Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Pineapple Salad posted:

I don't even know what stereotype this is playing off of. Turning phones on? What does that even mean?

The girl gives them money to pay their delinquent phone bills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Pineapple Salad posted:

I don't even know what stereotype this is playing off of. Turning phones on? What does that even mean?

You know that riddle that psychopaths are supposedly able to solve at a higher rate than normal people? The meme is like that, for really loving racist people.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Pineapple Salad posted:

This man found one quick trick to turning on his cell phone. Wireless companies hate him!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Not facebook, but a discussion forum I lurk. I thought it fit the spirit of the thread.

quote:

On a side note, I have never been able to find a quantifiable amount of CO2 that a human emits. Why is this so hidden? I primarily bike for transportation but I don't know if I equal a car or not when I'm huffing it across town.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Do I create as much CO2 as an internal combustion engine??

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Humans give off CO2! Oh no! :aaa: We need to find a way to limit the amount of CO2 emitted by humankind daily and this line of thought isn't going anywhere good

Fake edit: At first I typed hamkind instead of humankind. Guess I'm just really hungry.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Pope Mobile posted:

Do I create as much CO2 as an internal combustion engine??

Maybe its a brag about his lung capacity and biking skills?

Also, from the underground press known as Yahoo Answers "A normal intake of breath is normal atmospheric composition, as such contains 0.0360% CO2 or 0.18ml of CO2 intake. However we breathe out about 5% CO2 or 25ml with an average of 13,000 breaths a day. Thats 325,000ml (325L )of CO2 Which means by the end of the day, a person on average will exhale 1kg of CO2. Now add there are 6 billion people alive we can say humans exhale 6 billion kg of CO2 a day."

STOP HIDING THE TRUTH!

Teatime Prize
Nov 1, 2008

A violent death is the last thing that'll happen to you.

Posted this at the end of the old thread...stumbled across it again today and my god, it's so stupid I'm reposting.

Blue: me
Red: a friend
Green: a moron
Other colours: random friends of Red

Context: Red and I both have OCD, Green is an idiot who thinks mental illness is fun. Eventually we gave up.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Teatime Prize posted:

Posted this at the end of the old thread...stumbled across it again today and my god, it's so stupid I'm reposting.

Context: Red and I both have OCD, Green is an idiot who thinks mental illness is fun. Eventually we gave up.

You know, I like Orange. "Hey, I have this thing you think it's cool. It's not. I deal with it, because if I didn't I'd be crazy. Please shut the gently caress up."
While there are some advantages (like with your OCD you might be good at specific things for example maybe? Not sure, I'll delete if you say otherwise), I seriously doubt that they can even match to the disadvantages.

I could very well be wrong so please correct me. Closest thing I can "relate" to is someone saying myopia is cool because glasses look good which is several degrees of separation from something like a mental illness.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I have high functioning autism. Where's my +15 to intelligence?! :saddowns:

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Teatime Prize posted:

I remember this, it's just as :allears: the second time around.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Seriously, I can't what hard enough at green. Who thinks like this? :argh:

Anyway, content!

Can't be arsed hiding the names because public roleplaying accounts. Facebook RP is simply :allears: at how retardedly insane it gets sometimes.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Teatime Prize posted:

I dated a girl with OCD and after seeing what she went through it drives me crazy when people say, "OMG I have to keep things in order, I am SO OCD!"

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Oh man you guys get all the cool superpowers mental illnesses, all I have is this crummy ol' chronic anxiety. What does that give me? Maybe I'm a tiny bit better at reading moods? That's practically the power of heart and we all know that sucks :mad:

vvv Oh god yeah trichotillomania suuuuuucks :( I still have it pretty bad and I basically cannot make eye contact with people in case they notice. What's the upside there, Mr Mental Illnesses Are Awesome?

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Anyway, content!

Can't be arsed hiding the names because public roleplaying accounts. Facebook RP is simply :allears: at how retardedly insane it gets sometimes.

Amazing. This is actually worse than what I saw when I used to post on Gaia when I was 15 and stupid. This right here is an untapped goldmine of idiots on Facebook.

vaguely has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Jul 2, 2013

Teatime Prize
Nov 1, 2008

A violent death is the last thing that'll happen to you.

Serperoth posted:

You know, I like Orange. "Hey, I have this thing you think it's cool. It's not. I deal with it, because if I didn't I'd be crazy. Please shut the gently caress up."
While there are some advantages (like with your OCD you might be good at specific things for example maybe? Not sure, I'll delete if you say otherwise), I seriously doubt that they can even match to the disadvantages.

I could very well be wrong so please correct me. Closest thing I can "relate" to is someone saying myopia is cool because glasses look good which is several degrees of separation from something like a mental illness.

Yeah, there are some small advantages, but they don't weigh up to the disadvantages. Like, I don't get many colds, since I sanitize my hands about 60 - 90 times a day, buuut I don't have healthy skin on my hands anymore. And I know exactly how many steps there are on every staircase and walkway I use regularly, so it's easy to get around in the dark, buuut I waste so much time loving counting stuff pointlessly and get really wigged out if I lose what number I'm on. And I don't even have severe OCD, I can't imagine how much worse that is.

I thought they were joking from their first comment. Apparently, no such luck.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Idiots on Facebook: *does a death spell that makes you die*

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

York_M_Chan posted:

I dated a girl with OCD and after seeing what she went through it drives me crazy when people say, "OMG I have to keep things in order, I am SO OCD!"

