Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Darko posted:

I'm unsure of what's going on here - I don't know if it's a Canadian thing or what:

Must be, I saw a Golf in Airdrie with a really cool comic book decopage treatment on the front right fender. It had stretched tires and a "daily driven" window sticker, so it may have been a tryhard "rat" mod or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That really took me a second to figure out. Does it have two motors?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
A wittier seller would've put it up for 4994

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Godholio posted:

That really took me a second to figure out. Does it have two motors?

It would be some impressive engineering since the original was a RWD car.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Darko posted:

I'm unsure of what's going on here - I don't know if it's a Canadian thing or what:

Ran across an F20 swapped Corolla with a similar treatment on tumblr, beats rolling round with one fender painted the wrong color.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

razorscooter posted:

Ran across an F20 swapped Corolla with a similar treatment on tumblr, beats rolling round with one fender painted the wrong color.

Initial D manga pages, of course.

e: is it bad that I know that?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

enojy posted:

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why this is terrible. This is probably a Fiero, isn't it.

Pretty sure you guys are way overthinking this and it's just that some knucklehead put a lovely bodykit and spoiler on what appears to be a real Ferrari 355.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Out of all the terrible cars in this thread I'm surprised nobody has powdercoated a fender or two and shoved it on. I want to see how it looks vs. plastidip.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

Initial D manga pages, of course.

e: is it bad that I know that?
Depends, can you name which chapters it is?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Out of all the terrible cars in this thread I'm surprised nobody has powdercoated a fender or two and shoved it on. I want to see how it looks vs. plastidip.

Would it buckle in the bake? Now I'm intrigued.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Cakefool posted:

Y'all are pussies. When I was 17 I drive my mk 2 fiesta like it was a fighter plane, ducking and diving between giant trucks, banging off the rev limiter all the time in top gear.

Admittedly I was a stupid prick when I was 17, and banging off the rev limiter in top was about 80 mph. 955cc was far more than I deserved.

My first car at 16 was a 68 bug. It had a slightly bigger engine coming in at 1600cc, but was still slow as balls. It was super easy to get sideways anytime the roads were wet, and well, I drifted many many more times than I should have. All kids are stupid at the age 16-2*. It's why I don't understand parents who give their kids these stupidly powerful cars and then wonder why little Johnny wrapped it around a telephone pole.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

razorscooter posted:

I wonder if some of these are a tribute to the mighty car mods guys, they had a series of episodes building a car with the most "street cred" for the least amount of money and I think I remember them doing their VW with a Japanese comic fender

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

Depends, can you name which chapters it is?

Nope, not quite that bad, then.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mighty Horse posted:

It would be some impressive engineering since the original was a RWD car.

I can dream, can't I?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

razorscooter posted:

Would have preferred an off color fender. Ugh.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

I saw this beautiful, classy automobile at the local Kmart.

KeanuReevesGhost fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 29, 2013

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Would have preferred an off color fender. Ugh.

I think it only qualifies as not terrible on an old corolla. The manga pages fit the theme and someone obviously went out of their way to make it happen. I see that same poo poo all over here except on slammed miatas and even more integras and hellaflush stickers instead. That's terrible. I even see them with faded/torn stickers a lot and you'd be surprised how many are perfectly well matching fenders with good or decent (from what I can tell) paint.

The one I saw the other day was a debadged accord with rust where all the badges were in the shape of the honda logo. Barf.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002
It's missing just something tiny from being truly awesome, so I have to post this as terrible.

Maybe it would be awesome if somebody was mad enough to do this to the STS-V? :downs:

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

nurrwick posted:

Somewhere under this is a CX-7.

I didn't notice how awful the wing was until a minute later when I passed it.

Raiders!! :black101::respek::black101:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Filthy Luker posted:

It's missing just something tiny from being truly awesome, so I have to post this as terrible.

Maybe it would be awesome if somebody was mad enough to do this to the STS-V? :downs:

Is that Oakland?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Filthy Luker posted:

You know, get some tasteful wheels and black out all of the chrome, and I would drive it.

Filthy Luker
Aug 4, 2002

Das Volk posted:

Is that Oakland?

Toronto. Look up "Rob Ford" and you'll get the idea of the city right now. :ohdear:

some texas redneck posted:

You know, get some tasteful wheels and black out all of the chrome, and I would drive it.

