Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wampus42 posted:

Join us in the MP thread. You can try out the other flavors of Vanguard. All of them require the ridiculous and near-suicidal playstyle that Vanguard Shep uses.

I'll second that. The first time I played Vanguard in MP was probably the most fun I've ever had with this game. It's the same playstyle as single player really; always be charging/nova'ing (with a little more finesse required for boss-type characters like banshees who can instakill you). It's just a non-stop slaughterfest as you zip and smash around the battlefield, it's maniacally fun. I'm not a scorehound by any means, but I can't help but notice that with Vanguard I usually end up with scores about twice as high as the next highest person (playing with pubbies, that is).

There's a separate thread for MP so I'll shut up about it now, but as someone who took forever to start playing multiplayer, I feel obliged to recommend it to you, it's a lot of fun (with the Vanguard, as well as the other classes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously. Complete the main game, then pretend that after recovering from those events, Shepard goes to the Citadel for some R&R, gets into one more wacky adventure we can all take part in, and then throws a big party to celebrate before heading back to the Normandy to set off on more adventures that will sadly go unseen by us.

For me, it's the very best way to end the game and ends the trilogy on a pitch-perfect note.

For me, Citadel is Heaven. I got to the bar, and Garrus met me there.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm assuming that the game has been out long enough that I don't have to spoil any plot points... I got to Rannoch and accidentally started the "kill the Reaper" mission before doing the "go into the computer with Legion" without any other saves. I downloaded a save game editor to try and roll it back, but couldn't figure out how :saddowns: Anyone have experience with an SGE or know where I can find saves located for certain points of the game?

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Pope Mobile posted:

I'm assuming that the game has been out long enough that I don't have to spoil any plot points... I got to Rannoch and accidentally started the "kill the Reaper" mission before doing the "go into the computer with Legion" without any other saves. I downloaded a save game editor to try and roll it back, but couldn't figure out how :saddowns: Anyone have experience with an SGE or know where I can find saves located for certain points of the game?

The savegame editor is made by a goon: gibbed, so just chill out and don't touch anything.

As an aside, you should really do any side missions ASAP in ME3. It is the worst of the three.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I've beaten it before, but am playing through as a different character.
The side missions really do suck, especially compared to the previous games, but I really liked the Legion mission and going into the network. I'm completely fine skipping all the side poo poo (aside from companion missions) and cheating in EMS & credits.

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!

Spikeguy posted:

For me, Citadel is Heaven. I got to the bar, and Garrus met me there.

This is both awesome and really sad in a way. Unless the rest of Shepard's afterlife is those further unseen adventures...

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Mass Effect 2 - 3 import gave my latest Shepard a full head of hair. Oh well, could have been worse. At least they got the race and gender right.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Hahaha, okay I was looking through the boolean IDs and whatnot for various points, and found the ID for the Rannock/Geth missions. Reset them all to 'False' and loaded the game up. I haven't found a way to change my player's location yet, so I finished the mission and saved Legion (gently caress the Quarians).
After the mission ended (and Tali killed herself) I was back on the ship and Tali was standing right there. So were the Quarian admirals. Checked my Journal, and it was still on Priority: Rannoch. Success!
Ran down to the shuttlebay to buy some upgrades. I turned around to go back to the command deck and the doorway from the shuttlebay to the hallway & elevator was glitched. Every time I walked through the doorway, it's like I was clipping through the walls. :haw:
I've already started another game, but I'll keep messing around with it to see what I can do. No biggie.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Dan Didio posted:

The Mass Effect 2 - 3 import gave my latest Shepard a full head of hair. Oh well, could have been worse. At least they got the race and gender right.
I think best results are generally achieved by manually entering your ME2 Shepard's face code into ME3's character creator.

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
A while ago I was messing around with the ArmA 2 modding tools, and came up with this:

I haven't really done anything with it due to ArmA modding being a loving nightmare as well as copyright reasons, but throwing ME units/weapons into a milsim-type game almost sounds too good of a fit. Biotics would probably be really problematic to implement on ArmA as well.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Sombrerotron posted:

I think best results are generally achieved by manually entering your ME2 Shepard's face code into ME3's character creator.

