Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea what to name the topic this week. This was more of a plot episode rather than a joke episode. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lintwhite
Oct 15, 2007

I could not stop shaking during this episode. I haven't had a physical reaction like that to an episode since Operation P.R.O.M. Please tell me I wasn't the only one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

axleblaze posted:

I have no idea what to name the topic this week. This was more of a plot episode rather than a joke episode. Any ideas?

The breast line.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

axleblaze posted:

No...I can't talk about that. I was napping.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

axleblaze posted:

Dean's line about Hank

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

axleblaze posted:

GO-S-I! GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Lintwhite posted:

I could not stop shaking during this episode. I haven't had a physical reaction like that to an episode since Operation P.R.O.M. Please tell me I wasn't the only one.
I was on the edge of my seat when Hank went out to face Molotov - I was so worried he was actually gonna die.

Electron Sponge
Dec 18, 2006

Mister Wonderful

axleblaze posted:

quote:

"You'll never get over the loss of your breasts. You'll miss them forever."

"You'll miss them forever" may end up being quite relevant.

Bought this t-shirt. Yo-S.I.!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
There was not a single wasted second in this episode. VB manages to pack more plot and character development into a half hour than most movies manage in two.

Wax On
Mar 22, 2007

drop a bat beat
We'd better get the Sphinx shirt that Hank was wearing at some point!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Scooter_McCabe posted:

This episode was awesome and it also just made me hate Dean more for some reason.

People don't like Dean? Wow, I think he's one of the best characters.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
This episode loving ruled.

Of course Gathers telling Brock that Molotov was assigned to just kill the *traitors* in OSI made me think - she actually DID try to kill Shore Leave, but went dry on both Uzis. This suggests that Shore Leave's dirty. :smith:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jul 1, 2013

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That episode loving ruled.

Of course Gathers telling Brock that Molotov was assigned to just kill the *traitors* in OSI made me think - she actually DID try to kill Shore Leave, but went dry on both Uzis. This suggests that Shore Leave's dirty. :smith:

Or that Gathers is crazy. Or that it's a double bluff and that Molotov knew that Shore Leave took the clips out. Keep in mind, he was the only one who survived that volley. Not even poor Bum Rush made it out of that bloodbath. Shore Leave? Not a scratch! That was drat near surgical.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mr. Fowl posted:

Or that Gathers is crazy. Or that it's a double bluff and that Molotov knew that Shore Leave took the clips out. Keep in mind, he was the only one who survived that volley. Not even poor Bum Rush made it out of that bloodbath. Shore Leave? Not a scratch! That was drat near surgical.

Not to lapse into another "Hubbard + Apollo" thing but you have a point about how carefully she shoved him into the closet - she'd know the weight of a loaded Uzi and a spent one instinctively.

That being said, Brock's scream when she started loving Monstroso was priceless, as was seeing the Brock/Mol first encounter.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
I guess if you want to get into more crazy territory, was Molotov's dad trying kill Ted Turner or Gorbachev :tinfoil:?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

LP97S posted:

I guess if you want to get into more crazy territory, was Molotov's dad trying kill Ted Turner or Gorbachev :tinfoil:?

Probably Gorby. He was never popular with the hard-liners, especially early on, before he built up political capital with Reagan with the arms reduction talks and Perestroika/Glasnost. I can't remember if they gave a *year* for the Goodwill Games.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

LP97S posted:

Ted Turner. Or should I say...SOVEREIGN!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mr. Fowl posted:

Ted Turner. Or should I say...SOVEREIGN!

Perfect.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Probably Gorby. He was never popular with the hard-liners, especially early on, before he built up political capital with Reagan with the arms reduction talks and Perestroika/Glasnost. I can't remember if they gave a *year* for the Goodwill Games.

1986 so it was perfectly in line with Perestroika iirc.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

BIG HEADLINE posted:

'86. The scene a the Goodwill Games calls back to the first Molotov episode (Brisby?), where her and Brock call each other out for killing their father/partner.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Holy crap that episode was amazing. :allears:

Endless mind twisting fun as everything you know is wrong.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
Could everybody please knock it off with the pointless spoiler tags? Speculation isn't spoilers. There's no need to spoiler the fall of the Soviet Union.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 1, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Man, Rusty was sleeping real loving cozy on Hatred, jeez.

