Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
Im just enjoying the fact that Speed Sonic got tooled so hard in his last few encounters with Saitama that he had to punch out Poseidon to feel potent again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
This chapter is exactly why Speed of Sound Sonic is currently my favorite manga character. so badass.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
His promise of a 100 page chapter is broken, but to be honest I'm just glad there were 50 new OPM pages.
May 30th time!

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
In most manga, this kind of setup would be necessary to show just how much of a badass the main character is. It's not even needed here though, we already know Saitama is a god. Not complaining though, seeing a more evenly matched fight is a good thing, especially when Murata is drawing it.

Huff Puff is awesome too, I love how the source of his power is :gay:.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Huff Puff walks a very fine line between being a horrible stereotype and being simply great.

Don't mess with his boys, baby! Actually, I wonder what he'll make of Saitama baby.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Popo posted:

Don't mess with his boys, baby! Actually, I wonder what he'll make of Saitama baby.

Probably just won't be into baldies, which will of course crush Saitama's pride.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Genos is probably just his type, though.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

Genos is probably just his type, though.

Didn't he actually say that in this chapter? http://www.mangapanda.com/onepunch-man/30/24

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Not in so many words, no.

Poke
Mar 1, 2004
Does anyone know if Huff Puff, Lightning Max and Stinger are dead?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Poke posted:

Does anyone know if Huff Puff, Lightning Max and Stinger are dead?

They all survived.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/13457243

murata is streaming again

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
For those who are interested, someone's begun translating ONE's original version of Onepunch-Man, starting from the beginning of the arc after the one that's currently ongoing in Murata's version. I haven't actually read them so I can't comment on the quality of the translation. Naturally this includes spoilers for the current arc as well as future ones for Murata's version, and you all know what ONE's art is like, so I'd recommend reading only if you really, really have to know what happens next.

http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/onepunch-man-one-r9123

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, read through them and you really should wait until Murata's version is done to read it. I can say that the arc after this one looks amazing though. Can't wait to see how Murata draws some of the interesting designs in it.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Ok so i just got back from a crazy weekend, and now the botato link to the chapter is dead. Anyone else have a link?

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
reposting

Not that hard to find, though?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I skipped to the end of the arch and the ending is hilarious even if I can't read Japanese. Can't wait to see it Murataized.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

AnonSpore posted:

For those who are interested, someone's begun translating ONE's original version of Onepunch-Man, starting from the beginning of the arc after the one that's currently ongoing in Murata's version. I haven't actually read them so I can't comment on the quality of the translation. Naturally this includes spoilers for the current arc as well as future ones for Murata's version, and you all know what ONE's art is like, so I'd recommend reading only if you really, really have to know what happens next.

I gotta admit there's a real charm to those.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

SirDan3k posted:

I gotta admit there's a real charm to those.

I for some reason like these, might be my overactive imagination but they feel just as good as what murata does (art means next to nothing to me due to roguelikes :story uber alles:).

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Huff Puff Prisoner reminds me of Recoom from Ginyu Force; his general build is the same, his haircut is mainly concentrated near the top of his head, and his transformation sequence reminds me of his posing. And I love it :allears: On the flipside, the Sea King feels like he could be a monster in a Gantz hunt, his viciousness and his attitude towards the heroes is unnerving and it sends chills down my spine.

Regarding the ONE scans: It's like Fukumoto's stuff. Even though the art is subpar, he can still sell a comic that's engaging. Now that translations are available it'll be fun to read through them and see how Murata interprets his stuff!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

One's art is amazing. :allears:

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

Huff Puff Prisoner reminds me of Recoom from Ginyu Force; his general build is the same, his haircut is mainly concentrated near the top of his head, and his transformation sequence reminds me of his posing. And I love it :allears: On the flipside, the Sea King feels like he could be a monster in a Gantz hunt, his viciousness and his attitude towards the heroes is unnerving and it sends chills down my spine.

He has heart nipples. Still feeling shivers?

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

I for some reason like these, might be my overactive imagination but they feel just as good as what murata does (art means next to nothing to me due to roguelikes :story uber alles:).

