Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

tbp posted:

You need to make money to be successful in my opinion.

Yeah but the government just gives me money now that I'm back in school and that poo poo is way easier than cooking for 60-70 hours a goddamn week. Plus now I can see a doctor at the campus health center, something that's been missing from my life for the past two years.

Work is for chumps, stay in school forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Skinny King Pimp posted:

Yeah but the government just gives me money now that I'm back in school and that poo poo is way easier than cooking for 60-70 hours a goddamn week. Plus now I can see a doctor at the campus health center, something that's been missing from my life for the past two years.

Work is for chumps, stay in school forever.

No I don't think I'll do that grad school doesn't seem very cool IMO and the money they give you is not a lot.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

So it turns out I'm moving next week which is much worse than it was last week, because last week it was "I'm moving in a few weeks' time" which is much more comforatble than "next week"

Place has a nice garden though, gonna have to get a barbecue.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

Trauma Tank posted:

So it turns out I'm moving next week which is much worse than it was last week, because last week it was "I'm moving in a few weeks' time" which is much more comforatble than "next week"

How were you unsure of when your own move-date was? I don't follow.

tbp posted:

No I don't think I'll do that grad school doesn't seem very cool IMO and the money they give you is not a lot.
Plus the meanies make you pay it back.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

bunnybean posted:

How were you unsure of when your own move-date was? I don't follow.

I wasn't, it's a perspective difference between the 30th of May being "a couple weeks' time" from last week, to it being this week's next week. Makes it feel much closer despite objectively not being much different.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

Trauma Tank posted:

I wasn't, it's a perspective difference between the 30th of May being "a couple weeks' time" from last week, to it being this week's next week. Makes it feel much closer despite objectively not being much different.

Oh! I misread; your original post does seem to imply that. My bad. Good luck with your move; I don't think we'll ever be finished unpacking, and ours was over a year ago. It's just so convenient to keep boxes of crap in the closet when they're items that don't really have a "use" anyway (photo albums, mementos, projects I keep telling myself I'll get around to, etc).

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

tbp posted:

Get a doctorate become a professor get tenure stay in school forever while raking in that sweet sweet grant money.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

paragon1 posted:

Get a doctorate become a professor get tenure stay in school forever while raking in that sweet sweet grant money.

Learn everything, save the world.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

paragon1 posted:

Hahahahaha what grant money?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Trauma Tank posted:

I am in this exact same situation only with the 1st of June instead of 30th of May and with "a square of concrete" instead of "a nice garden".

Thankfully I will be going to a place with pre-existing internet so disruption to my posting schedule will be minimal.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

Penguingo posted:

I am in this exact same situation only with the 1st of June instead of 30th of May and with "a square of concrete" instead of "a nice garden".

Thankfully I will be going to a place with pre-existing internet so disruption to my posting schedule will be minimal.

Mine too! I was much more happy than I had any right to be when the BT engineer told me that internet would be turned off at the old place and on at the new place on the same day. How would I survive if I couldn't get my fix of posting and playing awful internet tank games?

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Trauma Tank posted:

Mine too! I was much more happy than I had any right to be when the BT engineer told me that internet would be turned off at the old place and on at the new place on the same day. How would I survive if I couldn't get my fix of posting and playing awful internet tank games?

I'm moving too and we set up the FiOS a week ago despite the fact that we're not moving for another week still. My bf left a laptop there for us to VPN into for some reason too. INTERNET IS IMPORTANT.

oh poo poo that reminds me I should call my utilities woops thanks folks

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Soon we will have enough Latin derails to have a PYF Latin derail thread.
:getin:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I hate derails. Can we talk about something everyone agrees with?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
As a certified toilet paper expert I can safely say "whichever way you put the new roll on there is the way that roll stays, deal with the random roll of the roll dude."

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

toanoradian posted:

I hate derails. Can we talk about something everyone agrees with?

