Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I suck with anyone but Wonder Woman so it's not surprising. Do you Main Bain as it look like your card thing shows? If so I'd like to play against him more with my WW. I have problems with him a lot.

Yep, Bane's my favorite dude and he's pretty much my main guy for beating up pubbies, dunno how well I'd do against WW though. Would probably just get thrown around and get annoyed at my venom timing out at bad moments. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
And for anyone who's interested, I will be starting a PSN goon room in about 15 minutes (9:40 PM EST)

:getin:

E: WE ARE AT FULL POWER

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 3, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

It's a continuous 60 second timer. Honestly just pick your person and constantly mash X until you get into the fight, works for me!

Just realized nunsex is a PSN player. You should add Shnucka 'cuz I am a fun guy sometimes.

Added you maybe we'll play tomorrow :D

Edit I do have like 15 minutes if you want to do like a couple 1v1s. I see you are in KotH though.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 3, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Is Zekendorf a goon?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Sweet cat woman, that's about it for the night for me though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Sweet cat woman, that's about it for the night for me though.

Ah sorry, wasn't at the computer. Next time you wanna 1v1 just msg me, goons always get priority!

Let's just say your first health bar was a warm-up and never speak of it again.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

Let's just say your first health bar was a warm-up and never speak of it again.

Speak of it all you want. I need to learn how to counter her. I don't fight many Catwomans'. Good night.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Yeah, Zekendorf was me.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

HellCopter posted:

Yeah, Zekendorf was me.

Add me I'll accept request tomorrow.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Speak of it all you want. I need to learn how to counter her. I don't fight many Catwomans'. Good night.

Off to bed myself, but the quick tips I can give you for fighting me is to always block high, I can't do my low combos for poo poo and so I never use them. I also use my cat dash the same way bane players use their charge, which is to say in the dumbest way possible. Just block and punish that poo poo because I will throw it out for no reason.

I will always punish a wonder woman who tries to zone me out with that overhead whip thing by using my b3, so don't do that unless it's actually connecting with me.

Final word of advice is catwoman has a poo poo load of attacks that hit high, so your db1 in sword and shield that does the parry and counter is pretty useful.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

HellCopter posted:

Yeah, Zekendorf was me.

Ah sorry man I needed to poop and then I got tired. I am old I guess. I'll stick around next time longer.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

Off to bed myself, but the quick tips I can give you for fighting me is to always block high, I can't do my low combos for poo poo and so I never use them. I also use my cat dash the same way bane players use their charge, which is to say in the dumbest way possible. Just block and punish that poo poo because I will throw it out for no reason.

I will always punish a wonder woman who tries to zone me out with that overhead whip thing by using my b3, so don't do that unless it's actually connecting with me.

Final word of advice is catwoman has a poo poo load of attacks that hit high, so your db1 in sword and shield that does the parry and counter is pretty useful.

Thanks for the tips. For tips against me, I do use b2 alot (love the reach). I try* to either b23 or b2 dash 33, b2 dash B113 or into dash into another b23. I mostly punish with B113 after blocks (sometimes 33 but I always gently caress up and accidentally do B3.)

*Just because I try doesn't mean I'm successful in doing it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Good games PSN goons! I was the mediocre Nightwing that popped in. This was the first time I was able to make to an Injustice goon room, and I was glad I did.

I really need to work on my Nightwing combos. I was dropping inputs all night.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Scorpion DLC trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpyb9zm68rs

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
Jim Lee designed Scorpion? Boooo. There could have been much more interesting things done with that. Like Black Lantern Scorpion.

At least he looks fun enough in the injustice engine.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Looks like that leak guy was right about his trait being him lighting himself on fire, basically. I wonder what benefits that will confer (besides the assumed damage increase).

Also Martian Manhunter zoom at the end.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Man, I love that Jim Lee design though. Looks fantastic.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, they sure want that Man of Steel publicity to not save their big reveal for last, huh?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Scorpion looks awesome, holy poo poo. His entrance and win animations are both fantastic.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Still disappointed Scorpion is in, but he looks fun to play. Love his clash animation. Costume is pretty cool too.

Soccus Nephropidae
Nov 1, 2010

When bread drinks milk,
it seems to get drunk.
Only thing I didn't like was his super, feel like there's much more potential there. Overall looks cool though, and the Jim Lee design was a nice touch.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

Still disappointed Scorpion is in, but he looks fun to play. Love his clash animation. Costume is pretty cool too.

I agree. And this actually what I thought of Batgirl too, I didn't think it was a good choice until I saw how she played. Scorpion though, I don't know. Didn't NRS make some sort of big deal when asked if Scorpion was in the game before Injustice released about how it was it's own thing and putting and MK character in it would cheapen it?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I agree. And this actually what I thought of Batgirl too, I didn't think it was a good choice until I saw how she played. Scorpion though, I don't know. Didn't NRS make some sort of big deal when asked if Scorpion was in the game before Injustice released about how it was it's own thing and putting and MK character in it would cheapen it?

Counterpoint: Ed Boon and co. are the best liars in the games industry.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I like Scorpion's intro, super, and clash. I do not like his design and I don't like having a MK character in my Comic Book Mans fighting game (yes, I am a child). So this probably just saved me buying the season pass. I don't care about Lobo and I don't care about Scorpion.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

I have to say I'm disappointed in how Scorpion ended up. He looks to just be a tweaked MK9 Scorpion with a quick-and-easy trait. I was hoping they'd add things like new specials/movement and a really unique trait to really set him apart.

