Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
I'm mailing my santee's stuff this week!

Also, PM me if you want a CIB Virtual Boy before it goes on SA Mart.

Edit: Consider my everdrive GG instead.

Bing the Noize fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

ACID POLICE posted:

Also, PM me if you want a CIB Virtual Boy before it goes on SA Mart. I also have a Model 1 Sega CD if anyone wants to do the repairs because I'm very lazy (just the disc drive tries to open but can't)

I'm surprised you didn't fix this it's literally 10 minutes of work with 0 soldering

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
I thought it was easy but was too lazy to even look up what the repair entails, I'll keep it and fix it first

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005
A package appears!

Woah it really is Christmas in July :allears:

What do we have here?

- A tiny li'l Xmas tree just for me, complete with candy cane
- A precious miniature stocking w/a Yoshi figurine
- Mario Kart candy dispenser. Foreshadowing?
- Shinsei Hyper Stick controller: Badass arcade stick for the NES which is apparently very obscure because I can't find any info about it on the Internet.
- Ms. Pac Man (GEN): According to Quiet Feet, it's imperative to own every port. This one brings my Ms Pac Man port collection to five (2600, 7800, GG, GEN, DC), so I'm a step closer.
- Mercenary Force (GB): Not only am I blown away by the mere premise of this game (an on-foot Shmup set in feudal Japan) but also by the homemade instruction manual made by Quiet Feet. Way to go above and beyond.
- Pinball Quest (NES): I've seen this pop up in the thread a couple times now as a goon-recommended hidden gem, and now I get to see what the fuss is about.
- Mario Kart Fuckin 64 (N64): A wish from my wishlist granted. Well I never!

Seriously sweet haul, thanks to my man Quiet Feet. Now to eagerly await the Xmas exchange. Oh and mail my Santee's stuff.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Quidnose posted:

Speaking of SCART issues, I still can't get my Bandbridge box to output video (still doing sound) on either my Genesis or my Turbo Duo, leading me to believe that maybe the male-male cable I got isn't play nice. Does anyone have a male to male cable they've used with success with the Bandbridge SCART switch?

EDIT: For reference once again here is the cable I bought that isn't producing picture: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081SAU1W/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought my male-to-male SCART cable from this guy and it seems to work fine: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6ft-Male-to-Male-28AWG-20-wire-SCART-Cable-/110815590790?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

When you beat Umm Jammy Lammy you can play most of the levels as Parappa. :aaa:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Copper Vein posted:

Jammaboards.com still hasn't shipped my 161-in-1 MVS cart despite having ordered it over a week ago. I'm starting to see a pattern in throwing $100+ at MVS hardware on sites I'm new to.

A multicart will never slake my desire for OG boards, but will allow me to be patient and wait for a Sengoku 3 cart that's not priced crazy.

So to that end, this MVS Cyber-Lip came home with me as advance payment on some arcade stick work I'm doing.

Cyber-Lip is kinda "meh" though, it's like Contra but concentrated on all the wrong things.

Although it does make extensive use of stereo sound, while maybe there's a quick mod that will make my Omega CMVS sound better, it is definitely doing stereo out of the fingerboard.

It all depends on how your Omega is setup. Here's what the maker said in regards to the Omega and how to get stereo output:

quote:

The way the pcb is designed is to have either mono or stereo mod as well as an optional voltage divider to attenuate amplified sound when using unmodded boards. The way I shipped the kit to you was intended to have the stereo mod done to the MV-1C. You don't need to do any modifications to the solder bridges.

You still need to solder two wires to redirect line-level stereo to the jamma edge after you remove AC7 and AC8.

So basically you have to remove two capacitors and then run lines to where those would be to the jamma board. Likely he did this mod for you but I would rather keep the system "stock" so I am happy with my approach to fixing the sound output. That way I can throw this into a cab down the road should I feel like I want to.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just read something on the twitter about a guy who got his virtual boy working on a modern 3D television. Said hardest part was getting it to display in red rather than grey. There were no links or anything to follow for more information. Y'all up on this?

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Timett posted:

I just read something on the twitter about a guy who got his virtual boy working on a modern 3D television. Said hardest part was getting it to display in red rather than grey. There were no links or anything to follow for more information. Y'all up on this?

If anyone can figure it out I'm sure a goon can.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Uncle Jenkins posted:

A package appears!

Woah it really is Christmas in July :allears:

What do we have here?

- A tiny li'l Xmas tree just for me, complete with candy cane
- A precious miniature stocking w/a Yoshi figurine
- Mario Kart candy dispenser. Foreshadowing?
- Shinsei Hyper Stick controller: Badass arcade stick for the NES which is apparently very obscure because I can't find any info about it on the Internet.
- Ms. Pac Man (GEN): According to Quiet Feet, it's imperative to own every port. This one brings my Ms Pac Man port collection to five (2600, 7800, GG, GEN, DC), so I'm a step closer.
- Mercenary Force (GB): Not only am I blown away by the mere premise of this game (an on-foot Shmup set in feudal Japan) but also by the homemade instruction manual made by Quiet Feet. Way to go above and beyond.
- Pinball Quest (NES): I've seen this pop up in the thread a couple times now as a goon-recommended hidden gem, and now I get to see what the fuss is about.
- Mario Kart Fuckin 64 (N64): A wish from my wishlist granted. Well I never!

Seriously sweet haul, thanks to my man Quiet Feet. Now to eagerly await the Xmas exchange. Oh and mail my Santee's stuff.

Glad everything got there safely! I still owe you a present though. :ohdearsass:

In my rush to get the package out the door I forgot to pack one item. If it were any other thing I would have just sent it already, but it's an Atari 7800 AC adapter, which you took off if your wish list around the time I got it. Do you still need one? I mean, as far as I'm concerned it's yours.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Timett posted:

I didn't do it with a virtual boy physical hardware but I did get mednafen working with my 3d tv just fine.

Yeah, the depth is just as if you were playing on an actual virtual boy. I still gotta figure out how mednafen is setup because there's a few things I need to force through the emulator. I.e aspect ratio cannot be changed on the tv in 3d mode, need to do it from the emulator and I need to figure out how to make it save my controller mapping.

For those that want to try it and have a 3d tv here's what you need to do:

Open up the config and setup the following:
vb.3dmode = sidebyside
vb.default_color = 0xF20000

There is an option vb.sidebyside.separation which you can modify (default is 0) to make the 3d more "extreme." With the default settings it looks 3d enough for me, but that would be the equivalent of moving that slider on top of the VB. Once you load a rom go into your tv menu and switch 3d mode to side by side and you'll have a big-screen virtual boy!

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

ACID POLICE posted:

I'm mailing my santee's stuff this week!

Also, PM me if you want a CIB Virtual Boy before it goes on SA Mart.

Edit: Consider my everdrive GG instead.

Check your PMs :tipshat:

Pikachu fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 7, 2013

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I picked up Mario Tennis and Dragon Warrior 1&2 for a whopping one dollar yesterday.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Ambitious Spider posted:

I picked up Mario Tennis and Dragon Warrior 1&2 for a whopping one dollar yesterday.

Where do you get Mario Tennis that cheap? So far I only have 5 games for my N64.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
What I wish we'd get more information on is that drat hdmi nes. The guy posted on nintendo age in January that he had one built and ready "for months". I know he wants to sell pre-modded nes's or at least boards, but I'd really rather he just give me a parts list and instructions at this point. I really want a top loading nes, but I really don't want to hook it up via a rf modulator, and I don't want to do a composite mod if I can do an hdmi one relatively soon. drat these first world problems.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Quiet Feet posted:

I have a copy of Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap in a blank Master System case with the name written on a blank paper insert in marker. Or so I thought. It turns out that the title was actually written on the plastic itself. The blank sheet of paper? It was a cover insert to the Master System version of Carmen San Diego that someone had reversed for no apparent reason and slipped in with this game. I guess now I need to find a blank case and a manual/cart for Carmen San Diego? :shrug:

Edit: May as well fit this in here. I'm playing Illbleed again tonight.

Someone tell me if I got this right.

I'm in the Killer Department Store and have just met a hopping sentient cake from hell decorated in blood and with a mouth full of teeth, who wants to be desecrated decorated with the rotting human head I found earlier, and is so happy with his appearance upon doing so that he insists on joining me, and freely invites me to eat him if the urge strikes. Does any of that sound right?

:allears: I can't wait to see your reactions to the later stages. This game is not just a game, but rather an experience. I wish there were more games like this.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

juliuspringle posted:

Where do you get Mario Tennis that cheap? So far I only have 5 games for my N64.

It was the gameboy color one. But at my local thrift store.

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

McFunkerson posted:

What I wish we'd get more information on is that drat hdmi nes. The guy posted on nintendo age in January that he had one built and ready "for months". I know he wants to sell pre-modded nes's or at least boards, but I'd really rather he just give me a parts list and instructions at this point. I really want a top loading nes, but I really don't want to hook it up via a rf modulator, and I don't want to do a composite mod if I can do an hdmi one relatively soon. drat these first world problems.

That's the thing with bunnyboy and retrousb. He does what he wants and when he wants with little to no information. Retrousb is the only site making Battle Kid 2 games, and tons of people are clamoring to buy it. Instead of putting up a sign up list for preorders, they rather put up 20 copies and have it sell out within hours. (I already have my BK2 though). They get rid of their most sought after repros to go after the mythical hdmi nes.

