Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh god damnit, Addie and Tori have learned to wash themselves :kimchi: It is so ludicrously ridiculously cute because they're not good at it but make up for it with sheer determination. They both get into it when John wakes them up for their morning weigh-in, so rewind to the start of today's stream if you want to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I just can't get over how adorable Addie is. If I lived in America I'd seriously try and adopt her.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

When are they being let out? They're big enough.

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

Kilmers Elbow posted:

When are they being let out? They're big enough.

They have to be moving competently on all four legs, and "tracking" well (following moving things with their eyes), among other things.

There is an excellent FAQ which answers a lot of questions about the kittens and John:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1DNA7ie0Jh5KjIQ0eg860jpJFEOA7lep3xdwbAgXhd9o#h.psfad5ulznxs

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Livesteam Chat posted:

Zelda <san diego>: I wish human mothers could all be this great!

Yeah, this about sums up the chatbox.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Last time I made the mistake of not minimizing the chat immediately after opening the stream, some vegans were telling people to stop eating meat and urging them to watch some eye-opening PETA document about the subject. :ughh:

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

Metanaut posted:

Last time I made the mistake of not minimizing the chat immediately after opening the stream, some vegans were telling people to stop eating meat and urging them to watch some eye-opening PETA document about the subject.

Really? That's not the type of zealotry that the regulars tolerate, usually. Anyone like that would most likely be hooted off pretty quickly, or ignored. There are a lot of bacon-lovers there, at least whenever I've watched it.

But yeah, maximizing the kitten window gets rid of chat, makes it easier to enjoy the kittens sometimes.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Grant is going to die.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Grant is going to die.

Supposedly he'll be fine, but I'm sure John has lost a couple kittens over the years...

Also the thread title should be changed to Kitten Cam, Watch kittens sleeping.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Watch kittens sleeping indeed! Grant in the chickenfish :kimchi:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Pheeets posted:

Really? That's not the type of zealotry that the regulars tolerate, usually. Anyone like that would most likely be hooted off pretty quickly, or ignored. There are a lot of bacon-lovers there, at least whenever I've watched it.

But yeah, maximizing the kitten window gets rid of chat, makes it easier to enjoy the kittens sometimes.

Yeah, I've seen them go after PETA zealots in the chat before, usually discussing their shelters and how many animals destroy on a yearly basis.

I've been watching Amanda's babies more lately. They are out in the compound now, and there are 18 of them. it's almost like a moving kitten pile.

Here's an example:

Edit:For size.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 5, 2013

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Time's running out for sickly Grant....

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
If it happens, it happens, circle of life and all that, C'est la vie.

jump
Nov 12, 2006

I'm just a cat,
and I'm doing cat stuff.
What!
I thought he was doing well?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

jump posted:

I thought he was doing well?

I think he's doing fine, he's a little down in weight compared to the rest, but he's still gaining, which is a good sign. I haven't been watching as much lately, I've got Amanda's feed on.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Grant is as far as I know doing fantastically. His posture's getting better, he's extremely playful and showing no signs of being restrained or more easily worn out, his chest is apparently rounding out to the touch, and he's gaining weight more rapidly.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 5, 2013

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Grant is going to die.

Stop being such a prick.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Speaking of Grant, I was just watching the DVR, and he tried to sneak up on Tory and pounce. Unfortunately when he tried to jump he lost grip with his back paws and they just splashed out instead and he floomped to the ground with an audible thump.

Neat to see the pounce instinct and stuff kicking in.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

Grant is as far as I know doing fantastically. His posture's getting better, he's extremely playful and showing no signs of being restrained or more easily worn out, his chest is apparently rounding out to the touch, and he's gaining weight more rapidly.

Yeah, here's the weights: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkaAlpEBguITdEdOeTNhUmhvcXphbU1iYldxd1lqdlE&pli=1#gid=0

He's moving around well, I'm not concerned.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

SpannerX posted:

I've been watching Amanda's babies more lately. They are out in the compound now, and there are 18 of them. it's almost like a moving kitten pile.

18? I haven't seen that many; where are all the other moms?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

xcheopis posted:

18? I haven't seen that many; where are all the other moms?

