Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Next episode looks like something straight out of Jonny Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Red posted:

Where is Brock??
Tearing poo poo up with OSI, clearly.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Red posted:

Where is Brock??

I hope they don't do another season without him in most of it.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Anti Doodle Bugs :hand motion:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I missed the preview, can someone spoil it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Uncle Wemus posted:

Im starting to think that Doc and The Monarch are related somehow.

I have been claiming this for years. I think the Monarch is Doc's disowned younger brother or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I actually like that this show goes away for just long enough that you forget how absolutely incredible it is, so when it comes back it's like... a roofie cycle.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Rirse posted:

It looked like a Johnny Quest style jungle adventure.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I have been claiming this for years. I think the Monarch is Doc's disowned younger brother or something.

Given Jonas's swinger parties and Dr. Quym i'd say its likely.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
oh christ we're getting a st. cloud helmet in tf2 :eng99:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just saw Brock, but it was in a commercial for... a video game that's like 9 years old? What?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Wow.. That was messed up. I think I forget how messed up the show can be.

I am now excited to see more of Billy and White with a Nemesis. The perfect Nemesis for them!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat, that was INSANE!

Now the difficult task of figuring out a new thread title...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I like that Gary is competent, but in a different way than Brock. Brock would have been all murder-machine from the get-go. Gary can herd the cats that is the new Team Venture. I also really appreciate that Doc, even when he's trying, is a really lovely super-scientist. He just plays Oregon Trail and then mixes narcotics and antibiotics.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
That was well worth the wait. Doc and Jackson said this season would have the most depth and they believe their best writing, and they have not disappointed.

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

My guess was that the Monarch played the role of Rusty Venture in the Rusty Venture television show - the rusty venture character has pointy ears and buck teeth. In one episode, Rusty mentions how he doesn't get any royalty money from the show - I think the Monarch gets it and that's how he funds all of his stuff.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
God drat that was worth the wait!

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

axleblaze posted:

Eat the pennies

Could you find anything better? That line made me fall on the floor laughing.

Vira
Mar 6, 2007
Awesome, everything was fantastic. So that Halloween episode was supposed to happen during the middle of that episode correct? I guess they wont be replaying it later?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I don't remember the last time I was this satisfied.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
After being reminded of the awesome Venture Universe and playing Champions Online and DC Universe Online recently, I now really want a ridiculous Venture-themed MMO. There all the assholes, trolls and incompetents can just be part of the canon.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Gumbercules posted:

My guess was that the Monarch played the role of Rusty Venture in the Rusty Venture television show - the rusty venture character has pointy ears and buck teeth. In one episode, Rusty mentions how he doesn't get any royalty money from the show - I think the Monarch gets it and that's how he funds all of his stuff.

I love this theory.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Venture Brothers how I've missed thee. :allears:

That episode was hilarious and really encapsulates everything that's great about the Venture Brothers.

Spoiler below obviously:
I really like Billy's new nemesis, there's going to be a lot of hilarity involving those guys in the future.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

axleblaze posted:

"Eat the pennies." St. Cloud is well on his way to being one of my favorite characters :allears:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

precision posted:

I just saw Brock, but it was in a commercial for... a video game that's like 9 years old? What?

There are several Venture items in TF2, the America's #1 war-themed hat simulator.

Maybe the Engineer will get a HeLPER-themed turret at some point.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh my god I was in stitches the whole goddamn time. I nearly lost at the sci fi line and all the loving star wars references.

VENTURE BROTHERS is back baby!

Glad to see Dean didn't went completely emo on us.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
So I guess we get two shirts for a double-length?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

axleblaze posted:

Venture Brothers Season V: "Dude, why do you still have boobs!?"

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
My vote is going for, "Eat the Pennies!" as well.

I love White.

Hopefully we're going to get some Order of the Triad soon.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Seriously, Jesus, that kicked the poo poo out of even the second season premiere. I missed this show so much. I always hoped that St. Cloud would get the Doc Hammer treatment and become a real character since he was just some nameless dude in Tag Sale.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 3, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Jet Jaguar posted:

There are several Venture items in TF2, the America's #1 war-themed hat simulator.

Maybe the Engineer will get a HeLPER-themed turret at some point.

And then every hero in DotA2 will get Henchman uniforms.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

404GoonNotFound posted:

And then every hero in DotA2 will get Henchman uniforms.

I hope we get customizable creep models. Monarch henchmen, osi, and sphinx (sphinx!).

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Gumbercules posted:

This is nearly identical to my theory, except that Doc played the role of Rusty Venture, and the Monarch was born when Doc was a few years old, after the show started. Jonas Sr. couldn't handle TWO Rusty Venture kids, so he claimed Doc as his son, while abandoning the Monarch in Mexico, leaving him for dead, and setting up a fake inheritance for him just in case he survived and made it back to the States. That way the Monarch would grow up thinking his REAL family was dead. :ssh:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
There was pretty much no part of that premier that wasn't absolutely perfect in my eyes. Every line, every character was written so sharply that I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. I particularly loved every scene with Billy and Pete, and how the Monarch and Gary sort of rubbed off on each other.

Edit: My vote is for "Just eat the Pennies" as well.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Eat the pennies, Billy. Do it. Eat them. Eat the pennies.

So loving worth the wait. I'm pumped for more.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know most people only know Urbaniak as Rusty, but in some Googling around just now I saw that Hal Hartley's started his third film in the Henry Fool trilogy, to be called Ned Rifle (I have no idea why he has a different last name than his dad and his mom Fay Grim).

Urbaniak will be once again returning as Simon Grim.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Rirse posted:

I'm sure it'll go up on youtube or adultswim.com pretty soon, but basically: A pterodactyl attacks the Venture Bros jet in midair, Hank parachutes out for some reason, Hatred tries shooting the pterodactyl through the roof of the jet, but only destroys a bunch of equipment, leading to Hatred and Rusty plummeting in some sort of escape pod. Also, there was a cheetah guy with a rifle, and some Mayan pyramid looking stuff.

So basically, an old school Johnny quest style adventure. If it's half as good as "Escape to the House of Mummies Part II", I'll be a happy man.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

That was fantastic, and it's only the first episode! I used to think it would be impossible to beat the season 4 ending, but if they keep this up... drat

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Hey so was this one an hour long or was it two new episodes back to back? Can't wait to see it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Umph posted:

Hey so was this one an hour long or was it two new episodes back to back? Can't wait to see it!

It was an hour long.

This show really hit the ground running again. Just right back up to top form.