Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
:stare:

That's definitely a thing.

A, D via Panda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

PandaPropaganda posted:

Voting for A and also to D. tell Ishamal we're sorry, we just wanted to help.

+1

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

LLSix posted:

Diogines,

Are any Sky Giants particularly associated with saving small children and fools? Or maybe flying? Asking a flying sky giant for help would probably be a great idea since we don't want to experience falling if Ishamal saves us.

According to your mother's stories, Smattas and Marnal are prone to rescuing children and damsels in distress from a great variety of dangers.

According to your mother's stories, the Sky Giant Xuriel is said to have immensely beautiful wings and often soar through the sky, making rainbows after it rains. He is also a friend to birds.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 15, 2013

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

PandaPropaganda posted:

Do this!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

PandaPropaganda posted:

Yeah, I suppose I'll go with this. It's a little too coherent for my taste, but it could make sense. We've been yelling out to deities with little effect, we're hungry but we're also afraid, overwhelmed, and this dude is the first sign of anything stable we've encountered, other than all consuming hunger. Blubber out to him that we were just trying to help and oh poo poo please fix things!

I'm not averse to accidently noticing we've been gnawing on our own arm when we try to talk though.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

PandaPropaganda posted:

Voting for this.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You do not have the tooth, it fell when you let it go to grab the branch.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

PandaPropaganda posted:

Voting this. Sounds good.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
AD

Tell Ishamal, "Call me Enkindel."

Something tells me the old man is going down fighting the white whaleAsherah.

Edit: Or maybe we're Ahab in this instance? :ohdear:

Edit2: Serious vote below.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 15, 2013

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

PandaPropaganda posted:

This as well, I think we done messed something up lol

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Welp, that's one less dude guarding our mom and five year old friend when we could have ferried them up a tree. We totally managed to do something effective there.

I'm sort of surprised he even bothered to come get us, our annoying question session must have left more of a positive impression than I thought.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

quote:

In one story, a man gave many offerings to Asherah, but Asherah came to "bring his wrath" anyway. The man was patient and gentle, so mild he would not even eat fish as he did not want to hurt them and so instead ate seaweed. As he was out collecting seaweed, Asherah's wrath fell upon him. The man cried out to Smis for help as the sea shook and the sky turned dark. Smis left his home, a reef and wrestled with Asherah to try to save the man. Asherah ate Smis's arms which calmed his anger and he swam off.

quote:

There are other stories of the Great Fish trying to help people escape Asherah's wrath, they often fail. When they succeed it is either because they successfully hid them and Asherah ate something else, or Asherah took a bite out of one of the Great Fish instead. Even when people get saved from Asherah, he still eats someone, in every story. Your father does not like those stories, they were mostly shared by the women of your tribe.

The bolded parts are crucial. If we want to have any chance of surviving this ordeal, we have to eat something right this instant. With regards to question 1, I vote C: attempt to eat our (non-dominant) fingers/hand/arm all whilst praying to El that it is enough to satiate the beast's hunger. A bonus that comes with this decision is that if we survive, we will have a permanent reminder as to why we should cut all of our connections to our past self and the cannibal-fish demon we used to serve.

I will not stop praying to El for forgiveness and aide. Ishamel probably is an angel in disguise, and right now he doesn't seem to be having a lot of success in battling Asherah. We need to call for backup. 2E.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009
A and D, plan panda. Seems like a good idea.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Zybourne Clock posted:

The bolded parts are crucial. If we want to have any chance of surviving this ordeal, we have to eat something right this instant. With regards to question 1, I vote C: attempt to eat our (non-dominant) fingers/hand/arm all whilst praying to El that it is enough to satiate the beast's hunger. A bonus that comes with this decision is that if we survive, we will have a permanent reminder as to why we should cut all of our connections to our past self and the cannibal-fish demon we used to serve.
This seems like the sort of counter productive thing right in line with cutting ourselves in the middle of a fight, just saying. Besides, experience from the last game tells me it's probably best to not give in to any inexplicable head voices/feelings.

A

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
A & K: Yell panicked, incoherent curses at noone in particular.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

PandaPropaganda posted:

Yeah this is good for me. +1

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Changing my non-serious comedy vote after thinking a bit.

So, Asherah has us. From the stories, it looks like someone is getting eaten. Right now, that can be us, Ishamal, or a Great Fish. I dont want game over, and the old man is risking his life here for a dumb kid. Lets save him too if we can.

While El or the sky giants might save us, to stop Asherah's hunger we need to work within his pantheon, play by his rules.

AJ, call out for mercy from Ninveh the Mother of Gentle Giants. We always loved fishing, it was always Jorah's favorite Great Fish (and Jorah was the only one who seemed to give a drat about us besides Jalitha), they're good luck, and its more proactive than telling Ishamal we're sorry and then he gets eaten.

