Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I thought it was FOX.

Derringer posted:

Friend weighs in on racism. Red is me.

She posted this as a separate rant but deleted before I could screenshot.

This is just fantastic.

Bossin' cat-vatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

made of bees
May 21, 2013
More from my lovely aunt:

I really do wonder why the Nobama 2012 pages are still updating. Is it really that hard to change a page's name, or just find somewhere else to spew hate?

made of bees has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Jul 14, 2013

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"Who cares about the Zimmerman trial? Let's talk about conspiracy theories instead." :tinfoil:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

VogeGandire posted:

I just had to comment. It's me I touched the poop.

I'm guessing by the reference to Sky TV that this person isn't in the US? Because the idea of someone here just now discovering BET blows my mind.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Quite a few people from the same circle of friends that I know are starting to post or end posts with "#TeamZimmerman"

Oi... oi.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

A friend of mine shared this picture on a public page just now. I would censor it, but she posted it publicly so gently caress it.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
Girl I know is getting married, and is absolutely obsessed with letting everyone know. Mostly through mundane boring pictures like this. Hopefully her comment is a mistake, and isn't planning on having some sort of culty incesty family.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Wizard of Smart posted:

A friend of mine shared this picture on a public page just now. I would censor it, but she posted it publicly so gently caress it.

How bad were the comments on this?

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Girl I know is getting married, and is absolutely obsessed with letting everyone know. Mostly through mundane boring pictures like this. Hopefully her comment is a mistake, and isn't planning on having some sort of culty incesty family.

People do this poo poo all the time on FB, its like they want the world to think of them as the most whimsical couple. Needs that meme of the guy looking at his dog and it says 'oh you'

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I..don't know whether to be annoyed at the racism or just feel bad. :smith:

:stare: The name of the page is pretty amusing too.

uptown
May 16, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

I..don't know whether to be annoyed at the racism or just feel bad. :smith:

Well if it actually happened and isn't just STDH for the guy to be "acceptably" racist by proxy, old guy could have PTSD. But eh, probably didn't happen.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

uptown posted:

Well if it actually happened and isn't just STDH for the guy to be "acceptably" racist by proxy, old guy could have PTSD. But eh, probably didn't happen.

But SEMPER FI! (I have no idea what this means in that context)

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I guess it's only natural that the George Zimmerman verdict would bring out the worst on my News Feed.

Trash Boat has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Jul 15, 2013

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Blue took a screenshot of a facebook status, posted it, then red shared it. :crossarms:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oh boy, someone discovered Facebook's new feature.

Note the times.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Picnic Princess posted:

Note the times.

And so Facebook continues its gradual transformation into an unholy conglomeration of Twitter and LiveJournal.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

Note the times.

They live the dullest life...

I want to imagine Red's comment is a joke, but I just don't think it is.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
An insightful macro with a topical, yet unrelated comment.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm really glad between two elections where a black guy won, and assorted other news events, I've successfully pruned my friend list of crazy racists.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm really glad between two elections where a black guy won, and assorted other news events, I've successfully pruned my friend list of crazy racists.

But what about this thread? Did you think about us before selfishly removing potential entertainment?

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

An insightful macro with a topical, yet unrelated comment.

Isn't that a Soviet soldier?

That's 100% not an American soldier...

E: From my limited google research, it actually seems to look like a Soviet WW1 photo. God bless the Motherland :CCCP:

Account McAccount has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Jul 15, 2013

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"jk lol #shesdead" :v:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Electric Phantasm posted:

"Who cares about the Zimmerman trial? Let's talk about conspiracy theories instead." :tinfoil:

Cory Ander. :allears:

It's nearly always either drones, GM, or some national safe outrage (in the UK's case, MPs' expenses). That's often my cue to switch off when they claim those are the "real biggest problems".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Account McAccount posted:

Isn't that a Soviet soldier?

That's 100% not an American soldier...

E: From my limited google research, it actually seems to look like a Soviet WW1 photo. God bless the Motherland :CCCP:

Yup, that's 100% a Mosin Nagant rifle. So yeah, most likely Soviet.

