Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

homeless snail posted:

Coins do expire eventually, but its something like 2 years after you earn them. They give you a heads up on your account status page.

I believe they'll email you too if Coins are set to expire.

It helps that they spend coins set to expire before spending newer coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!
I just realized that if I do all of my surveys tonight, right now, I will hit Platinum if I buy something worth 5 coins. I don't have a WiiU, so does anyone have a quick, cheap game or app recommendation that will get me that last tiny push?

edit; Anyone have any opinions on that new LEGO game, Legends of Chima? It looks cute, but heck if their video told me anything.

Shoopuf fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 1, 2013

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shoopuf posted:

I just realized that if I do all of my surveys tonight, right now, I will hit Platinum if I buy something worth 5 coins. I don't have a WiiU, so does anyone have a quick, cheap game or app recommendation that will get me that last tiny push?

edit; Anyone have any opinions on that new LEGO game, Legends of Chima? It looks cute, but heck if their video told me anything.

Do you have Gunman Clive? It's popular and set at the minimum eshop price, $2.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

elf help book posted:

Do you have Gunman Clive? It's popular and set at the minimum eshop price, $2.

Oh, that looks cooler than I was expecting from the pictures it had. One of those games to pick up and poke at for a few minutes. Perfect. Thanks for the suggestion!

edit; Ugh, I've bought things and now it looks like Club Nintendo might not update fast enough with the info for me to earn the coins... :mad: How long does that sort of thing usually take?

Shoopuf fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 1, 2013

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Bought F-Zero X with my Club Nintendo coins after being told about it. The framerate tends to dip occasionally and the textures are way off in some parts (like the tunnel in Sand Ocean 1) but it doesn't keep it from being fun. Hopefully if it gets ported to Wii U they can fix those problems (wishful thinking but I also would love to see them put the expansion kit in there too)

Pretty sure the promotion for it ends this week so if you don't have it and have 200 coins you're willing to spend you should go for it.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 1, 2013

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have 50 coins expiring tonight... oh well, nothing I really want in the shop, would rather hoard them for more VC titles.

I think I might have enough coins to go gold for sure, maybe platinum if I ender all my codes tomorrow.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 4):

quote:

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pilotwings (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    King of Fighters '99 (Neo Geo) - 900 Points
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario & Yoshi (NES VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until July 11
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.66 / £5.99 from July 4-11

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Project X Zone - €34.99 / £27.99
3DS eSHOP
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles! - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Sonic Drift 2 (Sega Game Gear) - €3.99 / £3.59
    Vampire: Master of Darkness (Sega Game Gear) - €4.99 / £4.49
    G-LOC: Air Battle (Sega Game Gear) - €3.99 / £3.59
DSiWARE
    99Moves - 200 Points / €1.99 / £1.79
    California Super Sports - 500 Points / €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until July 4
    Urban Trial Freestyle (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.49 until July 4
    Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.49 until July 4
    Mighty Switch Force! (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 from July 4-11

Sonic Drift 2 is a vaguely kart racer-ish Outrun-style game, G-LOC is a sorta-spinoff to Afterburner, and Vampire: Master of Darkness is a really shameless Castlevania clone that's a lot better than the real CV games for Game Boy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh man, I love Pilotwings. Will definitely be picking that up. Was the 3DS one any good? I remember it getting mixed reviews.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Help Im Alive posted:

Oh man, I love Pilotwings. Will definitely be picking that up. Was the 3DS one any good? I remember it getting mixed reviews.

It's a very chill game, I'd call it worth the :10bux: or so you can get it for used. Probably not worth full retail.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So now that it's July 1st can I register all the things I was saving for the next year, or do I technically need to wait until July 2nd?

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

greatn posted:

So now that it's July 1st can I register all the things I was saving for the next year, or do I technically need to wait until July 2nd?
I'd hold off on anything not expiring because it's acting all goofy for me--

There are 2 surveys I completed today, one for 10 and one for 20. One was a "play" survey, one was a "buy" survey. Notice the year is all wrong on the right too? The screenshot shows my gauge on the right and my coins/account status page. Both show 2013.

I'm sure everything will work out but I'd hold off until they fix their site just to be safe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Help Im Alive posted:

It has some of the best 3D effect of any 3DS game I've played. It looks great and its very relaxing. There's very, very little "game" to be found here, though, so think about what you want out of it, YMMV. I feel like I spent a lot more time with pilotwings 64 back in the day, although that may have just been timing. But yeah, its just a game where you fly around, that's really it. I got it used for cheap and am pretty happy with playing some now and then.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

It's incredibly shallow but I got a copy for $3 brand spanking new, and at that price I wouldn't care if it was a complete turd. You can probably find one around the same price at Gamestop or EB Games.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Help Im Alive posted:

Like everyone else said, it's pretty short with some pretty neat-ish unlockables and nice use of the 3D effect (although it's the only game that I can't play with full 3D since it really hurts my eyes), but I thought what was there was pretty nice. I got it with my 3DS and Mario 3D Land for Christmas a couple years ago, so I didn't pay anything for it, but I would've been happy paying $10 or less for it.

