Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Rudager posted:

God drat, I loving KNOW what that guy is cosplaying as, but I can't remember his/it's name.

Guess I'm not going to be sleeping tonight.

I think the one on the right is a Yuuzhan Vong but I'm not positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiamat
Jul 25, 2008

yer a wizard, harry

I definitely thought this was Rosencrantz and Guildenstern cosplay.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Tiamat posted:

They had two Luteces at Fanime this year, and I think people actually were flipping their coins. They had the bowl and everything.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Tiamat posted:

I saw that movie about 2 days before I got Bioshock Infinite. I was very happy at the reference. :3:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Please, Sam, he had a cosplay.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Shame it's a crappy photoshop.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
OUT OF MY WAY, I'VE GOT PLACES TO BE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfHCUM_OBCc

This is a different video than the other 2, by the way.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I've got a ton of great shots from the big Trek convention in Chicago this weekend. I'll get them together to post when I get back home Tuesday.

Until then, here's a taste:

Aatrek has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Jun 5, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Now why would you cosplay as someone from the Late Late Show at a Star Trek convention?

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
Edit: woops nothing to see here!

Apple Jax has a new favorite as of 03:53 on Jun 3, 2013

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

This rules.

I wonder if anyone's ever just built a remote-control Johnny 5 for one of these things. It probably wouldn't be able to do much more than roll around and maybe say some sound bytes, but it'd still be awesome.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
They have "fully working" (e.g. all the sounds and motion, but operated by radio control instead of AI) R2D2 / Wall-E builder's clubs that show off at the Maker Faire every year. I guess Johnny-5 hasn't resonated with enough serious robotics nerds to warrant that.

You could be the first!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rocketlex posted:

I wonder if anyone's ever just built a remote-control Johnny 5 for one of these things. It probably wouldn't be able to do much more than roll around and maybe say some sound bytes, but it'd still be awesome.

Yeah there's a few out there. Here's one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJpxIqSkIWg

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Denver Comic-Con was this weekend. I had a couple of projects I did for other folks but didn't get to go.

here is a good gallery.

http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/05/31/photos-denver-comic-con-takes-over-colorado-convention-center/#1

This one is awesome.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Funhilde posted:

This one is awesome.

Goddamn, I love this one :allears:

Bonus points for having to walk around the convention all day doubled over like that, I'm sure that costume wasn't too comfortable.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Aatrek posted:

I've got a ton of great shots from the big Trek convention in Chicago this weekend. I'll get them together to post when I get back home Tuesday.

Until then, here's a taste:

Damnit, I was told about this and had a friend going, then on top of that there was a Star Wars convention in Joliet that I didn't go either. I need to be on the lookout.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tewratomeh posted:

Goddamn, I love this one :allears:

Bonus points for having to walk around the convention all day doubled over like that, I'm sure that costume wasn't too comfortable.

The back of the can is cut out, so he's actually standing normally, or at least very close to it.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Funhilde posted:

Denver Comic-Con was this weekend. I had a couple of projects I did for other folks but didn't get to go.

here is a good gallery.

http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/05/31/photos-denver-comic-con-takes-over-colorado-convention-center/#1

This one is awesome.

Don't know if it really counts as cosplay, since he was promoting his masks, but this guy totally made me do a doubletake when I saw him at the con:

Only way you could tell it was a mask is by the fact that his expression never changed and by spotting the edge of the mask from behind(And no, I'm not talking about ALF).

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
This kid is my goddamn hero.

DCC was the first time we got to hang out with a Takahashi RX-7

And this fellow came all the way from Durango.

I am so totally in love with that Beetle. It is the cutest thing on four wheels.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Boomerjinks posted:

And this fellow came all the way from Durango.

I am so totally in love with that Beetle. It is the cutest thing on four wheels.

There's a lot of classic Beetles painted as Herbie. I nearly got run over by one last year, and told the driver to tell her goddamn car to look where it was going.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Jedit posted:

There's a lot of classic Beetles painted as Herbie. I nearly got run over by one last year, and told the driver to tell her goddamn car to look where it was going.

You're not kidding. This is from a single regional meetup in 2011.

There are no fewer that 4 New New Beetles in the Denver area done up as Herbies by a dealership who then pawned them off as authentic replicas. They aren't terrible, but they are rather 'boilerplate.' This one belongs to someone who has been coming to meets who hadn't really seen the movies before they bought the car.

However, the Herbie I posted earlier is the first "real" Herbie that I've ever seen in person, so I was incredibly excited. The owner is an incredible sweetheart and I am sad that he lives 7 hours away.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The headlights on the New Beetle scream "TRYHARD" so loud it's sad.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Esplanade posted:

Don't know if it really counts as cosplay, since he was promoting his masks, but this guy totally made me do a doubletake when I saw him at the con:

Only way you could tell it was a mask is by the fact that his expression never changed and by spotting the edge of the mask from behind(And no, I'm not talking about ALF).

It'd be so worth paying the $900 or whatever that guy's charging just to be able to meet Bryan Cranston in-person to see his reaction. I wouldn't even care if other people had already done it.

edit: Even better would be if you could trap Cranston in a room with a bunch of people with that mask, in different costumes, so you could play out that scene from "Being John Malkovich".

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Boomerjinks posted:

You're not kidding. This is from a single regional meetup in 2011.

So was this shot taken before or after the drag race?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Was it actually a 63? Having been basically raised going to and judging air cooled VW shows it always annoyed me to no end when people would do stupid Herbie poo poo to cars that were not 63 ragtops.

I thought of painting my 58 flat black and putting 35 on the side and calling it Herbles, Herbie's older evil brother.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

No way. No way. Whoever did this is officially the world's greatest parent.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

veedubfreak posted:

Was it actually a 63? Having been basically raised going to and judging air cooled VW shows it always annoyed me to no end when people would do stupid Herbie poo poo to cars that were not 63 ragtops.

I thought of painting my 58 flat black and putting 35 on the side and calling it Herbles, Herbie's older evil brother.

It was, supposedly the entire engine was original save for a distributor cap, plugs, and I guess it was converted to 12v before he got it. Also, you should look up Horace the Hate Bug ;)

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Robert Denby posted:

No way. No way. Whoever did this is officially the world's greatest parent.

Sho Nuff!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
This girl won the weekend's costume contest at the Trek convention in Chicago. She told us that it took her like 18 months to make it.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

Aatrek posted:

This girl won the weekend's costume contest at the Trek convention in Chicago. She told us that it took her like 18 months to make it.

A zipper? A ZIPPER!? That should be a buttoned fall fly!

(Nice job, otherwise!)

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Yay! Comics Alliance is back! :neckbeard: And with that the Best Cosplay Ever this week is back too!

I'm digging this one. Who knew that Velma and Daphne could pair off so well with Batgirl and Poison Ivy.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

A friend of mine does the most awesome Jak and Daxter costumes. Her entire family gets in on it... I really miss making Halloween costumes with her as a kid. She even made the little stuffed Daxter.

Edit: added pic

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

So it took Superman to fulfill the request for a shrubbery with a little path down the middle?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

What I want is.....This costume.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

never skips leg day

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
From Chicago:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
One of the best quad suits I've ever seen:

Apparently it won "1st place friday hall costume contest, and then when I did a walk-on with him at the cosplay show he got the 'People's Choice' award" at A-Kon 2011.
It hides the costumer's human shape so well that it looks really weird when she starts walking upright:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL8TXvM42Kw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
He should lose the wings and run around a park in the evening and freak everyone out.

• Locked thread