Those aren't pillows, man!

Pick fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 1, 2013

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
And this episode managed to break Dean for me. It's detracting from the show for me at this point.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

thrakkorzog posted:

Could everybody please knock it off with the pointless spoiler tags?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Venture Brothers Season V: No need to spoiler the fall of the Soviet Union.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Great episode. I loved the misdirect of Rusty saying,"No... I... I can't speak about what happened to Hank... I was asleep."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Pick posted:

Man, Rusty was sleeping real loving cozy on Hatred, jeez.

Those aren't pillows, man!

Given how infrequently Rusty gets laid or is able to *pay* to get laid I'm sure he was nuzzling by instinctive necessity, to say nothing of the fact that while we know a healthy amount about Jonas Venture Sr. we've never learned a single fact about Rusty's mother, so he probably has some pretty unhealthy 'mommy' issues.

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011

axleblaze posted:

"I got off, the alarm went off."

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

And this episode managed to break Dean for me. It's detracting from the show for me at this point.

What's so bad about Dean? He seems to be rejecting superscience like his dad. OK, so he spends a lot of his time locked up in his room, as teenagers often do.

But teach him how to play guitar, and he's ready to produce Pinkerton II.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 1, 2013

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo this episode. Also, gently caress Dean. Though that one comment about Hank and Batman had me laughing harder than anything else in this episode, I don't care anymore. I guess it was worth it for that and telling the Outrider to go gently caress himself?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
In a line of dialogue less than five minutes, Hunter manages to make Molotov one of my favorite characters again.

I like that Shore Leave got immediately suspicious with Afterburner since his mask is exactly like Mol's Rookie mask from S.P.H.I.N.X.

The Venture family scene with the Nozzle parallels with Season 3's finale when they were also hiding in the panic room. It's cool to see Hank, Dean, and even Vatred's personalities bounce off one another in both scenes now.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm not so sure about that. When Shore Leave tells them to be careful around her, Tank Top might have been trying to give Molotov a way out since he thinks she's on their side and Shore Leave scolds him.

thrakkorzog posted:

What's so bad about Dean? He seems to be trying to reject wanting to do superscience like his dad. OK, he spends a lot of his time locked up in his room, as teenagers often do.

But teach him how to play guitar, and he's ready to produce Pinkerton II.

Hank was going through growing pains in Season 4 and now it's Dean's turn. Unfortunately, Dean doesn't have a buddy to make it easier like Hank. Also, he hasn't really had an episode focused on him since the premiere and the Halloween special.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Poor Hatred, Hank actually said something really genuinely sweet to him (something along the lines of,"You're like a member of the family too, like an Uncle!") and Hatred was unconscious and couldn't hear it :smith:

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)

Jerusalem posted:

Poor Hatred, Hank actually said something really genuinely sweet to him (something along the lines of,"You're like a member of the family too, like an Uncle!") and Hatred was unconscious and couldn't hear it :smith:

He called him "Uncle Vatred" :3:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
At first I thought the newbie was Molotov as they were leaving before the twist and the second twist.

Hopefully we'll learn more about The Investors before the season finishes.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

I like that Shore Leave got immediately suspicious with Afterburner since his mask is exactly like Mol's Rookie mask from S.P.H.I.N.X.

Molotov's Sphinx infiltration mask is also really similar to the one Leia wears in Return of the Jedi to infiltrate Jabba's palace.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It might also have been self-defense.

e: I know Al is old-school deathrock, but... is that Trianna's room?

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 1, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Molotov could kill Shore Leave in a hundred different ways and since she left him alive means he is clean.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

In the past I've felt like this show falls a little flat when it tries to be more serious/plot heavy, but holy poo poo this episode was incredible in every way.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Lintwhite posted:

You need to go outside more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Venture Brothers Season V: Molostro. Or do you prefer Monstrotov?

-or-

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Venture Brothers Season V: Colossal Clusterfudge

Also, that was Bill Hader as Headshot, I am sure of it.