Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torquil
Apr 4, 2007
Now with Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with Hinder-90)
I've been running around solo for a while and would like to join in on the dancing festivities so if someone would like to add me as well that would be lovely. Player ID is TwistconeSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerulily
Dec 28, 2012

I BELIEVE it is cerulily

But if that doesn't work try cerulark.
I guess you don't mean my sega id? i kind of forgot what i typed in when i went to ship 2

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cerulily posted:

I BELIEVE it is cerulily

But if that doesn't work try cerulark.
I guess you don't mean my sega id? i kind of forgot what i typed in when i went to ship 2

I can't seem to find you by player ID or character name. If you head to Block 4 you should see a group of us (two Elizabeth's, Rain Groinhammer and Liverslapper) standing about, we'll let you in.

Cerulily
Dec 28, 2012

How do i change blocks? my character's name is Skylark.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

See the big green elevator things? Head into them and hit E.

Cerulily
Dec 28, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

See the big green elevator things? Head into them and hit E.

OK i am in block 4. where abouts are you?

WontGetFooledAgain
Nov 5, 2012
I'd like to try out working in a group after soloing. Player ID is Chilled Glass, character name is Mistral on block 4.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Cerulily posted:

OK i am in block 4. where abouts are you?
This is all well and good that you just started, but why not Join Us In IRC for this sort of thing?

Liverslapper
Jun 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've been doing these EQ's all wrong. According to nerdz and the rest of the goons, just run around and kill all the spawns and don't worry about the end boss much.

WontGetFooledAgain posted:

I'd like to try out working in a group after soloing. Player ID is Chilled Glass, character name is Mistral on block 4.

Make sure to add yourself to the registry on the first post.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Liverslapper posted:

Make sure to add yourself to the registry on the first post.

Pretty much this. To get an invite to the team you need to meet in person, so adding yourself to the list and jumping into the IRC helps. I added the new people on the list who aren't in the team yet. Hopefully will be able to get you in whenever they're next on. However, asking in the IRC is the quickest way to snatch an invite.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Peak anime achieved.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Welp, I couldn't wait and I'm getting back into the game again. How costly are the female butler gear outfits right now?

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jun 7, 2013

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Miijhal posted:

Welp, I couldn't wait and I'm getting back into the game again. How costly are the female butler gear outfits right now?

Original color is around 500k. Other, not as fancy colors, range from 100-150k.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I went and found my old AOTI screenshots. I could have sworn I was a newman, but I guess I only started with that in PSPortable. The last few screenshots in that set were from the day the NA/EU PS2/PC servers closed (I hadn't played for a long time, so much for Sega's 3 month character deletion policy). My home internet was down, so I tethered my phone to login and take those.

I also found my chat logs, 90% of which are me and Blitzexile's level-up autowords ("Nice" and "spiffy" respectively). Good times.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Liverslapper posted:

I've been doing these EQ's all wrong. According to nerdz and the rest of the goons, just run around and kill all the spawns and don't worry about the end boss much.

Blocks are designated for specific purposes. I believe 1 is newbies, 2-3 is Normal, 4-6 are Hard, 7-13 are Very Hard. It should be translated by the English patch but basically whenever an Emergency Quest comes up, go to the appropriate block for your level, run around with the big group of guys and enjoy the experience.

The only time you should care about the boss is if you're doing the Falz Hunar EQ (this is less important now seeing as you can farm him in AQs, but the other 2 City EQs are kind of trash) or if you are doing one of the various +5 SP COs (Dark Ragne and Fang Banther only show up as guaranteed bosses during Naberius 2 TA or their EQs, granted Ragne isn't too hard to run in to otherwise).

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
Old PSO/U vet here interested getting into this game. I have a few questions before I join up to play this game: When I played PSOBB and PSU, there was segregation of the servers, and I've heard there was a bit of xenophobia on the JP servers of those two games (Because of rampant cheating coming from the US servers, ect.), and foreigners who registered to JP servers them had to either hide or be banned, forcing them to play on the US servers. A) Were these claims bullshit, and B) If not, does the same xenophobia still apply to this game's servers?