Art means a lot to me but that's why I like ONE so much. I think there's a term for it, but there's something about sketchbooks, doodles, or otherwise rushed and incomplete drawings that pull me in a lot more than a big, grand, museum-type painting that some guy slaved years over can ever do. Like it's more human or something? I like Murata too of course, but I'm happy the translator decided to work on the ONE version.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

A jargogle posted:

He has heart nipples. Still feeling shivers?

Oh, it makes me shiver alright. :pervert:

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Been reading through both versions and I'm really looking forward to Murata's rendition of Saitama's Serious Series.

It's going to be a foldout, isn't it. :woop:

Edit: Curse you, Awful Betamax!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
How far ahead is ONE's version, anyway?

If it's, like, 200 chapters then I'll just wait, but if it's over 205 chapters I may have to actually read that instead and use Murata's for the eventual walk down nostalgia lane.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The scanlation of ONE's stuff starts at a point about three or four of Murata's chapters ahead, give or take a couple. As for in Japanese, ONE's version is about three major arcs and 60-something chapters ahead.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but ONE and Murata teamed up on two different one shots. One about the secret fan club of a magical teenage girl destined to save the world, and another about a band of adventurers rescuing a kidnapped princess.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/125632/heroes-of-fury_by_kuroshio-no-fansub

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/152323/dangan-tenshi-fan-club_by_no-group

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but ONE and Murata teamed up on two different one shots. One about the secret fan club of a magical teenage girl destined to save the world, and another about a band of adventurers rescuing a kidnapped princess.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/125632/heroes-of-fury_by_kuroshio-no-fansub

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/152323/dangan-tenshi-fan-club_by_no-group

The magical girl one has been linked before, but the other one hasn't. I'll add them to the OP.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
well, ONE can surely draw when he wants to, which seems to be almost never. Check out his work on the amazing comedy shorts for Old Man of the Underworld:

But I tend to think the art fits the comedy pretty well.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

nerdz posted:

But I tend to think the art fits the comedy pretty well.

Definitely. I don't think Murata's version would be nearly as amazing with a more seriously drawn Saitama.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
That's part of the humor in my opinion; Saitama is ball-headed figuratively and literally compared to the superdefined and serious cast around him.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I guess that finally explains who that girl with the black and gold armor was in the end-of-chapter splash pages from the translators.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Japanese chapter is up at http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/31/

28 pages. From what Murata was drawing and saying on twitter, I think he's got more, but cut it off at that point for now and is putting the rest of it into the next chapter. He was already working on inking more pages an hour or so after turning in the final draft for this one.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
^Edit: Ah, you got me.

What the hell is "Allbackman." I thought I was reading the kana wrong until I saw it written on his jacket. I have to know what power or skill lends itself to that name.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

onepixeljumpman posted:

^Edit: Ah, you got me.

What the hell is "Allbackman." I thought I was reading the kana wrong until I saw it written on his jacket. I have to know what power or skill lends itself to that name.

All-back is the Japanese name for a type of hairstyle where the hair is slicked back away from the forehead, usually with some sorta hair gel or spray to keep it that way. It's named that way because, you know. All your hair is going back.

Like this: http://imgur.com/QgtG76U

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
If anything comes out of this chapter, I hope it will be speed of sound streaker.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh that's a shame, just realized that the chapter numbers no longer match up with the original(probably because of the meteor and Metal Knight chapters). This is chapter 28 in the original. Maybe that's why Murata wanted to draw a 100 page chapter.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

AnonSpore posted:

[spoiler]All-back is the Japanese name for a type of hairstyle where the hair is slicked back away from the forehead, usually with some sorta hair gel or spray to keep it that way. It's named that way because, you know. All your hair is going back.

I figured it would be something like that, a cultural or fashion thing going over my head. Or a pun.

But man is this the chapter for awesome hero names. I don't know if I want these guys specifically to keep appearing or if I just want there to be a constant flow of guys named like that. Maybe both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

zerosix posted:

If anything comes out of this chapter, I hope it will be speed of sound streaker.

Well at least this chapter definitely squashes theories about him being a woman.