Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Amused to Death posted:

I think it's a silly and sappy quote, but apparently the correct response to it is kill feminism.

Well of course it is. If more women hear this quote, they might think they no longer need to judge themselves by how much a man wants to have sex with them, and then how will MRAs and PUAs get laid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Segmentation Fault posted:

Everyone else should do it too, these guys don't belong on the Internet.

Eh they're small fish.(plus I want that poll to exist for eternity). The ultimate goal would be to get A Voice for Men taken down, we have them being ruled a hate group by the SPLC already on our side.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Kuroyama posted:

Well of course it is. If more women hear this quote, they might think they no longer need to judge themselves by how much a man wants to have sex with them, and then how will MRAs and PUAs get laid?

It's still about what men think of how women look, though.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

This are the same dudes that start yelling about free speech when their hateful comments get deleted somewhere else right?

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dear Uncle Sam's Misguided Children and America's Misled Patriots.

gently caress you.

That is all.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
This is just a general gripe so know funny pictures, but there is a whole pile of crappy reality TV shows in Australia. It's really common to see people say 'man I watched insert crappy show here and god it sucked' and variants thereof. Crappy reality TV shows like the ones they often complain about are solely designed to create buzz (negative or otherwise) in social media circles so when they talk about it they are helping the show exist. It's just like those giant murderous advertising mascots from the Simpsons - the solution is just not to look and ignore them.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

PBJ posted:

Dear Uncle Sam's Misguided Children and America's Misled Patriots.

gently caress you.

That is all.

This really can't be said enough.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Flaggy posted:

This really can't be said enough.

For real. Uncle Sam's Misguided Children in particular really disillusions my feeling toward the military. My own uncle is in the Marine Corps. and he's one of the kindest guys I know. And then on the other hand there's that group and it's just... ugh.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Segmentation Fault posted:

For real. Uncle Sam's Misguided Children in particular really disillusions my feeling toward the military. My own uncle is in the Marine Corps. and he's one of the kindest guys I know. And then on the other hand there's that group and it's just... ugh.

I remember hearing once that nobody hates the obnoxious pro-war military worship from people who have never served and have no idea what war is like as much as actual servicemen and women do.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I remember hearing once that nobody hates the obnoxious pro-war military worship from people who have never served and have no idea what war is like as much as actual servicemen and women do.

The sad thing is, most of my "friends" that post that poo poo are active duty Marines. They were actually pretty decent people before they joined, and now all I get from them is stupid screeds against Islam and non-whites.

Is it normal for fresh boots to become hateful bigots during their first tour as a Marine?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

PBJ posted:

Is it normal for fresh boots to become hateful bigots during their first tour as a Marine?

It's normal for them to stop hiding it, yes.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Augmentropy posted:

CNN is sensationalist garbage almost completely devoid of worthwhile content, even by comparison to Duck Dynasty. A Good Ecard.

https://twitter.com/Brandon_Borders/status/347062926563217408/photo/1/large

Yup.

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu
It's time for the Apocalypse again! Apparently there is literally a Horseman of the Apocalypse riding around in a tornado.

All right, which one of you is Kevin?

vv Poor Albert didn't make it onto this one before I screencapped it. Now he's got other people doing that tick tick thing. I'm so happy he has friends.

Taliaquin has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Jun 18, 2013

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right

Taliaquin posted:

It's time for the Apocalypse again! Apparently there is literally a Horseman of the Apocalypse riding around in a tornado.

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
Hey, my dad added a new friend on facebook, let's see if he too is a massive racist:

:stare:

Oh my.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Experto Crede posted:

Hey, my dad added a new friend on facebook, let's see if he too is a massive racist:

:stare:

Oh my.

Wait, that's the Nazi from the Wolfenstien box art.

That game is about killing Nazis why would you put it on your Nazi Facebook page. :psyduck:
(If I'm correct and this man is indeed a Nazi)

Also: Langemarck? Is that a reference to the Battle of Langemarck or something? Or does this dude just live there.

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 00:51 on Jun 19, 2013

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Taliaquin posted:

vv Poor Albert didn't make it onto this one before I screencapped it. Now he's got other people doing that tick tick thing. I'm so happy he has friends.

I had a mental image of the Four Horsemen just spinning around in a tornado.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Where is the horse supposed to be? I see nothing that even remotely resembles a horse in there

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

screaden posted:

Where is the horse supposed to be? I see nothing that even remotely resembles a horse in there

Don't you get it? The horse is a metaphor for the illuminati and Obama or something.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Apr 2, 2014

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Is that a real thing? Someone paid to have that built? I would suspect ulterior motives too...

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Shannonmcn posted:

Is that a real thing? Someone paid to have that built? I would suspect ulterior motives too...

