Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

An acquaintance of mine just liked a page called "You Just Got Friendzoned".

Dude.

DUDE.

DUDE.

I thought my facebook feed was safe from this kind of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I was explaining the friendzone to my friend yesterday. He kept insisting it was a real thing and I got increasingly baffled until he was like "you know, dude, you're in my friendzone" and basically just thought it was where you put all friends of both genders. When I finally managed to articulate the horrible internet version he was shocked.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

Friends Are Evil posted:

An acquaintance of mine just liked a page called "You Just Got Friendzoned".

Dude.

The baffling thing about this is that someone thinks "my little girl" is even remotely appropriate as a term of endearment for someone you're attracted to :psyduck:.

Ballin Stalin
Dec 29, 2009

by Lowtax
Oh goody my buddies at Prepare To Take America Back are back at it again.

:supaburn: FIRST WE ALLOW GAY PEOPLE TO DO THINGS AND NOW LOOK! MUSLIMS ARE DOING THINGS NOW TOO AHHHHHHHHHH :supaburn:

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Ballin Stalin posted:

Oh goody my buddies at Prepare To Take America Back are back at it again.

:supaburn: FIRST WE ALLOW GAY PEOPLE TO DO THINGS AND NOW LOOK! MUSLIMS ARE DOING THINGS NOW TOO AHHHHHHHHHH :supaburn:

Wait. Basingstoke, Hampshire, England, right?

Edit: take America back? I presume then it's a pro-American monarchy group? gently caress te revolution and all that?

Dabbo
Aug 20, 2010

Fandyien posted:

I was explaining the friendzone to my friend yesterday. He kept insisting it was a real thing and I got increasingly baffled until he was like "you know, dude, you're in my friendzone" and basically just thought it was where you put all friends of both genders. When I finally managed to articulate the horrible internet version he was shocked.

I went through something very similar with a friend, they thought it was just feeling sad when a friend doesn't reciprocate your feelings. Likewise, when I filled them in they got really upset. A big part of why that poo poo can go unchallenged is just that most people don't know the actual meaning of it and will even use it with no clue to the negative connotations. Same with stuff like "nice guys" and "misandry", now that I think about it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

lenoon posted:

Edit: take America back? I presume then it's a pro-American monarchy group? gently caress te revolution and all that?

More of a "Take America back from the Muslims, Gays, and Liberals" kind of group.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Met posted:

More of a "Take America back from the Muslims, Gays, and Liberals" kind of group.

Then why the gently caress are they saying 'we repeal don't ask don't tell and then something happens over the atlantic'?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

lenoon posted:

Then why the gently caress are they saying 'we repeal don't ask don't tell and then something happens over the atlantic'?

I think the important context you're missing here is that they are idiots.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

lenoon posted:

It seems to attract a lot of attention from US based nutjobs. The Westboro Baptists had once planned a protest there but the border agency banned them from the country.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

OmniDesol posted:

I think the important context you're missing here is that they are idiots.

I just can't get my head around that, at loving all.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

I don't get it. He's making a joke about soul music?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I don't get it. He's making a joke about soul music?

He's saying that light skin indicating lack of a soul doesn't make sense because it would suggest that black people actually had souls.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

No Your Other Left posted:

He's saying that light skin indicating lack of a soul doesn't make sense because it would suggest that black people actually had souls.

You're reading into it way too much, it's a joke about soul (food, music, brother), like have you never heard the term soul used in 70's black movies and songs?

Ballin Stalin
Dec 29, 2009

by Lowtax

lenoon posted:

They're all about anarchy and overthrowing the government, but rather than actually addressing injustices and raising awareness of the tyrannical tendencies of the US government, they mean "our darkie president hasn't made it legal to shoot other darkies and faggots yet". They've basically said this, but with "veiled" racism and homophobia that still manages to be less subtle than what I posted above. I'll have to find it.

Also I too hate misandry and child abuse and other such terrible things, but it's funny how :stare: this list gets.

Oh, and have a great t-shirt for sale:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=504339339621100&set=a.351212731600429.92717.350771908311178&type=1&theater

Ballin Stalin has a new favorite as of 02:24 on May 30, 2013

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

swampland posted:

You're reading into it way too much, it's a joke about soul (food, music, brother), like have you never heard the term soul used in 70's black movies and songs?

This is what I figured the joke was. I mean, I guess the whole "gingers don't have souls!" thing is insulting to gingers but other than that it seems like a fairly cute/harmless joke.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Ballin Stalin posted:

They're all about anarchy and overthrowing the government, but rather than actually addressing injustices and raising awareness of the tyrannical tendencies of the US government, they mean "our darkie president hasn't made it legal to shoot other darkies and faggots yet". They've basically said this, but with "veiled" racism and homophobia that still manages to be less subtle than what I posted above. I'll have to find it.

Also I too hate misandry and child abuse and other such terrible things, but it's funny how :stare: this list gets.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=504339339621100&set=a.351212731600429.92717.350771908311178&type=1&theater

I like how it says "This is America" but uses "arsehole". How much you wanna bet it was some lovely EDL/BNP meme from the UK with the America mention added in?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

This is what I figured the joke was. I mean, I guess the whole "gingers don't have souls!" thing is insulting to gingers but other than that it seems like a fairly cute/harmless joke.

Person that posted it was a small-statured, pale-skinned, dyed-red "ginger" girl. I figured it'd be a palate cleanse between the MRA and EDL poo poo.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I like how it says "This is America" but uses "arsehole". How much you wanna bet it was some lovely EDL/BNP meme from the UK with the America mention added in?

