Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Could have sworn they'd have gone with "DENG DONG THE WED IS DEAD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

It's a play on this

And fake.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Apparently the reason for the divorce are "jaw-dropping", but no-one has stated what it is, so it could be very amusing.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Murdoch's threesome with Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson.

HCO Plumer GCB GCM
Apr 29, 2010

"Gentlemen, we may not make history tomorrow, but we shall certainly change the geography."

BastardySkull posted:

Murdoch's threesome with Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson.

Would I be exposing myself to possible joint culpability for libel if I were to say "get out of my head".

Except R was the one who sued, so maybe it was W in the triangle.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Brown Moses posted:

Apparently the reason for the divorce are "jaw-dropping", but no-one has stated what it is, so it could be very amusing.

His jaw literally fell off and landed on her face during sex.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

SedanChair posted:

His jaw literally fell off and landed on her face during sex.

Well isn't this thread just ground loving zero for lovely mental imagery?

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp

Brown Moses posted:

He traded her in for a younger model. 16 years old and just out of school?
Oh! I have it! He's about to be named as a suspect in Pedogate!

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Jut posted:

He traded her in for a younger model. 16 years old and just out of school?
Oh! I have it! He's about to be named as a suspect in Pedogate!
I'm going with he's been shagging Louise Mensch, just because that'd tie everything together nicely.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
She's been shagging roop jnr behind his back.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Brown Moses posted:

Eagerly awaiting to see if Roop will even dare try a super-injunction on details :allears:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He's been bangin' Brooks and Raisa on the side.

Wendy plan on telling her?

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp

The Entire Universe posted:

He's been bangin' Brooks and Raisa on the side.

Wendy plan on telling her?

They are both too old for him.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

This would be the ultimate Hackgate twist if true

quote:

Rupert Murdoch Divorce: Tony Blair's Spokesperson Denies Rumors of Affair With Wendi Murdoch

A rep in the former British Prime Minister's office dismissed suspicions swirling around his friendship with the News Corp. mogul's wife.

LONDON – A spokesperson for former British prime minister Tony Blair flatly denied media rumors that Wendi Murdoch was romantically involved with him.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

Everything You Wanted to Know About Rupert and Wendi Murdoch (But Were Afraid to Ask)
When contacted by The Hollywood Reporter, the rep said: "If you are asking if they are having an affair, the answer is no."

The questions swirling around Wendi Murdoch's reportedly close friendships with various powerful men -- including Blair, MySpace co-founder Chris DeWolfe, and Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt -- began trending on the Internet overnight as news broke that Rupert Murdoch, aged 82, had begun divorce proceedings in New York on Thursday.

The spokesperson said Blair would not be making a public comment on the divorce proceedings himself.
Blair is godfather to Rupert and Wendi Murdoch's two children Grace, aged 11, and Chloe, 9.

"if they are having an affair", what if the question was were they having an affair?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Brown Moses posted:

"if they are having an affair", what if the question was were they having an affair?
That's exactly what I was thinking while reading that. Not that it matters as the spokesperson isn't likely to go "Oh yeah that happened, we just don't like to talk about it"
Then there's the whole "If you are asking" part, implying compartmentalised secrecy. You can read a lot into quotes if you really want.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
That spokesperson is Malcolm Tucker, right? This is the perfect way to create a story by simply stating the truth. Either that or a poor intern who's about to get fired.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Brown Moses posted:

This would be the ultimate Hackgate twist if true

If they were, what are the likely repercussions? I mean, Blair's been out office for ages at this point, and while it makes Murdoch look bad that's nothing new.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

A human heart posted:

If they were, what are the likely repercussions? I mean, Blair's been out office for ages at this point, and while it makes Murdoch look bad that's nothing new.

If the second kid is his then I guess you could say he got Wendi into new labor

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Do we know whether there's a pre nuptial agreement? Hopefully there isn't and Murdoch dies of grief as his precious little empire gets torn apart.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

wibblewobble posted:

Do we know whether there's a pre nuptial agreement? Hopefully there isn't and Murdoch dies of grief as his precious little empire gets torn apart.
You'll still need to find the fucker's Horcruxes.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Haha how could Wendi Murdoch dive deeper into pure evil? It's not as if there is a person worse than Rupert oh.

Pozzo
Nov 4, 2009

What is like posting in a thread?
A Ballista, that's what!

Byolante posted:

If the second kid is his then I guess you could say he got Wendi into new labor

I want there to be a competition that this can win. Because it would win that competition.

e: Hackgate pun competition?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

wibblewobble posted:

From what I recall way back in '06 there was a big dustup where Murdoch said that denied the two newest kids voting rights for the company in his will. On television, which is the first his wife heard of it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Party Plane Jones posted:

From what I recall way back in '06 there was a big dustup where Murdoch said that denied the two newest kids voting rights for the company in his will. On television, which is the first his wife heard of it.

Where is Jerry Springer when you need two dads sitting either side of a mad woman awaiting the results of a paternity test.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Looks like Rupe's been caught on tape -

Private Eye posted:

IN MARCH Rupert Murdoch met several of the Sun journalists who have been arrested over allegations of paying public officials. The way they were being treated by police, he told them as several tape recorders secreted around the room ran, was “just outrageous…

“I don’t know of anybody that did anything that wasn’t being done across Fleet Street and wasn’t the culture. We’re being picked on, I think... We’re talking about payments for news tips from cops. That’s been going on for a hundred years, absolutely… It was the culture of Fleet Street.”

More at the link above.

Looks like the hacks didn't trust Rupe, and they recorded him admitting to being a part of phone hacking. Looks like his bad situation might have just got worse.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The Dark Project posted:

Looks like Rupe's been caught on tape -

More at the link above.

