had an actress playing her in 2010.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

GrAviTy84 posted:

https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco/posts/10151534574027900

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha...

aaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

Ahahaha yes, you got hacked. It most definitely wasn't either you or your insane husband losing your respective poo poo.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

I really do love me some internet meltdowns. :allears:

http://www.plainsite.org/flashlight/case.html?id=20189

tl;dr

quote:

8 counts of bank fraud
[...]
Committed to BOP for FOURTEEN (14) MOS, with credit for time served; followed by supervised release for THIRTY SIX (36) MOS; S/A: $100.00; RESTITUTION: $36,294.95;

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Holy loving poo poo. Just got around to watching that episode of Kitchen Nightmares and it is just astounding. That woman is so unbelievably neurotic - when she just goes off on a tirade against "online bullies" moments after Ramsay even meets her, and he gets sort of a "what the gently caress?" look on his face...priceless.

I also love how the husband actually threatens Ramsay and says something like "I'm the real gangster" as if he'd have any chance against someone 20 years younger who appears to be quite fit.

Then again, if he really is a gangster, who knows if he has a gun hidden under the counter and that's why he wouldn't let anyone else use the POS system so they wouldn't find it.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:allears: this is fantastic

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Hey, remember that time when I set the inside of a sweet potato on fire? Yeah, I do too. It was just 5 minutes ago :staredog:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Obviously my dick and gently caress finger have been hacked. We are working with local authorities as well as the NIH infectious disease unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not gently caress pr0k's Mom. Thank You SubG.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Doh004 posted:

Hey, remember that time when I set the inside of a sweet potato on fire? Yeah, I do too. It was just 5 minutes ago :staredog:

Uhh how? Did you take a picture or video?

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

PokeJoe posted:

Uhh how? Did you take a picture or video?

Got home late from work. I had leftover Indian food that I wanted to reheat, but there wasn't enough to fill me up so I halved one of my sweet potatoes, wrapped it in a damp paper towel and threw it in the microwave (no time to roast it). For some reason unbeknownst to me, I put it in for 10 loving minutes.

It's wet because as I opened up the microwave after the full 10 minutes, smoke was billowing from the inside. I then cut it open to find on fire sweet potato. I then proceeded to scream in a high pitched voice and throw it into my sink.

Doh004 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 15, 2013

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.
That KN episode is amazing. It up to 90,000 views so far, and it was uploaded only 7 days ago. Remember how for every one customer who talks to his/her friends about their awesome meal there are 10 that go ranting on about how lovely their meal was. Yeah, that's this cranked up. I almost feel bad for the owners (not really, gently caress you for keeping your staffs tips). Not a big fan of Ramsay these day but seems they were at the right place (crazytown!) at the right time.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Doh004 posted:

Got home late from work. I had leftover Indian food that I wanted to reheat, but there wasn't enough to fill me up so I halved one of my sweet potatoes, wrapped it in a damp paper towel and threw it in the microwave (no time to roast it). For some reason unbeknownst to me, I put it in for 10 loving minutes.

It's wet because as I opened up the microwave after the full 10 minutes, smoke was billowing from the inside. I then cut it open to find on fire sweet potato. I then proceeded to scream in a high pitched voice and throw it into my sink.

Further proof that everyone should just get rid of their microwave altogether, or at least promise to only use it on super low power to soften butter in a hurry for baking.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Doh004 posted:

Well, was it good or what?

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Down With People posted:

Well, was it good or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5deItDV0k8&t=10s

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Clavietika posted:

Gordon Ramsay sucks.

Watch the first three seasons or so of "The 'F' Word" and revisit your opinion. You may come to find that it will have changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTzyR8vOOA4

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

I don't mind what I've seen of the 'F' word at all, it seems like a less volatile and competitive version of Hell's Kitchen in a lot of ways. I should clarify, it's only really Kitchen Nightmares (And more specifically the American version) because his producers/whoever applies for the show are already in the worst, most volatile place they can be and all he does is goes into their restaurant and stirs up more drama by calling them on all their failures, for....? If he knows they're doomed, the only reason I can think of the show existing is for entertainment purposes and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. At the very least they should put it on TLC or something where it belongs and leave room for people actually helping people with their businesses like Robert Irvine. Restaurant:Impossible may not have as much action or drama as GORDON loving RAMSAY but he gets results, doesn't flinch at peoples' bullshit (He'll shitcan servers on the spot if they don't learn the menu when they're asked) and the only reason he's still on Food Network is because people like him so much.

