Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
Gonna go with whichever is NOT LYING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

NOT LYING works for me.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

I vote not lying, whatever that is exactly.

Tudhalias
Sep 7, 2009

Arkanomen posted:

Voting C. Tell the king, either in our words, or through our mother, that we had just experienced a strange vision and that we must tell him, even if we fear it will anger you. This is something serious we experienced and it is also important to tell that we have turned our back on the old ways. We are going to be a hero and heroes do not lie or hide the truth. Our mother need not fear for us.

Screw it. I'm going to flip-flop and go with Arkanomen's C.

SerSpook posted:

Xuriel is an angel of flight, known for its large, beautiful wings. We do not know anything about Mereniel.

I'm betting Mereniel is known in Zepath as Maranal, just as Asherah is likely the same entity as Asharak (who the Zepathans said was a monster slain at the beginning of creation).

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Tudhalias posted:

I'm betting Mereniel is known in Zepath as Maranal, just as Asherah is likely the same entity as Asharak (who the Zepathans said was a monster slain at the beginning of creation).
They said the angels were sent to slay the monsters, not that they actually managed to do that.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Raserys posted:

I'm gonna go with elaborate that we heard the voices after getting our first haircut and getting the Asherah punched out of us.

Voting this. Let's not lie to the king just yet, but tell him about the various circumstances behind our dream.

Diogines, when you say we can ask the King anything as per the usual rules of the game, why do we need to vote for that option to ask him anything. Usual rules were telling an NPC something required a vote, asking a question was free.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
A

Not including dreams, we have never seen anything like that, so don't lie.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Just tell him the truth. Telling lies is just confusing and boring.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Missed a few votes, SIGH.

C: Not Lying, keep the bandwagon goin. Fingers crossed it is a sign of GREAT POTENTIAL for the future.

Also, I guess besides the dreams, we're done with Asherah then. So long fishdad.

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax

Arkanomen posted:

Voting C. Tell the king, either in our words, or through our mother, that we had just experienced a strange vision and that we must tell him, even if we fear it will anger you. This is something serious we experienced and it is also important to tell that we have turned our back on the old ways. We are going to be a hero and heroes do not lie or hide the truth. Our mother need not fear for us.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
C we are a naive kid who wants to please the King!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Be honest +1

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

Not voting to lie. Just voting to yell that.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Jumping on the honesty bandwagon. Like others have posted we should let him know the circumstances behind each, and that we're sorry if it doesn't make much sense.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Going with Option Arkanomen.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Arkanomen posted:

I am not sure what Akranon wants Enkindel to say. Are you referring to the vision of Asherah?

I also don't understand these votes for "not lying". Is anyone voting for lying?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Update tomorrow, sorry for the delay folks.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Arkanomen posted:

This.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I am not sure what Akranon wants Enkindel to say. Are you referring to the vision of Asherah?

I also don't understand these votes for "not lying". Is anyone voting for lying?

The offered votes were "Tell him you saw X" or "Tell him you did not see X". Rather than try to figure out which one of those options was true and vote for it, people are voting "Whichever one of those is not a lie." It's not to counter lying. It's because they (and I) are ignorant of the actual truth of the matter and don't want to lie accidentally.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Vavrek posted:

The offered votes were "Tell him you saw X" or "Tell him you did not see X". Rather than try to figure out which one of those options was true and vote for it, people are voting "Whichever one of those is not a lie." It's not to counter lying. It's because they (and I) are ignorant of the actual truth of the matter and don't want to lie accidentally.

The truth is probably no. I can't find anything hinting at those sort of things after re-reading Diog's posts. Unless dream whales count, which they probably don't. Also, maybe Enky is too ignorant of birds to notice if one acts weird. Unless by weird, the King means glowing and speaking like a human.

Just in case some animal shenanigans happened and we need to actively remember it:

QUESTION FOR DIOG/our memory:
1. Can we remember birds doing anything weird?
2. Can we remember any animals acting weird in the summer?
3. Can we remember any fish or living thing in the sea acting weird?
2. Have we seen/heard more birds in the last few days in the forest than in our entire life? I think there are hardly any birds on the beach and ocean, but I want to be sure.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 24, 2013

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

Don't you dare lie to that king. Voting for honesty

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax

2. Have we seen/heard more birds in the last few days in the forest than in our entire life? I think there are hardly any birds on the beach and ocean, but I want to be sure.

