Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dacap posted:

It's not that bad, she can change back to human. The dude covered in eyes has it way worse.

That dude should teach his own class at the mansion.

He's already got lots of pupils! :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dacap posted:

It's not that bad, she can change back to human. The dude covered in eyes has it way worse.
Nah, his powers are rapidly turning out to be the coolest. He can see everything. He can see magic. He can see what you're going to do and all your emotional tells. If you left the slightest trail, he can see that. He can see exactly how to beat you.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
He can also see what was happening in Glob Herman, after Glob at a bunch of maggoty dinosaur meet. And, couldn't close his eyes.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

CapnAndy posted:

Nah, his powers are rapidly turning out to be the coolest. He can see everything. He can see magic. He can see what you're going to do and all your emotional tells. If you left the slightest trail, he can see that. He can see exactly how to beat you.

Plus he can do that super :krad: thing where a character poses midair shooting two targets behind him perfectly and it makes sense. Plus he knows his powers arent good in a fight so he just decided to use guns. I dig it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dacap posted:

Is he any relation to the one from New X-Men who had extra mouths on her neck, the most useful application of which was basically super-ventriloquism?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I just started reading Journey into Mystery. I am attempting not to spam this thread too much.

JiM 622

Volstagg!

JiM 623

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Lobok posted:

That dude should teach his own class at the mansion.

He's already got lots of pupils! :xd:

You can just go right out and gently caress yourself, Mister Man.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Volstagg!

Journey into Mystery 630

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Uthor posted:

Volstagg!

Journey into Mystery 630

The norse gods shouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses:

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Man that shark girl really got shafted in terms of the x-gene she got.
At least she has a power, Ugly John's mutation was that he was really ugly:

(From New X-Men)

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 2, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Alhazred posted:

At least she has a power, Ugly John's mutation was that he was really ugly:

(From New X-Men)

That's not even a Mutation, that's just a mutation.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Alhazred posted:

Why must I be the pedantic motherfucker? Look at which way the arms of the cross are bent.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm going to double-down on pedantry and mention that it doesn't matter which way it's facing because it's a bi-directional symbol.

Also, norse gods throw loving hammers in their glass houses - hammers with engraved swastikas on them - so it's no wonder they'd hate nazis for co-opting their symbol.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

MikeJF posted:

That's not even a Mutation, that's just a mutation.

Well, I guess it's only a matter of time before Spider Jerusalem shows up.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

I'm going to double-down on pedantry and mention that it doesn't matter which way it's facing because it's a bi-directional symbol.

Also, norse gods throw loving hammers in their glass houses - hammers with engraved swastikas on them - so it's no wonder they'd hate nazis for co-opting their symbol.

That and the swastika I believe has origins in Hindu and other Asian culture as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

The Nazi's pretty much killed it.

quote:

The swastika literally means "to be good"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
So, the Nazi's were only using it ironically?
Hipster Hitler would have a field day.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

So, the Nazi's were only using it ironically?
Hipster Hitler would have a field day.

Petty sure Hipster Hitler had a comic about that.

EDIT: It did

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Whatever, it's just a story.

JiM 630

Loki loves the internet.

JiM 631

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God, JiM was so good.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It still is, just differently so.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Got this from a Cracked.com article. Apparently this is from one of those mini-comics that used to come with toys.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Got this from a Cracked.com article. Apparently this is from one of those mini-comics that used to come with toys.

... and that is where babies come from.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Bruce Banner and his science team travel to Jotunheim, where they meet up with Thor. They accidentally time-traveled though, to a time before Thor hung out on Earth regularly. Back in the day he was a little more... gullible, let's say.

Indestructible Hulk #8

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Another day, another batch of JiM panels! I'm skipping all the Thori ones as those were posted when the issues first came out.

The gods are trying to be nicer to the humans.

I know where this is going...

Yup!

JiM 632

Team ups!

JiM 634

And I never get tired of all the internet jokes.

JiM 634 and 636

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I do believe that girl got a squishable stuffed grumpy cat. Best santa.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

This is actually Chumley, the cat of Mitch & Bettie Breitweisers (artists of the issue)
http://dismang.deviantart.com/art/Chumley-116863539

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Bandette is pretty fun, you guys:

Sometimes there's even a little action:

Bandette #1 & #4, respectively.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Is Bandette available in a trade yet or is it digital only? I adore everything I've seen of it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The is the first I've seen of Bandette and now I want more.

Uthor posted:

Someone please please please tell me they have the sequence to Savage Wolverine #5 where Hulk yells, "Hulk Smash!", jumps at Cthulhu, bunch of awesome/funny stuff happens, and Cho comments "That was pretty awesome and funny." Because it is. Awesome and funny.