edit: Here's a blog post that quotes Food Network's response to when they hired him back, it seems the article I posted only talks about when he got fired: http://foodnetworkaddict.blogspot.ca/2008/11/robert-irvine-coming-back-to-dinner.html

Hilariously though now Gawker's picked up on the drama: http://gawker.com/nightmare-restaurateurs-who-scared-chef-ramsay-flip-out-505815263

Clavietika fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 15, 2013

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
I checked out their yelp page and my favorite part was under the 'tips' section:

Yelp, Rob C. 5/15/2013 posted:

I wanted to add this tip, but I think Samy pocketed it.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

BOOOOO. they've deleted all the fb meltdown drama. Anyone have it cached that can take some screen caps for posterity?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/kitchen-nightmare-comes-true-for-arizona-restaurant-owners-182329445.html Enjoy.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

GrAviTy84 posted:

BOOOOO. they've deleted all the fb meltdown drama. Anyone have it cached that can take some screen caps for posterity?

This has most of the juicy stuff. https://img.lostsig.net/list.php?dir=amy

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was reading through this thread last night and decided to watch the show and it was just hilariously awful. Amy lost it the second anyone dared to say anything to her, it didn't matter if it was neutral or negative.

However, I was wondering the whole time how in the hell she was able to make all those great looking deserts AND all the food in the kitchen. After all, if she's only able to work on one ticket at a time (what the hell is that all about?) then how in the hell is she going to be able to make all those cakes and stuff? And I was wondering why Ramsey wasn't trying to push them away from doing actual food and just being a little desert shop instead. It made so much more sense when I found out today reading the comments, that she buys the deserts elsewhere and then puts it out.

That lady is a complete fraud and I really hope that her little business goes under because of this fiasco.

Also, Ramsey is a class act and I really liked it when as he was walking out after eating and directly handed the waitress a tip and made sure to tell her it was just for her. The venomous look that Samy gave them was priceless.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco/posts/10151538903477900

quote:

Other Side of Amy’s Baking Company Controversy in Scottsdale To Soon Be Told

SCOTTSDALE, AZ. MAY 15, 2013 -- Amy’s Baking Company will host a Grand Re-Opening on Tuesday night, May 21, following unflattering portrayals on national television.

Customers will be able to decide who is correct: a famous celebrity chef or the marketplace that has supported the small, locally-owned business for six years.

When re-opened, a portion of proceeds will benefit a charity organized to bring awareness to cyber bullying.

Seating is limited. Reservations may be made by emailing sjones@rosemoserallynpr.com.

Diners will also have the opportunity to meet, and judge for themselves the character of owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, who have devoted their lives to and earn their living from their small restaurant. The Bouzaglos have been married for 10 years, after Sammy emigrated from Israel.

The owners will likely be holding a press conference before the Grand Re-Opening and answer falsehoods depicted on a reality television show, including assertions that the restaurant confiscates tips from servers.

In fact, wait staff is paid $8-$14 per hour, two and half to nearly five times the standard hourly wage for servers.

questions will also be answered about what happened to their Facebook page.

Amy’s Baking Company was recently featured on the hit PBS show “Check Please” and has received A+ reports from CBS 5 for kitchen preparedness.

“We are very upset by what has taken place, apologize about the acrimony that has ensued but now must fight back to save our business. We hope and believe much good can result from what has transpired. We ask the public to keep an open mind as we begin to tell our side of the story,” Samy Bouzaglo said.

For more details, please contact Michael Saucier.

-30-

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Isn't it illegal for them to keep tips? I remember seeing in some thread people saying that it was illegal to make servers tip out the kitchen.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Other Side of Amy’s Baking Company Controversy in Scottsdale To Soon Be Told

I hope people take video of whatever trolling and craziness is bound to happen

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

dalstrs posted:

Isn't it illegal for them to keep tips? I remember seeing in some thread people saying that it was illegal to make servers tip out the kitchen.

