Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I'm OCD and like to have my stuff named a certain way I guess. I have Sickbeard include the quality in all the filenames as well as being named with the actual name of the movie rather than "scene" names for the files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FISHMANPET posted:

Can CouchPotato manage an existing movie collection yet? I just updated to the latest verison after not using it for probably 9 months. I want to specify a quality for a file I already have and then have CP rename it and download all the metadata for XBMC. Can CP do that, or should I keep tying to do it with Ember Media Manager?
I think I could do everything you want from CP's Renamer settings page.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

FISHMANPET posted:

Can CouchPotato manage an existing movie collection yet? I just updated to the latest verison after not using it for probably 9 months. I want to specify a quality for a file I already have and then have CP rename it and download all the metadata for XBMC. Can CP do that, or should I keep tying to do it with Ember Media Manager?

It can, but I find the metadata it creates to be pretty crappy. It often misses a lot of information and, although it renames it properly, it seems to grab the wrong information frequently. I tried using it for a while, but eventually had to turn it off because my collection got really screwed up.

If you don't want to use XBMC, then you should continue using EMM.

Danforth05
Jun 11, 2011

Why is mice sech cowards?
Well, my Google-fu has let me down... Has anyone here been using Unblock-us with SABnzbd/Sick Beard/CouchPotato?

I've been using a VPN to get around blackouts for NHL GameCenter Live and MLB.tv since sports are the only thing I even remotely miss from cable. This worked/works well but involves a bit of fiddling to enable/disable from the router UI or on the computer.

I decided to try out Unblock-us in order to make the process more seamless and was very happy with the results. However, I can no longer access the UI for my usenet applications and don't believe they can download at all anymore.

I know that I'm not the only user who has experienced this problem thanks to very limited documentation I've read online, but haven't come across a solution. Any ideas? Should I go back to my VPN? Help me keep my fat rear end on the couch.

Danforth05 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 25, 2013

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

Danforth05 posted:

Well, my Google-fu has let me down... Has anyone here been using Unblock-us with SABnzbd/Sick Beard/CouchPotato?

I've been using a VPN to get around blackouts for NHL GameCenter Live and MLB.tv since sports are the only thing I even remotely miss from cable. This worked/works well but involves a bit of fiddling to enable/disable from the router UI or on the computer.

I decided to try out Unblock-us in order to make the process more seamless and was very happy with the results. However, I can no longer access the UI for my usenet applications and don't believe they can download at all anymore.

I know that I'm not the only user who has experienced this problem thanks to very limited documentation I've read online, but haven't come across a solution. Any ideas? Should I go back to my VPN? Help me keep my fat rear end on the couch.

As far as I understand, Unblock-Us just requires you to setup your stuff to hit their DNS servers, correct? Then they use their DNS servers to route you to their reverse proxy servers which then route you to the streaming site of your choice.

Are you using a name or an IP for your connection to SAB? IE: http://danforth05-pc:8080 or http://192.168.1.123:8080

If you're using a name, then the DNS trickery that Unblock-US uses will screw that up and you'll have to use an IP address (or edit your hosts file). So going to
code:
http://<ip.of.sab.pc>:<port>
will take you where you need to go.

Danforth05
Jun 11, 2011

Why is mice sech cowards?

monkeybounce posted:

As far as I understand, Unblock-Us just requires you to setup your stuff to hit their DNS servers, correct? Then they use their DNS servers to route you to their reverse proxy servers which then route you to the streaming site of your choice.

Are you using a name or an IP for your connection to SAB? IE: http://danforth05-pc:8080 or http://192.168.1.123:8080

If you're using a name, then the DNS trickery that Unblock-US uses will screw that up and you'll have to use an IP address (or edit your hosts file). So going to
code:
http://<ip.of.sab.pc>:<port>
will take you where you need to go.

This worked. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

My HTPC setup is pretty much perfect now... until I start tweaking it again.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

Private Speech posted:

I've had any account at nzb.su but it doesn't work anymore. :(

What other indexing sites are good to look out for? I have accounts at omgwtfnzbs and ftdworld, are they decent now? Lately I was mostly using binsearch/nzbfriends, but it kinda sucks.