:ussr:

hyperhazard posted:

I'm guessing by the reference to Sky TV that this person isn't in the US? Because the idea of someone here just now discovering BET blows my mind.

Yeah, British. It's understandable that he's just finding it, BET here is buried deep in the satellite TV listings.

Mechahamster
Oct 9, 2007
Tiny paws of doom

made of bees posted:

More from my lovely aunt:

I really do wonder why the Nobama 2012 pages are still updating. Is it really that hard to change a page's name, or just find somewhere else to spew hate?

I will never get over how these people define 'freedom' as 'the obligation to be exactly like me or be considered subhuman scum'. How can these people consider themselves true patriots yet be so far detached from the founding principles of said nation :psyduck:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Mechahamster posted:

I will never get over how these people define 'freedom' as 'the obligation to be exactly like me or be considered subhuman scum'. How can these people consider themselves true patriots yet be so far detached from the founding principles of said nation :psyduck:

Something tells me they don't give the founding principles of the nation too much though. Or if they do, they believe the country was founded on the same ideas they hold since it was back in the "good old days" when you could own slaves, guns, and if you weren't a landowning white male you were poo poo out of luck.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Kimmalah posted:

Or if they do, they believe the country was founded on the same ideas they hold since it was back in the "good old days" when you could own slaves, guns, and if you weren't a landowning white male you were poo poo out of luck unless you boostrapped yourself which you could totally do because the government wasn't trying to stop you..

Added a key element of their reasoning.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Sorry for the weird fake names, apparently Social Fixer does that now.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

FrozenVent posted:

Added a key element of their reasoning.

True, I'm sure if they think about it at all they always assume they aren't going to be one of the poor/ordinary majority.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm dying here.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Idiots on Facebook: As kiddie gang bangs go, it's one of the better-written ones.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
The news sites have been reporting on this again so it looks like the page is getting a bunch of traffic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Palpek posted:

I'm dying here.

Shariff don't like it
Rock the Kaaba
Rock the Kaaba

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, British. It's understandable that he's just finding it, BET here is buried deep in the satellite TV listings.

It's been a long time since I had sky, but I imagine that it's buried deep in the 'special interest' group, along with that 'African 24hour news' channel that's broadcast for like 4 hours a day, and some Moscow based TV channel that isn't RT.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Ironsoviet posted:

The news sites have been reporting on this again so it looks like the page is getting a bunch of traffic.

Well, there's my first reported FB page ever. :barf:

Really, why do people ever think it's a good idea to put something like this out in pub-- On second thought, I probably don't want to know the thought process that goes on here, do I?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Ironsoviet posted:

It took me a really long time to understand this until I actually read the hashtag properly. I just gloss over any twit who uses them outside of Twitter.

Now I'm just disgusted. That's hosed up on so so many levels.

Edited because content:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Regalingualius posted:

Well, there's my first reported FB page ever. :barf:

Really, why do people ever think it's a good idea to put something like this out in pub-- On second thought, I probably don't want to know the thought process that goes on here, do I?

Because they're idiots. That's really all it boils down to. They're also too stupid to undestand that "freedom of speech" doesn't apply on a privately owned website they've agreed to the terms and conditions of because said website isn't the government.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Regalingualius posted:

I have a friend who consistently posted about how much she hated her job until her boss - who wasn't on her Facebook, come on I'm not that dumb :eyeroll: - told her to just leave. She's in an industry so small, she could go by her first name.

I'll go ahead and say that there's little thinking that goes behind it, or people just don't realize what "public" means.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

It took me a really long time to understand this until I actually read the hashtag properly. I just gloss over any twit who uses them outside of Twitter.

Now I'm just disgusted. That's hosed up on so so many levels.

:smuggo: Heh, looks like you just can't handle how edgy they are. If you want political correctness you should look elsewhere, dude, because they don't care what your PC-obsessed nanny state thinks of them. :smug:

*gag*

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

This is an amazing palate cleanser, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanite
Apr 27, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Edited because content:

I know red is colossally stupid, but I kind of feel like blue should know better than to engage someone who refuses to use/acknowledge Google.

• Locked thread