There isn't any other moms, just the one, and they are eating solid food.
Edit: Meaning there isn't any other moms there. I think they are a few litters of barn kittens. I'd imagine it's on her facebook page.
Here are the weights and names:

Eponine 16 16 16.8 16.6 16.1
Marius 13.7 14 14.5 14.6 14.6
Fantine 14.4 14.4 14.6 14.4 14.7
Valjean 13.6 14.1 14.6 14.6 15.6
Javert 18.2 19.3 19.5 19.9 20.2
Cosette 16.5 17 18.4 18 18.2
Gavroche 11.3 11.3 11.3 11.6 12

Fortune 14 13.9 14.5 14.5 15.1
Kismet 13.4 13 13.6 13.2 14.1
Destiny 10.6 10.6 11.6 11.4
Scrimshaw 12.6 12.9 13 13.5 14.5
Orca 11.6 11.7 11.7 12 12.6
Kayak 10.2 10.4 10.7 10.8 10.3

Ruskin 17.6 17.4 18.2 18.1 19.4
Flair 15.5 15.5 16.6 17.2 18.2
Panda 18.2 17.7 18.3 18.4 18.6

Tuck 19.6 19.4 19.8 20.4 21.1
Robin 19.6 19.9 19.3 19.5 19.9

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 5, 2013

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
It's just pectus excavatum, you can operate for that and the kittens do well:
http://lovemeow.com/2012/06/kitty-with-deformity-becomes-superkitten/
http://babyanimalzoo.com/tag/pectus-excavatum

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Remember Marie, the mother of the Scientist kittens? She was terribly underweight and tiny when they took her in and they had to supplement the milk she gave to the kittens.

Here's a comparison photo of after she gave birth and now with her happy in her foster home.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Grant's learned to run but not to brake. The result is :kimchi:

http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/Mythbusters/videos/20745518

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

:3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Addie had a couple of goes at climbing the wall today. Didn't get far.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Grant's breathing definitely looks better. He's still breathing more quickly than the other kittens, but he's taking deeper breaths and breathing noticeably easier.

Also he's chirping in his sleep :kimchi:

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

I can't decide which is better--Grant's "This is not what I thought would happen," expression after the crash/flip, or Tory wanting to go in for a pounce and getting caught on the chickenfish.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Yay, I finally managed to see all the little sausages out and about!

edit: I mean, all the adorable kittens on the Amanda's Babies cam. Seething piles of fluffy tiny plump kittens, gnawing on each other and falling asleep mid-battle.

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 7, 2013

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

xcheopis posted:

Yay, I finally managed to see all the little sausages out and about!

edit: I mean, all the adorable kittens on the Amanda's Babies cam. Seething piles of fluffy tiny plump kittens, gnawing on each other and falling asleep mid-battle.

It's pretty funny, isn't it. I wished she had a better camera though.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

They're kicking off tonight! Even Grant's going mental.

Flatscan posted:

Stop being such a prick.

Ugh....un-clench, eh?

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.

This is the greatest thing :D I feel like John Madden should do a play by play here. "So, yah see Grants' gonna do a spin move from the white paw and make his way to the soccer ball for a scoring attempt. Meanwhile we got this guy here, white kitty. Now white kitty makes this move boom but gets blocked by this guy fish chicken. i tell ya pat, you gotta make the spin move down the field if you need to make a spin move. good recovery by the Grant, he's got the mvp"

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Watching the weigh in today, and Addie trying to climb John constantly is hilarious!

NewsGunkie
Jul 23, 2007
Sometimes, there's a clog in the pipelines.

Addie has discovered that she can climb AND that people are watching. :3:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
They have all made it over the pound mark, and are all peeing on their own! Looks like they are going to be let out to the big room sometime this week.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh man, Addie is getting pretty wild. John's visiting the kittens and she keeps trying to scale his side. She's also pouncing around and properly playing! And Grant continues to be a little trooper. He's walking and making the most of it.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

Oh man, Addie is getting pretty wild. John's visiting the kittens and she keeps trying to scale his side. She's also pouncing around and properly playing! And Grant continues to be a little trooper. He's walking and making the most of it.

They certainly are. Addie trying to jump up to the mom was so funny. Kari was up there merping away, I think she does it just to drive them nuts :)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SpannerX posted:

Kari was up there merping away, I think she does it just to drive them nuts :)

She may genuinely be trying to encourage them out, they're getting pretty old and she may think it's time they move about more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

She may genuinely be trying to encourage them out, they're getting pretty old and she may think it's time they move about more.

Yeah, that makes more sense. Not much longer now and they'll have the big room! How long till Addie gets over the fence? I'm guessing 4 days from when they get out.

• Locked thread