Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Results of sorts:

- Yugi's team was almost overwhelmingly chosen as Kuriboh and Summoned Skull, which means he gets Kuriboh and two guys who will spend of most of their time healing Kuriboh until they get some levels because they have no loving AP and Kuriboh is the glassiest cannon. :v:

- Bakura and Tristan are a little harder to call. About half the votes call for Tristan to get Summoned Skull/Ansatsu, which is very difficult to do when Yugi has Summoned Skull and Bakura Ansatsu. The other half call for him to get the Illusory Gentleman, which is a feat replicated by Bakura and goddammit goons this is not how you do team composition :argh: I think for now, I'm going to move TIG on to Tristan and give Bakura Neck Hunter, and we can see how that plays out over the next chapter or two.

- Fizdis and Shimon can keep their teams for now, because everyone's required for the next chapter. We'll have a better idea of what to do with everyone after that.

So now with that out of the way, let's go on a safari.

We're back to standard rules for this one, after a couple monster-heavy chapters. If you've forgotten, that means:

- There may or may not be a roaming monster on the map.
- If there is is a monster, it is not a result of clearing the map by achieving the win condition, but a monster gotten this way does count toward the monster total.
- Monsters found by liberating places other than the enemy main base are fair game.

Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Well, after three new monsters last map, including a couple particularly powerful ones, I'm going to guess that there are no wandering monsters this mission.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yeah, none.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Without a guarantee I'm going with no monsters.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm honestly leaning towards none as well, simply because it'd be the most dickish thing for the game to do after a mission with three monsters in it. :v:

Regalingualius fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 26, 2013

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

More to buck the trend than because I actually believe it, I'm gonna go with one monster, right here: *throws dart*

I was never good at darts.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm going to guess that there is a monster in the middle of the southeastern forest
edit: then again, the top half of the map is disturbingly pointless... going to switch my guess to one in the northern middle forest

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 26, 2013

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ignore the dancing man, one monster, on the obviously out of the way city that I dotted.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

I'm honestly leaning towards none as well, simply because it'd be the most dickish thing for the game to do after a mission with three monsters in it. :v:

No the most dickish thing would be to have another Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress situation. So lets say that with the bottom right town. I don't know which martial but it sounds appropriately convoluted.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm going with no monsters.

Heliosmajestus
May 11, 2013
I too am going with no monsters

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
After doing my practice run, I'm exercising an executive veto on Yugi's team. He's keeping the Winged Dragon for now, with Summoned Skull going to Tristan to replace Giant Soldier of Stone.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Artix posted:

After doing my practice run, I'm exercising an executive veto on Yugi's team. He's keeping the Winged Dragon for now, with Summoned Skull going to Tristan to replace Giant Soldier of Stone.

Hip hip hooray! Good for you Artix! Also...

:xd:

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
No monsters.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Artix posted:

Any particular reason, or will we find out later?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

GrizzlyCow posted:

Any particular reason, or will we find out later?

Mixed cannons around the map, and we have no flying teams at all. Chief among the problems being that the enemy HQ has Anti-Ground cannons, meaning either we feed someone* to it or take on the boss solely with Mako. :v:

*Shimon

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Arming Shimon with Shadow Specter and throwing him at cannons was my go-to strategy for the entire campaign.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Arming Shimon with Shadow Specter and throwing him at cannons was my go-to strategy for the entire campaign.

Pretty sure cannons can't kill, so that works. have him hit the fort from a sneaky angle, have someone else move in and clean up.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Artix posted:

Mixed cannons around the map, and we have no flying teams at all. Chief among the problems being that the enemy HQ has Anti-Ground cannons, meaning either we feed someone* to it or take on the boss solely with Mako. :v:

*Shimon

I'll take that to mean that Mako couldn't handle the boss on his own. His only chance to shine, and he still hosed it up.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

That yellow spot with a specific commander because it's so far away and has no dirt path leading there. Specific commander just because why not.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
One monster at the red dot in the middle of the top row that isn't a town.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Well apologies about the delay, but the next update is recorded and I'm going to try and get that edited tonight. Most people seem to have settled on "no monsters" or the bottom-right town, but I'll leave things open for another few hours while I work on editing everything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No monsters.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
bottom-right town

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Bucking both trends and going with top left area. There is nothing there so why not?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Update is done on my end, so submissions are now closed. There was a monster to find, so best of luck!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Resistance-controlled areas quickly spread as Yugi and friends repeatedly defeated the dazed imperial forces. Seeing the entire imperial army in disarray, Yugi decides to surround the largest fortress in the empire, Enno. With the capital of Sygh-Varths just beyond Enno, if Yugi takes the fortress, he'll have the Empire by the jugular.

