Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

DoombatINC posted:

The long-haired neckbeard in the theme is Tony Goldmark of Some Jerk with a Camera and I won't hear a word spoken against that show :colbert:
My appologies, good sir :tipshat: So who's the guy who has his hand up Phil the Bunny's rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Benny the Snake posted:

My appologies, good sir :tipshat: So who's the guy who has his hand up Phil the Bunny's rear end?

That would be this fellow

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Obscurus Lupa has a great deal to say about the sixth season of Charmed.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm so happy to see Freeman's Mind on That Guy With the Glasses. I've never played Half Life before, but I absolutely love the personality he's given Freeman. It's definitely worth checking out the rest of the series.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

I'm so happy to see Freeman's Mind on That Guy With the Glasses. I've never played Half Life before, but I absolutely love the personality he's given Freeman. It's definitely worth checking out the rest of the series.

That got me really excited then really confused, Youtube and the site linked to under the TGWTG video have up to Episode 44, but the one just added is Episode 47... Where are the missing two I haven't seen :ohdear:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
They're both on TGWTG. Might be easier to go through his blip channel.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

They're both on TGWTG. Might be easier to go through his blip channel.

Yeah I'm a bit challenged with the interface on the site. Blip it is then.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The ads are really intrusive on these. Thirty seconds, every five minutes, and popping in mid-sentence.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Brad has a new video up about a movie with a very weird title: http://thecinemasnob.com/2013/06/24/in-search-of-the-wow-wow-wibble-woggle-wazzie-woodle-woo.aspx

Edit: Jesus christ, 6 seconds in and this movie looks ridiculous.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mr. Fowl posted:

The ads are really intrusive on these. Thirty seconds, every five minutes, and popping in mid-sentence.

And, for me at least, it was the same 3 US Navy ads over and over.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

I really wouldn't mind if she just set aside spaces to put the advertisements, a fade out, a split-second of silence and a fade in is all you need.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

poparena posted:

I really wouldn't mind if she just set aside spaces to put the advertisements, a fade out, a split-second of silence and a fade in is all you need.

Mike J does an awesome job working the commercials in.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Game Grumps have been surprisingly really good lately. Here's them doing some behind the scenes on Pacific Rim (since they both seem to be super-hyped for it).

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

And, for me at least, it was the same 3 US Navy ads over and over.

Could be worse, it could be the unrelenting sound of "That's logistics!"

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

TinTower posted:

Could be worse, it could be the unrelenting sound of "That's logistics!"

At least the Logistics commercials didn't hang constantly for me like the Navy ads stretching a 30 second commercial to 2 minutes of waiting. :bang:

It's just that one ad, too. None of the other blip ads hang like that.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

miscellaneous14 posted:

Game Grumps have been surprisingly really good lately. Here's them doing some behind the scenes on Pacific Rim (since they both seem to be super-hyped for it).

Hahaha, that's pretty funny. I love the part where they notice a thing and then don't know who Chris Elliot is. I can't wait to see hit movie Pacific Rim, coming to theaters soon!

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
And they just announced that Jon is leaving GameGrumps to shift focus onto making new JonTron episodes.

The fanbase is of course taking this maturely and reasonably.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

I haven't followed Game Grumps for a couple of months now but this is still kinda sad.
And don't they usually film game grumps once a week? How much additional time can one extra evening give him to work on new JonTrons?

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
No clue. Quite frankly I think speculating about what Jon has been doing in the time that he doesn't do grumps is pretty pointless. It's always really funny to me when people are just unable to forgive content producers for wanting to do different things.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

drat. He should have at least waited until they finished Sonic 06. :( They were so close!

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 25, 2013

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

I am somewhat convinced this is some sort of joke. Leastways, the whole tone of the "farewell" video seems incredibly tongue-in-cheek or at the very least just...weird.

It's also incredibly sudden.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, you'd think this would have been said a while ago, not something that happens out of nowhere. I'm also half-expecting the farewell and video of the new guy to be some weird joke, and the episode tomorrow is Jon back. Or Jon was sick one weekend and had someone fill in, and no they're playing up some joke about it. It just all seems weird, I guess is what I'm saying.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I never liked or followed them, but is JonTron REALLY a bigger 'brand' than GameGrumps? I'm pretty sure if I didn't read this thread I'd never have heard of him, while I see GameGrumps mentioned a lot of places. But it'd be dumb as hell to leave if he couldn't maintain a sizable viewer-base alone, so I guess I'm wrong.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dan Olson of Foldable Ideas takes on MRAs (spoiler: they're idiots, but you already knew that). He also reveals an interesting detail about his past. Pro read.

http://chezapocalypse.com/shut-the-up-about-systemic-misandry/

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Mogambo posted:

Hahaha, that's pretty funny. I love the part where they notice a thing and then don't know who Chris Elliot is. I can't wait to see hit movie Pacific Rim, coming to theaters soon!

I dunno, I get the impression they're legitimately hyped about the movie and wanted to get involved. Also I enjoy interviews like this that are more goofy and laid-back instead of just dry Q&A.