I know Scorpion is (mostly) in cause he'll sell very well, but I expected an overhaul on the character.

At least he got a neat new look!

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Just A Friend posted:

I have to say I'm disappointed in how Scorpion ended up. He looks to just be a tweaked MK9 Scorpion with a quick-and-easy trait. I was hoping they'd add things like new specials/movement and a really unique trait to really set him apart.

I know Scorpion is (mostly) in cause he'll sell very well, but I expected an overhaul on the character.

As a long, long time Scorpion player, I'm actually pretty glad he's mostly the same specials. I like Scorp because of his playstyle, and while I still think he's an odd choice for Injustice, I'm still gonna play him.

How great would it have been if his trait was just a block button and that he couldn't normally block by holding back? :v:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
That intro. :stare:

Screw it, I'm maining Scorpion if only to grief comic book purists for a while.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

CaptCommy posted:

How great would it have been if his trait was just a block button and that he couldn't normally block by holding back? :v:

I was really hoping for this, even if playing with it would have infuriated me.

God drat his outro is one of the best. Shanked!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Back in the old Injustice thread I tried to predict most of this...

AndyElusive posted:

I'm trying to think of what they'll come up with for Scorpions super move. All I have to do is think like Ed Boon...Ok, here goes.

Scorpion yells "GET THE HELL OVER HERE!" and throws out two spears and pierces his foe, momentarily stunning them. Scorpion then opens a fiery portal to HELL and jumps down into it pulling his dazed opponent with him! Once there, in HELL, Scorpion pulls off his mask to reveal his trademark ANGRY SKULL and proceeds to burn his enemy with mouth FIRE! Then while the smoldering hero/villan is shouting in agony Scorpion punches them with a patented Mortal Kombat UPPERCUT sending the other fighter flying up off screen and back into the stage through another fiery portal like a bat out of HELL landing back in with a crash of ember particle effects!

At that instant Dan Forden pops out of the corner of the screen and says, "HUH HEE HEE!!"

See if I'm not right in a couple of months.

I wasn't 100% spot on but goddamn if most of the pieces aren't there in both his Super and win pose. Pretty disappointed I was totally wrong about Dan Forden, though.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

I'll admit I would be pretty hype for Scorpion if his trait was the MK run with armor.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Only if they included the right audio with the run animation.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Back in the old Injustice thread I tried to predict most of this...

Holy poo poo, that's pretty close if you combine his super and win pose.

I think he looks pretty cool. Way back when the game was announced, I always had a thought that someone like Scorpion or Sub Zero would be included as a hidden character or something. I'm not really bothered by his inclusion. His intro, clash, and win pose are all awesome.

I would have preferred Johnny Cage, though. :saddowns:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Having a Sub-Zero model in the intro does lend credence to the second set of DLC leak that had him in it.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Having a Sub-Zero model in the intro does lend credence to the second set of DLC leak that had him in it.

That will make Scorpion vs. Sub Zero fights weird. Scorpion takes time out of his busy schedule of executing Sub Zero to...execute Sub Zero somewhere else.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:magical:

Holy Crap I wasn't sold on Scorpion but drat if doesn't look pretty drat cool. At this point all the leaks are all but confirmed yes?

Red Hood DLC :flashfap:

Edit: Scorpion super is a counter?

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 3, 2013

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
So wait, no Zod? Would have expected him to be out now instead of after Man of Steel. That's kinda risky using the Man of Steel movie to sell their DLC.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

KungFu Grip posted:

So wait, no Zod? Would have expected him to be out now instead of after Man of Steel. That's kinda risky using the Man of Steel movie to sell their DLC.

I don't understand that conclusion at all. Without the movie, the audience for Zod as a DLC character would basically be just the people who already have the game and the subset of folks who just happen to be huge Zod fans for whatever reason. With the movie, the character will be more well-known than ever. It's not like people are gonna go see the movie and then be like "well, I would've bought the character before I saw the movie but now I won't".

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I know that you can't trust anything that Boon saids on twitter but is interesting how vehemently is he shooting down Sub-Zero as DLC

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/341575210069291008
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/341575925168742400

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I don't understand that conclusion at all. Without the movie, the audience for Zod as a DLC character would basically be just the people who already have the game and the subset of folks who just happen to be huge Zod fans for whatever reason. With the movie, the character will be more well-known than ever. It's not like people are gonna go see the movie and then be like "well, I would've bought the character before I saw the movie but now I won't".

Exactly this and because his character design will most likely resemble his newer movie incarnation. So it just makes sense to make Zod available closer to the movie release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Just A Friend posted:

Yeah, I agree with this. It looks entirely like his MK9 moveset, I think maybe a jump attack might have been different? It will be interesting to see how he ranks in Injustice I guess.

CaptCommy posted:

As a long, long time Scorpion player, I'm actually pretty glad he's mostly the same specials. I like Scorp because of his playstyle, and while I still think he's an odd choice for Injustice, I'm still gonna play him.

This trait would be kinda OP, if you wanna go that far how about an MK3 run button? :getin:

• Locked thread