It's just missing "awesome" by a bit but it does steer into "terrible" that's the whole point.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
These guys and their rolling junkyards to Mexico, I see this poo poo everyday on my way home. It was windy as hell this morning and this guy was doing ~45 in the middle lane on a 75mph stretch of interstate. Swerving/ leaning like crazy and the weed eater was sticking out the side by a few feet. Tie downs? One should do it right.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

NoWake posted:

:colbert: If you're going to go all the way you really should go all the way and start with this:

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Holdbrooks posted:

These guys and their rolling junkyards to Mexico, I see this poo poo everyday on my way home. It was windy as hell this morning and this guy was doing ~45 in the middle lane on a 75mph stretch of interstate. Swerving/ leaning like crazy and the weed eater was sticking out the side by a few feet. Tie downs? One should do it right.

The time span between Snowbird traffic and Yard Sale traffic always goes by so fast.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Cancelbot posted:

Dynamat and its users will forever be terrible - it's literally idiot paper*

*It does work but you don't need more than 25% surface coverage on the doors that rattle because they can't handle the PHAT BASS.
Do you know what Dynamat is for? In case you weren't sure, this is a rhetorical question, and the answer is no.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah I was confused by that comment, too.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

NoWake posted:

Oddly I dont think there is a more appropriate way to be a Raiders fan.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Lowclock posted:

Do you know what Dynamat is for? In case you weren't sure, this is a rhetorical question, and the answer is no.

Buying Dynamat is like buying monster cables, there are much cheaper and just as effective ways to get the job done.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Assuming this is what the confusion is about, the 25% info is from this method.

eg: trunk , door , quarter panel

Completely covering every surface with a slathering of deadening isn't necessary (unless you have a stake in dynamat's revenues), and should have an insulating layer on top of that to really be effective anyway.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Progressive JPEG posted:

Assuming this is what the confusion is about, the 25% info is from this method.

eg: trunk , door , quarter panel

Completely covering every surface with a slathering of deadening isn't necessary (unless you have a stake in dynamat's revenues), and should have an insulating layer on top of that to really be effective anyway.

Every time I see poo poo like Overhaulin' and those types of shows they use like 50 pounds of dynamat on the entire car. God forbid your 40 year old car actually sounds like a 40 year old car. Let's totally insulate it from all road noise so it's just a shiny speaker box.

nurrwick
Jul 5, 2007

NoWake posted:

Is the comically inappropriate wing a Raiders-fan thing, then? (:barf:)

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

are there like, paint by number guides that JC Whitney puts out for specific models of cars?

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
Thats just a Spyker C8 body kit right? Well other than a little less chrome.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

nurrwick posted:

Is the comically inappropriate wing a Raiders-fan thing, then? (:barf:)

Nah, Raiders fans just usually tend to be missing large chunks of their brain :smug:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

Let's totally insulate it from all road noise so it's just a shiny speaker box.

I think that's the point of a show like that.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

veedubfreak posted:

Every time I see poo poo like Overhaulin' and those types of shows they use like 50 pounds of dynamat on the entire car. God forbid your 40 year old car actually sounds like a 40 year old car. Let's totally insulate it from all road noise so it's just a shiny speaker box.

God forbid your 40 year old car actually corners like a 40 year old car

God forbid your 40 year old car actually brakes like a 40 year old car

God forbid your 40 year old car actually accelerates like a 40 year old car

God forbid your 40 year old paint actually looks like 40 year old paint

Overusing the product because you don't know what you're doing is one thing, but deriding someone for altering an aspect of their car is very much not in the spirit of AI.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Cakefool posted:

God forbid your 40 year old car actually corners like a 40 year old car

God forbid your 40 year old car actually brakes like a 40 year old car

God forbid your 40 year old car actually accelerates like a 40 year old car

God forbid your 40 year old paint actually looks like 40 year old paint

Overusing the product because you don't know what you're doing is one thing, but deriding someone for altering an aspect of their car is very much not in the spirit of AI.

Adding a ton of weight and spending a stupid amount of money on an item that really does take away one of the largest aspects of an old car really does alter the major factor of owning an old car. And honestly I do somewhat feel the same way about some of these old rear end cars that are basically nothing but a brand new car with the shell of an antique put on top of them.

And wow, you sure sound mad about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

See, personally, I'd love a classic Hemi Charger that rode, handled and braked like a new sports car, but take away the sound and it all seems rather hollow.

The rest are valid points, but altering the car in such a way as to lose the one thing that literally everybody agrees is great about American muscle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIlJNzSXUZk