Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am also using a Hank of Yarn as a weapon, remember we are INSANE CRIMINALS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DarkCrawler posted:

Rusty AND Hank. Clearly the Guild works on the principle of ultimogeniture.
Then he'd have had to come to JJ, right? Or did JJ come out "first" because he would have exited his mother when Rusty was only halfway out?

...why the gently caress am I asking this

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

At what point should I become concerned that I've got three weeks worth of shirts that haven't even shipped yet, or is this par for the course with everyone?

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!
Shirt club member here. Got my URGH shirt yesterday. Week 3 just shipped.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
I'm still waiting on a ship notice for an URGH shirt

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

fspades posted:

No, it was a loving joke. A pretty funny one. You know, the reason people watch Venture Bros...

what is this hu-mon joke of which you speak

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I'm pretty certain I was supposed to have my URGH shirt delivered yesterday, but according to the tracking number, it is somewhere in postal limbo.

edit: Just got it in the mail. Time to show solidarity with my freak brothers. Only got 1 Hank buck this time though. :(

Optimus Subprime fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 12, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The Monarch was doing unlicensed arching while he was still a Shadowman for Phantom Limb, but then he left Phantom Limb for good and eventually got guild licensed. Phantom Limb didn't pay attention to the Shadowmen identities because 24 was able to cover for him for a decent enough time, and wouldn't have paid attention to his henchmen's real names to prevent the Monarch from getting official guild membership.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Got my URGH shirt just now. I am so glad I got the shirt club.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Djarum posted:

Got my URGH shirt just now. I am so glad I got the shirt club.

Same here. I got it today. Yay! :neckbeard:

Weird how my 2nd episode shirt shows up before my 1st episode shirt. Oh well just glad to finally have it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Detail I noticed rewatching the first season on Netflix is that the half-Atlantean in the original Team Venture is a Jehovah's Witness and he lives in Brooklyn Heights, which is where the Jehovah's Witnesses headquarters is.

Does Action Man ever have the stroke that Dr. Orpheus predicts?

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Install Gentoo posted:

The Monarch was doing unlicensed arching while he was still a Shadowman for Phantom Limb, but then he left Phantom Limb for good and eventually got guild licensed. Phantom Limb didn't pay attention to the Shadowmen identities because 24 was able to cover for him for a decent enough time, and wouldn't have paid attention to his henchmen's real names to prevent the Monarch from getting official guild membership.
Even once he was a licensed arch villain, he wasn't assigned to Rusty and hence was still arching illegally through Season 1 and 2. Phantom Limb covered it up because he wanted to take the Monarch down himself.

The whole deal with the Season 3 opener was poorly conveyed

Danzou fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 12, 2013

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I just finished watching last weeks episode again, and if Hank wasn't already my outright favourite, he definitely is now. There's something about him that means that I'm never surprised when he does random stuff, but I also never see it coming either.

I'm wondering about getting a Hank avatar at some point, but there are a whole bunch of good scenes over the course of the show. Heck, between the raid on the bank and the pysch evaluation there are a whole bunch. Would someone be willing to give me a hand if I found the right scene? I am clearly not Hank enough.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Danzou posted:

Even once he was a licensed arch villain, he wasn't assigned to Rusty and hence was still arching illegally through Season 1 and 2. Phantom Limb covered it up because he wanted to take the Monarch down himself.

The whole deal with the Season 3 opener was poorly conveyed

Well, the Monarch did end up with his girlfriend. Seems reasonable enough that Phantom Limb could have the Monarch on his shitlist and still be dumb enough to buy the Manotaur thing.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Are the international folks still worried about multiple packing slips with the full price? Because my second package had no slip at all. It may have been because that was only half of my week 2 shirts but maybe check around.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

epitasis posted:

Could be one of the ones that just fucks with your memory or time is irrelevant to this show. Whichever is funnier.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

2house2fly posted:

Well, the Monarch did end up with his girlfriend. Seems reasonable enough that Phantom Limb could have the Monarch on his shitlist and still be dumb enough to buy the Manotaur thing.

I could have sworn Manotaur wasn't even part of the Guild, but one of the other evil organizations, the Fraternity of Torment.

According to an in-show pie chart, the FoT and Guild are completely separate entities.