With his entire empire at stake, Emperor Haysheen himself leads an army to face Yugi and protect Enno Fortress. The fate of the empire lies in the balance as their greatest battle yet is poised to start!

Just the usual prep work. Kuriboh is only rolling with two Multiplies, because otherwise I can't keep his sorry rear end alive in this map.

It is perhaps a bit unwise to throw Kuriboh in at this point, but that’s not going to stop the goon vote!

Yes. If we win here, total victory is a given.

But we must be careful. He may be old, but Haysheen is still feared as a very powerful marshal.

Not so tough that we can't take him if we work together!

Right. We must win here so that we can finish this once and for all.

Right!

:siren: Fizdis line spotted! One of...two (three?) in the entire campaign! :siren:

A single word at that! How very verbose. :v:

Okay everyone, let's do this!

With that rousing speech and everyone chiming in to say "We can do it!", you'd think we were almost done with Yugi's campaign. We're not. :ssh:

If I were meaner, there would be a link to the Disc One Final Dungeon page on TVTropes right about here.

Right, so here's the gameplan.

While we saw cannons back in Chapter 4, now we have to play with them for real. Almost every castle on the map has a Barricade set up, and Phostenn, Tet-ran, and Enno itself have cannons - Phostenn has Anti-Air, and the other two have Anti-Ground. This is a problem, seeing as we have no aerial teams aside from Yugi (before I made the change, we had no aerial teams), and Mako sure as gently caress isn't taking on the boss by himself.

There is an alternate solution to this problem, but it’s unlikely that players will ever see it. We’ll address that later.

But of course, all good maps start with smacking around some imperials in our home base.

First, some new enemies. Neither of them are much to write home about now, but they'll feature more heavily in the late-game and will be much more of a pain there.

Millenium Golem amuses me by gaining Level 1 Magic as an ability, when none of those spells are even remotely worth an item slot.

And Mako's team is still terrible, but he'll take all the experience he can get right now.

The end result is inevitable. I'd just like to be faster than 3 rounds per enemy.

Our immediate problem is the castle right in front of us. Anti-Air cannons means Yugi can't move, and there are two marshals to beat down rather than the usual one. But if they want a tag-team match, I'm going to give them one.

Tristan starts things off as the legal man.

Bear in mind that the enemy has a 4 star Barricade, so they have a cool 1000 point bonus to all of their poo poo, which is why Rogue Doll is pushing nearly 3000 ATK and this chapter is so dangerous. That said, 2 AP is still easily weathered. Ansatsu is less welcome, but he's still low enough level that he doesn't have Castle-Adept or the extra AP yet.

:argh:

The Fire Emblem RNG may be busy cursing Tae’s level-ups right now, but its local representative is making sure Artix still feels its ‘love’.

Things don't go quite as smoothly as I'd like, but he at least killed the Ansatsu.

However, as usual, there aren't very many problems that can't be solved with liberal application of our own Ansatsu.

And it looks like Stuffed Animal is out of that awkward 2AP stage. :toot:

On to the second marshal.

Dragon Seeker isn't anything special, but it does have the "Dragon Carnage" attack, which predictably does effective damage against dragons. Reaper of the Cards has Red Medicine, but otherwise is another non-descript fight.

It’s only based on casual observation, but I’m not certain Dragon Seeker’s special effect even works.

This time Tristan is the one to do the heavy lifting, with Bakura coming in for clean-up.

Now with Phostenn under our control, we can move forward. As an added bonus, you usually get to keep any equipment a fortification has when you liberate it, so now we have some Anti-Air Cannons of our own.

Next, we need to make use of Yugi's aerial talents to capture Nyuaghulla. He and Mako are the only ones who can brave the Anti-Ground cannons.

Bakura and Fizdis set out for Tet-ran, even if Bakura is going to be taking a detour halfway there.

Finally, Shimon reaches the southwest fort, so he sets off for Dyovann next.