The latest post on this blog has a bunch of sites to check out. Another list can be found on the SABnzbd wiki.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Any particular reason that nzbdstatus doesn't seem to work anymore? I was having problems with sickbeard and just did a reinstall of everything usenet related. Sickbeard is working great now, but the new version of nzbdstatus doesn't seem to work at all. Before I was running some non-autoupdating beta or something, but the current release is refusing to work.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/nzbdstatus/

e: nevermind, It's been so long since I've really paid any attention to usenet stuff that I forgot that wolrah was updating it, and it wasn't an official release. All fixed now.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 27, 2013

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
SABconnect++ inserts three sab icons into every listing on nzb.su and also sends the NZB link thrice when clicking one of them. Is this a known problem in the latest version or has the extension just gone bonkers on my end?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Hypnolobster posted:

e: nevermind, It's been so long since I've really paid any attention to usenet stuff that I forgot that wolrah was updating it, and it wasn't an official release. All fixed now.

My latest update is in the official tree, but I haven't used Firefox in forever so I have no idea what the status is other than Mozilla emailing me every now and then saying its compatible with the latest version. I'll take a look at it this week, but no promises on specifics.

As for Sabconnect++, I used to see an issue where opening a link like the quality preview image on NZBs.org would result in all the download arrows on the page cloning. That hasn't happened in a long time though, not sure if it's related.

UnholyCow
Oct 6, 2005

Keito posted:

SABconnect++ inserts three sab icons into every listing on nzb.su and also sends the NZB link thrice when clicking one of them. Is this a known problem in the latest version or has the extension just gone bonkers on my end?

It started freaking out for me as well but you can fix this in the extension settings for Providers. Just make sure nzb.su is checked in the list and remove its entries from the Newznab Providers box. Next time you visit that site just say no to adding it to the list and it will work as intended.

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?
Sickbeard / Sabnzbd had been working perfectly until ~2 weeks ago. Now every NZB gets stuck in SAB with error "Trying to fetch NZB from: http://url-to-nzb"

When I copy the URL from the error in SAB and paste URL into a browser the NZB downloads with no issue and I can then add the downloaded NZB back to SAB. For some reason SAB can't do this on it's own anymore. =/

Anyone else run into this? Googling has failed me.

blahz
Dec 18, 2004

Are there any android apps that have built-in support for fanzub?

I'm coming from ios mynzb and I'm hoping to find a suitable replacement.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Stupid morning sanity check: CPS (Win, from source) shows an update available, so I stop the service, get the files from github, apply, restart, etc. The usual deal I've done dozens of times before.

Having done this twice, CPS still shows an update available. I am impatient, missing something, or both?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Any recommendations on getting the mobile apps to connect to SABnzbd over the same Wi-Fi connection as the host computer? I can connect to it no problem on 3G from my S4 and Note 8 but as soon as I connect to Wi-Fi it gives me connection errors.

I've tried changing the host to localhost, 0.0.0.0 and my no ip redirect to no avail though it'd be ideal if I could use the noIP redirect from both Wi-Fi and 3g. I remember finding a solution for this years ago but Google isn't turning up what I'm looking for.

It isn't just the apps either, if I attempt to connect to myip:port from any other device on the network it doesn't work, if they're on another network it connects no problem.

Thanks

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 1, 2013

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Godinster posted:

Any recommendations on getting the mobile apps to connect to SABnzbd over the same Wi-Fi connection as the host computer? I can connect to it no problem on 3G from my S4 and Note 8 but as soon as I connect to Wi-Fi it gives me connection errors.

I've tried changing the host to localhost, 0.0.0.0 and my no ip redirect to no avail though it'd be ideal if I could use the noIP redirect from both Wi-Fi and 3g. I remember finding a solution for this years ago but Google isn't turning up what I'm looking for.

It isn't just the apps either, if I attempt to connect to myip:port from any other device on the network it doesn't work, if they're on another network it connects no problem.

Thanks

When you tried the other devices were they connected over Wifi or ethernet? If wired works and wireless doesn't you'll need to disable "Wireless Isolation" or equivalent through your router.
If both wired and wireless doesn't work you'll need a router that supports NAT Loopback. Your current router may support NAT Loopback so look around the menus/Google to find out.

