Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Go buy DK94 from the VC right now. Best $4 you'll ever spend.

That's a Mario game, not a Donkey Kong game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've played Donkey Kong Country before. Not on a console I actually owned, went to a friends house for that. I just can't see the appeal for me. I wish they would add Super Metroid to the 3DS VC. Metroid 1 and 2 are all well and good but c'mon!

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Ularg posted:

I've played Donkey Kong Country before. Not on a console I actually owned, went to a friends house for that. I just can't see the appeal for me. I wish they would add Super Metroid to the 3DS VC. Metroid 1 and 2 are all well and good but c'mon!

I've got a big old gap on my 3DS home screen. Metroid, Metroid 2, _______, Metroid 4.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah actually, I don't like Metroid Fusion, and Metroid 1 is kinda horrible, but I'd love to be able to play Super Metroid on my 3DS. :(

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah actually, I don't like Metroid Fusion, and Metroid 1 is kinda horrible, but I'd love to be able to play Super Metroid on my 3DS. :(

Metroid Fusion got me into the series. It will always hold a special place in my heart and I loved the controls on that vs Super Metroid. Plus the Gcn's GBA connector cable would allow you to change into the fusion suit through prime. It wasn't seen often but it was still a cool addition.

Off Metroid for now, if we could get Link to the Past on the 3DS eshop, we'd have a complete Zelda timeline from ocarina to Zelda 2. that's the Hero's defeat timeline.

Edited for phone's autocorrect failure

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 30, 2013

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I forget how this works - if I buy an eShop/DSIware/Virtual Console game on 3Ds now, will I get Club Nintendo coins right away, or do I have to fill out a survey first? I'm itching to buy a few things, but I've been holding off for the new "fiscal year" when the Platinum Status resets. If I can delay the coin payouts with surveys however, I'll just buy some stuff now.

tl,dr: Can I buy a digital 3DS game now, but not get coins for it til July?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah you have to fill out the surveys to get the coins. The registration survey might expire before July, but you should be good on the post-play.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Eruonen posted:

At what time does the eStore update? I can't wait for the Zelda games!

Last time I checked the store it said they'd be putting up the Oracle games at "9 AM", though it didn't indicate what time zone.

I had Oracle of Seasons when I was a kid and unfortunately never got Ages too, so I couldn't get to see any of the cross-version stuff. For some reason I haven't had any interest in going back to play them until now, but I've heard a bunch of bad things about the dungeon design in Ages. Is there any truth to that?

I'm gonna buy them both tomorrow anyway, though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Eruonen posted:

At what time does the eStore update? I can't wait for the Zelda games!

I'd say that the fact it updates every Thursday at noon EDT deserves a mention in the title, but PAL land kind of puts a cork in that plan, not to mention individual retail releases.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I finished Picross E-2 and all I got was a medal and the staff telling me "wait for the next installment of Picross". Nice. I can't wait to spend other 20 hours on a new Picross E title. I am also trying to finish the last level of Harmoknight (the real last level, that one of the world in the clouds) and I can't tell you how much I love do a sequence of precise jumps at the right time while killing ghosts and flames and the camera zooms and rotates just to confuse you more at the final steps of the level and then die by falling in the chasm
:sbahj:

This title is good but I won't buy rhythm games after this one.

RBA Starblade posted:

I never beat either of them, and after Skyward Sword I kind of want to play more 2d Zelda. I remember playing Oracle of Ages and loving it until I got to some portion with a kangaroo or something you used to jump across holes, getting off, and somehow getting Link to a position where he couldn't get back to it, and couldn't progress further in the game without it, loving me over permanently.

Are you sure there is no way to force the game by using the oracle wand to get back to the first screen of that area and reset the kangaroo position? I can remember failing that part twice before being able to go over it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The New Super Luigi U devs have confirmed the DLC will be 1.5GB in size.

There's also a NSMBU patch that'll be out on the same day that adds support for the Pro Controller.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

There's also a NSMBU patch that'll be out on the same day that adds support for the Pro Controller.

Yes! Now if only they would allow a mix of Gamepad/Pro Controller/Wii Remotes for 4 player mode.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

The New Super Luigi U devs have confirmed the DLC will be 1.5GB in size.

Whoa, between this and Nintendo recently patching the Wii U firmware to allow changing the screen size and such, it's almost like Nintendo is starting to understand that not everyone who plays their games is happy with the exact same setup and control scheme.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wait, the flagship Mario game doesn't work with the Pro Controller? As in, the alternative controller they introduced right alongside the console to play any game a player wouldn't want to use the tablet with? That's incredibly shortsighted.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Saoshyant posted:

Wait, the flagship Mario game doesn't work with the Pro Controller? As in, the alternative controller they introduced right alongside the console to play any game a player wouldn't want to use the tablet with? That's incredibly shortsighted.

I don't think you can use the gamepad as a regular controller in multiplayer, either - whoever has the gamepad is restricted to assist mode.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Argh, I had put the 2 Zelda games on my wishlist, and it gave me a notice that "games on your wishlist are now available", but I can't actually buy them?! Because its not 9am?! I was hoping to grab them before I had to leave for work, where I won't have any WiFi....

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

limaCAT posted:

Are you sure there is no way to force the game by using the oracle wand to get back to the first screen of that area and reset the kangaroo position? I can remember failing that part twice before being able to go over it.