I kind of like how he looks with the hair after playing for a while, to be honest.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I finally got around to playing citadel and I've been alternately smiling and laughing my rear end off all day. It's wonderful. It puts all the other DLC to shame. The combat was piss-easy but I don't think difficulty was the point: it was about getting all your old buddies together in one place to do some serious crumping.

In that vein, Wrex + Reegar Carbine/Omni-Blade is basically unstoppable. He has a few one liners about "I'm the one doing all the work" and they were absolutely true.

My favourite party moment was Javik getting drunk, lining up a bunch of empties, then hiding behind the couch taking potshots at them.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 29, 2013

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of Citadel dlc, does anyone have any tips for getting the orange prize in the claw game?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

erotic dad posted:

A while ago I was messing around with the ArmA 2 modding tools, and came up with this:

ENEMY

MAN

EVERYWHERE

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

General Battuta posted:

ENEMY

MAN

EVERYWHERE

:golfclap:

Best post in the entire thread.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If I want to bypass the multiplayer but don't want to be punished for it what should I do (PC version)

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Toussaint Louverture posted:

If I want to bypass the multiplayer but don't want to be punished for it what should I do (PC version)

Get the extended cut ending, be a completionist, and (if you can) import a ME2 save file with pretty good outcomes. Then you will be able to view a five-second scene during one ending option that, before the extended cut, was only available to people who increased their galactic readiness through multiplayer or other gimmicks.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

What Draile said applies, but I'd still like to mention that, unless you physically can't play multiplayer because your PC doesn't have access to the internet or something like that, you really should at least give it a try. It's really, really good and fun, and there's no reason not to at least give it a try if you otherwise enjoy ME3's gameplay.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just hate multiplayer and live in a timezone that precludes it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Draile posted:

Get the extended cut ending, be a completionist, and (if you can) import a ME2 save file with pretty good outcomes. Then you will be able to view a five-second scene during one ending option that, before the extended cut, was only available to people who increased their galactic readiness through multiplayer or other gimmicks.
Alternative: Edit your EMS score with gibbed's savegame editor before you start the Cerberus base mission.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bioware lowered the requirements for the "best" ending when they released the extended endings. I'm not sure if you need to have imported a character to get the bonuses required to get the minimum score though. All I'm really sure of is that I had a character important from ME2 who was imported from ME1 and was able to get the "best" ending without playing multiplayer when the extended endings were released and installed.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I got my friend into Mass Effect and it's already one of his favorite game series. He's playing Vanguard, but unfortunately he's almost up to the Collector Ship yet his Charge is only on Level 2 and he mostly just loves using Shockwave all the time. What do I do? I already sent him the Vanguard chart, but I don't think it made an impression.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 30, 2013

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
If he's having fun I say let him play the way he wants to. v:shobon:v If he were getting frustrated and his playstyle was the cause then I'd say you should give some tips, but thinking his un-optimal playstyle needs fixed is a bit :goonsay:.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Tremors posted:

If he's having fun I say let him play the way he wants to. v:shobon:v If he were getting frustrated and his playstyle was the cause then I'd say you should give some tips, but thinking his un-optimal playstyle needs fixed is a bit :goonsay:.
I'm of course not seriously going to tell him anything. I just thought it was funny. I did convince him to charge the Colossus though, and he promptly died. That was fun.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Lycus posted:

I'm of course not seriously going to tell him anything. I just thought it was funny. I did convince him to charge the Colossus though, and he promptly died. That was fun.

Did you tell him to avoid the Claymore? Does he have any DLC weapons or not?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

My favourite party moment was Javik getting drunk, lining up a bunch of empties, then hiding behind the couch taking potshots at them.

I did the party twice and both times the next morning sees a squadmate (Grunt the first time, Javik the next) horribly hungover in the bathroom, and if you keep talking to them eventually they imply having a crush on Liara, which I found hilarious, and I kind of hope it's a running gag and every single squadmate secretly has a thing for her.

Grunt: Look, I found you a pretty stone. It's blue. :3:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Supposedly if you somehow don't have a relationship or a living ex to have a drunken rebound with, you'll end up waking up with some rather unusual people.

