Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Atmus posted:

That's the actual dialogue? It reads like some kind of SJW Tumblr parody edit. The message is good and all, but holy poo poo that execution :psyduck:

Wizard is supposed to be a buffoon though?
Also this panel gets people mad elsewhere, so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

fatherboxx posted:

Wizard is supposed to be a buffoon though?

Well, that actually fixes it then.

Also, that robot thing with the blaster arms that dudes seem to be riding on is awesome.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Judge Dredd, Cursed Earth Saga

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Hippies :argh:

Wonder Woman #174

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

drat hippies, with their easy access to industrial wielding.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"We're tripping way out!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
drat, forget losing her strength, you'd think Wonder Woman would be more concerned with the molten metal on her wrists with the welding.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cabbit posted:

drat hippies, with their easy access to industrial wielding.

You joke, but someone's gotta repair those VW buses.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Lurdiak posted:

This might be more sad than funny.

Source: Tumblr.

What's truly upsetting is that Pepperann's expectations are exactly what reality is :(

e: ugh I can't get over how upset this is making me

Sockser fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 16, 2013

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

DisMafugga posted:

Wonder Woman #174

I like how the artist didn't even bother to draw how Wonder Woman didn't commit suicide after leaping headfirst out of a plane.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Sockser posted:

What's truly upsetting is that Pepperann's expectations are exactly what reality is :(

Find and go to a better comic book shop. Atomic Empire is my local shop and is staffed by about 60% women.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

http://skottieyoung.com/post/50583208449/infinity-1-variant-cover?utm_source=feedly

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Sockser posted:

Ah, I was trying to remember what the name of that girl/series was! Also, I think the original source was the old Disney Adventures magazine. Loved that magazine as a kid.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

TheCIASentMe posted:

Find and go to a better comic book shop. Atomic Empire is my local shop and is staffed by about 60% women.

I'm a dude, but I'm a software dev and being a feminist and the amount of women in my field and what bars entry to STEM fields for women and blablablabla

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sockser posted:

What really surprised me was the date on the page.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

15 years and it's only gotten worse, if anything

But enough of that derail, whatever, funny panels

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

These covers including the stuff by Ghiro (spelling?) like the Power Pack and AvX covers are the best things ever. I'd rather read those books/events.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Hey, why not do it in fantastic video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OlAXF3_KG0

(Goddamn I miss Brave and the Bold)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A-Babies vs X-Babies was a better book than the entirety of AvX.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

lifg posted:

Judge Dredd, Cursed Earth Saga

And the later stuff concerning Tweak goes straight into 'Touching'. And a significant part of the last parts of the Cursed Earth Saga go alternately into 'Badass' and 'Touching' with a little 'Funny'. The whole thing is a REALLY good book.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I'm not rehosting the entire thing but Ben Jones' story from Treehouse of Horrors #15 a few years back is online.

It's a lot of this.

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

A-Babies vs X-Babies was a better book than the entirety of AvX.

You're reading it wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DisMafugga posted:

Wonder Woman #174

Wonder Woman, I can't help but feel that loudly announcing the one way to guarantee your defeat is not the best tactic, really :crossarms:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 16, 2013

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

TwoPair posted:

Hey, why not do it in fantastic video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OlAXF3_KG0

(Goddamn I miss Brave and the Bold)

I can only speak for the DS version, but the Brave and the Bold video game has you able to unlock the costume late in the game! Every time the screen transitions, or comes out of pause or whatever, you're a different color! :cool:

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Thor solves the riddle (Avengers: The Enemy Within)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

redbackground posted:

What sound does a space shark make when it gets hit by a grizzled Thunder God?

I've been using this

as my iPhone case for a few months now. Good to see it's in continuity now.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Another from Avengers: Enemy Within. Jessica is great in this issue.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

I never really paid much attention to Spider Woman before, but now I'm interested.
Is she usually like this?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SilverSupernova posted:

I never really paid much attention to Spider Woman before, but now I'm interested.

Nope. She's usually at best very forced-sarcastic in a Bendis way, but most of the time she's just boring and complains a lot about everything.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I have never wanted a variant cover before today.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Yes Spider-Woman, you got to give them the crazy eyes. Like someone hit you in the back of the head.

socalled
Sep 2, 2011

Yes, but you'll never get it.

Lurdiak posted:

Nope. She's usually at best very forced-sarcastic in a Bendis way, but most of the time she's just boring and complains a lot about everything.

I don't know, I feel like Kelly Sue's done a good job with Jessica.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

Only DeConnick writes her like that to my knowledge, she tends to be more neurotic. You should still check out Bendis' Spider-Woman: Agent of SWORD mini, though. It's great.

Sidenote, but while the art in that Avengers: Enemy Within issue isn't fantastic, it gets serious points for being a superhero comic featuring two female leads that's not even remotely cheesecake-y. Seriously, there's not a single "sexy" drawing in the entire book. It's impressive.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 18, 2013

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

Only DeConnick writes her like that to my knowledge, she tends to be more neurotic. You should still check out Bendis' Spider-Woman: Agent of SWORD mini, though. It's great.

It should be noted that series takes place after Jessica comes back to a workd where the Skrull Queen has personally been impersonating her for several weeks/months, so it isn't a happy-go-lucky book. It is a very good read, but it isn't a fun read like Avengers Assemble.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Here's a page from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #13 that makes exactly as much sense out of context as it does in context.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Here's a page from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #13 that makes exactly as much sense out of context as it does in context.

No way it totally makes sense! See, that's Cowlick the Giant Floating Space Cow Head and it's the only means of transport between Earth and Stump Asteroid where a sentient tree stump runs an intergalactic professional wrestling promotion that the Turtles were once kidnapped and forced into and Raph's been wearing his old wrestling gear to be a vigilante on the side outside the normal team but now Cowlick's come to take them back to Stump asteroid I think because Leatherhead, who is no longer a villain and found his calling as a space wrestler, needs their help with something.

Also Cowlick has to swallow them to take them through space.

Totes makes sense!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

But why would you moonlight as a costumed vigilante when you're already a vigilante turtle. :psyduck:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
So you can build up your own villain portfolio without the others stealing your victories.

Duh.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
To be fair, Leo was always a bit of a killjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Little Mac posted:

No way it totally makes sense! See, that's Cowlick the Giant Floating Space Cow Head and it's the only means of transport between Earth and Stump Asteroid where a sentient tree stump runs an intergalactic professional wrestling promotion that the Turtles were once kidnapped and forced into and Raph's been wearing his old wrestling gear to be a vigilante on the side outside the normal team but now Cowlick's come to take them back to Stump asteroid I think because Leatherhead, who is no longer a villain and found his calling as a space wrestler, needs their help with something.

Also Cowlick has to swallow them to take them through space.

Totes makes sense!
It must feel good to let that out after carrying it around inside for close to 20 years.

And for the record they are getting ready to return to Earth from Dimension-X where they had teamed up with Leatherhead to find the Turnstone for the goddess Cherubae.

• Locked thread