Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
David Ryder [145.9] says, "i ate my own shoes"
Isaac Kirkhope [145.9] says, "a productive use of shoes"
David Ryder [145.9] says, "the kicker is that they were still on my feet"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Ag Bengip posted:

Has anyone looked into consolidating the different (I count three) teleportation systems somehow? There must be some great possibilities with one unified system.

What kind of possibilities?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

magic mountain posted:

What kind of possibilities?

One idea I had was replacing the tracking beacons (?) and cargo pads with coordinate files; the non-science teleporter and cargo transporter would come loaded with the ones they currently have, and you would download additional files as the telescientists develop them.

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012
Hey look, it's nerds with their nerd math. Quit being nerds, you nerds.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2830915&pagenumber=137#post416385482

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
So I'm trying to join the bigger goon server and it's saying Connection Died immediately. I had no idea what it meant but I could probably make an educated guess that I got banned like, two years ago or something for indiscriminately murdering clowns (they're gone now I won't do it again). Is there anyway to confirm/deny this or find out what else could be the problem?

Lisonfire
Nov 8, 2009
You get a message if you log in while banned, its just a connection issue.

Also all bans were cleared ~9 months ago.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Huh. Oddly enough I can join some random Russian server without problems. This just because BYOND is poo poo?

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
Also, you can't join Goonstation servers as a guest, you have to login with your BYOND account before connecting.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, that explains it. I logged in on the website but forgot to do it in the actual app. Thanks.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I think... I chose a bad time to join a quick game tonight.

Instantly radiated, vomiting, grew horns, exploded, disconnected, and when I got back I spawned in a strange room, everything was weird and everyone was dead or a predator or both. I think thats my pile of puke at the bottom. I'd planned to run around as a mobile medic with a fire extinguisher, kind of emergency services but this just proves that sometimes planning is pointless.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I am so glad I wasn't there for that game. Nightmare fuel.

KillerToast
May 30, 2013
That happened like 5 minutes into the round it was pretty lame...

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

KillerToast posted:

That happened like 5 minutes into the round it was pretty lame...

Yeah, I hate it when admins totally mess up my Miner round right at the start by doing something weird instead of waiting until everyone's having fun to do it.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I know, right!? I was all set to pick at rocks for 45 minutes, and instead some stupid fun happened. Blegh.

Dr. Cogwerks
Oct 28, 2006

all I need is a grant and Project :roboluv: is go
Ensign Daeren, traitor of the year 2013

Justin Dugger says, "A hostile bathtub is going around putting people inside of itself, the people that come out are ingulfed in flames"
Osbert McGavin says, "Uh theres a bathtub in front of QM..."
Terrell Wilkerson says, "there is a phantom bathtub killing guys"
Dr. Majestic says, "LEAVE US TO OUR BEES"
THE PHANTOM OF THE BATHTUB says, "IT HUNGRES"
THE PHANTOM OF THE BATHTUB says, "FOR MOREEEEEEE"

MENTORHELP: Restbench/(Unknown)(X): wana conferm what just happened to me i got insta killed by a bath tub?

Anyone shoved into the tub would disappear amidst a chorus of screaming, slapping noises and a gib splatter.

The bathtub was tragically destroyed by an exploding pod at escape, but I managed to snag the contents list. Look what was trapped inside the tub after he depopulated almost the entire station:
http://pastebin.com/ANQTCjZM

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

Justin Dugger says, "A hostile bathtub is going around putting people inside of itself, the people that come out are ingulfed in flames"

MENTORHELP: Restbench/(Unknown)(X): wana conferm what just happened to me i got insta killed by a bath tub?

Anyone shoved into the tub would disappear amidst a chorus of screaming, slapping noises and a gib splatter.

The bathtub was tragically destroyed by an exploding pod at escape, but I managed to snag the contents list. Look what was trapped inside the tub after he depopulated almost the entire station:

The Phantom of the Bathtub has been my favorite gimmick for two or so weeks but I think I'm hanging it up for a while, as nothing I can do with it barring further experimentation with mixes is ever going to beat that whole round. So many people erupted like volcanos into showers of blood, fake mustaches, and assorted bath juices. The crew were actively warning confused new arrivals who stumbled across the tub to run like hell by the end.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Illegal Username posted:

David Ryder [145.9] says, "i ate my own shoes"
Isaac Kirkhope [145.9] says, "a productive use of shoes"
David Ryder [145.9] says, "the kicker is that they were still on my feet"

We should have rocket shoes tear off someone's feet a tiny amount of the time. Something like 99%.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How do I deal with the killer robots in space? If one sees me it follows me faster than I can fly and most of them have really nasty guns and can take a hell of a beating.