The party is actually pretty interesting, a lot of the dialogue changes depending on which type you throw and how you change it up.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you have issues like I did with origin you can digital download the game from Amazon.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Just to be clear - you hate pvp multiplayer or co-op multiplayer? I had a friend same as you who refused to buy an online pass on Xbox because he didn't want to deal with all of the MW3 vitriol but when he found out it was co-op like Halo firefight, he was immediately on board.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I finally bought and finished the citadel DLC and what a great way to end the series. One of the best DLC's I've spent money on honestly.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Rick_Hunter posted:

Just to be clear - you hate pvp multiplayer or co-op multiplayer? I had a friend same as you who refused to buy an online pass on Xbox because he didn't want to deal with all of the MW3 vitriol but when he found out it was co-op like Halo firefight, he was immediately on board.

Yeah, I really don't get that.
You don't even really interact with other players in ME3 MP, double so on PC where nobody uses VOIP, you just happen to have (up to) three other guys playing along with you in what is basically the best part of ME3, its combat, condensed into a separate game mode. Why someone would refuse to play that based on "MULTIPLAYER :byodood:" alone I don't quite get, but to each his own!

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I come in last just about every time, probably because I never really worried too much about weapons and such as much as I should have... :(

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Cobalt Chloride posted:

I come in last just about every time, probably because I never really worried too much about weapons and such as much as I should have... :(

Doesn't rally matter, nobody other than spergy shitlords gives a gently caress about the ranking, and all the credits / xp is shared across all players anyway.
So long as you're having fun, you're doing it right.

The only exception here would be Platinum games where it's kind of expected that you should at least kind of know what you're doing, but then you really shouldn't play Platinum games with strangers in the first place anyway :v:

E: Either way, this isn't the MP thread and I'll shut up about it now.

Tyrel Lohr
Mar 1, 2007

No, sir, I don't care for Frungy.

Other people have already said it, but the ME3 multiplayer is really pretty fun. It's the first game I've every played multiplayer and it was easy to get into. If you run into any jerks you can just drop and find a new lobby, it's not that big of a deal -- but players on PC don't tend to even have mics, and the game's voice chat barely works anyway so it isn't a big deal.

As for the time zone issue, there are always people on there. You may get stuck with the large contingent of Russian or other Eastern European players, but as long as your lag is manageable that shouldn't be a huge problem.

Also, there isn't any over riding reason to play the multiplayer if you don't want to. They changed the EMS stuff with the Extended Cut so that it isn't an issue anymore. So if you absolutely don't want to try it, you don't have to. Just happily ignore it.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
I just stumbled upon and picked up the Omega DLC for 360 in what appears to be an unadvertised sale. It's currently half-priced at 600 MS-bux, in case you've been waiting for it to drop. Now if they'd only put Citadel on sale...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Rather than focusing on the cost of DLC, focus on the cost of points. Dishonored is 2400 points. But I only paid $10 for 2400 points recently and so it became a $10 game. Full price would be $30, though.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Wow. I've been experiencing Banshees for the first time. These things are genuinely scary and can be really stressful to fight. Bravo, Bioware.

Also, read the Mass Effect 1 and 2 parts of the OP. Didn't realize those paragraphs spoil the entire games. Thank God I avoided those before I played them. I know the games are old, but why aren't there any spoiler tags that?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

Bioware lowered the requirements for the "best" ending when they released the extended endings. I'm not sure if you need to have imported a character to get the bonuses required to get the minimum score though.

I haven't done the math but getting the "best" ending may be tricky. The default Shepard didn't do a lot of side missions (including loyalty missions) and didn't recruit anyone 'optional' (this includes not just the DLC characters, but also Grunt and Legion since both had to be 'activated.') Just not having Legion has a big impact.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

monster on a stick posted:

I haven't done the math but getting the "best" ending may be tricky. The default Shepard didn't do a lot of side missions (including loyalty missions) and didn't recruit anyone 'optional' (this includes not just the DLC characters, but also Grunt and Legion since both had to be 'activated.') Just not having Legion has a big impact.

"Best" is also very subjective here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Keeshhound posted:

"Best" is also very subjective here.

I will always and forever use scare quotes to refer to any of ME3's endings.

• Locked thread