Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

quote:

Universal improvement to everyone’s Down+Medium attack

Joker
The Joker’s Wild (Character Power) parry is active for 4 more additional frames.

Killer Frost
Freezing Cold (character power) now has 10 additional frames of recovery.

I wonder what the d+2 change means? My first thought is damage scaling but why wouldn't they note that if so?

Also highlighted the huge changes (besides scorpion), this means that good KFs can't cancel with their traits correct? And we might actually see some Joker parries :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

I wonder what the d+2 change means? My first thought is damage scaling but why wouldn't they note that if so?

I'm guessing they'll be more reliable anti airs. At least, I'm hoping so... Flash could really use it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Holy Calamity! posted:

Just gonna go ahead and post 'em here for the mobile crowd and such

Scorpion

Shroud of Flames (Character Power)no longer starts it’s cooldown if it gets interrupted before it is activated.
Flip Kick (Down + Forward + 2) is now -10 on block (up from -1).
Teleport Punch (Down + Back + 3) now has more recovery time when blocked.
Slightly adjusted the Teleport Punch (Down+Back+3) speed
The Teleport Punch is now a High attack and has slightly more recovery when it misses.
Increased Welcome to the Netherrealm (Supermove) damage to 37 (from33.75)
Slightly adjusted his Jumping Light and Jumping Hard hit-boxes.
The Teleport Punch (Down + Back + 3) on block is now -8 and slightly pushes back farther.

They're really loving with Scorpion :smith:

On the other hand, Bane buffs :neckbeard:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Krad posted:

Also, leave Scorpion alone already, Jesus Christ.

:negative:

Well, at least I can try to push pressure with the MB version. But that Flip Kick nerf hurts, a lot.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

That Flip Kick nerf has been in action since the hotfix that made his normal Teleport a High attack, actually. I guess they just decided to list those now for completeness or something.

Edit: I think the nerf to Superman's super is appropriate. It still lets him have it as a costly but threatening move even from full screen, but now he doesn't get the same damage most other characters get off their lesser utility supers.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 26, 2013

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Huh, maybe Harley's d2 is now a viable anti-air with the improved hit box? Glad to see her trait get a buff, too.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
That is a really good patch. KF, BA, Superman, and Scorpion ate well deserved, sensible nerfs. Metropolis rooftop finally fixed, universal AA buffed. Aaaand some Harley/Joker love. I want to see that deg222 vs Rico ft5 again post-1.05.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Heads up guys, the WW skin teased is the N52 one.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I thought the N52 one was already revealed and announced?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

KungFu Grip posted:

I thought the N52 one was already revealed and announced?

New 52 pack was a preorder bonus, but now they are making it available to everyone else. So we are getting 3, maybe even 4 costume packs on Tuesday.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is that also in addition to Zod? I seem to have missed when he'll be released. I thought we were getting something yesterday, even a costume pack, but nothing showed up.

Also, the mobile app is a bitch.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I can hardly contain myself! Now it will be hard for me to choose between Odyssey and New 52 Wonder Woman. All I want now is a classic skin and I'm the happiest person alive. :homebrew:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I love fighting people who are completely clueless about how to stop stick-stance Nightwing. I was just fighting a Scorpion who was abusing the hell out of his jumping 3 at first, so I went stick stance and just crouched while jamming out crouching 2 when he tried to jump in and crouching 3 when he tried to rush up or play footsies, plus a helping of shock spam if he tried to use his hellfire. After a while I was going after him with jumping 2's into forward 2's and the moment he tried to counter-attack I went right back to whackin his knees and ankles all day. :v:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Some folks from Norcal were at WNF, with Wound Cowboy being one of them, and his Sinestro steamrolled the opposition to get him the win. Nice stuff.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I can hardly contain myself! Now it will be hard for me to choose between Odyssey and New 52 Wonder Woman. All I want now is a classic skin and I'm the happiest person alive. :homebrew:

Yeah, that n52 is skin is really cool but her face just looks really jarring and wierd with the short hair. I think its that general squinty face she has in her neutral stance. Also every since I ripped off f0xy grandpa's technique I've been getting tons of 10 game streaks and rage quits on ranked. It really is the most heart warming thing.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
NRS needs to release skins with helmets for every female character in the game. WW's Flashpoint skin is a good start.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
BN Aquaman

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
drat, I could have sold those New 52 skins for 35 bucks. Now I feel dumb (I put in the code without checking eBay first, always a bad idea).

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

He barely looks dead.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Wow, that Aquaman's really... :effort:

Although to be honest he wasn't all that interesting looking elsewhere either.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 27, 2013

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Either Aquaman needs to start using some of that Lancome face stuff, or that's a pretty drat mild case of zombie.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Liar Lyre posted:

New 52 pack was a preorder bonus, but now they are making it available to everyone else. So we are getting 3, maybe even 4 costume packs on Tuesday.

Dropping $40 on Xbox Live points on Tuesday to get skins for all the characters I never play!!! :downs:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

strangemusic posted:

Either Aquaman needs to start using some of that Lancome face stuff, or that's a pretty drat mild case of zombie.

Yeah, Aquaman had a much more serious case of zombie going on in Blackest Night.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So who else should be in the BN 2 Pack? We got Aquaman and most likely Hawkgirl. Who else was featured in Blackest Night? And what about an Earth-2 pack to join Grundy? I don't know much about DC to say.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

So who else should be in the BN 2 Pack? We got Aquaman and most likely Hawkgirl. Who else was featured in Blackest Night?

It's almost guaranteed gonna be the pre-order Black Lantern Batman. Because if someone needs more outfits, it's Batman.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I can see them bundling them with E2 Grundy though.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I can see them bundling them with E2 Grundy though.

Might be compatibility pack

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Rugpisser posted:

Might be compatibility pack

I'm thinking that Flaming C costume may be the compatibility costume, if it gets released that is.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Remember that poll Ed Boon kept talking about?

I wonder what happened to that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Liar Lyre posted:

I'm thinking that Flaming C costume may be the compatibility costume, if it gets released that is.

If I'm remembering correctly, the compatibility pack will be MoS Superman and they don't have plans to make the Flaming C availaible :(

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Remember that poll Ed Boon kept talking about?

I wonder what happened to that.

This was the last time he mention anything about it

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/347473481472028672

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Liar Lyre posted:

So who else should be in the BN 2 Pack?

It could be anyone, Doomsday/Flash never were Black Lanterns themselves.

How about BL Sinestro or GL? That'd be fun.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

It's almost guaranteed gonna be the pre-order Black Lantern Batman. Because if someone needs more outfits, it's Batman.

It wouldn't matter to me because I don't have that one. But I don't think they would do that. People who already have the Batman skin would be paying for 3 skins and only getting 2 out of it. I think (or at least hope) they would release that one separately like with the Man of Steel skin coming out.

I would like to see some more creativity with the Blackest Night skins though, rather than just all black lanterns. I bought the first pack, I probably won't buy a second unless it includes other lantern types.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Krad posted:

It could be anyone, Doomsday/Flash never were Black Lanterns themselves.

How about BL Sinestro or GL? That'd be fun.

The symbol is reversed--he's Eobard Thawne!

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Some folks from Norcal were at WNF, with Wound Cowboy being one of them, and his Sinestro steamrolled the opposition to get him the win. Nice stuff.

Just got around to watching this, awesome Sinestro play.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
Sorry to be spamming up this thread all the time but the next Xbox goon tourney is 5 days away: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/2GvveNhw5W

You can invite friends if you want too that'd be cool.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I need to ask, because I keep getting absolutely wrecked: as Doomsday, what the hell do I do against a half-competent Nightwing? He's by far my worst matchup, leagues and leagues more trouble than most - I'd say Hawkgirl is a close second, but only because no one ever picks Hawkgirl.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

strangemusic posted:

I need to ask, because I keep getting absolutely wrecked: as Doomsday, what the hell do I do against a half-competent Nightwing? He's by far my worst matchup, leagues and leagues more trouble than most - I'd say Hawkgirl is a close second, but only because no one ever picks Hawkgirl.

Go to practice. Set the dummy to always block. Set reversal to on and set different specials. Set wake up to on and set different specials. Block them and see what you can punish them with. If whatever you use isn't blocked then it's something you can punish with. If not then it will be blocked. I think that's a good place to start if you didn't already know. Record some of the things they do that trip you up and set it to playback and see what you can do. Or try to bribe someone to go into training mode with you.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Blackest Night Hawkgirl.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Liar Lyre posted:

Blackest Night Hawkgirl.

Looks kind of weird, other than BN Doomsday I've found all the BN skins lacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Good to be able to play you again Yardbomb. Your Wonder Woman sucks worse than mine! :smugbert: But who am I to say. I have no clue what to do with any of the other characters. I spend half the matches just trying to figure out their specials. It was fun though.

• Locked thread