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Nameless Fool posted:

Old PSO/U vet here interested getting into this game. I have a few questions before I join up to play this game: When I played PSOBB and PSU, there was segregation of the servers, and I've heard there was a bit of xenophobia on the JP servers of those two games (Because of rampant cheating coming from the US servers, ect.), and foreigners who registered to JP servers them had to either hide or be banned, forcing them to play on the US servers. A) Were these claims bullshit, and B) If not, does the same xenophobia still apply to this game's servers?

A) With regards to PSU I'm almost 100% sure that's bullshit, but PSU JP had a significantly smaller English speaking community than PSO 2 does.
B) I've yet to run in to any outright hostility from Japanese players (never been kicked from a party or anything like that).

The whole "Japanese players dislike US/English players" is definitely a thing, but it's not nearly as big of a thing as people make it out to be.

e: If you decide to play, Ship 2 is the server to make your character, just avoid Block 20 because it's the unofficial English community block. That's where people like this and this reside. So long as you don't go to Block 20 you really don't run in to fuckheads often at all.

Umberger fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 7, 2013

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Because games normally come out a year later in the US in many games where JP and US can play together Japanese people tend to view English speaking players as much worse. In reality the bad Japanese players stopped playing and all that are left are the hardcore players by that time. Who cares about hardcore fuckheads that only really play with people they know in any game.

Random grouping in WoW is pretty lovely to get into if you jump in mid expansion in WoW you are expected to know every drat mechanic a month or so into it, and if you are ahead of the curve its a pain in the rear end to explain the boss fight for the millionth time. So I can kind of get where they are coming from I guess, instead of gear they are judging based on language spoken.

The racism happens in just about every videogame community that has cross region play (or people jump on another region). Its not everyone and tons of people don't really care. I'm trying to get this thing patched I'll give it a spin.

Also if this is F2P how does this game make money?

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

pixaal posted:

Also if this is F2P how does this game make money?

Waifu dress up. Almost all of the clothes in this game come from AC Scratch, which is a ticket that costs 200 or 500 Yen and gives you a chance of getting a certain clothing item/color combination depending on what the current AC Catalog is.

There are a few useful features (doubling your inventory space, getting more Mags, opening up a shop) and a subscription alternative (Premium Set, which offers a variety of features at a rate of 1200-1300 Yen per month) that people buy. But I would wager that a pretty hilarious amount of AC is spent on clothing items.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Umberger posted:

Waifu dress up. Almost all of the clothes in this game come from AC Scratch, which is a ticket that costs 200 or 500 Yen and gives you a chance of getting a certain clothing item/color combination depending on what the current AC Catalog is.

There are a few useful features (doubling your inventory space, getting more Mags, opening up a shop) and a subscription alternative (Premium Set, which offers a variety of features at a rate of 1200-1300 Yen per month) that people buy. But I would wager that a pretty hilarious amount of AC is spent on clothing items.

I've played plenty of games with RNG based cosmetic rewards, I've heard pubbies bitch about spending $10,000+ and not getting the item they wanted. It works well at milking idiots dry, its kind of morally hosed up but I guess the people would waste their money some other way since they clearly lack all self control.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

pixaal posted:

I've played plenty of games with RNG based cosmetic rewards, I've heard pubbies bitch about spending $10,000+ and not getting the item they wanted. It works well at milking idiots dry, its kind of morally hosed up but I guess the people would waste their money some other way since they clearly lack all self control.

It's not so bad in this game because you can buy all of these cosmetic items off of player shops with in-game cash. Since you can trade just about anything you get from these cosmetic gachas. Even if you didn't get what you want you could sell what you did on the player shop for cash, because I'm assuming if you were willing/able to spend cash on the gacha then you would be willing to on premium access. Some items are prohibitively expensive, but others are fairly priced.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dawnfire posted:

It's not so bad in this game because you can buy all of these cosmetic items off of player shops with in-game cash. Since you can trade just about anything you get from these cosmetic gachas. Even if you didn't get what you want you could sell what you did on the player shop for cash, because I'm assuming if you were willing/able to spend cash on the gacha then you would be willing to on premium access. Some items are prohibitively expensive, but others are fairly priced.

I don't care at all about cosmetic poo poo but pubbies do. Oh pubbies.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

Umberger posted:

So it's sorta like CoX when it went F2P (pay for costume bits (Though you get more choice over what you get in CoX)) mixed with F2P Korean based MMOs (More inventory space, ability to use shops, ect.)?

