Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Goodpancakes posted:

F U C K Bi Tc He S Ge Tm O Ne Y

I don't understand why people think this is funny. I understand that coded messages are more entertaining, but the quote itself isn't funny, the coding itself is about as interesting as figuring out something writing left to right and there is no flow or rhythm or anything to reading it. India alpha mike alpha golf oscar oscar november yankee golf oscar oscar november, india kilo november oscar waldorf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Kajeesus posted:

I don't understand why people think this is funny. I understand that coded messages are more entertaining, but the quote itself isn't funny, the coding itself is about as interesting as figuring out something writing left to right and there is no flow or rhythm or anything to reading it. India alpha mike alpha golf oscar oscar november yankee golf oscar oscar november, india kilo november oscar waldorf.

May I ask that you consider that the yearbook editor might not have allowed the coded message if it were in plain text? The humor comes from putting one over on "the man" as well as subverting expectations by a young woman expressing desire to "gently caress bitches."

Thus concludes my dissertation on that joke you didn't get.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Sagebrush posted:

Ugh, I went out to dinner a couple of weeks ago and the entire family beside our table was just like that. Looked like mom, dad, aunt, uncle, five kids between them, and grandpa; everyone except grandpa spent the entire time staring into their laps and screwing with their iPhone/android/iPad/PSP between poorly aimed bites of food. Grandpa looked dejected for a while then started reading a newspaper with a grouchy expression on his face. :smith:

Oh. OH. Holy poo poo, I thought they were pretending to eat invisible sandwiches.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Frostwerks posted:

Oh. OH. Holy poo poo, I thought they were pretending to eat invisible sandwiches.

To be honest, I thought they were the kind of people who take pictures of their food before they eat it when they go out. I hate those people.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

To be honest, I thought they were the kind of people who take pictures of their food before they eat it when they go out. I hate those people.

That's exactly what is going on in that picture.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Modern Day Hercules posted:

That's exactly what is going on in that picture.

Oooooh I thought they were taking pictures of each other to put in their scrapbooks or whatever and was wondering why people were getting so irate over it.
Yeah don't take pictures of your food people. Nobody cares and neither will you in a few hours.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

dijon du jour posted:

Yeah don't take pictures of your food people. Nobody cares and neither will you in a few hours.

I believe in this in the vast majority of cases. The exception is fine dining, the plating of the food can be art in of itself and worth taking a picture of. Anyways funny picture time.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

KnifeWrench posted:

May I ask that you consider that the yearbook editor might not have allowed the coded message if it were in plain text? The humor comes from putting one over on "the man" as well as subverting expectations by a young woman expressing desire to "gently caress bitches."

Oh. Ohhh. Well, consider me thoroughly embarassed. :(

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Yep. There is a Tumblr devoted to this kind of dumbass: Pictures of Hipsters Taking Pictures of Food.

And here is a video parody: The iPhone 5 is for Food Photography.

And here is an article in The Daily Mail: 'Foodstagrammers' aren't just annoying - they may have a psychological problem, says leading psychiatrist.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

oh no, funny picture thread, what have they done to you :ohdear:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Daily Mail really needs to purchase the services of a proof-reader.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Ema Nymton posted:

Please tell me there are vans on the vans on the van

I'd like to think there are.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Never change, Daily Mail.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
From the E3 Microsoft thread:

Edit - I think this might get past the facebook rule since it's not :words: but ASCII art.

Pennywise the Frown has a new favorite as of 05:09 on Jun 18, 2013

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Mom orders a cake for her graduate, and gets more than she bargained for

For those who don't want to read the story, the mom ordered a cake with her kid's picture on, and requested that they "draw a cap on her head" well...

But it's okay, apparently they are not even slightly upset by it, and took it as an amazing joke opportunity.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Brother Jonathan posted:

'Foodstagrammers' aren't just annoying - they may have a psychological problem, says leading psychiatrist[/url].

That's probably the least remarkable meal I've ever seen someone take a picture of. Perhaps he's a Yelper taking a photo to showcase that plate to show other potential customers examples of that franchise, but I sincerely doubt it.

edit: or possibly he's taking a photo of those napkins that somehow became orange with grease

olaf2022 has a new favorite as of 09:31 on Jun 18, 2013

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Or it's done in jest to mock those who do it and take it seriously.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cakefool posted:

Or it's done in jest to mock those who do it and take it seriously.

You're not in a position to mock anyone if you're over 14 and still wear a baseball cap (backwards).

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bieber concerts are the best.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Stairs posted:

For those who don't want to read the story, the mom ordered a cake with her kid's picture on, and requested that they "draw a cap on her head" well...

But it's okay, apparently they are not even slightly upset by it, and took it as an amazing joke opportunity.

Am I the only one who thinks photo cakes are the tackiest thing ever ?

Content

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

BaconAndBullets posted:

I believe in this in the vast majority of cases. The exception is fine dining, the plating of the food can be art in of itself and worth taking a picture of. Anyways funny picture time.

Yeah except if you're out at fine dining it's tacky as gently caress to whip out your phone and start taking photos of your food. Last time I went out someplace nice the dude next to me literally stopped a waiter to get a shot of something with his DSLR. What the gently caress.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KnifeWrench posted:

Thus concludes my dissertation on that joke you didn't get.

It's not funny because it's obvious that there's a coded message in that text :colbert:

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Stoatbringer posted:

Could be worse.

It could be worse...

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

It's not funny because it's obvious that there's a coded message in that text :colbert:

That's the work of James May, current presenter of Top Gear. He got fired for that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Stairs posted:

Should have said "mortar board".

Jerry Cotton posted:

You're not in a position to mock anyone if you're over 14 and still wear a baseball cap

What is it with people on the internet and hats? You'd think it was a crime to want to keep the sun out of your eyes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tiggum posted:

What is it with people on the internet and hats? You'd think it was a crime to want to keep the sun out of your eyes.

But baseball caps aren't designed to keep the sun out of your eyes???

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

Why did you cut out a part of that post you quoted just to make a point that wouldn't have worked if you'd left the whole thing intact?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

LordArgh posted:

Why did you cut out a part of that post you quoted just to make a point that wouldn't have worked if you'd left the whole thing intact?

It was in brackets. The meaning I took from it was that Jerry Cotton disapproves of anyone over 14 wearing a baseball cap in any way, but especially if it's backwards. :shrug:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

LordArgh posted:

Because he's a pedantic sperg?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Novum posted:

Gordon Ramsay Sex Dwarf is a great album name.

I was trying to think of a name for my new band, I'm taking this.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

BonHair posted:

Bieber concerts are the best.

There sure are a lot of old men at a Beiber concert.

As to taking pictures of food, I say we start a new trend and start taking pictures of good dumps.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

veedubfreak posted:

As to taking pictures of food, I say we start a new trend and start taking pictures of good dumps.

Been done, a looooong time ago. Not sure if Ratemypoo dot com is still be active or not. And I'm not about to be the one to check.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Livingston posted:

Because he's a pedantic sperg?

Apparently this was in Tel Aviv, and she was the one asking for and excited about the photo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BaconAndBullets posted:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

No joke, in college, we bought a box of those and put them in our freezer, just to see if any of the other roommate would eat one. One of them did.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

They had that same sign at my commissary. Apparently they were getting a lot of complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You'd think the big PURINA logo would tip some people off.

• Locked thread