You can throw it into the funny panels thread for me if you want.

Some awesome and funny pages from Savage Wolverine #5

I think my favorite detail is the whale's sound effect being "Chump".

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 9, 2013

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Sentinel Red posted:

Is Bandette available in a trade yet or is it digital only? I adore everything I've seen of it.

The publisher has announced print versions of a few of their titles, but I don't think Bandette is one of them yet. As far as I know, comiXology is the only place to get it at the moment.

Still, totally worth the three bucks it took me to catch up:

I think that's from #4 as well...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think the plan is to publish singles on Comixology, then print trades when enough issues are in the can, which Bandette hasn't quite hit yet.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

RandallODim posted:

I think my favorite detail is the whale's sound effect being "Chump".

Thanks! But the first two images aren't coming up (for me, at least).

Uthor fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 9, 2013

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Uthor posted:

Thanks! But the first two images aren't coming up (for me, at least).

Ah crap, I was trying to get imgur to stop converting those two to .jpgs, and must've deleted the ones I actually ended up posting too. Fixed it now!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I have a question about this thread. I know that funny pages from Marvel/DC/Dark Horse/ Independent comics are allowed, but where do you stand on Twisted Toyfare Theatre (the comic series feature toys, mostly Marvel ones) that used to run in Wizard and Toyfare magazine? Are they allowed or is that over the pale? Since I have a lot of scans of those that I consider funny.

Anyway, to keep this post helpful, here's some pages I always found amusing. Let's travel back in time to the 90's. Back when Mark Gruenwald was writing Captain America. Let's just say that by and large, Cap and his foes were a bit less focused and intense then they are nowadays.

How so?

Well consider this. The Red Skull was revealed to be alive in Issue 350 after being dead for a good 50 issues, and he was operating in Washington in a cloned body of Captain America. About 40 or so issues of people breaking into his Washington hideout, the Skull get's fed up and decides to leave. But why did the Skull set up shop in the nation's capital?
Was it a part of a scheme to kill the president? To take over Congress?
No, it was because he liked being able to point his gun at buildings.

Source: Captain America Volume 1, issue 393.

Still, the Skull ran a tight ship. He had a squad of loyal super villains that he called his Skeleton Krew. He must have treated them well, right?

I just love how Crossbones after he is fired goes STRAIGHT to his room and starts sulking, like he's a 14 year old kid. In fact his room looks like that of a 14 year old kid.

Source: Captain America Volume 1, issue 394.

Bonus scan, here is the Skull and his Krew escaping from a German team of superheroes who were putting them on trial for war crimes. The Skull get's away by having Armin Zola show up with Avenger's Impersonators to take them into custody. The "Avengers" are really bioplastiods who have shape shifted themselves to look like the Avenger's. But what about the Quinn Jet they are flying in?

Answer: Ewww. But evil points for hoping you killed somebody at the end there Skull.

Source: Captain America Volume 1, issue 393.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I have that issue of Captain America and I always chuckle at Bones running his finger on the "ceiling" like that...partly because I wonder if he was stupid enough to eat some.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's a real shame that Gruenwald's interminable run is what followed JM Dematteis' run, where he took a lot of the cast in a more mature and psychologically intense direction.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
Meanwhile, around the same time, Tom DeFalco (with Paul Ryan) followed up Walt Simonson's phenomenal run on FF by answering all your questions about Skrull/Human biology. Source: Fantastic Four 385.

I always wonder if DeFalco is just in denial when he goes on about how fans loved what he was doing and talks about how the sales just kept climbing, or if he really believes that he was doing great work and revitalizing the franchise.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Small, but funny: In Daredevil: End of Days' conclusion (#8), the Daily Bugle is sending out its final print edition, and the lead story is the Daredevil piece that Ben Urich had been working on until his death the previous issue. But the funny part is in the bottom right.

You'll get 'em one day, JJ. :unsmith:

(Also for any 12 year olds in the crowd, the fap sound is Urich's kid hitting a punching bag)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kid Urich does a lot of fapping those couple pages.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Nick Fury: Agent of Wearing Nothing

Possible :nws::nms:

From Nick Fury Vs Shield.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TwoPair posted:

Small, but funny: In Daredevil: End of Days' conclusion (#8), the Daily Bugle is sending out its final print edition, and the lead story is the Daredevil piece that Ben Urich had been working on until his death the previous issue.

Ben Urich is dead? :smith:

TwoPair posted:

You'll get 'em one day, JJ. :unsmith:

From Spidey Super Stories #26

Oh Jonah :allears:

• Locked thread