Nothing new about the fight in Nyuaghulla, but we do get to take Kuriboh's new toy for a spin.

First, his special hits every enemy for decent damage. It's not a spectacular amount, but it's a little more than most of our other monsters can do in a single hit, and it hits three enemies for 2 AP, so we end up with a net gain.

This type of special loses some of its attractiveness if the enemy team’s down a member, of course. There’s no increase in damage to the remaining targets as compensation.

But you really get your money's worth from his standard attacks. Multiply jacks the hell out of Kuriboh's damage, and this is with only two of them. With all three equipped, Kuriboh can swing for anywhere between 500-700 damage (usually at the higher end of the scale), and his special will regularly hit for 450-500 damage on everyone. He still dies if anything so much as looks at him, but at least he can meaningfully contribute to battle now.

Another entry on the list of adorable glass cannons.

You know Kuriboh needed after those Multiplies? Even more stats. :unsmigghh:

Look at Yugi’s bonuses! Nobody else has more than a 2 in any stat. :allears:

And with that done, Yugi and Mako start marching for the boss.

Bakura breaks off to head for the northeast, so Fizdis is left to take on this marshal by herself.

Now we have some proper undead, none of that Shadow Specter or Zombie Warrior crap. Dragon Zombie more or less sets the stage for what later Zombies will look like: Great HP, way more AP than they have any right to have, and a status-causing attack (although these guys are low enough level that they don't have it yet).

Dragon Zombie is really good, honestly. It has a base DEF of 0, but who cares?

But some good old-fashioned violence carries the day, even against the scourge of the undead.

Bakura sneaks around Enno to attack Kardhiys.

Big Insect, aside from having the most generic goddamn name in the game, is pretty typical of insects. It has a lot of HP with decent stats and AP, but it's not going to blow your mind or anything. Hunter Spider is in the same boat.

Big Insect’s best feature is its attack name, ‘Ant Acid’.

His Basic Insect is interesting, because it has acquired a Laser Cannon Armor. Much like Kuriboh, this jacks up his attack and unlocks his special attack, but I don't think I've ever actually seen the AI use it. :iiam:

On an interesting note, I believe Basic Insect and Kuriboh are eventually able to use their special without this stuff. Multiply/LCA just give it to you early. (And honestly, why wouldn’t you give Kuriboh Multiply?)

Dammit Bakura, you missed twice in that fight and look what happened! :argh:

Much better.

And as we're preparing to close out the chapter, Shimon reaches the southeast corner.

Uh... I'm, um, looking for my older sister. Do you know her? No, I guess you wouldn't, would you? her name is Kachua... I don't know why I thought you would know. Silly, Lora, silly... I'm sorry I bothered you.

So yes, meet the other kind of exclusive monster: Monster-Exclusive monsters. See, FBK isn't content with telling you to blindly send people off into the middle of nowhere, you also have to consider which monsters you're taking. Monster-exclusives are much more dickish than Character-exclusives for three reasons:

First, character exclusives almost always give you second chances. As we saw back in Chapter 3, just because I went to the spot with Fizdis, doesn't mean I can't show up there with Yugi and get the monster anyway. With Monster-exclusives, the game treats it as an encounter with the monster, and you can only ever encounter monsters once per map. So even if you have the right monster, if you trigger them with the wrong marshal, you're hosed and have to do redo the mission.

Second, the monster you need must be the party leader. Let's say I had Gemini Elf Kachua in Shimon's party this chapter. If she wasn't his leader? Too bad, gently caress you, redo the mission, because Lora's not joining.

But most importantly of all, only one of the monster-exclusive recruitments can be done in the same campaign as you find them. Gemini Elf Kachua is not in Yugi's story. Period. This is the other major reason that the game takes 6 playthroughs to 100% - there are monsters you just straight up can't recruit on your first time through the campaign.

And here the thread thought having no monsters this map would be the most dickish thing to do. How naive. :allears:

Before we close out the chapter, we need to do a little shopping. Phostenn has Call of the Grave, another transformation item. We actually need two of them, but one will have to do for now. There'll be other opportunities to pick them up. And speaking of other opportunities, Kardhiys sells Polymerizations if you missed them last chapter.

Since Call of the Grave lets you get Dragon Zombie, it’s well worth the investment. Hell, the other monster is even better!

Today I am judge, jury, and executioner!

This is it, Mako! Your big chance to shine!