What the hell kind of beaches have you been to?

Seconding these self-questions, though.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

B. Willing to mention:

1. whales and every anthropomorphized being Enkidel "saw" plus this guy:
2. 3. All the insects and birds of this noisy forest have gone silent, as well as other creatures, when Ishamal's light was fading after the incident.
4. More distant and the chorus of the birds and insects seems a bit quieter while Enkidel was exploring the forest.

Above all: TELL THE TRUTH!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Actually, holy gently caress guys, we have seen animals acting oddly. Remember when we got lost in the forest, and prayed to El? They went away. Tell Tudiyah this.

edit: Oh OhYo mentioned this too. Awesome. I probably read that without even realizing it.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

SerSpook posted:

Actually, holy gently caress guys, we have seen animals acting oddly. Remember when we got lost in the forest, and prayed to El? They went away. Tell Tudiyah this.

edit: Oh OhYo mentioned this too. Awesome. I probably read that without even realizing it.

Actually we better not tell Tudiya we irresponsibly wen't adventuring one night with his son in to the forest without anyone's permission. Presumably he doesn't know that. Everything else is okay, let's just not tell that detail, at least not yet.

ConfusedPig fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 25, 2013

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Actually we better not tell Tudiya we irresponsibly wen't adventuring one night with his in to the forest without anyone's permission. Presumably he doesn't know that. Everything else is okay, let's just not tell that detail, at least not yet.

Just say we were lost then.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

SerSpook posted:

Just say we were lost then.

Or were looking for a private place to pee.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Imperialist Dog posted:

Or were looking for a private place to pee.

We always pray to El before we pee!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Don't we just kinda think they maybe might have gone sort of quieter? Supposed to be somewhat inconclusive, I think. We might still feel it worth mentioning, but I'm not sure it's the sort of thing that would stick out right away.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Sogol posted:

We always pray to El before we pee!

I always had the feeling that The King knew we were sneaking out, or that some other guy was keeping an eye on us.

Tremynci
Jun 16, 2012

I always had the feeling that The King knew we were sneaking out, or that some other guy was keeping an eye on us.

Yeah, I find it impossible to believe that there haven't been sentries posted. Honesty is the best policy: Tudiya can read our thoughts, anyway, so why bother lying, even out of ignorance?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tremynci posted:

Yeah, I find it impossible to believe that there haven't been sentries posted. Honesty is the best policy: Tudiya can read our thoughts, anyway, so why bother lying, even out of ignorance?

Our regularly scheduled program resumes tonight. For realz.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

The truth is probably no. I can't find anything hinting at those sort of things after re-reading Diog's posts. Unless dream whales count, which they probably don't. Also, maybe Enky is too ignorant of birds to notice if one acts weird. Unless by weird, the King means glowing and speaking like a human.

Just in case some animal shenanigans happened and we need to actively remember it:

QUESTION FOR DIOG/our memory:
1. Can we remember birds doing anything weird?
2. Can we remember any animals acting weird in the summer?
3. Can we remember any fish or living thing in the sea acting weird?
4. Have we seen/heard more birds in the last few days in the forest than in our entire life? I think there are hardly any birds on the beach and ocean, but I want to be sure.

To 1, 2 and 3. Beyond anything explicitly written into the game so far, no.

To 4, this forest has many, many more birds than the forest of your home village near the beach, though the shore had many seabirds.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

SerSpook posted:

Actually, gently caress it. Tell The King this. This is the only time birds have acted odd. I want to see our little Enky squirm and be bashful like an kid admitting something they did wrong.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I would like to apologize for the prior delays. It is a mere coincidence that I was suffering from serious sleep deprivation at the same time our hero was.

We WILL get our update up tonight, in a few hours, when I get home.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You are seated at the fire and tell the King of the message you think you heard. A discussion occurs among the adults, including your mother.

When the adults finish talking, your mother turns to you and says "Sweetling, the king asks if you have ever seen anything flying in the sky which was not a bird, if you have seen birds or other animals act oddly in the summer and if you have ever seen these voices."

You shake your head and say no, for you sincerely believe that you have not.

Tudiya says something, causing the other men to nod and say something which is probably agreement with whatever he just said. Your mother fills another bowl of soup and hands it to you, you take a sip. "Sweetling, he says that sometimes dreams are simply dreams and that you imagined what you heard. He says you have been brave to face what you have, but do not fear, all will be well and you need not dread what you see when you sleep."