I am sort of curious about this too. I was really surprised when someone said that in the industry thread.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
It's illegal to tip out the kitchen, unless it's california, or unless you don't pay your servers as tipped employees. Even then, tghe law isn't exactly specific, last I checked. Also, you are required by law to tip out any cook who provides direct guest interaction, such as tableside service.

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.
My second cheddar was passed around to rave reviews around work. Creamier consistency, a little milder, but a lot better in almost every respect. The lower caving temperature helped a shitload. Now that I have an external thermostat, I should be able to park every cheese I make at a sweet spot.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Sounds like they hired a PR person

quote:

“We are very upset by what has taken place, apologize about the acrimony that has ensued but now must fight back to save our business. We hope and believe much good can result from what has transpired. We ask the public to keep an open mind as we begin to tell our side of the story,” Samy Bouzaglo said.

:rolleyes: After watching footage of Samy, I'm pretty sure words like "acrimony" and "transpired" are without his vocabulary.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is anyone else amused that the contact name is Michael Saucier?

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Facebook posted:

The owners will likely be holding a press conference before the Grand Re-Opening and answer falsehoods depicted on a reality television show, including assertions that the restaurant confiscates tips from servers.

In fact, wait staff is paid $8-$14 per hour, two and half to nearly five times the standard hourly wage for servers.
"Yes, we confiscate tips, and this is how we justify it." (Put a sign on your door saying tips go to the restaurant and the waitstaff is paid a "fair wage" and then see how many tips you get, assholes.)

And Grav, yeah, the e-mail address for reservations belongs to a PR firm.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

quote:

Right, the "falsehood" "depicted" straight from Samy's mouth, when he confirmed on-camera that he keeps all the tips. Who the gently caress are they kidding?

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

TMMadman posted:

That lady is a complete fraud and I really hope that her little business goes under because of this fiasco.
I've read a couple of theories that ABC is just a money-laundering front. They can't possibly support a business by cooking one order at a time, to say nothing of their sterling personalities. Samy won't let anyone else use the POS system - it may be due to his inflated sense of personal competence, or it may be because if anyone else gets in there, they'll see all the fraudulent orders he inputs to justify whatever "income" he's funneling through the restaurant. Dirty money goes in through fake checks, restaurant appears to take losses (that they don't care about because that money was dirty), clean money comes out. Plus his batshit crazy wife has something to do besides buy more lovely dogs to treat like human children.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

bartolimu posted:

I've read a couple of theories that ABC is just a money-laundering front. They can't possibly support a business by cooking one order at a time, to say nothing of their sterling personalities. Samy won't let anyone else use the POS system - it may be due to his inflated sense of personal competence, or it may be because if anyone else gets in there, they'll see all the fraudulent orders he inputs to justify whatever "income" he's funneling through the restaurant. Dirty money goes in through fake checks, restaurant appears to take losses (that they don't care about because that money was dirty), clean money comes out. Plus his batshit crazy wife has something to do besides buy more lovely dogs to treat like human children.

Why the hell would a money laundering front choose to go on Kitchen Nightmares?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Doh004 posted:

Why the hell would a money laundering front choose to go on Kitchen Nightmares?

Yeah, exactly.

Although there is decent Thai place near my house that I swear must be a ML front, because there are never any customers in there. Great food, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
It's like these two were bred in a vat for reality TV.

http://laist.com/2013/05/15/video_amys_baking_company_owners_ex.php

The story is dumb so don't bother reading, scroll down for the glorious video of a local news crew getting flipped out on by Amy, who then flips out on Sami as he proceeds to talkandtalkandtalk while Amy shrieks in the background. "Don't talk to them, they're just haters!" "You're not allowed to film me, I don't consent to your filming me!" and the absolute best, "Sami, you're making us look bad!"

Please give them their own series, with the caveat that they're not allowed to hire anyone else. Just Amy fumbling around in that tiny kitchen simultaneously burning and undercooking pizzas and flipping her loving poo poo while Sami struggles with the front of the house, the POS system, and his bifocals as he barks "gently caress YOU, MISTER FUCKYOU!" at people who expect things like edible food inside of an hour.

:suspense: