Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
T-ray, Black Swan, Blind Al, The GLI, let's face it, short of himself, Deadpool doesn't really have a great collection of nemesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight posted:

I like to remember him as the most unimpressive villain to ever make a similarly unimpressive threat by misunderstanding how children's games work.

[deadpool #30]

Is there something wrong with his right arm?

Oh, wait, it's Rob Liefeld, isn't it?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's Pete Woods, but that entire portion of the arc is just amateur hour in every way.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Sizone posted:

T-ray, Black Swan, Blind Al, The GLI, let's face it, short of himself, Deadpool doesn't really have a great collection of nemesis.

Most of the Marvel Universe counts at this point.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sizone posted:

T-Ray and Blind Al were great in the Joe Kelly run, but nobody else knows how to use them at all.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Lurdiak posted:

T-Ray and Blind Al were great in the Joe Kelly run, but nobody else knows how to use them at all.

This statement is truth. The Joe Kelly run was a thing of utter beauty, but honestly, no one needs to mess with it. Just leave it alone as a great run. 'Cause every time someone calls back to it - like bringing back T-Ray - they gently caress it up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lurdiak posted:

I never really considered Blind Al a true nemesis of Deadpool's anyway, even though they had a hugely hosed up relationship. Or maybe I'm blinded by how much I enjoyed the "Deadpool and Blind Al travel back in time and impersonate Peter Parker and Aunt May" story :allears:

Deadpool (Volume 1) #11

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Jerusalem posted:

I never really considered Blind Al a true nemesis of Deadpool's anyway, even though they had a hugely hosed up relationship. Or maybe I'm blinded by how much I enjoyed the "Deadpool and Blind Al travel back in time and impersonate Peter Parker and Aunt May" story :allears:

I was mostly joking, but what else do you call someone who routinely swaps your sugar with salt?
Man, the Blind Al "If you love something, set it free" issue totally belongs in the touching panels thread.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Say Nothing posted:

I'm assuming this is the correct image, unless Deadpool has stabbed himself in the head a bunch of times, which is something he would probably do.

Deadpool Team Up #899, just to be safe.

Yeah that's it, although I think he's done that before for the same reason (stopping mind control)

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
All Deadpool's rogues are his friends. It's a coin toss whether a meeting with anyone from his past will end hanging out over beers or a murder attempt. Just no one likes the guy for good reason. He's a walking bad omen for anyone that spends any time with him. As near as I can recall the only two people that have ever benefited from his company are a schizophrenic bum he basically kept as a pet and maybe Genesis. Everyone else that he's helped he's screwed over at least as bad, and almost all of them have tried to kill him.

Dr. MonkeyThunder fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 25, 2013

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

All Deadpool's rouges are his friends.
No, all his rouges are his costume.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
The Geography of Latveria must be the ultimate "easy A" course in Marvel Universe college:

Fin Fang Four #2

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

Plutonis posted:

From the same issue:

This is from yesterday on my daily West Coast Avengers panel feed. West Coast Avengers Annual #1. I too love when Herc and Thor get together because they just have the most spiteful, bitter friendship. Thor practically hates Hercules, but they're both heroes and both gods (well, one half god) so what are you going to do?

Oh, and Cap knocking on the window leads to Falcon, worst social worker ever.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

What, exactly, is Herc holding onto? :stare:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

smashpro1 posted:

Thor's hammer, of course.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
No, Thor's holding onto Thor's hammer. Herc must be holding onto... oh. OH. :stare:

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

smashpro1 posted:

There's no getting away from that one.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

MelvinTheJerk posted:

Thor's no getting away from that one.

:edit:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
The hammer is his penis.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 24, 2013

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

smashpro1 posted:

Not just that but apparently Cap decided to get to the roof of the building and climb down to the tiny window ledge instead of, apparently, going up the stairs and knocking on Falcon's door like a normal human being. Like, there doesn't even seem to be a fire escape staircase there. Maybe Thor put him there?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gatts posted:

Not just that but apparently Cap decided to get to the roof of the building and climb down to the tiny window ledge instead of, apparently, going up the stairs and knocking on Falcon's door like a normal human being. Like, there doesn't even seem to be a fire escape staircase there. Maybe Thor put him there?

If ever there needed to be a panel of Doom just having burst through a wall and saying all haughtily, "doors are for lesser men"...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phy posted:

If ever there needed to be a panel of Doom just having burst through a wall and saying all haughtily, "doors are for lesser men"...

Or Darkseid sitting on a recliner.
New Gods 2

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 24, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Darkseid is so weirdly "other", it rules.

From Doctor Fate #11, but you can also find more at the aptly named Darkseid Chilling On A Couch

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
"I'm beginning to think this isn't a real couch."

Swamp Thing #62

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Look at Metron, haha.

"I can't believe that rear end in a top hat had to get a better chair than me! :sigh:"

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Jerusalem posted:

From Doctor Fate #11, but you can also find more at the aptly named Darkseid Chilling On A Couch

Jeez, it's like he picked out a really uncomfortable throne millennia ago but he's unwilling to admit it makes his butt sore and change it, so he just breaks into random apartments on Earth so he can sit on their comfy furniture all the time. By pure chance, every once in a while someone he knows comes through the door and he plays it off like he did it on purpose.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
"Humans have a cultural history of respecting those who sit on thrones. Therefore if I re-enact this ancient traditional pose on modern versions it will instill respect and fear."

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Mister Roboto posted:

"Humans have a cultural history of respecting those who sit on thrones. Therefore if I re-enact this ancient traditional pose upon modern versions to instill respect and fear."

"The anti-life equation will be revealed as the indentation my rocky rear end leaves on the perfect piece of suede. I HAVE INVESTED AEONS SITTING ON SOFAS."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Here's some new Kid Loki action He's evil again, but feels bad about it
Young Avengers #1 v.2

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Darkseid needs no shame.

DC Universe: Legacies #8

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
All these Darkseid posts raises the all important question: Where can I buy a one piece darkseid hoodie complete with skirt and sleeveless arms?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Biggest Jerk posted:

All these Darkseid posts raises the all important question: Where can I buy a one piece darkseid hoodie complete with skirt and sleeveless arms?

H&M sells them believe it or not.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Rhyno posted:

H&M sells them believe it or not.

On my way to buy one now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

redbackground posted:

The hammer is his penis.

Oh well done sir.
thejoke.jpg

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The MSJ posted:

Darkseid needs no shame.

He's one leg cross and swivel away from giving Sharon Stone a run for her money.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Darkseid needs no shame.

This is the worst pantyshot.

e: content

Source Unknown

GorfZaplen fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jun 25, 2013

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Big Barda is cool, according to Google it's Birds of Prey #109.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Big Barda is my favorite Kirby creation!!! Mr. Miracle is fun too, but Barda is so freaking cool it's fantastic!!!

Edit: Added exclamation points since I'm talking about Kirby!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I grew up on Marvel and always loved Thanos, but I have to say that there is just something about Darkseid. He's just such a strange THING, the best way to describe him really is,"Darkseid... IS!"

Mister Miracle #18 (I think)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Women! Especially warrior ones!

Immortal Iron Fist #7

• Locked thread