If this works, one day we promise to make whale fishing illegal in Zepath society.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Yell something like "Please don't hit me". Considering our upbringing we'd be expecting a good beating now.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

PandaPropaganda posted:

Voting for this.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

Absum posted:

Yell something like "Please don't hit me". Considering our upbringing we'd be expecting a good beating now.

This makes 110% sense to me, actually. Changing my vote to this.

(Though I really do want him to just beat the sin and hunger out of me.)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm partial to
1: A
2: Yell "Please don't kill me!"

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
We seem to still be flying! Everything is going perfectly according to plan!!!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

If Asherah want's to eat anything he can eat:

a) His own drat tooth
b) an iron (steel?) tipped spear

Remember that in the stories about El, Leviathon lost and didn't get to eat anyone.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1.B
2.D. tell Ishamal we're sorry, we just wanted to help, via Panda

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

HBar posted:

If El is listening, he already heard us. Now in our panic we scream out to Smattas and Marnal and then everyone else we can think of.

This is clearly the way to go. Only these mighty beings can aide us now! Although Ishmael's doing a drat fine job.

Diogines posted:

According to your mother's stories, Smattas and Marnal are prone to rescuing children and damsels in distress from a great variety of dangers.

See!

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 15, 2013

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

PandaPropaganda posted:

A D

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PandaPropaganda posted:

This

Crudus
Nov 14, 2006

I vote plan panda.

Also, it's obvious Asherah has some invisible fist (fin? tentacle?) wrapped around us which Ishamal is trying to fight off... which is badass! I hope we get to survive to be a mighty man.

baby picture
Aug 7, 2004

I wish I could press a button and a rope would instantly tie around my ankle and I would be hung out of the highest window of the highest skyscraper in the world
Whoops, ignore this!

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
A and ask Ishamael how long it is till his retirement.

DrMelon
Oct 9, 2010

You can find me in the produce aisle of the hospital.
I dunno, Ishmael should enjoy the flight a little more. Nothing better than hurtling through the air propelled by some kind of possessed child.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Guys. Please relax and think for a moment. We have a delicious offering to Asherah clinging to us right now. It's just a shame we let go of the tooth, or we could serve him up ourselves.

CF

So very hungry, hungry for Ishmael. Pray to Asherah and let him know that we've caught him a tasty El worshiping heathen. He's tender and properly aged. A delicious meal, and one that we pledge to offer to Asherah again and again if it will spare our meager life and let us serve. We know where they live and will serve Asherah a mountain of flesh. Praise Asherah.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

HBar posted:

If El is listening, he already heard us. Now in our panic we scream out to Smattas and Marnal and then everyone else we can think of.

Voting this.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Diogines, have we ever been sprayed by a whale while we were out with Jorah, or anything else that would indicate we were blessed by any of our other fish Gods?

Welp, you'll all be glad to know I'm hopping off the Asherah train and into the Minor Fishgods train. If our all powerful overgod would rather eat a scrawny child than have a delicious source of renewable lizard dragons as food, he can't be that smart an all consuming hunger.

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 15, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

maxhush posted:

Diogines, have we ever been sprayed by a whale while we were out with Jorah, or anything else that would indicate we were blessed by any of our other fish Gods?

Nope.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

PandaPropaganda posted:

This panda speaks truth.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Well, according to our stories then, Asherahs noticed us, therefore someones got to get eaten. Looks like, barring intervention, that someones going to be either us or Ishamal.

Also, according to Els stories he doesn't actually help people either, but sends people to help. So I'm thinking Ishamal is the response to our prayers? I'm just saying further prayers to El himself might have no effect. We've probably got a bit more flying time anyway to try different Gods.

Voting;

1. tarepandas D; 'Please don't hit me!!, I was just trying to help!! (Dad flashbacks)
2. J; Pray to the Ninveh for succor and the Smis for protection

Im justifying this by the fact we know that sometimes the other fishgods intervene with Asherahs hunger, whereas we I don't think we've heard stories of Els heroes intervening with his hunger, they may therefore be less qualified to help?. Although this would probably be more effective the closer we get to the ocean.

Obligatory; 'Lobster dude sounds way more badass than El's heroes, do any of them save people from ever hungry overgods by letting their arms get eaten off?' :v:

e: If it sweetens the deal, tell Ninveh that we'll get people from the city to stop whaling.

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 15, 2013

cxp
Mar 27, 2010
Fun Shoe

HBar posted:

Voting for this, especially since they're also known for saving children.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A
2. D - "What's happening!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
A and D works for me! (As per PandaPropaganda).

The good news is Ishamal, noted hunter of white whales, is here to help!