Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What's the carb count like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

I wasn't thinking about eating it but now I am!

Luegene Cards
Oct 25, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

I spooned one into my dog's bowl and without thinking licked the spoon. I'm pretty sure it's cold fat. Excellent macros, is what I'm saying.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Luegene Cards posted:

I spooned one into my dog's bowl and without thinking licked the spoon. I'm pretty sure it's cold fat. Excellent macros, is what I'm saying.

I like to take a quick sip of my cat's Whiskas Milk. It's sweet and malty goodness.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

No sugar added!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
A friend of mine runs a cupcake bakery and will occasionally do "Pup-cakes" and it's gotten to the point that she has to make certain every single person who orders one understands they're for dogs.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I desperately want these to be real. :(

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

DrBouvenstein posted:

No joke, in college, we bought a box of those and put them in our freezer, just to see if any of the other roommate would eat one. One of them did.

And? Dude, you can't end the story THERE.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Effingham posted:

He ate it, it was gross, they laughed at him, the end.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My friend used to eat the bacon flavored milk bones.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

zoux posted:

He ate it, it was gross, they laughed at him, the end.

Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime from one point of frozen desert to another, Dr. Sam Beckett ate the quantum leap accelerator dog treat and vanished. He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better of all frozen deserts. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so, Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I don't understand why people freak out about the idea of eating dog food. It's just very bland tasting compared to what we are used to.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Glottis posted:

I don't understand why people freak out about the idea of eating dog food. It's just very bland tasting compared to what we are used to.

It's gross and it's made from circus animal meat?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Effingham posted:

It was really tragic, he loved them and started buying them and eating them regularly, and then one day he broke his neck trying to lick his own balls.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

zoux posted:

And some filler.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

zoux posted:

Maybe if you buy your dog food from Safeway.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Things like this also exist:

Once, a friend bought it and tried it. He said it tasted like watered down peanut butter. They also had other flavors, but I haven't seen them recently, so I guess there wasn't a market for bottled dog water? :shrug:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

zoux posted:

So exactly like fast food, then.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

morcant posted:

Once, a friend bought it and tried it. He said it tasted like watered down peanut butter. They also had other flavors, but I haven't seen them recently, so I guess there wasn't a market for bottled dog water? :shrug:

This water is .01% not wet.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I suggest anyone not yet onboard with eating dog food check out this tread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473660

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

There are human beings whose job it is to taste test dog food.

I hope they get paid very well for that work.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Random Stranger posted:

There are human beings whose job it is to taste test dog food.

I hope they get paid very well for that work.

I hear turn-over's high because it's ruff work. But they get paid well because they're very good boys, yes they are!

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Kwyndig posted:

To be honest, I thought they were the kind of people who take pictures of their food before they eat it when they go out. I hate those people.

:nws:No, pictures of food can be awesome.:nws:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Not that I've ever eaten dog food (a necessary disclaimer on this site), but I can't imagine there's be any real harmful side effects. Humans, dogs, cats, we're all mammals, our body chemistry can't be that different (chocolate's toxicity in dogs notwithstanding.)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Fucknag posted:

Not that I've ever eaten dog food (a necessary disclaimer on this site), but I can't imagine there's be any real harmful side effects. Humans, dogs, cats, we're all mammals, our body chemistry can't be that different (chocolate's toxicity in dogs notwithstanding.)

IIRC, many pet foods contain a lot more taurine than the human body is meant to process.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Fucknag posted:

I hear onions are bad too.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fucknag posted:

I'm sure it's fine but just tastes terrible especially compared to what we've grown used to eating. I bet it might be more palatable to a human who lived 10,000 years ago.
I ate a dog biscuit once or twice. They are amazingly dry.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Fucknag posted:

:toxx:

Seriously though wasn't that goldmined thread a mod challenge where everybody who said it was probably fine to eat dog food in the thread had to eat dog food or get banned?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The dog cookies at Petco look like people cookies. Like, an 8-year-old would be forgiven for thinking they were people cookies.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

tehloki posted:

:toxx:

Seriously though wasn't that goldmined thread a mod challenge where everybody who said it was probably fine to eat dog food in the thread had to eat dog food or get banned?

Nah, some guy posted a thread trying to find out the most nutritious dog food to buy so he could save some money in college. He had to then make a video of him eating dog food or he'd get banned. Then a bunch of other goons made videos of them eating dog food for the simple reason that they're goons.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ok Fella posted:

I was trying to think of a name for my new band, I'm taking this.

It's cool because it sounds cute and random but there is a dark truth behind it. Badger death :black101:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Tiggum posted:

Should have said "mortar board".

I agree, at least you can't mishear "mortar board."

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

I don't get it. I mean, I think I'm fairly smart. Went to college and all. It wasn't no Gudger College but still.

Mr.Electric Ocean
May 6, 2007

It's dignity! Don't you even know dignity when you see it?

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

Okay, genius, why don't you draw dignity.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Jerome Agricola posted:

I don't get it. I mean, I think I'm fairly smart. Went to college and all. It wasn't no Gudger College but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyABAWnngFg

No wonder you don't recognize it!

nefb; I tried to find an English clip to no avail

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

morcant posted:

You kinda get the feeling someone came up with the name first and then jammed it into the first product they could think of.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyABAWnngFg

No wonder you don't recognize it!

nefb; I tried to find an English clip to no avail

I wonder what they do with Bumblebee Guy in Spanish. Does he speak Romanian or something?

Oy Gevalt!
Apr 15, 2003

Find one in every car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Wrong thread!

Stormageddon has a new favorite as of 20:22 on Jun 18, 2013

• Locked thread