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

pixaal posted:

You'll quickly learn that you are a minority in this game, even among forum-goers. I pretty much only play to further my transformation into couture monstrosity.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

pixaal posted:

Call me a pubbie again and I'll fight you irl :colbert:

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

You'll quickly learn that you are a minority in this game, even among forum-goers. I pretty much only play to further my transformation into couture monstrosity.

The heck you been Cream? Haven't seen you in game in a few days and we want to enjoy your brand new look in person.

But really, this is quite true. Even most goons enjoy the game thoroughly for it's cosmetic fun. Game's got good gameplay, but sometimes that takes a backseat to looking fly/pretty.

Percity
Oct 24, 2006

pixaal posted:

This game is only about dressing up your space wife or robot.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

And dancing. So much dancing.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Right-o, got my character on the spreadsheet now and I'm in the game.

I, uh, can't help but notice leveling is insanely fast now! I jumped four levels without even setting foot in a mission.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Yeah they've upped the exp from Koffee's k initial orders considerably so you're not stuck solo powerleveling in empty fields since everyone just runs AQs and XQs nowadays. Hit 60 with Gunner last night and already had Ranger at the cap, now I guess it's time to use a reset to fix my skill trees and blow a ton of meseta affixing my units since I can't improve my char any other way. :v: Dumping exp into Hu via COs as well since I still don't have Fi unlocked and might level Fo or Te some more. Depends on how soon a level cap increase happens I guess.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

The Singing Chav posted:

Depends on how soon a level cap increase happens I guess.

The Episode 2 Premium Pack has a release date of July 17th, which would imply that it is the date we'll get the Episode 2 update. If I had to guess, that's the absolute soonest time which they would do another level cap update.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Trying to get this game running with the story patch, and when I try to extract the story patch files to the win32 folder, it says access is denied. Am I a drooling retard, missing something obvious? I could use some help in either case.

Edit: Ok, figured it out.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 8, 2013

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Black Balloon posted:

Trying to get this game running with the story patch, and when I try to extract the story patch files to the win32 folder, it says access is denied. Am I a drooling retard, missing something obvious? I could use some help in either case.

Make sure to run whatever program you are using to extract the files as administrator.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual
Me and a few other goons did the Nab EQ the other night and I decided to record it. Many hours of kicking myself for recording in flv instead of avi later and I produced this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFiA9qphSr8
:getin:

Herb Stencil fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 9, 2013

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!

Herb Stencil posted:

Me and a few other goons dis the Nab EQ the other night and I decided to record it. Many hour of kicking myself for recording in flv instead of avi later and I produced this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFiA9qphSr8
:getin:

I love this video, very very much. Also that picture at the end is great as well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Man, Herb, you gotta give me a copy of that graphic so I can chuck it into whatever videos I end up doing.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

kirbysuperstar posted:

Man, Herb, you gotta give me a copy of that graphic so I can chuck it into whatever videos I end up doing.

http://imgur.com/Nc0kX6V

There you go Kirby, I made it really big for ease of future use.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Herb Stencil posted:

http://imgur.com/Nc0kX6V

There you go Kirby, I made it really big for ease of future use.

Thank you kindly! Hope you don't mind, I redid it at 1920x1080 for 16:9 stuff and as a PNG to help with the red colour compression thing.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

kirbysuperstar posted:

Thank you kindly! Hope you don't mind, I redid it at 1920x1080 for 16:9 stuff and as a PNG to help with the red colour compression thing.

By all means, I was pretty worn out by the time I made it :froggonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Sega did an update stream last night and we got Some awesome new info on episode 2.Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5JWS23XwvU

• Dumans! They have horns and two different colored eyeballs. Now we have space demons along with our space elves.(free character slot)
  • Mini partners are back. Create your own mini me to have follow you around
  • you get a miniature room even if you don't have myroom.
  • Braver class with hanzo spacesteel and totally not monster hunter bows.
  • Beach party planet. Things are different there depending on the time of day.
  • All this next month. New difficulty mode in October. Also smartphone version betatest signup is starting

demonstration of new weapons
everything else I didn't mention

Tengames fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 9, 2013

• Locked thread