Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
That must the guy from Long Island.

Pretty much every moment in one of those:

edit: admittedly, this applies to any Jeep ever, though.

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

wallaka posted:

Those are the trailer tires. :ssh:

I may not have noticed that the two images were related.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
I posted a couple weeks ago about my Range Rover Classic that got clipped out in front of my house.

Reminder pic:

On Friday I got a note from cursedshitbox that there was a new arrival at the yard. A perfect match for mine down to the 20+ year old oxidized paint.

He was so kind as to remove all the parts I needed and a few more I was looking for and taking time out of his schedule to ship them to me.

With a few hours work I'll have her back in fighting form with a few bucks left over for a new custom rear bumper/tire carrier and full badly needed respray.

Thanks again for looking out for me, cursedshitbox. Beer is on me if we ever manage to be in the same place at the same time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's awesome and he's awesome for doing that.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Why respray? If I had a car with removable quarter panels I would probably be rocking a junkyard paint-marker job on it.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Why respray? If I had a car with removable quarter panels I would probably be rocking a junkyard paint-marker job on it.

I've been bouncing the idea around for a couple years. If you saw the paint in person, especially the hood, you'd understand the respray desire. It photographs far better than it looks. I was originally going to do it a couple years ago. While preparing for a long weekend of wheeling, and in a fit of beer-fueled frivolity, I spray-painted skulls on the front fenders. I was going to get it resprayed after the offroad trip. Two or three years later and no respray. I could keep the 'patina' and the skulls and save the respray money to get lockers. Hmmm...If I could get the dalmation spots out of the hood I might do it.

Skulls can be seen here. After a few years on the truck I'm just used to them and would probably hate to see them go.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Kill-9 posted:

Thanks again for looking out for me, cursedshitbox. Beer is on me if we ever manage to be in the same place at the same time.

I always look out for fellow rover buddies and help when I can. Plus its keeping a classic on the roads.

Theres a portofino red classic locally thats almost pristine for 650 with a shot engine. I might pick it up and bring it back to health.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

I always look out for fellow rover buddies and help when I can. Plus its keeping a classic on the roads.

Theres a portofino red classic locally thats almost pristine for 650 with a shot engine. I might pick it up and bring it back to health.

If any 83-85 Supra P-Types (The ones with the flares) show up, I will offer many dollars and internet lewd acts for notification!

Assuming this is a junkyard, not a rover specific place.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'll keep an eye out for a P type. I'm in the yards atleast once a week.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

I wish I could find them around here for that. My 16 year old son is starting to look for a vehicle and bringing another Classic back to life would be perfect.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Theres a few in LA as well. I'm on the fence about going back to a classic or just returning this one to running and sell it.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

I'll keep an eye out for a P type. I'm in the yards atleast once a week.

Yeah I have buddies that go more frequently than I do, but I'm down in Wilmington (I see you mentioned LA) at both Pick Your Part yards at least once a month checking.

Need anything that you'd like me to return the favor in looking out for?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Huge list of poo poo. "lightstone" knee bolster, glove box, and console from a 99-02 p38. a non-buckled p38 dash would also be great. the plastic thing that flips open with the tailgate. Gen3 ford 21 lb injectors (yellow with a 4 hole spray pattern), I'll likely get a rebuilt set from ebay though.

I'm hunting for GRD boxes for the baja, but that thing is on hold until I move though.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Huge list of poo poo. "lightstone" knee bolster, glove box, and console from a 99-02 p38. a non-buckled p38 dash would also be great. the plastic thing that flips open with the tailgate. Gen3 ford 21 lb injectors (yellow with a 4 hole spray pattern), I'll likely get a rebuilt set from ebay though.

I'm hunting for GRD boxes for the baja, but that thing is on hold until I move though.

Alright, I've got a note in my phone, also this gives me an excuse to go rummaging through the trucks/suvs which I never do, but can be fun. I assume lightstone is the color?

Ever find anything good at the yard? My buddy scored a $100 costco giftcard a couple trips ago. Also, tools.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I typically score shitloads of tools at the yards, and change. tons and tons of change.

Yeah lightstone is the color, its the cream colored poo poo. if you cant find that, the "walnut" (tan) door cards from the 99-02 models will have parts I need.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

I typically score shitloads of tools at the yards, and change. tons and tons of change.

Yeah lightstone is the color, its the cream colored poo poo. if you cant find that, the "walnut" (tan) door cards from the 99-02 models will have parts I need.

Will do.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

blugu64 posted:

I've only got one thing to say, with age comes wisdom. Those who won't be able to remember Kris Kross are doomed to wear their clothes backwards again.

What goes around comes around

My father: the proto-hipster, 1967

(edit) thread-relevant My first car, 1978 :corsair:

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 25, 2013

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Wow. He looks almost identical to my uncle.

On topic, this entire site belongs here.

Devyl fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 25, 2013

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
They rescued the car from Good Burger from rotting in Florida. I miss the blue paint when it was the Mirthmobile from Wayne's World, but at least it's being put to good use.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Presumably from Russia

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
:ohdear: Please tell me it has been converted to FWD. If so, that is actually kinda neat.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Sinestro posted:

:ohdear: Please tell me it has been converted to FWD. If so, that is actually kinda neat.

I feel like someone got the body from a body on frame vehicle and patched something else in. I hope I'm wrong.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Does iot go SPROING SPROING SPROING down the street like an inchworm? :haw:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Either a really nice sleeper, or I doubt it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

What do you mean I have to change the oil? :v:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Safety Dance posted:

Either a really nice sleeper, or I doubt it.

Tell me what I'm missing here. This is a photo I found on the Car and Driver site with a rear view of a G6:

http://www.caranddriver.com/photos-08q4/242837/20095-pontiac-g6-sedan-photo-242842

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
License plate says 325 BHP. As he said, rather hard to believe for a G6.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Did you look at the license plate?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Q_res posted:

License plate says 325 BHP. As he said, rather hard to believe for a G6.

Ohhh...I see. I thought this was a "not enough poop shoots" or missing air dams kinda thing (rebadging). No, I didn't notice the tag.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Actually, if it is the one with the 3.6 V6, then it is more than possible. http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_ve_v6.htm

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Sinestro posted:

Actually, if it is the one with the 3.6 V6, then it is more than possible. http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_ve_v6.htm

With the single eeny weeny exhaust? Like I said, either a very very clean sleeper or a funny license plate coincidence.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

some texas redneck posted:

What do you mean I have to change the oil? :v:

Expecting Bill Cosby to pop into the pic to comment on that Jello pudding

Chickenbisket
Apr 27, 2006
I'm sure its just a random coincidence. Indiana license plate format is ###XXX so there are thousands of vehicles running around with various claims of high BHP.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Chickenbisket posted:

I'm sure its just a random coincidence. Indiana license plate format is ###XXX so there are thousands of vehicles running around with various claims of high BHP.

I REALLY hope '500BHP' is on a stock SN95 Mustang.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Chickenbisket posted:

...But surely there's a Mustang with 105 BHP? :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Devyl posted:

I REALLY hope '500BHP' is on a stock SN95 Mustang.

My friend has "Gojira" on her GTR. Indiana is pretty slack on custom plates.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
truck might be a wee bit overloaded, not sure

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yeah, that bike looks kinda heavy.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Chickenbisket posted:

Wouldn't there only be 1,000 cars with a BHP suffix, i.e., 000-999?

Fake edit: I suppose I'm only considering cars with IN plates, so I guess there could be thousands. Carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Psh. I've seen cars here with WHP-355. I have no idea what the drivetrain loss is like for a license plate though.