Look at this philistine who doesn't exclusively wipe with old copies of Readers Digest. :smug:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Francostein posted:

As a certified toilet paper expert I can safely say "whichever way you put the new roll on there is the way that roll stays, deal with the random roll of the roll dude."

But should we let random chance inconvenience us like this? Especially when it can be so easily fixed?

I guess what I'm saying is, is there really a role for the random roll of the roll?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I set my toilet roll on the counter so I don't have to worry about random rolls.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Francostein posted:

The smart goon will re-roll to min-max their DPS (dookies per sitdown).

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Captain McStabbin posted:

The smart goon will re-roll to min-max their DPS (dookies per sitdown).

Classic stuff

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Trauma Tank posted:

Well my new place comes with a springer spaniel for some of the month, which is a Sufficiently Large Dog to be considered worthwhile. So that would solve your hypothetical problems - if you can't do internet stuff you can do dog stuff.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Some high schoolers are having a pre-graduation party in one of the party areas in my neighborhood, they are 10 stories down and 100 meters away and they still make my apartment pulsate. I really hope they stop before I decide to go to bed since I can't get to them and ask them to turn it down. At least the weather is ok, so I can sit on the balcony until then.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Go to your bathroom, get some toilet paper, roll it up, and shove it in your ears.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Go to a shop and buy foam earplugs and roll them up and shove them in your urethra.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Go to the party, there's a smaller party inside.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Take a broomstick, bang it on the ceiling, and tell those drat punk kids to turn down their rock and roll music.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

NienNunb posted:

Take a broomstick, bang it on the ceiling, and tell those drat punk kids to turn down their rock and roll music.

I don't think the cell phone antenna would appreciate that.

Francostein posted:

Go to your bathroom, get some toilet paper, roll it up, and shove it in your ears.

Does that actually work as ear plugs? Anyway they've turned it down by now so it's allright.

Penguingo posted:

Go to a shop and buy foam earplugs and roll them up and shove them in your urethra.

My issue is with sound, not sounding.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Go to the party, there's a smaller party inside.

I'm not sure I want to be at a party where highshoolers dress up like Super Mario, Alice in Wonderland and cows.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I am glad summer is here so I can attend more parties. But I would not attend that party.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hel posted:

Does that actually work as ear plugs?

I used to do that at band practices when I forgot my actual earplugs. Also at shows sometimes so I could hear the bands better and because I'm autistic.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

Graduating college is retarded now I work 60 hours a week OP its terrible

If college is the high point of your life then you are going to be really disappointed for a long time.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Middle school was the high point of my life.

I got to ride in a monster truck.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Which one was it Gravedigger? I hope it was Gravedigger.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If monster trucks were wrestling, Grave Digger would be Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Let me tell you about how poo poo used to be much cooler. Back in the day, it was all about Bigfoot and Hulk Hogan, and America was kicking commie rear end and didn't pay no nevermind to feelings or storylines.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
I am so going to the next demolition derby or monster truck show that happens within a hundred miles of me. My dad used to take me and my brothers to those and they were loving awesome.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If monster trucks were wrestling, Grave Digger would be Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Let me tell you about how poo poo used to be much cooler. Back in the day, it was all about Bigfoot and Hulk Hogan, and America was kicking commie rear end and didn't pay no nevermind to feelings or storylines.

The 90's were cool as poo poo for 5 year olds. :colbert:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

actually he was right life is piss .

tbp has a new favorite as of 22:12 on May 25, 2013

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Skinny King Pimp posted:

I am so going to the next demolition derby or monster truck show that happens within a hundred miles of me. My dad used to take me and my brothers to those and they were loving awesome.

If a guy took me to a monster truck show on a date, I would probably marry him or at least put out.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

If a guy took me to a monster truck show on a date, I would probably marry him or at least put out.

Same.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
The local demo derbies are lame as the course is too small for the cars to really get up any speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

tbp posted:

actually he was right life is piss .

:( Don't sad; you're still Cool and Awesome.

• Locked thread