Yes. And the best part - it killed the guy that made it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Jim%C3%A9nez_%28sculptor%29

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Don't forget the glowing red demon eyes at night.

Yeah. That, and this : :nws:NWS for crazy horse statue butthole:nws:

Tony Phillips has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Jun 19, 2013

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Yes. And the best part - it killed the guy that made it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Jim%C3%A9nez_%28sculptor%29

Don't forget the glowing red demon eyes at night.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Apr 2, 2014

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu
There are actually two horses at work here - the ugly blue horse pictured above, and the "pale horse" of Revelation. The woman claiming to see a horse somewhere on the left is referring to the latter. I don't see it. <:mad:>

EDIT: Unless she thinks the blue horse is the pale horse of Revelation, in which case Revelation is a loving let-down.

Taliaquin has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Jun 19, 2013

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

screaden posted:

The tornado is the horse.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I had a mental image of the Four Horsemen just spinning around in a tornado.

I'm now imagining Ric Flair just floating in a Rolls Royce like the witch on the broomstick in Wizard of OZ, saying, "I'll get you, little girl, and that little mutt too! WOOOOOOOOO!"

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Shannonmcn posted:

It's not just the horse really, the whole airport has many features that have caused it to be a favorite for :tinfoil: wackjob conspiracy theories:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_International_Airport#Controversy

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Kimmalah posted:

It's not just the horse really, the whole airport has many features that have caused it to be a favorite for :tinfoil: wackjob conspiracy theories:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_International_Airport#Controversy

Some people really do have very little going on in their lives.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I just imagine the master architect was laughing his rear end off designing an airport with meaningless conspiracy theory hints.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Shannonmcn posted:

Some people really do have very little going on in their lives.

I like the way they saw innocuous stuff like Navajo geographic names and automatically thought "It's an impenetrable Satanic code put in this random airport by the Masons and/or Templars!! :supaburn: "

And really, if you were a big sinister organization planning all this future military oppression or whatever, would you really paint murals of it in a loving airport for the public to see?

(Yes I realize conspiracy theorist generally aren't the most rational thinkers.)

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

dijon du jour posted:

Wait, that's the Nazi from the Wolfenstien box art.

That game is about killing Nazis why would you put it on your Nazi Facebook page. :psyduck:
(If I'm correct and this man is indeed a Nazi)

Also: Langemarck? Is that a reference to the Battle of Langemarck or something? Or does this dude just live there.

He probably just used that cover image because they thought it'd be kickass to be a glowing energy Nazi. Neo-nazis aren't really known for critical thinking.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

^^^ I never understood why people hero-worship sociopaths.

A moderate Republican friend of mine has some of the most xenophobic friends:

Yes, I am sure his all inclusive apple resort is going to be teeming with dangerous Mexicans.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:sigh:

Jimmy Noskill
Nov 5, 2010

Blue is some random dude I don't know. The other is the fundie to end all fundies. He is militantly pro-life and has spent the last couple of days attacking other pro-lifers who aren't as extreme as he is. The real gem comes at the end. I won't censor his name because he doesn't deserve anonymity.

I wasn't able to get a screencap of the deleted comment, but I remember it word for word. He said "Now I'm going to say something that will really make you mad: slavery isn't inherently immoral."

Why do I know so many terrible excuses for human beings?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

I kind of feel like everyone on his friends list has the same opinion: "Please take your pills, Adam. Take a deep breath and lie down."

Edit: It will be watching you and listening always :tinfoil:

Double-Edit: He also liked his own comment. I just noticed that.

Just Burgs has a new favorite as of 00:23 on Jun 20, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I Before E posted:

I'm now imagining Ric Flair just floating in a Rolls Royce like the witch on the broomstick in Wizard of OZ, saying, "I'll get you, little girl, and that little mutt too! WOOOOOOOOO!"

Thank god it's not just me that hears "four horsemen" and instead of thinking "Conquest, War, Famine and Death", thinks "Arn, Ole, Tully and Ric".

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

VogeGandire posted:

Thank god it's not just me that hears "four horsemen" and instead of thinking "Conquest, War, Famine and Death", thinks "Arn, Benoit, Pillman, and Ric".

Fixed for true the true four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Jimmy Noskill posted:

Blue is some random dude I don't know. The other is the fundie to end all fundies. He is militantly pro-life and has spent the last couple of days attacking other pro-lifers who aren't as extreme as he is. The real gem comes at the end. I won't censor his name because he doesn't deserve anonymity.

I wasn't able to get a screencap of the deleted comment, but I remember it word for word. He said "Now I'm going to say something that will really make you mad: slavery isn't inherently immoral."

Why do I know so many terrible excuses for human beings?

Man I like how these reprobates take it as an article of faith that if they just try hard enough to educate people, public opinion will turn against abortion. Despite that being literally the opposite of reality.

• Locked thread