Mystical Elf is the only new monster, and to be honest, I don't really know why she's here. Zanki and Axe Raider are much better monsters, and it's not even like she has medicine on her to go for a stalling strategy or something.

Mystical Elf has both a special attack and a fusion partner, but it’s not really worth a space on your team regardless.

It doesn't look like he accomplished much, but he killed the Axe Raider, who has all of Haysheen's medicine. You did good, kid. You did good.

And Yugi sneaks in just ahead of the clock hitting noon. I daresay this has been a pretty productive morning. :v:

With his only source of healing gone, Yugi pretty much steamrolls Haysheen.

NOOOOO! Retreat! Retreat!

Haysheen's getting away! Don't let him escape!

What took you so long, Joey?

Geez, I got here as fast as I could.

Huh? Am I too late? You didn't need me?

You're too late, Mai.

Well I got here as fast as I could, but you can't rush a lady, you know.

Right, so a bit of explanation is in order. The reason those conversations don't really flow is because it's joke dialogue you get for clearing the chapter before Joey and Mai arrive. (Most players will still see Mai’s ‘joke’ dialogue nine times out of ten. :ssh:) Joey arrives at noon, and his conversation basically goes like:

I'm here!

What took you so long?

Shut up! Mai's on her way, she'll be here before long.

Great!

Mai shows up at 6:00 pm (giving you a flying marshal if you desperately need one), and her recruitment goes something like this:

Everyone can relax now, I'm here!

What took you so long!?

Come now, weren't you ever told not to rush a lady?

Hey Joey, you and Mai made pretty similar entrances...

And what's that smirk supposed to mean?

At any rate, I'm here now.

Great, we've definitely got the upper hand now!

Riveting stuff, I know. Anyway, that's it for Chapter 7, see you guys next time.

???: You needn't worry about that, your Majesty.

Who's there?

It doesn't matter, your Majesty. The important thing is that I am the one who will deliver you from your enemies.

Another insolent... Ah, never mind. So you say you can save my empire, do you?

Yes, I can. I will defeat the resistance army that is chasing you.

Good! Now I can rest knowing that I'll be safe.

Hmm... I wouldn't be too sure of that.

What?

The Empire and the army no longer belong to you, your Majesty.

What? Just what does that mean? Explain yourse--GUAARGH!

You are nothing more than my programmed puppet. You've served me well. But you've outlived your usefulness. Good work, your Majesty.

I always erase my unwanted programs so that they don't come back and cause me trouble later. Bye-bye now.

GYAAA....

What?!

How is that possible?! Our intelligence didn't report any forces behind us!

HAH HA HA HA HA! Sorry to surprise you all! I've taken the liberty of destroying your rear units. How utterly simplistic of you to leave your backside so completely unprotected like that.

Who the heck are you!?

Not that it matters much to you, but my name is Scott Irvine. All you need to know is that I'm the one holding your life in my hands. You see, I'm the one who created this world. How's that working out for you, by the way? Anyone want to give me feedback on the Kingdom?

So you're the one who trapped us all in here!

That's right. But I don't expect a feeble-minded bunch like you to understand my grand plan.

While you stand here asking dim-witted questions, your only escape route is being cut off.

Lord Yugi! We must retreat for now! We'll be massacred if we stay here!

Alright. Everybody, fall back!

-----

Chapter 7 Animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvC--D3cUUI

Music: Chittun - Day

Flavor Text

Chitthun - This trading town also serves as a supply base for the fortress.

Phostenn / Nyuaghulla / Tet-ran - This is an adjunct castle of Enno Fortress.

Nua-Tua - This military base is the first line of defense for Enno Fortress.

Dyovann - This town sits on the important supply route between Sygh-Varths and the fortress.

Kardhiys - This is a military base located at the back side of Enno Fortress for stockpiling goods.

Enno - This is the unassailable fort on the west side of the capital of the empire, Sygh-Varths.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012
So this update brings two questions: What do you spend the most money on? The Call of the Grave seems very expensive but the team total cost was almost the same.

Secondly, if Joey and Mai are somewhat nebulous in this mission (only showing up at a certain time) are there any monsters that appear in the same fashion (showing up at a certain time)? Also can you miss them that seems like a thing this game would do?

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

quote:

Another insolent... Ah, never mind. So you say you can save my empire, do you?