If your current router doesn't support NAT Loopback you'll either need to buy a new one or use your internal IP when connected to your Wifi and your external/no-ip when outside your house.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442319 Home Networking thread :).

Ronald Duck fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 1, 2013

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Should I bother setting sickbeard to Astraweb's actual retention rate of 1750 days? When manually downloading I typically look for <500 but even those are nuked often enough that I can't imagine it makes a big difference.

mmmcurry
Sep 8, 2006
likes free food
I set up newznab so I could start creating my own personal index. The problem is that I don't have the regex data to generate releases for a lot of the groups I would like to subscribe to. Are there some good catch-all regexs I can use for the newsgroups without a standard for how they format their headers?

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

mmmcurry posted:

I set up newznab so I could start creating my own personal index. The problem is that I don't have the regex data to generate releases for a lot of the groups I would like to subscribe to. Are there some good catch-all regexs I can use for the newsgroups without a standard for how they format their headers?

Get the donate version of NN+ the major difference is a huge amount of regex's that they provide and constantly update.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Nask26 posted:

Get the donate version of NN+ the major difference is a huge amount of regex's that they provide and constantly update.

This. It was like $15 when I got it. Every now and then I hop on their forums if I have an issue pulling something but they auto update often so it's not necessary.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
Has anyone been experiencing slow speeds from Supernews lately? Just checked my logs in sabnzbd and everything is averaging between 400-900 KB/s for me since Thursday, although I'm on a 30 Mbit connection. I did a quick test on my Blocknews account and was able to get my full speeds.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Yep, I'm pretty much canceling my subscription this month. For the past couple of weeks speeds have been quite slow. I usually pull down about 7 MBps and have been 1-2 MBps if that.

I did shoot them an email and they never got back to me. Checked spam folder just in case as well but nothing.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
It was slow enough that I cancelled and went to AstraWeb a few weeks ago, haven't had any speed issues outside of SuperNews but I definitely wasn't getting top speeds with SN.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
OK, I feel like an idiot but this is the first time I've done things this way:

Sickbeard on one computer, SABNZBD+ on another computer. Sickbeard is on a Windows 7 box, SABNZBD+ is on a Linux box. I see some...hints, sort of...on what I need to do, but I'm not entirely sure. Do I need to put the post-processing scripts on my Linux box and set that up with a category on SABNZBD+ (with the config for the script pointing to the Windows box, of course), then set that category on Sickbeard as well? I'm sort of confused.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Powdered Toast Man posted:

OK, I feel like an idiot but this is the first time I've done things this way:

Sickbeard on one computer, SABNZBD+ on another computer. Sickbeard is on a Windows 7 box, SABNZBD+ is on a Linux box. I see some...hints, sort of...on what I need to do, but I'm not entirely sure. Do I need to put the post-processing scripts on my Linux box and set that up with a category on SABNZBD+ (with the config for the script pointing to the Windows box, of course), then set that category on Sickbeard as well? I'm sort of confused.

In Sab settings you need to configure where the script is under folders and then set the TV category or whatever category you want to post process that script under categories and then under Nzb search in SB you just need to make sure the category is set to the same one you chose. Any reason why you have them on separate systems? Its usually easier to keep them on the same one.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

Nask26 posted:

In Sab settings you need to configure where the script is under folders and then set the TV category or whatever category you want to post process that script under categories and then under Nzb search in SB you just need to make sure the category is set to the same one you chose. Any reason why you have them on separate systems? Its usually easier to keep them on the same one.

The linux system is where I have the most storage, and I have NFS shares set up on it for my Raspberry Pi running raspbmc. I've installed Sickbeard on linux before but it is such a pain in the rear end to configure.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Powdered Toast Man posted:

The linux system is where I have the most storage, and I have NFS shares set up on it for my Raspberry Pi running raspbmc. I've installed Sickbeard on linux before but it is such a pain in the rear end to configure.

That's like the opposite of true. I run them both on Solaris with no problems.