Looks like the hacks didn't trust Rupe, and they recorded him admitting to being a part of phone hacking. Looks like his bad situation might have just got worse.

Now I'm going to have a smile on my face all day. Thanks!

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So what is the implication of this recording?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Please say he told Leveson that he'd never bribe a cop or endorse bribery. Pretty please? :allears:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

prefect posted:

Please say he told Leveson that he'd never bribe a cop or endorse bribery. Pretty please? :allears:

He pretty much said he had no idea of any bribing nor would he tolerate such. If it happened, he didn't know anything about it. I remember a bit of a kerfuffle where everyone was slamming him for either lying or being the most incompetent CEO since well, forever.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

A human heart posted:

I think the repercussions would probably be Tony Blair needing physical therapy for his shoulder and hand due to severe high-five fatigue.

I mean, poo poo, Rupert Murdoch was constantly making GBS threads on him throughout his term as PM; so he hosed Rupert's wife. That's some cold-rear end poo poo, there, man. If it's true, well done, Tony.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Where is the Blair Wendy Affair stuff coming from? The immediate denials before anybody even asked the question?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ACanofPepsi posted:

Where is the Blair Wendy Affair stuff coming from? The immediate denials before anybody even asked the question?

Yes? thats what i'm getting from it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Thanatosian posted:

I think the repercussions would probably be Tony Blair needing physical therapy for his shoulder and hand due to severe high-five fatigue.

I mean, poo poo, Rupert Murdoch was constantly making GBS threads on him throughout his term as PM; so he hosed Rupert's wife. That's some cold-rear end poo poo, there, man. If it's true, well done, Tony.

Yes, Tony Blair is a terrible man. But to paraphrase Churchill, I'd put in a good word for the devil if he fought against Hitler.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Thanatosian posted:

The same Tony Blair that's godfather to Rupe's newest offspring, you mean?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

glitchkrieg posted:

The same Tony Blair that's godfather to Rupe's newest offspring, you mean?

And now is potentially not just the godfather to those kids apparently.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

More charging news:

quote:

Operation Elveden: Sun journalist Nick Parker and prison officer Lee Brockhouse to be charged

Gregor McGill, a senior lawyer with the Crown Prosecution Service, whose team handles CPS decision making and potential prosecutions in relation to the on-going phone hacking investigations and other related matters, said:

"This statement is made in the interests of transparency and accountability to explain the decisions reached in respect of cases arising from Operation Elveden, which is the Metropolitan Police’s investigation into allegations involving the unlawful provision of information by public officials to journalists.

"This announcement relates to a file of evidence from the Metropolitan Police Service that was received by the CPS on 6 June 2013.

“Following a careful review of the evidence, we have concluded that Nick Parker, a journalist at The Sun newspaper, should be charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit misconduct in a public office.

“We have also concluded that Lee Brockhouse, a prison officer at HMP Swaleside, should be charged with one count of misconduct in a public office and one count of conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office.

“It is alleged that on two occasions The Sun newspaper paid money to a public official in exchange for the unauthorised disclosure of information to Nick Parker relating to well-known individuals.

“It is also alleged that between 23 April 2007 and 27 October 2009, The Sun newspaper paid £1750 to prison officer Lee Brockhouse for the unauthorised disclosure of information to Nick Parker.

“Additionally, it is alleged that Lee Brockhouse provided similar information to the People newspaper, for which he was paid £900.

“It is alleged that information provided by Lee Brockhouse included that relating to the movement of prisoners, prison procedures and methods used by prisoners to smuggle items into prison.

“The CPS has also determined, having carefully reviewed all the evidence in a file relating to these allegations and concerning one journalist, received from the Metropolitan Police on 22 May 2013, that no further action should be taken in relation to allegations of conspiracy to commit misconduct in a public office against this suspect.

“Due to ongoing proceedings it would be inappropriate to say any more at this stage. At the conclusion of any related proceedings we will consider what more can be made public in relation to this decision.

“All of these matters were considered carefully in accordance with the DPP's guidelines on the public interest in cases affecting the media. This guidance asks prosecutors to consider whether the public interest served by the conduct in question outweighs the overall criminality before bringing criminal proceedings.

"Accordingly, we have authorised the institution of proceedings against Nick Parker and Lee Brockhouse and both individuals will appear before Westminster Magistrates' Court on 11 July 2013.

"May I remind all concerned that proceedings for criminal offences involving these two individuals will now be commenced and that each has a right to a fair trial. It is very important that nothing is said, or reported, which could prejudice that trial. For these reasons it would be inappropriate for me to comment further."

The full charges are as follows:

NICK PARKER, between 26 March and 3 April 2009, conspired together with a public official, namely a police officer, to commit misconduct in a public office
Contrary to section 1(1) Criminal Law Act 1977

NICK PARKER, between 2 and 7 December 2009, conspired together with a public official, namely a police officer, to commit misconduct in a public office

Between 23 April 2007 and 27 October 2009, NICK PARKER and LEE BROCKHOUSE conspired together to commit misconduct in a public office
Between 1 February 2009 and 3 June 2011, LEE BROCKHOUSE, whilst acting as a public officer, namely a prison officer at Her Majesty’s Prison, Swaleside, wilfully and without reasonable excuse or justification misconducted himself
Contrary to common law.

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
I've completely lost track - how many charges has Elveden yielded now?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Illuminati by Nature posted:

I've completely lost track - how many charges has Elveden yielded now?

It's the sixth Sun journalists, although plenty of plebs have been charged and pled guilty already.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Via Michael Wolff

quote:

Despite Blair denials, New York Times is apparently flooding the zone on Wendi-Tony story.
Hmm..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

What does this mean in English?

• Locked thread