Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

http://freshome.com/2012/08/24/stepping-in-dog-poop-to-turn-on-the-dog-lights/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

mrg220t posted:

Why is that person threatening the snake with a dildo?

It's a cucumber, though, if you're a woman (or a gay/bicurious male), what's the difference? I think he's showing the snake that he can be replaced (or trying to feed him).

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

budgieinspector posted:

That's also Julius. She got around.

I've been watching the owners' channel and am now convinced this is the greatest snake in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpB660kH50I

She's like a gigantic cat.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

1stGear posted:

I've been watching the owners' channel and am now convinced this is the greatest snake in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpB660kH50I

She's like a gigantic cat.

She was more chill than 99% of cats I've known. Jenner used to bring her to clubs. Julius never got agitated or aggressive, no matter how many strangers were petting her. I'm sure there are pics out there of her draped across, like, five people's shoulders. She really was a great snake.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Saw this store in Berlin.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Penny Paper posted:

(or a gay/bicurious male), what's the difference?
This is probably going to come as a shock to you, then.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Penny Paper posted:

It's a cucumber, though, if you're a woman (or a gay/bicurious male), what's the difference? I think he's showing the snake that he can be replaced (or trying to feed him).

It's still a loving cucumber they don't magically turn into something else dude.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hollis posted:

It's still a loving cucumber they don't magically turn into something else dude.

Well if Snakejesus had cucumbers at the Lasssst Sssssupper instead of bread then it would. :colbert:

Otcho
May 4, 2012

(actually it's a zucchini)

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Peanut butter really does always get stuck to the roof of your mouth! And everywhere else.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

bringmyfishback posted:

These is an amazing imgur album called "If box art had not changed in 30 years":
http://imgur.com/a/vpX6G?gallery
My first thought was "This is art from the 60s?" but then I realized, "Holy loving poo poo, it's 2013, 30 years ago was 1983. gently caress."

EDIT: Wrong thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Zemyla posted:

My first thought was "This is art from the 60s?" but then I realized, "Holy loving poo poo, it's 2013, 30 years ago was 1983. gently caress."

Whats sad is I recognize a lot of those box arts, at least the ones that were from old Intelavision games.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you

Hollis posted:

Pickles. :colbert:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

That's sorcery, not proper magic.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

budgieinspector posted:

She was more chill than 99% of cats I've known. Jenner used to bring her to clubs. Julius never got agitated or aggressive, no matter how many strangers were petting her. I'm sure there are pics out there of her draped across, like, five people's shoulders. She really was a great snake.

I was at an exotic pet store a few days ago and they had several big yellow snakes and I kind of wanted one, thanks to Julius. I don't know anything about snakes, though.

Snake Cake:

source

Edit: I asked my husband how he would feel if I got a snake and he said it would probably be ok, so I showed him that video of Julius opening the door and he said, "That's a little excessive."

HelloIAmYourHeart has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Jun 24, 2013

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
6-foot long pythons are probably not good starter snake pets, just sayin'.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

1stGear posted:

6-foot long pythons are probably not good starter snake pets, just sayin'.

HOW ABOUT 24 INCH ONES BROTHER!?

Ez has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Jun 24, 2013

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

budgieinspector posted:

I was about to ask if we were going to be hearing about her owner on the evening news in a few months, but I guess everything turned out okay.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
What the gently caress is the point of getting a huge snake as a pet. It doesn't have capability to understand or have affection beyond "warm" and "food". It's a slightly interactive very long muscle.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Kikka posted:

What the gently caress is the point of getting a huge snake as a pet. It doesn't have capability to understand or have affection beyond "warm" and "food". It's a slightly interactive very long muscle.

I'm not sure my cats understand me anything more than "warm" and "food" but I'm pretty glad to have them around.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kikka posted:

I had a snake when I was a kid. It was cool to feed mice to and look at. It's also cool to hold a snake because they feel weird.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

Kikka posted:

And a cat that actively hates you and plots your demise is better?

In other news my wee cat with the developmental issues figured out that "go for the faaaace" is an effective tactic against fascist nail-clipping.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

zoux posted:

I had a snake when I was a kid. It was cool to feed mice to and look at. It's also cool to hold a snake because they feel weird.

At this point you're better off with YouTube videos and a pantyhose stuffed with cold rice. At least cats/dogs enjoy petting and absolutely will not escape in the night and constrict your fool head clean off.

e: tables :argh:

Chard has a new favorite as of 17:31 on Jun 24, 2013

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Now the real question is: Is this a Venn diagram, or a pie chart?

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

trapped mouse posted:

It's a Venn Pie-agram. Duh.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trapped mouse posted:

Dunno but that apple part looks dry as hell :ramsey:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Great, now you've done it. Cue two pages of people posting to say they had no idea until now that pickles are just cucumbers.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What happens if they use a zuccini? :ohdear:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Soulex posted:

What happens if they use a zuccini? :ohdear:

Disappointment.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Soulex posted:

Dunno but that apple part looks dry as hell :ramsey:

Of course it is, that lattice is rubbish :ramsay:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

VanSandman posted:

That's sorcery, not proper magic.

I think it's technically alchemy.

edit: Whoops, huge. http://imgur.com/p1irRVu

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

budgieinspector posted:

That's also Julius. She got around.

edit:

Here she is with her feeding sock on:

Uh why does she need a feeding sock? What does it do besides make her look doofy?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

bringmyfishback posted:

I think it's technically alchemy.

edit: Whoops, huge. http://imgur.com/p1irRVu

For next time, just stick an l on the end of the file name like this: http://i.imgur.com/p1irRVul.jpg

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
A guy I work with has these plates.

He owns his own drapery business

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Radio! posted:

Uh why does she need a feeding sock? What does it do besides make her look doofy?

It teaches her humility. It also stops her trying to eat you.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Shath Hole posted:

A guy I work with has these plates.

He owns his own drapery business

And of course it HAD to be on a van with tinted windows.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

jiharlequinade posted:

And of course it HAD to be on a van with tinted windows.

Or none at all.

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah

Radio! posted:

You're supposed to feed snakes in separate areas from where they normally live and put some effort into not associating you/your hand with the feeding ritual. It's all to keep them from anticipating feedings or trying to snatch food out of your hand and biting you. Otherwise you'll have a hard time trying to handle the snake if half the time they are thinking food when you reach into the habitat. Unless she's just doing it for laughs, the feeding sock probably is an extension of that process.

edit: but i dont know how much of that applies to big gently caress off monster snakes

DyneAvenger has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Jun 24, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

stubblyhead posted:

For next time, just stick an l on the end of the file name like this: http://i.imgur.com/p1irRVul.jpg

Ah. Got it, thanks!

I did it. I'm cool. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

I really liked this/these episode(s) of X Files.

• Locked thread