Here's the thing though. I'm interested in the hdmi nes, just like hundreds of others are. Judging by their output on carts, I highly doubt they'll be able to even remotely keep up with demand... or they're just going to price it excessively high.

Either way, I'm not holding my breath.

Ambitious Spider posted:

It was the gameboy color one. But at my local thrift store.

I love the handheld Mario Tennis/Golf RPGs. If you haven't played them, you owe it to yourself to try them.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

fatpat268 posted:

I love the handheld Mario Tennis/Golf RPGs. If you haven't played them, you owe it to yourself to try them.

I've been playing the golf one recently. I'm really enjoying it,

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
After playing the poo poo out of Mario Tennis on the 64 for a very long time, I didn't know until fairly recently (when reading an old Nintendo Power) that the GBC version allows you to unlock TWO additional characters using the transfer pak!! There is nothing cooler than hearing about some huge bonus for a game you think you've 100%ed countless times.

Also totally unrelated, I've always had a thing for Turok games. They are such a unique kind of fun mixed with unique level of difficulty. I've never played Turok Evolution for the GC and randomly the other day I found a disc only copy on ebay for $1.27 and pounced on it. It arrived Friday and much to my surprise it's CIB! The case and manual are in great shape...but the disc has obviously been hit with steel wool for about 200 years straight. I realized then that I've NEVER seen the GC "disc can't be read" message before. I tried every trick in the book to fix it but sadly nothing I did got it to work. It does "try" to read it a little longer but it always results in the gently caress you message. Back to ebay for me I suppose!

Check out the main bad guy in this game. His name is Captain Bruckner or something similar and he's listed as an evil bastard from the American West. I haven't had this much fun reading an instruction manual in a long time.

VVVVVVVVVV
gently caress yeah. Time to get movin!

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 7, 2013

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Old games had way better plots than alot of today's games. Like Blast Corps plot of a truck carrying a pair of leaking nuclear missiles that may detonate at the slightest bump is on autopilot that tells it to smash through anything in its path to reach its destination without exploding the missiles. Your job? Destroy everything in it's path.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh lovely the price of Mother 2 carts has skyrocketed and they're nearing the 30-40 dollar range now. Even rakuten is showing carts in the $25 dollar range.

It's just going to make the EB price collapse all the sweeter once it hits the VC.

Tyson Tomko posted:

After playing the poo poo out of Mario Tennis on the 64 for a very long time, I didn't know until fairly recently (when reading an old Nintendo Power) that the GBC version allows you to unlock TWO additional characters using the transfer pak!! There is nothing cooler than hearing about some huge bonus for a game you think you've 100%ed countless times.

Also totally unrelated, I've always had a thing for Turok games. They are such a unique kind of fun mixed with unique level of difficulty. I've never played Turok Evolution for the GC and randomly the other day I found a disc only copy on ebay for $1.27 and pounced on it. It arrived Friday and much to my surprise it's CIB! The case and manual are in great shape...but the disc has obviously been hit with steel wool for about 200 years straight. I realized then that I've NEVER seen the GC "disc can't be read" message before. I tried every trick in the book to fix it but sadly nothing I did got it to work. It does "try" to read it a little longer but it always results in the gently caress you message. Back to ebay for me I suppose!

Check out the main bad guy in this game. His name is Captain Bruckner or something similar and he's listed as an evil bastard from the American West. I haven't had this much fun reading an instruction manual in a long time.

Check Gamestop they were giving out Gamecube games for free a few months ago with BOGOs, but now everything is 75% off. Turok could be had for 25-75 cents most likely.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 7, 2013

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Tyson Tomko posted:

As a fellow N64 Turok lover let me just warn you now. Turok Evolution is not good. Not even a little good. There are dinosaurs. That's all that can be said for it. I was so disappointed when I bought it new back in the day.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DisposableHero posted:

As a fellow N64 Turok lover let me just warn you now. Turok Evolution is not good. Not even a little good. There are dinosaurs. That's all that can be said for it. I was so disappointed when I bought it new back in the day.

The only way to have fun with Turok evol is to enter the password ZOO.

gives you the best parts of the game, a terribly done version of jurassic park and you just shoot dinosaurs....and apes.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

DisposableHero posted:

Your post works for so many games :smith:.

As a fellow Dino Crisis lover let me just warn you now. Dino Crisis 3 is not good. Not even a little good. There are dinosaurs. That's all that can be said for it. I was so disappointed when I bought it new back in the day.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

juliuspringle posted:

Your post works for so many games :smith:.

As a fellow Dino Crisis lover let me just warn you now. Dino Crisis 3 is not good. Not even a little good. There are dinosaurs. That's all that can be said for it. I was so disappointed when I bought it new back in the day.

