Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
I have the same kayak (same color even!) and I can fit it in the front passenger seat of my '98 Altima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, but what about a coffee table?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Seems I can't find the photos now but I used to get an 8'6" surfboard in the passenger seat of my Miata quite easily when I lived in Encinitas.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Bro do you even drift?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Preoptopus posted:

Bro do you even drift?

I am agog. That is loving amazing. :getin:

Content: here's a picture of a manmy father in an SLS AMG, about 30 minutes before driving it.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
It came from the GIF thread.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

The craftsmanship on that waste gate :stare:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
The total lack of gas coverage.

:allears:

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

edit: wrong thread.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.
Some guy posted this to the Ratsun facebook page, and I must say that it is without a doubt the first unique paint job I've ever seen applied to a 510 that I think is loving fantastic.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

travisray2004 posted:

Shut up. No it doesn't.

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

So I went to Cincinnati Concours and I saw a few things that I took crappy pictures of. I will now post them in a big mega dump.

Fievel Goes Bi fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 10, 2013

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
This is absolutely AI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKHz7wOjb9w

Also, A few more photos from around town, V8 Supercars, etc.

Saw this guy in a local gas station in Texas. It was one of the smallest cars I've seen. There was also a Haynes manual in the back for 1959-1975 minis and a plastic bin full of spare parts.

The first lap of the Sunday afternoon V8 Supercar race from a few weeks ago.

One of my favorite "paint" jobs in the Pirelli GT3 cup

And the pace car in the GT3 cup was a CTS-V Coupe.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

This cover looked so well-made I had to grab a shot (riding in a bus).

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

That looks like a dangerous amount of fun.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

DiggityDoink posted:

It came from the GIF thread.

drat. That must sound great. An F40 purred past me down a country lane at 40mph the other day (outside a pub) and although it sounded amazing, it was like the potential noise that you knew was there that was exciting. Really hoped the driver would open it up and let us hear it.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Someone posted this on my wall last night. The wave of nostalgia knocked me completely out of my chair.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Honda's experiments with the twin literbike are going well, it seems.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Saw that these awesome trucks were featured on Jalopnik, the Berliet T100s:

Only four were built, one of them in a cabover configuration with sleeping accomodation. All were powered by 29.6L Cummins V12 diesels with either 600hp or 700hp. One of them had a turbine engine put in as an experiment, but the fuel mileage was so bad that they went back to the diesel. The coolest bit is that the power steering motor was a complete Panhard engine, talk about boosted power steering. They were built for serious offroad use in the drilling and mining industries and were the biggest trucks in the world at the time, in the 1950s.

:france:

Jackie the Mick
Nov 10, 2003
Don' say we neva did nuthin fah yuz.

CharlesM posted:

Here's a Studebaker I spotted the other day! Sorry I cut off the edges. :(

God I want a Hawk GT so bad. It would go so well with my 64 Lincoln...

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
I mentioned a while ago about helping out a friend of mine put a 1965 Mustang together for his son, some progress has happened since then:

The mildly built 302/C4 have found their way in.

Steering/Suspension and brakes on both the front and rear are done. The wheels are temporary rollers for now.
The pictures I took of the rear end turned out terribly due to space and lighting issues, I'll see what I can do about that in the near future. My apologies.

And now the next phase of fun can begin, that's just the first harness! :unsmith:

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

The Ur-Quattro is my favorite Audi.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Video and audio of the crazy Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. I'm glad Lamborghini is back to making wild rear end cars that kids put up posters of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miblFMkuaw

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

G-Mach posted:

The Ur-Quattro is my favorite Audi.

That's a sport quatto! :eng101:

That actual car has something like 700hp and weighs in at maybe slightly more than a unicorn poop. It was also converted from a regular UrQuattro to a sport quattro. I want to do that conversion one day :allears:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmZMwk14r4c

A review of the street legal Formula Ford EcoBoost.

Oh my god do I want one :stare:.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Tusen Takk posted:

It makes all the right noises. :fap:

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Ask me about my torrid love affair with Geico :ese:

Powershift posted:

I went to a thing and took some pictures of things. Beverages were involved so i didn't take very many pictures of the things.

All i really learned is that the porsche 911 is stupidly comfortable for a 6'9" tall man. Waaaaaaaay too many people think they're professional photographers, and every single one of them is completely oblivious of their surroundings.

This was from a car show that I entered my '64 Impala in a few weeks ago. This is my brother (On the ground) making fun of all the people at the car show that think they are pro-photographers (Yes, he is holding a camera-phone):

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

Hoooly poo poo.

Please be built, and please be available in the US. (no problems with drive-side conversion!)

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So this looks pretty awesome :getin:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Froot Innsbruck?

http://jalopnik.com/this-bonkers-911-was-inspired-by-a-1980-plymouth-arrow-512881656

drzrma
Dec 29, 2008

N is for Nipples posted:

Hoooly poo poo.

Please be built, and please be available in the US. (no problems with drive-side conversion!)

This really needs to happen. Really really needs to happen.

I would immediately sell all of my motorcycles for one of those. Without a second thought.

I can't think of anything else with four wheels that I might have even the slightest chance of being able to afford inspiring that thought. Four wheels moves the body, two wheels whatever and all that, blah blah. Yes it's less practical than a Miata, and I'm sure it's slower than a lot of things. The eco in ecoboost is probably a joke, though maybe not. Who cares.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
Picture sucks, but my uncle's VW mini-bus laying dormant in my grandfather's backyard. Apparently it still works, but that seems shaky at most.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

This thing is stunning. The fact that it was garage-built after work is even cooler.

Content:

This is the best photo angle for a Viper.

Paul Boz_ fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 14, 2013

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Paul Boz_ posted:

This thing is stunning. The fact that it was garage-built after work is even cooler.

Content:

This is the best photo angle for a Viper.

Wrong. Profile is always best for Vipers. Look at those bodacious curves.

It's like the perfect sports car shape IMO.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Viper curves are sexier than almost anything. I love them. :allears:

Saw this on delivery yesterday, Mercedes GE 280. No clue why there are so many drat Floridians in Maryland. I hadn't seen one of these before, not sure if actually awesome AI.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

drzrma posted:

The eco in ecoboost is probably a joke, though maybe not. Who cares.

They say it gets 57mpg at a steady highway speed. That's quite impressive, at least to me.

... of course, I'm sure it gets much lower numbers if you drive it with some spirit, but smiles per gallon is certainly far higher.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Coronet XX posted:

Saw this on delivery yesterday, Mercedes GE 280. No clue why there are so many drat Floridians in Maryland. I hadn't seen one of these before, not sure if actually awesome AI.

In Los Angeles they are a dime a dozen, but you sure as hell won't find any with BFG's mounted. Unless they come 24" tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Coronet XX posted:

I used to see those "Salt Life" decals all the time in SC. My brain always read them as "Slut Life".