He could also literally just turn the game off and back on, because even if he saved I'm pretty sure the game resets your position to the last door you went through

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of May 30):

quote:

WII U eShop
    Chasing Aurora - €6.49 / £5.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    King of Fighters '98 (Neo-Geo) - 900 Points
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    50% off Ghosts 'n Goblins if you own Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts! (Wii U VC) - ends June 6
    Toki Tori 2 (Wii U eShop) - €11.24 until June 6
    Super Metroid (SNES VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until June 14

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - €39.99 / £34.99
3DS eSHOP
    THE "DENPA" MEN 2: Beyond the Waves - €9.99 / £8.99
    SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC
  • Hot-Spring Scramble (children convos, difficulty **) - €2.49 / £2.29
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC) - €5.99 / £5.39
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC) - €5.99 / £5.39
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 20
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 20

NA update (week of May 30):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (update)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES) - $4.99
    Mega Man X (SNES) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy either Ghosts 'n Goblins or Mega Man X, get the other for half price! (Wii U VC) - ends June 6
    Just Dance 4 (Wii U eShop) - 30% off the game and select DLC, ends June 4
    Super Metroid (Wii U VC Trial Campaign) - $0.30 until June 14[/i]

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Project X Zone ("imperial" demo, available June 4)
3DS eSHOP
    THE "DENPA" MEN 2: Beyond the Waves - $11.99
    Gummy Bears Mini Golf - $5.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC) - $5.99
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC) - $5.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC) - $4.99 until June 20
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC) - $4.99 until June 20

No Spelunker? You lied to me, NOA!

The MSF update includes rebalanced audio, reduced file size and an extra character skin ("Pixel Patty").

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Buy either Ghosts 'n Goblins or Mega Man X, get the other for half price! (Wii U VC) - ends June 6

What a weird sale. If you want to do this, make sure you buy GnG first. You save $1.50 extra by doing so.
$9 for both actually sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

elf help book fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 30, 2013

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Is it pacific time for the 9 am release of Zelda? Not seeing anything opening up on the east coast

Edit: autocorrect is a piece of poo poo.

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 30, 2013

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Checked out The Denpa Men 2 trailer, and wow, it's a huge improvment! The first game seemed a little light on content, but the new one seems like a pretty fleshed out old-school RPG (With worldmap, fishing mini-game and etc)

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Sitting here with my 3DS absolutely hating Nintendo for not putting SNES games on the eShop. I want Mega Man X!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

The Machine posted:

Sitting here with my 3DS absolutely hating Nintendo for not putting SNES games on the eShop. I want Mega Man X!

I will to this day never understand why people continue to complain about how there are no SNES games on the 3DS when NES games have oddly distorted resolution more often than not.

I don't want SNES games looking muddled, I want them looking Pixel perfect unless they're abusing fake transparency like KDL3.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I will to this day never understand why people continue to complain about how there are no SNES games on the 3DS when NES games have oddly distorted resolution more often than not.

I can personally live with it, I don't want SNES games looking muddled, I want them looking Pixel perfect unless they're abusing fake transparency like KDL3.

Because I want to play Super Metroid?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Spiffster posted:

Is it pacific time for the 9 am release of Zelda? Not seeing anything opening up on the east coast

Edit: autocorrect is a piece of poo poo.

You might be able to find it on the store before it updates if you use the search feature. I've been playing Oracle of Ages for a couple of hours now.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Better a stretched Link to the Past than no LTTP at all, I say.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

KimT posted:

You might be able to find it on the store before it updates if you use the search feature. I've been playing Oracle of Ages for a couple of hours now.

Nope. Search still says 9 am release coming soon. It's 10:30 now

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

limaCAT posted:

This was years ago but from what I remember the kangaroo's position would not reset. I also tried restarting the game but I would end up on one side of the screen and the kangaroo remained on the other, across a pit.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
The Oracle games aren't showing up for me either. Weird that they would appear hours earlier to other people.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I really wish SNES VC games were available on 3DS. I'd buy every single SNES game they have for my 3DS, but I don't really care about buying them for my WiiU. I've got an actual SNES still, but playing those games on the go whenever I have my 3ds would be super cool. :smith:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

They really should not have put "Available at 9 AM" without a specific time zone. Its 10:30 where I live and the Oracles aren't available yet.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

Behonkiss posted:

The Oracle games aren't showing up for me either. Weird that they would appear hours earlier to other people.

Huh. They showed up and downloaded just fine for me. The only reason I'm not playing them right the gently caress now is that I've vowed to finish Zelda 2 and Link's Awakening first.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Welcome to my past 2 or so hours. Why did they choose 9 anyway and not midnight? :iiam:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Is current Club Nintendo game Art Style: Aquia any good?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Still Fluxing posted:

Huh. They showed up and downloaded just fine for me. The only reason I'm not playing them right the gently caress now is that I've vowed to finish Zelda 2 and Link's Awakening first.

I take it the service isn't contiguous, and some of the servers aren't updated yet even if they should've been already.

Spiffster posted:

Welcome to my past 2 or so hours. Why did they choose 9 anyway and not midnight? :iiam:

They've never updated the eShop at Midnight. It would make more sense to do so but nobody does that it seems.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

RBA Starblade posted:

This was years ago but from what I remember the kangaroo's position would not reset. I also tried restarting the game but I would end up on one side of the screen and the kangaroo remained on the other, across a pit.
Did you try leaving the area? Or returning to the screen where you first meet the Kangaroo?

The oracle games had their problems, but I don't think you could make the game completely un-winnable by simply resetting during an animal buddy section.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Ages is available for download but seasons is not. :wtc: Nintendo

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Hah, So Ages is up for me, but Seasons still shows as 'Coming Soon'

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Maybe try restarting the system or something, they're both up for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:
I got both Ages and Seasons just a moment ago. No restart. v:v:v

Also MEG A MAN and GhostsnGobblers is a pretty neat deal, I gotta give a shout out to elf help book for the best way to get the deal. Thanks dawg.

elf help book posted:

What a weird sale. If you want to do this, make sure you buy GnG first. You save $1.50 extra by doing so.
$9 for both actually sounds like a pretty good deal to me.