Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Time for another Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School.

Still the best Manhwa.

Purrr-owl...Purrr-ceive...Purrr-use...Purrr-sue...Katman-Do - Cat Slam :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Batterypowered7 posted:

Chapter 121 of The Breaker: New Waves

Hahahahaha, Shioon being a pedantic fucker in the middle of a fight is a wonderful throwback to his character at the very start of the first manhwa series when he minced words with Nine Arts Dragon to try and get him to train him. Seeing him do the same thing and then try to destroy his opponents' foot is all sorts of wonderful.

I'm a big fan of the line-crosssketching that occurs when someone emanates lethal intent in this series, though I think arguably my favorite single image of intimidation is this one from the Coolguy fight:

:supaburn:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
A human being should not look this much like a super robot.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The pacing in The Breaker: NW is still awful. Its just instead of all the bullshit its now something we want to see. Its just taking like 5 chapters instead of maybe 2

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Flython posted:

Time for another Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School.

Still the best Manhwa.

Purrr-owl...Purrr-ceive...Purrr-use...Purrr-sue...Katman-Do - Cat Slam :black101:

Ah yes, the long lost art of Katman-Do

For real though this poo poo is crazy and it ends with a promise of it getting better next chapter??? :allears:

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

The Breaker New Waves: Chapter 122 I don't know whose translation is this, but it seems... not great in some cases. Probably like my english :v:
Anyway Elder Kwon, you magnificent bastard :black101:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
C'mon, badass old man fight. I love those in pretty much any medium.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Every week, The Breaker: New Waves just leaves me wanting more.

Shioon is going to break out of the Thousand Needle Restriction and win the duel because he was able to hold out until the Sunwoo clan arrived.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
How to safely disembark from a helicopter hovering in the air:

Calmly bend your knees on impact. Calmly.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Batterypowered7 posted:

Every week, The Breaker: New Waves just leaves me wanting more.

Shioon is going to break out of the Thousand Needle Restriction and win the duel because he was able to hold out until the Sunwoo clan arrived.

Yeah. It gets better every week. I love the old dudes negotiation demands

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Breaky posted:

Yeah. It gets better every week. I love the old dudes negotiation demands

Old man watched some Fifth Element in his free time.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Well, he IS being calm. I imagine his non-calm landing would have been as a Sunwoo rocket.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

Well, he IS being calm. I imagine his non-calm landing would have been as a Sunwoo rocket.

But instead of a car it's just one of the grunts faces. :black101:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Breaker: New Waves out.

Verdict: :stare:

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 5, 2013

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Vedict: :stare:

Here is the version on mangahere http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_breaker_new_waves/c123/ (Now with all pages it seems)
And here is the Ateam's version for download http://www.ipitydafoo.com/finally-2/

And yeah it's amazing.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fabricated posted:

:allears: This arc is just the best.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Old people are the best :swoon:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
"The negotiations failed... just as I'd hoped"
:allears:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Someone's clearly not a cool man in God of High School 115

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

:magical:

How did I ever doubt this series. I'm so sorry.

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010

Mo_Steel posted:

:magical:

How did I ever doubt this series. I'm so sorry.

There were so so many reasons to doubt it so don't blame yourself.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Kubera v2ch48 (Rift 8) Well... gently caress

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Soooo excited to see what happens next with both plots (and hopefully they merge...). This chapter actually made me go back and re-read a ton too haha.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
http://www.mangareader.net/special-martial-arts-extreme-hell-private-high-school/24

Between The Breaker and this, I'm pretty happy right now.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Right there with you.

Is he breeding... :blush:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Flython posted:

Right there with you.

Is he breeding... :blush:

End of the day Nero is still a catte.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

The Breaker: New Waves 124 Fun happy times continue :black101:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

This is one universe where you do not gently caress with old people.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School 25 So much goodness in one day! Is this the power of Steam sales? :v:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Cynic Jester posted:

This is one universe where you do not gently caress with old people.

Makes sense: How hardcore a dude do you have to be in their line of work to LIVE to be an old man?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Looks like Noblesse is finally done with its hiatus!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I cannot believe that nobody has realized that Space China Dress has a couple of new chapters.

As hilarious as ever! I love the humor style, which feels distinctly "Korean" (and honestly is a lot funnier than most Japanese comedy manga I've read).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gearhead posted:

Makes sense: How hardcore a dude do you have to be in their line of work to LIVE to be an old man?

It is probably pretty easy unless you live like Shioon, constantly tap dancing in a meat grinder.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Bernardo Orel posted:

Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School 25 So much goodness in one day! Is this the power of Steam sales? :v:

Hopefully you guys will get somewhat caught up during the current hiatus; Season 1 is finished at 69 chapters, and the author's been on hiatus since April and set to return in October.

Btw, the craziness never stops and I really can't wait until this series returns in October.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

pnumoman posted:

Hopefully you guys will get somewhat caught up during the current hiatus; Season 1 is finished at 69 chapters, and the author's been on hiatus since April and set to return in October.

Btw, the craziness never stops and I really can't wait until this series returns in October.

Thanks for the update.

What I would do to be able to read those raws. :argh:

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

pnumoman posted:

Doubtful - people have been saying this for a while, but translators just don't pick this up to translate regularly. EG picked it up December 2011 and is up to 23 chapters. Someone mentioned before that it's very hard to translate, and I can believe it just due to the rate that we've been getting it.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Sarcophallus posted:

Doubtful - people have been saying this for a while, but translators just don't pick this up to translate regularly. EG picked it up December 2011 and is up to 23 chapters. Someone mentioned before that it's very hard to translate, and I can believe it just due to the rate that we've been getting it.

Heh, that was me. At this point, I'm tempted to just bang out some scripts and send them over, but that would require me to actually do it.

If they would just give a literal translation of the pun-based special moves and explain the pun concisely on the side, I suspect the translation speed would increase dramatically. Then again, I have no clue how long it takes to clean and do that Photoshop magic on the panels, so...

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I've been reading through The Breaker again, and I must say that it flows really well if you just binge it. The latest chapters are actually the ones that seem to be ruining the flow of the work, due to how many chapters have been done of Shi Woon on this island doing the same thing over and over again.

Not that :black101: is bad

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Breaker New Waves 126 Helicopter diving, the favourite pastime of people in Korea :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Bernardo Orel posted:

Breaker New Waves 126 Helicopter diving, the favourite pastime of people in Korea :v:

Shioon has been a super bad rear end lately. It was fairly predictable but the duel between the Elder and the Doctor is going to end when Shioon regains his consciousness and astounds everyone (like he always does). Still going to be bad rear end though.