So much of their stuff seems to be from British sources - there isn't a Psyduck big enough.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Silly Hippie posted:

The baffling thing about this is that someone thinks "my little girl" is even remotely appropriate as a term of endearment for someone you're attracted to :psyduck:.

I guess that every song where someone's called 'baby' are no longer appropriate, either. :colbert:

In another vein, notice he calls her "My Little Girl." To me, that sound disturbingly close to "My Little Pony". Maybe it's the brony mating call,

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ballin Stalin posted:

The ban is only on goat humping.
That implies Americans are free to hump other animals, it's just goats that's a no-no. Goat humping just plain ain't American :911:

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012

Serperoth posted:

The ban is only on goat humping.
That implies Americans are free to hump other animals, it's just goats that's a no-no. Goat humping just plain ain't American :911:

Goats are notoriously bad lays. Terrible kissers, too.

Killing Flies
Jun 30, 2007

We've got to have rules and obey them. After all, we're not savages. We're English, and the English are best at everything.

Khazar-khum posted:

I guess that every song where someone's called 'baby' are no longer appropriate, either. :colbert:

In another vein, notice he calls her "My Little Girl." To me, that sound disturbingly close to "My Little Pony". Maybe it's the brony mating call,

Or perhaps a russian or russophile. девушка моя - my little girl - is sometimes used as a term of endearment.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
I'm starting to get worried about the guy I know posting these things.

Most of what he posts is standard Reddity atheist-libertarian-paranoid stuff nowadays.

E: vvv he has a BS, if that counts.

Tardigrade has a new favorite as of 16:00 on May 30, 2013

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Tardigrade posted:

I'm starting to get worried about the guy I know posting these things.

Most of what he posts is standard Reddity atheist-libertarian-paranoid stuff nowadays.

Is he in college or previously went to college? I've rarely if ever run into anyone who lords their college education over anyone (at least at the undergrad level), but I know a lot of people who like to assume "college degree = they secretly think they're better/smarter than me!!!"

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Kimmalah posted:

Is he in college or previously went to college? I've rarely if ever run into anyone who lords their college education over anyone (at least at the undergrad level), but I know a lot of people who like to assume "college degree = they secretly think they're better/smarter than me!!!"

Yeah, there are people who have an inflated ego over their degree, but for every person who's :smug: about their college degree, there is another person (like that dude most likely) who's equally as :smuggo: about their lack of a college degree, so it balances out.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

dijon du jour posted:

Yeah, there are people who have an inflated ego over their degree, but for every person who's :smug: about their college degree, there is another person (like that dude most likely) who's equally as :smuggo: about their lack of a college degree, so it balances out.

Yeah, I don't mean that absolutely no one is super smug about their degree just that I don't run into it that often. It could be a regional thing, since most people where I live don't really go to college so anything beyond high school is kind of seen as being uppity I think.

It's really awkward when my mom or dad go off on rants about how people with college degrees are know-it-alls, since they seem to forget I have one too. :cripes:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
They didn't forget.

Edit: vvv Case and point.

ThatPazuzu has a new favorite as of 17:37 on May 30, 2013

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

ThatPazuzu posted:

They didn't forget.

I guess that's why they went to the trouble of paying for both of their kids to go to college. :rolleyes:

Actually they're just complaining about the people at their jobs mostly. They're factory workers and love to complain about the college educated engineers all the time.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

The original poster is bad enough for over-explaining his own post but that second comment... man, oh man.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
A Facebook friend of mine likes this woman who roleplays as an anime character. Here's a rare out-of-character post from her:

Full disclosure: I love this show, but this is beyond pathetic.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...She does realize that she'd be in for a world of STD-ridden trouble if she seriously did try to fully emulate Panty, right? :stare:

And before anyone jumps on me: Panty is... Extremely promiscuous (as in one of her life goals is to screw 1,000 men, and she actually manages to do it by the series' finale). And the creators have explicitly stated the only reason she never caught anything was because she was still an angel of heaven.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
She also admitted to doing one-on-one sexual RPs online as Panty.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
anime is loving weird

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
:freep: ARE GUNS!
:byodood: Founding Fathers!

I had a bad start to my day, so I decided "gently caress it" and jumped into the fray. Usually avoid the poo poo this guy says. I'm blue.

E: Red just responded with "It's so the government can track how much ammo people have!" :tinfoil: much?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

its all nice on rice has a new favorite as of 17:35 on May 31, 2013

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Pope Mobile posted:

:freep: ARE GUNS!
:byodood: Founding Fathers!

I had a bad start to my day, so I decided "gently caress it" and jumped into the fray. Usually avoid the poo poo this guy says. I'm blue.

E: Red just responded with "It's so the government can track how much ammo people have!" :tinfoil: much?

What astounds me is that people seems to think they will actually be able to fight off the US Gubberment on that imaginary day when they come to take their guns.

Additionally, when people start quoting the dictionary, you know no headway will ever be made.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

I kind of just want to respond with 'we' hate him? How did that we work out in 2012?

:smug:

Amused to Death has a new favorite as of 20:09 on May 31, 2013

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

York_M_Chan posted:

What astounds me is that people seems to think they will actually be able to fight off the US Gubberment on that imaginary day when they come to take their guns.

Additionally, when people start quoting the dictionary, you know no headway will ever be made.

Hey man I looked up those definitions in a reputable dictionary (read: Google).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

You commie. The only reputable dictionary that exists is the one that translates all them gay Shakespeare words in the back of my King James Bible.

• Locked thread