Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Johnny Aztec posted:

Heeey, it's the "Under arkansas law, you could lose your license for one year if you drive off without paying for your gas" guy.

I thought it was the same dude in Ohio for a minute, but our troopers have different hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

Captain Trips posted:

I thought it was the same dude in Ohio for a minute, but our troopers have different hats.

Maybe it's the same dude in all the posters, they just get him to change shirt and hat between photos for each state.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wartooth
May 31, 2011

Is this your gimmick?

edit: Aw damnit, the picture didn't load so I thought you just posted an empty post, which would've suit your username. I'm an idiot.

edit the 2nd:

Wartooth has a new favorite as of 09:52 on Jul 12, 2013

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

An excellent post.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
There's only one chef for me :allears:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Stephen Yan is the only tv chef that actually has a place in the funny pictures thread.

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism

RandomFerret posted:

Stephen Yan is the only tv chef that actually has a place in the funny pictures thread.

Comedy logic dictates there must be one somewhere that says "rock out with your wok out".

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Olanphonia posted:

There's only one chef for me :allears:

Sokoban
Feb 16, 2011

THUNDERDOME
LOSER

Sandwich bags, baking soda and jars. Nuvo cuisine.

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

Sokoban posted:

Sandwich bags, baking soda and jars. Nuvo cuisine.

He's cooking rocks you idiot.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Why's the black guy have to make rocks, huh? Dude's looking kinda chunky, he could be making waffles.

fonzie scheme
Jul 15, 2011

I'M A VERY LUCKY SLUT

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

RandomFerret posted:

Oh my god this brings back so many good memories. I used to watch Wok With Yan all the time with my grandma. I was never interested in cooking and neither was my grandma (she cooked like a pro but she didn't need no recipes), we just loved the happy Asian man and his silly puns. I haven't thought about him in years :unsmith:

Ez has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Jul 12, 2013

fonzie scheme
Jul 15, 2011

I'M A VERY LUCKY SLUT

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

Ez posted:

Oh my god this brings back so many good memories. I used to watch Wok With Yan all the time with my grandma. I was never interested in cooking and neither was my grandma (she cooked like a pro but she didn't need no recipes), we just loved the happy Asian man and his silly puns. I haven't thought about him in years :unsmith:

I would watch Yan Can Cook as a kid. That and Julia Childs. I actually watched a lot of PBS as a kid.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I watched Yan Can Cook as a kid with my parents, too. What a chill guy.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I watched Yan Can Cook as a kid with my parents, too. What a chill guy.

I watched a lot of The Frugal Gourmet as a kid...and then in college I found out about the...well...you know. :smith:

If you don't know, you don't want to know. Trust me, don't let your image of him get tainted.

Sokoban
Feb 16, 2011

THUNDERDOME
LOSER

Totally Reasonable posted:

He's cooking rocks you idiot.

Really? :allears:

:L
Oct 28, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

I watched a lot of The Frugal Gourmet as a kid...and then in college I found out about the...well...you know. :smith:

If you don't know, you don't want to know. Trust me, don't let your image of him get tainted.

Jesus, just tell us. Most disappointing use of a spoiler tag, ever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He hosed kids.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

zoux posted:

He hosed kids.

Well it does cost less to take them to the movies.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Yan Can Cook owned, I loved watching him tear it up in the kitchen. One of my favorites was when he was preparing a whole chicken and would go through his method of "relaxing" it (basically playing with it and flailing the wings/legs around to loosen them up) and then he'd rub it down like a masseuse. I loved that he always threw some jokes and fun into the cooking and prep :) he's one of the reasons I like to cook and wanted to learn how to do more when I was younger.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Agh nooo kill it with propane

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...

Stormageddon posted:

I would watch Yan Can Cook as a kid. That and Julia Childs. I actually watched a lot of PBS as a kid.

Yan Can Cook is by Martin Yan, not Stephen Yan. Two completely different people who like to make wok jokes!

Anyway, have this:

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!

Stormageddon posted:

Me, too. :unsmith: I liked watching these shows and The Joy of Painting more than Saturday morning cartoons and whatever movies were on Saturday afternoon. The cooking shows that used to be on public television had a certain simple charm that a lot of the shows on the Food Network lack.

Ozz81 posted:

Yan Can Cook owned, I loved watching him tear it up in the kitchen. One of my favorites was when he was preparing a whole chicken and would go through his method of "relaxing" it (basically playing with it and flailing the wings/legs around to loosen them up) and then he'd rub it down like a masseuse.
I totally forgot about that! That was great.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I went to Martin Yan's restaurant a few weeks ago and it sucked. Total tourist trap too.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I once saw an episode where he cooked lobster. While it was still alive, he talked to it, teased it, and gave it a name... then killed it by whapping it's head on the side of the table while giggling to himself :stare:.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Someone start a "PYF Celebrity Chef" thread. You folks obviously want to talk about them.

fonzie scheme
Jul 15, 2011

I'M A VERY LUCKY SLUT

Native American family gospel band

fonzie scheme
Jul 15, 2011

I'M A VERY LUCKY SLUT

fonzie scheme posted:

Native American family gospel band

This is the keyboard player

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If they are not named Saint's Bro then there is something wrong with them.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Stormageddon posted:

Remember: if Yan can cook, SO CAN YOU!!!

poo poo I can still vividly remember the way he used to say it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Uhhh...how do they check for that?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Brother Jonathan posted:

Someone start a "PYF Celebrity Chef" thread. You folks obviously want to talk about them.

Already did, nerdlord. I made it after the first chefchat derail in some other thread. Look, the title's even in all caps so people will see it better:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3559088

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Text is not macro. This is an actual product. Like, for sale that you can purchase.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
OK, what goon ordered this cake? (source)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Uhhh...how do they check for that?

I think it's more based around not wanting disgusting diarrhea havers spreading anything that might be potentially causing it or pooping in the pool rather than active checking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Looks like the news station got doubly-trolled. First by whoever reported the names, then a second time by the summer intern at the NTSB who confirmed that yep, those were the names of the pilots.

• Locked thread