Because seriously, I've had FAR too many cackling, giant heads turning the entire background into a swirly green blob in my life time, and I've had just about ENOUGH of your garbage. If you really want to, I SUPPOSE I could hear you out, but make it quick! Lest you face the wrath of my Mystical Elf!

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 29, 2013

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

quote:

So yes, meet the other kind of exclusive monster: Monster-Exclusive monsters.

...yeah, okay, I honestly shouldn't be surprised at this development. I suppose out of the way town was too obvious not to have a second condition to go along with it.

Either way, I guess it isn't quite Yugioh without having evil executives in suits meddling in matters. Unsurprising considering the history of the series.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Dark Magician is really obscene, isn't he?

God. I can't take Scott seriously with those eyes of his. When I first saw him, I thought you MSPainted those eyes in.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Monster specific?

Wow, this game just throws dick move and dick move. What's next, you having to deliberately take forever to clear the map?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
It's going to be a crying shame when this has to go to the archive without all the wonderful posts here in the thread. :allears:

Blue Ghost posted:

So this update brings two questions: What do you spend the most money on? The Call of the Grave seems very expensive but the team total cost was almost the same.

Secondly, if Joey and Mai are somewhat nebulous in this mission (only showing up at a certain time) are there any monsters that appear in the same fashion (showing up at a certain time)? Also can you miss them that seems like a thing this game would do?
Hmmm, it depends. Equipment is a one-time expense that will make up most of the cost early on, but you will eventually reach a point where high-level monsters make end-of-mission rewards practically nil. (The rewards for liberating towns will remain steady at least.)

Also, that is a very good question!
What, answer it? Nah... Where's the fun in that?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

quote:

And here the thread thought having no monsters this map would be the most dickish thing to do. How naive. :allears:

Wow. Yep, I was naive. I wasn't expecting that level of dickery. Good show, game, good show.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Mystical Elf's support Ability is actually nice enough to warrant using her, if you build a team around her (Not as hard as it sounds) Her fusion material partner is also good enough to just use by itself. And since pretty much every fusion is "worth it" (Except maybe...2 or 3) Mystical Elf can be pretty good.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I'm surprised they put any flavor text for the bases considering how pointless it is.

Wonder if at some point this game wasn't going to be so linear? You'd get to choose what stages to play and have to spread your marshals out to invade and defend, more along the lines of a RTS style game. Eh, maybe not but I'd find it more interesting.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, I suppose it has to be asked...

Is that the last of the monster recruitment methods (not counting fusions)? Or are there still more ways we've yet to see to drive completionists insane? :gonk:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Regalingualius posted:

So, I suppose it has to be asked...

Is that the last of the monster recruitment methods (not counting fusions)? Or are there still more ways we've yet to see to drive completionists insane? :gonk:

Now where would the fun be in answering that question? :unsmigghh:

Blue Ghost posted:

As Eevee said, while all the equipment and items I've been buying are really expensive, they're one-time costs. Once I buy a set of Blue Medicine, I will always have that set of medicine, whereas monster deployment costs will continue to rise. Also, I don't actually need a lot of the stuff I buy. You can get through the game perfectly fine without buying any equipment (though it'll make monsters like Kuriboh really bad), and aside from one we'll get later in Yugi's story, all of the transformation items aren't used until Kaiba's story. Really, the only thing you actually have to buy is a decent stockpile of medicine, and your starting fort almost always has a trader active with Blue Medicine / Monster Reborn / Goblin's Secret Remedy, so you don't even have to blow the cash on Trade Unions.

Basically, the farther we go in the game, the more of our money will be tied up in deployment costs because we already have all the equipment we need.

Artix fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 29, 2013

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Artix posted:

Basically, the farther we go in the game, the more of our money will be tied up in deployment costs because we already have all the equipment we need.

I can't remember ever not being able to deploy due to a shortage of funds... Did I forget, or will the game let you deploy at zero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Gensuki posted:

I can't remember ever not being able to deploy due to a shortage of funds... Did I forget, or will the game let you deploy at zero?

To be completely honest, I'm not sure where it pulls the deployment costs from. It's not from your initial gold supply, because if so I'd start the next chapter with ~500 gold instead of ~2200. It might come from the end-of-chapter rewards, but we're not at a good chapter where I can easily test that.

• Locked thread