Extract the package in your home directory and then find any of a million guides on installing the startup scripts for your distribution.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
I start sickbeard and the other apps with a simple bash script that's run by cron on boot, easy as poo poo to set up and works great for me.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Continuing the sickbeard chat: I'm a complete newbie and have never used sickbeard, but is anybody using the sickbeard anime branch? Is it still useable? I've tried to read through the thread on the sickbeard forums, but can't really parse what is said.

Re the supernews speed: I'm getting 11 MB/s, on a 100 MBit connection, drat impressive.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

weinus posted:

Has anyone been experiencing slow speeds from Supernews lately? Just checked my logs in sabnzbd and everything is averaging between 400-900 KB/s for me since Thursday, although I'm on a 30 Mbit connection. I did a quick test on my Blocknews account and was able to get my full speeds.

My Supernews download speeds were inconsistent last week, anywhere from under 1 MB/s up to the normal 1.8 MB/s maxing out my cable modem. Seems to have worked itself out, and the last few days have been back to a steady 1.8 MB/s.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
No problems with Supernews over here.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Keito posted:

I start sickbeard and the other apps with a simple bash script that's run by cron on boot, easy as poo poo to set up and works great for me.

Didn't your sickbeard AUR package come with pre-made systemd scripts?

*Arch Master Race*

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

So, I'm finally getting around to setting up newznab, and I came across something I wasn't aware that was a thing that's happening nowadays.

Apparently groups are posting files to usenet with obfuscated headers. So instead of a subject of "Some Cool Show S92E329", it'll be "jf9pa8sjdflkajsdlkfja". Apparently, there' some way to deobfuscate them, but I'm not sure how, or how that works with newznab.

Anyone have any pointers here?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

fivre posted:

Didn't your sickbeard AUR package come with pre-made systemd scripts?

*Arch Master Race*

It did, and I was using them until they stopped working for some reason that I can't remember. Might've been around the time the default Python package was upgraded to a version sickbeard wouldn't launch with, but I don't see any reason to go back to systemd scripts when cron handles everything equally well. My Arch system is powered by duct tape.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Thermopyle posted:

So, I'm finally getting around to setting up newznab, and I came across something I wasn't aware that was a thing that's happening nowadays.

Apparently groups are posting files to usenet with obfuscated headers. So instead of a subject of "Some Cool Show S92E329", it'll be "jf9pa8sjdflkajsdlkfja". Apparently, there' some way to deobfuscate them, but I'm not sure how, or how that works with newznab.

Nice try, Joseph Morganelli!

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Yes. There is a script called update_parsing in misc\testing\
Make sure you open this script first and modify the part that says echo only or it will look like it's doing stuff but not actually rename anything. Also you need to have on nfo scanning and rar scanning so it can try to find the real file name for it to work decent. I just set mine to run after every run through of runme script. (the first time through you may want to scan your entire database, to do this you have to modify the part in the script that says limited to 24 hours.)

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Ah ha!

ClassH posted:

Yes. There is a script called update_parsing in misc\testing\
Make sure you open this script first and modify the part that says echo only or it will look like it's doing stuff but not actually rename anything. Also you need to have on nfo scanning and rar scanning so it can try to find the real file name for it to work decent. I just set mine to run after every run through of runme script. (the first time through you may want to scan your entire database, to do this you have to modify the part in the script that says limited to 24 hours.)

Thanks!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Is there a way to tell sickbeard to ignore whatever NZB it thinks is the right one and try again? I'm trying to get it to download Cool Show S01 and it thinks that a NZB for "Cool Show S01 Xmas Special" is the NZB for the entire season and it won't pull down anything else.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Canuckistan posted:

Is there a way to tell sickbeard to ignore whatever NZB it thinks is the right one and try again? I'm trying to get it to download Cool Show S01 and it thinks that a NZB for "Cool Show S01 Xmas Special" is the NZB for the entire season and it won't pull down anything else.

I don't think SB has that option, you're probably best off just manually downloading and adding the nzb to sabnzbd+ at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

Tapedump posted:

CPS (Win, from source) shows an update available ... CPS still shows an update available.
Right, ignore me. I deleted the cache folder in the CPS data directory and it's fixed. I recall having to do this sometime last year, too.