Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Your possessions consist of one loincloth and one giant tooth on a string which you are wearing, the necklace of prettily cut shells your not-mother once gave you on your birthday and a string used to tie your hair. That is it.

You only have one place you could conceivably hide the giant tooth and you would probably bleed out in less than five minutes if you tried to hide it there.

No one seems to care, so far, that you have it.

As someone else asked, you have no shells, besides the ones in your necklace.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
A

A/C

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Are we still just carrying the big tooth? May want to put that somewhere safe. Or at least cover it.

What? This giant blood soaked sharks tooth? Oh, it's nothing. Everyone in the village carries one. We use them to pick our teeth after... Wait... Umm...

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
And also to channel our mana.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Eryxias posted:

A friend!

2. +
The king can give us a lot of insight, and the kid can probably teach us a lot of things the adults take for granted, or may want to keep secret. Kids will tell us everything they know.

SAME!

I want a friend.

And if we get a chance, ask the ling about the magic understandy voicey thingo.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
I'm not sure whether we should be excited or distrustful but we need a friend dammit!

2. +

Also could we ask our mom who our fake mom was?

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
1. A
2. A + G

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're still in our loincloth? We're not some hut dwelling savage anymore, Ask for some real clothes dammit!

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
2. +

A friend seems like a good idea. We could reaaally use some practice with the whole 'basic socializing' thing.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Might be ok to stay 'primitive' given our new name until we are forced in another direction. We might like a bag to sling over our shoulder (for carrying the tooth)... We can ask our new friend if he can get us something like that to help with the gathering of things he is always doing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

jazzyhattrick posted:

We're still in our loincloth? We're not some hut dwelling savage anymore, Ask for some real clothes dammit!

They aren't carrying anything in our size. The men are huge, and the kid is much smaller than us. Besides, we'd probably find wearing civilized clothes itchy and uncomfortable.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
1. Plan OhYo.
2. &

UppaTree posted:

Also, I'd just like to note that I voted for Asherah AND El worship way back when, and I'm still okay with that. Our old village was full of cannibals and worshipped a cannibalistic Leviathan-thing, but we're currently on the way to worshipping Old Testament Yahweh. He may well be the One True God, but after we see how he deals with disbelief, it'll be just like home.

We have a choice between a FishGod that will drown your village if you disobey him, and a OneGod that will drown the world if you disobey him.

Thank you, this needed to be said. Not saying we should rock the boat without good cause, but everyone should keep in mind that monotheistic religions in ancient times were not exactly bastions of flexibility, tolerance, or cross-cultural acceptance. It's very likely that these guys have their own ways of being tremendous assholes. We should not expect everything to be hunky-dory from now on.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

jazzyhattrick posted:

MINIVOTE: Do you ask for clothes like the other male outsiders and the boy are wearing? You are wearing a loincloth, they are all wearing much more clothing than you have ever seen anyone wear before. Your mother is wearing what may be described as a slip or a dress, essentially a piece of cloth with a hole for arms and legs and a belt tied at the hip, the same thing the other woman and the child are wearing, and the men seem to be wearing something similar, with armor ontop of it.

You are wearing a loincloth and nothing else. Which is what all of your people wore. Even the women. Who went topless. Your mother looks rather odd in her new clothing.

QUESTION 3. Do you ask for new clothing, like the others?

I. YES!
II. NO!

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 31, 2013

XOXO
Mar 8, 2013

Ask me about being weaker than a 60 year-old British woman.

Sun's out, guns out! We'll have plenty of time to hide the body Asherah gave us once we get to Zepath.

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
No. Lets keep to the ways of our old people in some fashion, sense of decency be damned.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Nope. Let them clothe us first. Dont ask for it

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I vote 1, ask for some clothes. It'd be nice to fit in for once.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
We should ask our mother if she thinks they have anything that would fit us

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
No

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

No. But if they are offered to us we should accept them.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
2 I'm all for embracing the new life, but we should be fine until we make camp or whenever they can find a set of clothes.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Vote NO We aren't tamed yet.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If they offer clothing for us, sure. But don't ask. Let Lil Enki hang wild and free for just a bit longer.