In any case, on the note of Jon "leaving": it is legitimately hard to focus on other projects when it isn't absolutely necessary that you do them, even if your primary job doesn't take much time out of your life. I think it's a good idea, since it'll help him build his fanbase back up, and because I legitimately enjoy his JonTron videos (even if I still think his opinion on Nuts & Bolts is dumb and reactionary).

So far, Danny and Arin have been playing pretty well off each other, so it could be just what the show needs if they're serious about this.

Insurrectionist posted:

I never liked or followed them, but is JonTron REALLY a bigger 'brand' than GameGrumps? I'm pretty sure if I didn't read this thread I'd never have heard of him, while I see GameGrumps mentioned a lot of places. But it'd be dumb as hell to leave if he couldn't maintain a sizable viewer-base alone, so I guess I'm wrong.

His videos, while obviously nowhere as frequent as Game Grumps, often have over a million views each. GG wouldn't be nearly as popular if they didn't both have huge fanbases backing them.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I only started watching Game Grumps because of Jon, and I hope he actually is leaving/taking a break since his scripted content is way funnier than GG.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Oh Jesus no it is so much worse than I thought

Steam Train: A Game Grumps Spin Off Show

It's...loving terrible.

Oh god I tried to watch more it's a loving lovely youtube LP this is everything I have always feared

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Come on dudes, you're funny enough on your own, don't ever do the "reading game text with a silly voice" thing. I do hope this is just a bad start and isn't going to be the standard for all their videos.

At least Danny is really good at Punch-Out.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
Ugh. If this Jon leaving this is real, I think I'm done with Game Grumps. I'll try to give this new duo a fair chance, but I'm not hopeful. The reason I enjoy it even when it's not so great is because I've liked Jon and Arin individually forever, and they're tight-knit friendship comes through to make it usually enjoyable. For Jon to just quit because some people kept bitching that he didn't make his own content fast enough just feels like a mistake, bending to the vocal minority. Cause if nothing else, he surely makes way more from Game Grumps, if only for the sheer amount of consistent views it gets from the production rate. I am not happy.

Also, this 'Steam Train' thing looks like a mess too.

cubs2084 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 26, 2013

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The whole thing feels like a joke to me to be honest, I really can't see this being real.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

OldTennisCourt posted:

The whole thing feels like a joke to me to be honest, I really can't see this being real.

What makes it seem like a joke? I've read that Jon wanted to move to New York to be with his girlfriend. Very disappointing. :(

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Why on earth would they think I want to watch a Game Grumps without either Jon or Arin? Starring two random guys nobody has ever heard of before? There are millions of random LPer team guys without much of a fanbase out there already.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

miscellaneous14 posted:

I dunno, I get the impression they're legitimately hyped about the movie and wanted to get involved. Also I enjoy interviews like this that are more goofy and laid-back instead of just dry Q&A.

I'd agree with you if I thought that was an interview. I don't think they asked more than five questions, it was mostly just goofing off with a guy who's working on a movie. They couldn't even improv any decent jokes. Just... the lowest of the lowest effort in making that video.

Jon moving on to make more of his own stuff is great news. Both Jon and Arin are funnier, more coherent and occasionally even insightful when they have a decent script and a few dozen takes to edit between. Game Grumps started strong but quickly lost steam, outside of those versus videos with the old game show games and that one time they mocked the hell out of the Dead Space 3 demo (which I believe was half scripted, so it was half decent) they didn't put up very much that was at all worth watching. (sole exception being when Grant Kirkhope showed up, even through all the rampant goofing off they manage to extract some tidbits of trivia gold from Rareware's history)

Hopefully whatever he comes up with after this, it works out for him. He's not the smartest reviewer out there, but drat he can be funny when he has some actual jokes to work with.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'd agree with you if I thought that was an interview. I don't think they asked more than five questions, it was mostly just goofing off with a guy who's working on a movie. They couldn't even improv any decent jokes. Just... the lowest of the lowest effort in making that video.

But it's a video tied in with one of the highest effort projects from any youtubers ever; people want to see progress. You're way overreacting.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If anything I'm barely reacting.

I'm also not aware of any tie-ins with this video. Are a bunch of YouTubers being given interviews with Pacific Rim people or something? The Grumps video is all I've seen from this project so I have no idea what progress is being made.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Oh hey, it's new Histoy of Power Rang-oh, wait...it's the Nostalgia Critic?

Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind.

Jesto fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 21, 2014

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So far Danny has managed to make me laugh out loud with IT WAS loving PIZZA PASTA so he's in my good books so far. however that steam train episode was a disaster.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

So far Danny has managed to make me laugh out loud with IT WAS loving PIZZA PASTA so he's in my good books so far. however that steam train episode was a disaster.

Yea Punchout was funny, but goddamn Steam Train was terrible. How do you gently caress up Hotline Miami's tutorial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Egoraptor staying with the easy money maker while Jon is moving on to produce better content makes him look pretty bad. I haven't watched Punch Out, but the (first 20 seconds or so of the) Hotline Miami episode made me gag. You only get away with burping in a video if your other qualities make up for it.

• Locked thread