With that being said, it's possible that Limb truly didn't recognize who Manotaur really was as he wasn't Guild and only really knew him as a name from an unaffiliated organization. Manotaur wasn't someone he could exert his Guild authority or connections to instantly strike back at or do more than just burn the name 'Manotaur' into his memories.

Couple that with Dr. G's career of working with various folks in the supervillain world, making him eventually see Manotaur as the man who stole her and offended him then and Monarch just as the man she was currently Number Twoing for in the here and now.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 13, 2013

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
How many times has the old Team Venture gotten their asses kicked by the new one? I remember Brock going into one of his (now-missed) psychotic rages in that episode when the robotics scientist never got over State University, and then Orpheus with the turning-their-weapons into snakes and telling Action Man about the stroke (though for the life of me I can't remember what episode).

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Same episode.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

epitasis posted:

Well Action Man doesn't seem to have appeared in any episodes of Season 4 or Season 5 in "current time" instead of flashbacks and I think no matter how you put together a timeline for the show, we're now definitely past 2 years from when Orpheus predicted it. So it's certainly possible he had a stroke and died when Orpheus predicted.

Of course this will go out the window if Action Man ever shows up in current time again.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

JediTalentAgent posted:

I could have sworn Manotaur wasn't even part of the Guild, but one of the other evil organizations, the Fraternity of Torment.

According to an in-show pie chart, the FoT and Guild are completely separate entities.

With that being said, it's possible that Limb truly didn't recognize who Manotaur really was as he wasn't Guild and only really knew him as a name from an unaffiliated organization. Manotaur wasn't someone he could exert his Guild authority or connections to instantly strike back at or do more than just burn the name 'Manotaur' into his memories.

Couple that with Dr. G's career of working with various folks in the supervillain world, making him eventually see Manotaur as the man who stole her and offended him then and Monarch just as the man she was currently Number Twoing for in the here and now.

You're over-thinking this.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You're over-thinking this.

Exactly.

Everyone with theories about Manotaur and Phantom Limb are completely MISSING that it was the punchline of the episode. The Monarch passed the council's questioning based solely on the fact that Phantom Limb just HAD to know exactly what was going on and was pulling the strings behind everything. The bit at the end showed that Phantom Limb was clueless and that The Monarch just got lucky in convincing the council that Phantom Limb was to blame.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
To be fair, I don't think we can really say what's the truth after we saw what became of Phantom Limb in season 4 : he had gone completely crazy and delusional, the man who killed Manotaur wasn't the same man who tried to take over the Guild (the first time).

And I think the Action Man is set to make an appearance in present time this season, we've seen him in trailers.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

JediTalentAgent posted:

Ghost Robot, maybe?

I like to believe that he is a robot who has been programmed to believe that he is a ghost who inhabits the head of a robot.

epitasis posted:

What if he was going to have that stroke because of his poor diet and lack of self care, and that moment motivated him to get back to the gym and eat healthily, which put off the stroke for now?

... Do strokes work that way? Why does nobody tell me ANYTHING.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Seriously though, does anyone remember the latest episode where Action Man was actually around in the present day? Was it in season 3 or something? He's come up a lot in flashbacks recently, but I can't remember the last time they actually saw him.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I don't mind if they do kill him, but I hope we get at least a couple more lines/scenes from him, cuz Action Man is such a delightful psychopath.

*click* "Not today, Rusty."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Black Bones posted:

I don't mind if they do kill him, but I hope we get at least a couple more lines/scenes from him, cuz Action Man is such a delightful psychopath.

*click* "Not today, Rusty."

They are going to reveal that he was a professional wrestler in England for a time.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006

Dingis posted:

There might have been some issues on the first run, or I was unlucky. My Palaemon shirt had a couple burn holes in the sleeve. If it was more than a few shirts there might be delays from sending out replacements on top of sending out the next batch.

You may be right about issues with the Palaemon shirts. Mine had an armpit hole.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Orpheus's line doesn't specifically say that he will die in 2 years, it is just heavily implied. I've always read that line more as Orpheus stole 2 years from the Action Man's life to heal his wounds and the Action Man will someday die of a stroke.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Comrade Quack posted:

You may be right about issues with the Palaemon shirts. Mine had an armpit hole.