Random Idiot
Mar 15, 2001
1. B

2. A + G

I'd like to see some more G votes (the oldest dude) because if anyone is likely to tell you awesome stories that don't exaggerate how great things are, it's going to be the old guy.

No new clothes.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
No clothes.

A bag that can be slung. Probably leather please, but hey... Anything that we can work out to carry the tooth and such. As I recall it is as large as the hand of a grown villager? To big for wearing at the moment?

Man... Did we really clearly consider the whole topless women thing clearly enough in previous decisions?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Enkidel is an awesome name, way better than Og.

Voting 1A, 2AB.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Cathair posted:

Thank you, this needed to be said. Not saying we should rock the boat without good cause, but everyone should keep in mind that monotheistic religions in ancient times were not exactly bastions of flexibility, tolerance, or cross-cultural acceptance. It's very likely that these guys have their own ways of being tremendous assholes. We should not expect everything to be hunky-dory from now on.

Yeah, I think we're gonna have to make a choice eventually. El and the giants angels are, as mentioned quite biblical.
I'd be quite surprised if Asherah doesn't turn out to be some form of demon based on what we currently know.
It kinda goes without saying that the two don't mix very well.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

No one ever asked us. How presumptuous to ask for clothing. wait for someone to offer it to us. /not-sarcastic

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. A
2. A and H
3. No

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

1. Plan OhYo - We are the noblest of mysterious savages, and we've got a rep to maintain

2. A and G - Simply because they're the two that can apparently understand us, and would know the most about stuff, respectively.

3. Freeball it, yo

Our hair may be gone, but the great hunger will remain in our heart.

Also, for everyone that wants to throw Asherah under the bus and kneel down for a big load of El, remember that we as a child decided we believe in both gods. 5 years of belief, reinforced by physical 'evidence' (seeing whales/Dad powers etc) isn't going to just vanish after a day of scare stories and a wise king who knows our language. They'll have to beat it out of us! :v:

Yea it's getting pretty obvious that Asherahs a demon now, but hey, I just think its a more interesting story than 'Heathen savage saved by the king, who smites demons in the name of (insert good god here)' v:shobon:v

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 31, 2013

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

1. A 2. A + C

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A friend!

2. and
Friends and old people are new and exciting. The king and other men are too intimidating for us to bother them much.

We're not dressed weird, everyone else is dressed weird.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
We oughta take the tooth and cut our arm so we remember this day. A haircut innit gunna do it. Later we can tell chicks all different lies about how we got the scar. Might get the tooth swiped though. But for us, this scar is Og. We already got the head scar from the last divine intervention.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

maxhush posted:

Yea it's getting pretty obvious that Asherahs a demon now, but hey, I just think its a more interesting story than 'Heathen savage saved by the king, who smites demons in the name of (insert good god here)' v:shobon:v

I agree, but heck, it may well be that the demons are the good guys anyway considering the sources of inspiration from this CYOA. Practically everyone who reads Paradise Lost ends up rooting for Satan. He's one of the classic antiheroes of literature.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
NO.

Let our cock be like the stars and stripes, flying free. :911:

Also I am voting Plan Big Brother.

Random Idiot
Mar 15, 2001

Sogol posted:

We oughta take the tooth and cut our arm so we remember this day.

Waiting for the rebellious teen phase where we get a tattoo of an electric eel with glowing red eyes.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
1. A
2. A + D
3. I

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Genpei Turtle posted:

I agree, but heck, it may well be that the demons are the good guys anyway considering the sources of inspiration from this CYOA. Practically everyone who reads Paradise Lost ends up rooting for Satan. He's one of the classic antiheroes of literature.

Maybe if the first option we chose in this CYOA was "A", we could have been Asherah.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
A, A+C, and no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
1. A Friends are good. This could be a long-term friend.
2. A and G. The King because we probably won't get a chance to in the future; and the old man because old people always have the best stories.
3. NO If they get uncomfortable and want us to change; so be it; but I like the loincloth. So comfortable. It's not like it's ever so cold that we need to cover up. How do they swim in those baggy things?