Dr. Cogwerks
Oct 28, 2006

all I need is a grant and Project :roboluv: is go
They are all slower than pods as well as people with jetpacks, you shouldn't really have any trouble outrunning them.
SC and CR drones are pretty weak and can be wrecked easily with lasers, phasers, or mining tools. Just avoid the HK and AR drones until you are ready for a much bigger challenge, and for god's sake, don't anger the X drone without backup and lots of heavy weaponry.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Also, don't forget that damage slows your jetpack speed as well as walking speed. If you're already pretty dinged up, you're going to fly much slower, and be easier bait for the drones. Don't get into a scrap with any of them unless you're at full health.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Hyperzine will also let you jet around insanely fast, although with the usual lag you'll probably just overshoot it forever.

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002
Had my first go as a genetics guinea pig last night. Ended up with temperature immunity and horns, or as Daeren put it, I became the devil.
So does anyone know if horns DO anything? Maybe make it randomly hurt people if you're moving at run speed, just seems a waste to have horns and not be able to gore people with them.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

They are all slower than pods as well as people with jetpacks, you shouldn't really have any trouble outrunning them.
SC and CR drones are pretty weak and can be wrecked easily with lasers, phasers, or mining tools. Just avoid the HK and AR drones until you are ready for a much bigger challenge, and for god's sake, don't anger the X drone without backup and lots of heavy weaponry.

I have not ever actually seen an AR and have no idea what they do.

Also put the Omega drone on the map I wanna see what happens if you kill it but I've only seen it get spawned like once.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
AR is for Artillery, I'll leave what that actually means to your imagination, also it spawns on z4.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Dauntasa posted:

I have not ever actually seen an AR and have no idea what they do.

Also put the Omega drone on the map I wanna see what happens if you kill it but I've only seen it get spawned like once.

One time an admin spawned an Omega Drone in the escape arm as the shuttle was called, and I managed to get it stuck on the other side of a window where I could hit it with my pod phasers, but it couldn't shoot me.

Ten minutes later, the shuttle arrives, someone aggros the drone and moves it to a place it could hit me, and I hadn't made a goddamn scratch on the thing.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Pod phasers completely suck and do basically no damage though so that's not a huge surprise.

Someone has killed it, from what I've heard.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It is killable, but I'm not sure if it has a reward or what that reward is.

A lot of these things just have a ton of health, and you can't really tell you've done much damage to them because a lot of critters and drones only have a handful of icon states and it's not like most things have damage figures (although with admin powers and testing you could no doubt figure it out). You never see a bleeding and one-eyed Hooty or something when he's under half health... but perhaps you should.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
So my photoshop final had us making a box for whatever we wanted. I chose to do SS13. Click for huge. :haw:

I hope no one minds me lifting some art and quotes from the thread. :sweatdrop:

VV
:thejoke:

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 12, 2013

lenin
Sep 11, 2001

dear leader
the 3x3 battledrone drops plutonium cores when defeated

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Chekans 3 16 posted:

So my photoshop final had us making a box for whatever we wanted. I chose to do SS13. Click for huge. :haw:

I hope no one minds me lifting some art and quotes from the thread. :sweatdrop:

I'm pretty sure no ratings board would ever give an "E for Everyone" to SS13.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Breadmaster posted:

I'm pretty sure no ratings board would ever give an "E for Everyone" to SS13.

*Game Experience May Change During Online Play

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

So someone put a passive grab on me, for a split second, and I ran away. I successfully ran to the other end of the room. The whole thing took probably less than two seconds.

I then teleported back to him and he continued to (successfully) strangle me to death, putting me into unconsciousness seconds after I teleported back.

Choking's... kind of powerful.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

It also sounds like you were lagging a bit, that may have factored into it.

fake edit: By "lagging a bit" I mean "somehow lagging even more than BYOND normally lags"

real edit: I cannot spell words

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

Oh my. :swoon:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lenin posted:

the 3x3 battledrone drops plutonium cores when defeated

A random drop of 2-4 cores, from what I can tell of the two I've seen die.

Lord Doom
Jul 17, 2008
Notice to all coders: please add a Duckself verb for all admins that, as the name implies, turns you into a controlled amusing duck.

Mister Tuxedo
Apr 17, 2012
Man/Woman,
I am all set to get back into SS13 and both our servers are down.
Guess it's time for more beer and pubbie trolling.
EDIT: LLJK, not Gibbed. I get IT now.

Mister Tuxedo fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 13, 2013

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can the mining pod drill through the station if it has the plasma torch equipped? I tried with the normal drills but they can't even break glass.

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012

-Troika- posted:

I tried with the normal drills but they can't even break glass.

This is dumb, i'm pretty sure space rocks are a lot harder than glass with metal rods in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Doctor Doodler posted:

This is dumb, i'm pretty sure space rocks are a lot harder than glass with metal rods in it.

When miners were originally implemented they had the RIG suits and plasma cutters from Dead Space and could carve their way through the station single-handedly. Sometimes concessions must be made for the greater good!

• Locked thread