I'd love to have a 3D Classics-style version of the first game, despite the fact that I'm not very great at it. :shobon:

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
We have some family friends that had a bunch of 3DS and DS games in cases and I noticed all their serial numbers were in there. I asked them if they ever registered and told them about club nintendo. The dad says to me "Oh we don't bother with that stuff, do you want them?"

They have a 4 and 7 year old! I couldn't believe they couldn't take 5 minutes to set up an account given how much stuff they buy. I waited till today, registered them and am already at gold status.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Looks like we have the next batch of Club Nintendo reward titles:

Any opinions on Aura-Aura Climber? Already have DK94, it's a blast.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
YES! I love that Donkey Kong. It's one of the best Gameboy games I remember. I came SO close to buying it last week, glad I waited. Anyone know anything about that Aura game?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
With OoS/OoA, I remember there was a bunch of content that you got if you beat both games and then linked them, is that possible to access on the Virtual Console version of them?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Orange Crush Rush posted:

With OoS/OoA, I remember there was a bunch of content that you got if you beat both games and then linked them, is that possible to access on the Virtual Console version of them?

Yep, that's done by passwords so it still works fine.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Yes, because there was a password system you could use instead of a physical link.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Okay cool, I was probably gonna pick them up anyways (for some reason I just sorta skipped them back in the day even though I love me some 2D Zelda) but that's reassuring.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I don't know if it's good or bad but Aura-Aura is only $1.99 so it's not the best value for 100 points.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Beat one game first, then link them and beat the other. Basically, best way to play it is not simultaneously to get all of the cool content and the like. (Best way to go that I've heard is: First game > link into second game > link back into first game NG+ > link into second game NG+ to get everything, if you ever feel like playing them that much.)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shoopuf posted:

Beat one game first, then link them and beat the other. Basically, best way to play it is not simultaneously to get all of the cool content and the like. (Best way to go that I've heard is: First game > link into second game > link back into first game NG+ > link into second game NG+ to get everything, if you ever feel like playing them that much.)

Does it matter if I get everything in the first game or not? Like should I get all the heart pieces before switching games? Or is it just completion?

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

elf help book posted:

Does it matter if I get everything in the first game or not? Like should I get all the heart pieces before switching games? Or is it just completion?

That's just completion. If memory serves, linking to the next game gives you four hearts at start (and possibly the wooden sword without having to wait for an event)?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Shoopuf posted:

That's just completion. If memory serves, linking to the next game gives you four hearts at start (and possibly the wooden sword without having to wait for an event)?

It also gives you the opportunity to get some nice items like the master sword (which you can subsequently upgrade to the biggoron's sword by going back to the first game).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aura-Aura Climber is by Nintendo Software Technology (the Mario vs. DK dudes) and from what I recall it was one of the better 200-point DSiWare games, but I can't remember how it actually played... I think it's an endless climber dealio with stylus controls?

Anyway, NA dudes: SMT Soul Hackers is $29.99 on the eShop until July 14.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why do they keep doing coin stuff for wii vc instead of wii u?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aura Aura Climber is fantastic. It is sort of an endless climber, built around a grappling hook mechanic that I found really satisfying. The world is huge and labyrinthine too, and the game really encourages you to explore it to find all the shortcuts, powerups, and unlock all the achievements. Its worth actual money, and it sure as hell is worth Club Nintendo fun money.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Why do they keep offering up DSiWare that can't even be redeemed on DSi? The world may never know.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Doesn't the WiiU have access to the Wii Shop/VC?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It does, and they even refunded the coins to those who redeemed the free Wii version of Super Metroid while it was 30c on the Wii U VC.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Number of Wii owners: 100 million
Number of Wii U owners: 3 million

But also, they make money from people with the Wii VC games to upgrading to/repurchasing the Wii U VC versions.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This is a pretty good deal, but don't forget that Shin Megami Tensei 4 is only two weeks away.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I bought it the day before to hit platinum. gently caress.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Oh, Starfox 64 and Super Punch Out? I might grab SPO so I can get it discounted on the Wii U VC when it drops but SF64 I might pass seeing as I have it on the 3DS already.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Really enjoying Mighty Switch Force 2, the soundtrack especially.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Gameboy version of Donkey Kong has got to be one of the best aged titles for that system.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo Wii U dudes, NOE has just announced that they're bringing the Joysound karaoke app to the PAL eShop later this year (click) - it's a streaming service that requires you to buy "tickets" to access the catalogue for certain amounts of time (one hour, 24 hours, 30 days), and supports both USB mics and the gamepad mic. Might be worth a look if the international catalogue doesn't suck balls, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I heard quite a few good things about the Japanese service, so I'm happy to see it expanding elsewhere. Of course it will live or die by its music catalog.