My OCD manifested as trichotillomania when I was 6. Even with a lifetime of CBT I still find my fingers wandering across my beard and eyelashes when I get overwhelmed. OCD does not mean what most people think it means and it infuriates me.

fonzie scheme
Jul 15, 2011

I'M A VERY LUCKY SLUT
I'm sorry. I don't know quite know how to do this right, but this is priceless. https://www.facebook.com/Koifish1/posts/528967113825299

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

fonzie scheme posted:

I'm sorry. I don't know quite know how to do this right, but this is priceless. https://www.facebook.com/Koifish1/posts/528967113825299

Unfortunately that page appears to be hidden. Perhaps you could take a screenshot of the funny thing and show it to us?

fonzie scheme
Jul 15, 2011

I'M A VERY LUCKY SLUT

dijon du jour posted:

Unfortunately that page appears to be hidden. Perhaps you could take a screenshot of the funny thing and show it to us?

I don't know how :(

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

fonzie scheme posted:

http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/ Tah-dah

VVVVV
Hmm never knew about that. I'll have to try that out myself in the future.

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 22:30 on Jul 2, 2013

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

fonzie scheme posted:

In addition to the above, ShareX is pretty awesome. You can link it to imgur/wherever to have it automatically upload screenshots too.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My old boss used to call herself doing her job as "being OCD and being a perfectionist". No, it's just not being poo poo at your job. I did my job as expected and I never claimed any of that poo poo. My brother-in-law has OCD, and it pissed me off. My husband is a perfectionist, and you know what that actually means? He never gets anything done, because "it's not good enough, I have to start over."

He also is bipolar, so seeing people lie about how sick they are (aren't) to get attention really makes me want to smash poo poo up. There is NOTHING glamorous about it, it is not something you want to have and be so loving proud of.

fonzie scheme
Jul 15, 2011

I'M A VERY LUCKY SLUT
Thanks guys!
Ok. Please nobody contact me, him or anyone from my contacts. Ok, Jose?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
If you download Social Fixer it'll anonymize all that for ya if you don't want to/can't do it yourself.
You also might want to crop out your desktop and all the extraneous stuff in the image that's not the post you want to show off.

Anyway, as to what the man's talking about : :psyduck:

"She takes up for them"? What does that even mean?

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Jul 2, 2013

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Wait, what is he even trying to do here? Is he trying to make his gf's exes feel bad about having been sexually abused/assaulted? I would feel bad for anyone dating him except what is she doing flapping her jaw about her exes' experiences of abuse to her douchebag boyfriend?

Kracken
Sep 25, 2006

Let no joyful voice be heard! Let no man look up at the sky with hope! And let this day be cursed by we who ready to wake ...
Someone on my feed is really worked up about the Zimmerman trial.

fonzie scheme
Jul 15, 2011

I'M A VERY LUCKY SLUT
No earthly idea, guys.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Man, just put it into MSPaint and crop and paint over names.

Anyway, I like to imagine he does the romantic-comedy solution to this and starts blowing a bunch of dudes and tells her about it on a date.

Also, do you love big muscles?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

vaguely posted:

Oh man you guys get all the cool superpowers mental illnesses, all I have is this crummy ol' chronic anxiety. What does that give me? Maybe I'm a tiny bit better at reading moods? That's practically the power of heart and we all know that sucks :mad:

Amazing. This is actually worse than what I saw when I used to post on Gaia when I was 15 and stupid. This right here is an untapped goldmine of idiots on Facebook.

There's plenty more where that come from. I just thought that was the most succinct example of them.

Here, have some more.

I can't even follow what's going on here.

Friends Are Evil posted:

Idiots on Facebook: *does a death spell that makes you die*

:kimchi: I giggled.

fonzie scheme
Jul 15, 2011

I'M A VERY LUCKY SLUT

ThatPazuzu posted:

Man, just put it into MSPaint and crop and paint over names.

Anyway, I like to imagine he does the romantic-comedy solution to this and starts blowing a bunch of dudes and tells her about it on a date.

Also, do you love big muscles?

Now that you mention it, his ex from HS told everyone that he likes a pinky in the A, and when I used to hit the gay bah with my bff in the way back, we used to see him some times, "just visiting". And, no, I'm not opposed to big muscles, Lol.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

He also is bipolar, so seeing people lie about how sick they are (aren't) to get attention really makes me want to smash poo poo up. There is NOTHING glamorous about it, it is not something you want to have and be so loving proud of.

I dunno man, oscillating between wanting to kill myself and roaming around town like a humming bird on e has given me a crazy superpower that not many other people have: the ability to be crazy loving tired all the time. That's a benefit, right? Right?

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

fonzie scheme posted:

Thanks guys!
Ok. Please nobody contact me, him or anyone from my contacts. Ok, Jose?

*snip*

Feel free to replace

lenoon posted:

I dunno man, oscillating between wanting to kill myself and roaming around town like a humming bird on e has given me a crazy superpower that not many other people have: the ability to be crazy loving tired all the time. That's a benefit, right? Right?

Well in small doses the mania is kind of neat, but long term and the financial poo poo it puts you through in the end and the exhaustion of it all is horrid.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

There's plenty more where that come from. I just thought that was the most succinct example of them.

Here, have some more.

I like how she(?)'s specifically Amy Rose from Sonic Riders.

"I'm not that bitch Sonic Heroes Amy Rose! :mad:"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Anyway, content!

I like how "oh yeah" isn't interrogative, it's exclamatory.

Ohhhh yeah!!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

vaguely posted:

Actually, that was the best one, it was just wasted on a dumb kid who didn't see its potential. He could have been an even more powerful version of Charles Xavier, with telepathy and mind control that worked on any species as well as functioning legs.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Teatime Prize posted:

Just look at all of the benefits of depression:

Just look at 'em!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ularg posted:

Just look at all of the benefits of depression:

Just look at 'em!

Ohhhhh yeah!! Where do I sign up for this goodnes?

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

Just read your own jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Spelunking the depths of Facebook RP led me to finding this:

Christ, I have never laughed so hard at this poo poo before.

• Locked thread