"No, it's a second sleeve, for our four-armed customers! Like in the show! Feel the authenticity!"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cloud Potato posted:

"No, it's a second sleeve, for our four-armed customers! Like in the show! Feel the authenticity!"

HankCo makes these shirts, right?

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
I hope tomorrow's episode answers why the Council of Thirteen exists, because they're so hilariously incompetent every time we've seen them, and only the Sovereign (who may or may not be David Bowie, gently caress you Doc and/or Jackson for calling this into question) actually seems to know what he's doing at any given moment, that it's amazing the O.S.I. or someone else hadn't managed to wipe the Guild out by the modern day (considering what happened to S.P.H.I.N.X.), where they're just engaged in a live-and-let-live agreement with each other (until Gathers apparently decides to rock the boat). Also, discovering what the Councilmen's powers are. Dragoon was super-strong, and Red Mantle could apparently use magic (though we never did see him pull that rabbit out of a hat)? Especially considering that they're probably The Big Bopper and Buddy Holly, respectively, following the theme of Klaus Nomi and Iggy Pop also being high-ranking members of the Guild?

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Protagorean posted:

I hope tomorrow's episode answers why the Council of Thirteen exists, because they're so hilariously incompetent every time we've seen them, and only the Sovereign (who may or may not be David Bowie, gently caress you Doc and/or Jackson for calling this into question) actually seems to know what he's doing at any given moment, that it's amazing the O.S.I. or someone else hadn't managed to wipe the Guild out by the modern day (considering what happened to S.P.H.I.N.X.), where they're just engaged in a live-and-let-live agreement with each other (until Gathers apparently decides to rock the boat). Also, discovering what the Councilmen's powers are. Dragoon was super-strong, and Red Mantle could apparently use magic (though we never did see him pull that rabbit out of a hat)? Especially considering that they're probably The Big Bopper and Buddy Holly, respectively, following the theme of Klaus Nomi and Iggy Pop also being high-ranking members of the Guild?

I think the Guild only appears incompetent because we usually see them fighting Brock Samson or through their third stringers like the Monarch. Probably the whole Guild together is a bigger headache.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've been rewatching alot of older Venture and I think my favorite thing about Doc is that nothing really phases him and his default response is to be a petty, sarcastic dick. Like in Powerless in the Face of Death, when Orpheus teleports in, covered in ectoplasm, his only response is to say "we have a door". Also in Love Beits, they're all being held in the pantry and the invite to the Baron and Deans wedding get slipped under the door. Brock grabs it and docs only response is "that was addressed to me?" He just doesn't miss the chance to be annoyed by things that don't matter and it's especially great because he doesn't really get annoyed by actually threatening things, just bored.

Also in "Victor. Echo. November.", it kind of says alot about how badass The Monarch is despite everything when Brock sneaks up behind him and puts a knife to his throat and he doesn't even flinch.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

axleblaze posted:

I've been rewatching alot of older Venture and I think my favorite thing about Doc is that nothing really phases him and his default response is to be a petty, sarcastic dick. Like in Powerless in the Face of Death, when Orpheus teleports in, covered in ectoplasm, his only response is to say "we have a door". Also in Love Beits, they're all being held in the pantry and the invite to the Baron and Deans wedding get slipped under the door. Brock grabs it and docs only response is "that was addressed to me?" He just doesn't miss the chance to be annoyed by things that don't matter and it's especially great because he doesn't really get annoyed by actually threatening things, just bored.

Which episode is it where something shocking happens, and there's a series of quick close-ups on a bunch of shocked characters, and in the middle of it is Doc who is completely bored/annoyed by what happened?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Leospeare posted:

Which episode is it where something shocking happens, and there's a series of quick close-ups on a bunch of shocked characters, and in the middle of it is Doc who is completely bored/annoyed by what happened?

That would be The Revenge Society

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

axleblaze posted:

That would be The Revenge Society

Awesome, thanks :)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hah, I ~just~ finished watching that ep.

"Hustle it up boy, they're ruining my lawn!"

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Also in "Victor. Echo. November.", it kind of says alot about how badass The Monarch is despite everything when Brock sneaks up behind him and puts a knife to his throat and he doesn't even flinch.

"Nice rear end Sampson"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Whatever it is, we didn't do it!