The Dinosaurs in DC3 aren't even Dinosaurs.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

WendigoJohnson posted:

Oh lovely the price of Mother 2 carts has skyrocketed and they're nearing the 30-40 dollar range now. Even rakuten is showing carts in the $25 dollar range.

It's just going to make the EB price collapse all the sweeter once it hits the VC.

Just lurk ebay, that's how I got mine for $15

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

The Dinosaurs in DC3 aren't even Dinosaurs.

Eh, my point stands. I could only play the first minutes of that before I gave up. Speaking of dinosaurs, what are some good games with dinosaurs that aren't Jurassic Park starting with NES and ending with N64?

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

juliuspringle posted:

Eh, my point stands. I could only play the first minutes of that before I gave up. Speaking of dinosaurs, what are some good games with dinosaurs that aren't Jurassic Park starting with NES and ending with N64?

Comedy option: Super Mario World.

Seriously, Joe and Mac on SNES, maybe?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

bpc908 posted:

Just lurk ebay, that's how I got mine for $15

I got my copy of M2 awhile ago. But it's still crazy that it's getting that high up in price.

Also somehwhat related, Cover Project just recently added a bunch of people to authorize SFC covers for UGCs. There's about a dozen or so new SFC box scans up just from the past 3 days.

There's a bunch of high quality cleaned up scans of the boxes themselves, just in case you want to print your own cardboard boxes.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=12720.msg112557;topicseen#new

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 7, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
hope someone makes a UGC version of the Mother 2 art, that would encourage me to pick up some UGCs

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

G-Prime posted:

I have pretty fond memories of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_World:_Jurassic_Park_(console_game)

You play as different dinosaurs throughout the game staring with little compy's. Eventually you get to play Raptors and a T-Rex. I remember it being kinda hard but pretty neat.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

WendigoJohnson posted:

Check Gamestop they were giving out Gamecube games for free a few months ago with BOGOs, but now everything is 75% off. Turok could be had for 25-75 cents most likely.

Thanks for the heads up I'll check out my local Gamestop tomorrow on my lunch break and see if I can score. It's been a few months since I've been in there so who knows what I'll find or not find.

DisposableHero posted:

I definitely appreciate this but given it's still turbo cheap I'll still give it a shot. If all else fails and it sucks dick I can always play some 64 Turok to get my mind off it.

G-Prime posted:

gently caress yeah Joe and Mac is a great game. It's aged fairly well (stress the fairly) and it's worth playing if only for it's pretty unique music. It has some slammin co-op too.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Heran Bago posted:

When you beat Umm Jammy Lammy you can play most of the levels as Parappa. :aaa:

You were originally going to be able to play stage 1 as Parappa too but they decided it wouldn't make sense because the whole thing was Lammy's dream. The Parappa version is still in the data/on the soundtrack though!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

fatpat268 posted:

I never played the Mario Tennis games that were like RPGs (I am guessing just the Game Boy one is like that) but I highly recommend you try Mario Party Advance; it's basically Mario Party RPG.

edit: I think I figured out why my Yoshi's Island was giving me a hard time:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvE57-VbN9_HdEpkUUR0U1hzMHFWVWw3VXhORHFIanc&output=html

It seems as though some 1CHIP models of the SNES do not have csync wired up. Here's a dumb question: why wouldn't it be wired up? And also, if that were the case, how does an image show up at all?

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 7, 2013

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

juliuspringle posted:

If you have a Genesis there is Dinosaurs for Hire which is a decent run and gun. Added bonus of having a bad rear end cover.

If you have a Sega CD there is also Cadillacs and Dinasaurs but I haven't played that one myself.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

midwest ink posted:

If you have a Sega CD there is also Cadillacs and Dinasaurs but I haven't played that one myself.

Brb fixing my Sega CD :c00l:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

ACID POLICE posted:

Brb fixing my Sega CD :c00l:

It's not the Capcom beat 'em up it's this thing :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXj4dDhmO5g

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

midwest ink posted:

Decided to go ahead and get the last console that I really wanted. Received it and a couple of games today.

The games are Kid Dracula and Wai Wai World 2. The cat is so excited that she passed out.

It's been a day or two since I posted some gaming cat pics so I'll see your famicom bed cat with these:

My stoney looking cat doing his best "wha...what's goin on?"

And since this pic got so much love before here's one of her going to town on the box (that my secret santa stuff came in)

Bubble wrap frenzy

Box lick frenzy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

absolutely anything posted:

It's not the Capcom beat 'em up it's this thing :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXj4dDhmO5g

I have never been let down so much in my life. When I played that rom of C&D on mame, I fell in love. I'm guessing there isn't really a legal way to get one short of buying the arcade parts.

• Locked thread