Your group finishes dinner. After four bowls of soup, you are quite full. Your hunger, not supernatural, but likely the result of having slept for three days following the great ordeal you went through. Tudiya tells a story that night about a battle between the distant city of Eshar and a horrible monster with the head of a jackal, the body of a giant lion, the neck of a snake and a tail also like a snake which shoots spears, a beast, called the Manticore. It is a rousing tale about how a young man from the city went off into the wilderness to find this monster who had been eating travelers and monsters. In a great battle, the monster was slain. After the story, the men sing songs and are in good cheer. Some time later, you go to sleep. You sleep through the night.

The next day, your band continues to walk through the forest.

You spend the day as you have spent others, walking with the others and playing games with Danal, plucking leaves and flowers he cannot reach for his growing collection and indeed, playing as his monster-mount for part of the day. You learn several new words, including "quartz" which is apparently a type of stone. Not necessarily a very useful word, but, your vocabulary is glowing a little bit each day.

The walking that day is mostly uneventful, the only noteworthy event being when your group came upon a chasm with a deep and swift flowing river below you. Your group crossed it when Barkof pushed over two trees, your band carefully lead the animals across this makeshift bridge and continued.

That next night, you are awoken in your tent with a shake on your shoulder and a whispered grin on Danal's face as he says "Labaras" and points to his own chest then with a whisper "Enkidu!" as he points to you. Your mother is sleeping on one side of you and the servant woman Kezza on the other.

You creep out of the tent and follow him to see one of the other men seated by the fire, his cloak wrapped around him but apparently very much asleep.

You take a careful step.

The man does not move, except for the slow rising and lowering of his chest. A bit too slow, come to think of it, this man is breathing perhaps one breath where a sleeping man from your village would breathe 3.

You see that several spears lay tied to the pack animals. You pull one of the strange, heavy, long spears out, spears much more substantial than the light weight wooden ones you used to fish with in the sea.

Danal is obviously thrilled at the prospect of more "adventure", sweetened by the knowledge of doing something obviously secretive and forbidden. The excitement is obvious on his face.

The night is filled with the sounds of many birds, insects and other things you cannot identify, as well as occasional beastial roars far away which causes the symphony of the night to go silent for a moment, then resume. You have heard such noises every night since you left the village though none sound close.

The chorus has grown louder each night since you left the village.

You decided after nearly getting lost previously to stay within eyesight of the glow of the fire. Danal tries to run off, the first time you tell him no, he runs anyway. You grab him and say a bit more sternly not to, as best you can with the few words you know, your words perhaps translating as "Heroes" and "people" and gesture to the glow of the campfire in the distance, indicating you and he are the guards now and hoping he understands.

He nods, takes your hand and follows you closer back to the camp, the glow of the campfire visible through the dense trees, but far enough away, you hope, that you won't be heard during your nighttime adventure.

Danal looks to you and in a tone indicating a question, says "Labaras? Enkidu?"

You respond by saying...

OPTION A: "Labaras!" "Enkidu!" You agree and want to play the game he is so fond of, he pretends to be Labaras, you, Enkidu and together act out their stories.

OPTION B: "Enkidu!" "Labaras!" You want to switch roles and play Labaras for once! He holds a place of highest honor in your mother's stories, Enkidu is more than human, buy plays second fiddle to him. Since he always picks Labaras, he gets to pick the adventure and boss you around. You have had a very lonely childhood and so far, seem to have enjoyed this sort of attention a great deal.

OPTION C: "Tudiya!" "Barkof!" You want to play pretend, reenacting the battle in the forest with the giant lizard monsters.

OPTION D: "Ishamal!" and... who else? You want to play pretend with the events which involved your flight. All D votes will count together if it wins, it won't be separated according to your fill ins.

OPTION E: Something else! Suggest other roles for a game of pretend, or another game entirely. Keep in mind your vocabulary is very, very limited, though the two of you have had good success using what words you do know and gestures. You are learning a few new words each day.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 26, 2013

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
A, he is the next king in line after all, maybe we can use this as a way of becoming his second hand man when he is the ruler. If nothing else, he's a child, more so than us, and we are the one trying to entertain him.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

B I'd rather Danal not get used to bossing us around, time to (gently) assert our rights as the elder child!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

E: Danal, Enkidel. Lets start our own adventures and stories!