Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Someone already took it. Sorry guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

dylan14 posted:

Someone already took it. Sorry guys.

No problem, now I actually have to play Fire Emblem I guess. There are worse fates.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

uPen posted:

Am I the only one saving the credit for pokemon or zelda? Not really interested in buying another huge game right after getting SMT4.

Definitely considering it... Rune Factory 4 is coming in August too, and Sonic Lost World and Etrian Odyssey Untold later. There are a lot of 3DS games coming out, so I'm just going to keep ruminating on what to spend my precious $30 on until I go crazy.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I'm probably going to spend mine on DLC. $30 will buy a good amount of Fire Emblem poo poo. I always buy physical anyway so I don't have any large digital purchases lined up.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I remember liking Donkey Kong 94' on Game Boy a lot when I was a kid, even though I sucked hard at it, does it still hold well?

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 16, 2013

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Kurtofan posted:

I remember liking Donkey Kong 94' on Game Boy a lot when I was a kid, even though I sucked hard at it, does it still holds well?

Still one of the best puzzle platformers in existence.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Soul Glo posted:

I got one of the Fire Emblem 3DSes (the regular sized one in the US) a couple months back and registered it. If I buy SMT4 and register it, will I get the $30 credit? Has anybody done this when your FE:A was a pre-installed game?

Checked Club Nintendo, and apparently this should work. :toot:.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Edoraz posted:

Still one of the best puzzle platformers in existence.

Thanks.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

This is my third year getting platinum status for Nintendo Rewards, and the biggest prize just keeps getting more and more crappy. And I say that having gotten a deck of playing cards last year. :effort:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
If you don't like the prizes I would like them :allears:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

bpc908 posted:

If you don't like the prizes I would like them :allears:

My first year was a pin set but was also a pretty dope bit of 8-bit Mario art. Last year was playing cards. This year seems to be 3 Zelda posters or the Majora's Mask OST. :psyduck:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Yeah, I've never done the nintendo club thing but these prizes are kinda meh. I guess I'll get a gameboy color game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm trying to decide if SMTIV is something I'd enjoy, having never played anything else in the series. I'm kinda interested because I'd like to familiarize myself with it for when the Fire Emblem/SMT crossover comes out. Anything else to compare it to so I can figure out if I'd like it or not? I'm reading the OP of the SMT thread but I'm still on the fence.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Soul Glo posted:

My first year was a pin set but was also a pretty dope bit of 8-bit Mario art. Last year was playing cards. This year seems to be 3 Zelda posters or the Majora's Mask OST. :psyduck:

Only one of the posters is Zelda. The others are Pikmin 3 and a Year of Luigi poster which is just a huge pixel Luigi from Mario 1.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

uPen posted:

Am I the only one saving the credit for pokemon or zelda? Not really interested in buying another huge game right after getting SMT4.

I'm saving my credit Pikmin 3 on the Wii U. It's nice it's also redeemable on that.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm trying to decide if SMTIV is something I'd enjoy, having never played anything else in the series. I'm kinda interested because I'd like to familiarize myself with it for when the Fire Emblem/SMT crossover comes out. Anything else to compare it to so I can figure out if I'd like it or not? I'm reading the OP of the SMT thread but I'm still on the fence.

Have you played the Etrian Odyssey games? It's about that level of difficulty, so if that seems appealing to you, I'd say go for it.

If you haven't played EO though, I guess really it comes down to if a jrpg where every fight can easily end with a game over if you don't play smart seems like a fun time for you or not.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Have you played the Etrian Odyssey games? It's about that level of difficulty, so if that seems appealing to you, I'd say go for it.

I tried the demo of Etrian Odyssey 4 and it was about as far from the kind of game I like as it's possible to get. I didn't like the non-entity characters and story, and thought the battle system was uninteresting and tedious. I did kinda like the way dungeon exploration worked but that was it. Didn't really get much of a feel for the difficulty.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I tried the demo of Etrian Odyssey 4 and it was about as far from the kind of game I like as it's possible to get. I didn't like the non-entity characters and story, and thought the battle system was uninteresting and tedious. I did kinda like the way dungeon exploration worked but that was it. Didn't really get much of a feel for the difficulty.

Your team in the SMT series are in all honesty, faceless demons and your MC pretty much a blank slate. Unlike EO though there is more of a story presence, although it isn't as hands on and wordy as most jrpgs. The combat system is extremely good and rewards you for playing smart and punishes you for being lazy which keeps things consistantly interesting throughout the game. (honestly I regret the EO comparison now since I really only meant it difficulty wise...)

It's just hard to find comparisons since the SMT series is pretty unique in that regard :v:

Your best bet honestly though is to watch some vids on youtube, here's the first hour if you want to flip through it and see if it's something you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs7SV4K5bEc

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 16, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Your team in the SMT series are in all honesty, faceless demons and your MC pretty much a blank slate. Unlike EO though there is more of a story presence, although it isn't as hands on and wordy as most jrpgs. The combat system is extremely good and rewards you for playing smart and punishes you for being lazy which keeps things consistantly interesting throughout the game. (honestly I regret the EO comparison now since I really only meant it difficulty wise...)

In SMT4 you spend a good chunk of the game with a party, they just don't contribute much in combat.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

(honestly I regret the EO comparison now since I really only meant it difficulty wise...)

That's fair enough and I won't let it persuade me against it. I really wish they had a demo up on the eShop, but I think at this point, with the $30 credit and everything it's probably worth the risk.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Looks like I missed one or two codes due to having to sleep... if anyone doesn't want their SMT4 code please PM me or email me at my username at hotmail...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

In SMT4 you spend a good chunk of the game with a party, they just don't contribute much in combat.

Ah, yeah I really just got around to them being there and wasn't sure if it was something more than a one time thing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Regy Rusty posted:

They're releasing a remake of the first EO game in October that'll feature a much bigger emphasis on story, distinct characters with dialogue/VA, etc so you might wanna check that out when it comes along.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Buy it physically so you can resell if you don't like it. The eshop credit means they're basically paying you to try it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh wow apparently I qualified as Gold elite status or whatever and was able to redeem Sakura Samurai on the eshop. Its awesome because I didn't really know (or care) if I qualified for platinum or whatever so this was a neat surprise. Also I wanted to get Sakura Samurai anyway.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

uPen posted:

I'm considering saving it for Ace Attorney 5 if it doesn't get a Physical release.

...Not that I'll be able to play it until I finish 1 and play the other three.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Awesome! posted:

Buy it physically so you can resell if you don't like it. The eshop credit means they're basically paying you to try it.

I can't, I live in Australia, that's why I had to go to sleep :cripes:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I can't, I live in Australia, that's why I had to go to sleep :cripes:

Sorry that was directed at Regy Rusty, not you.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Anyone here own DOA Dimensions? I found it on sale online today and it reviewed well so I ordered it, but I was wondering if anyone here has spent some time with it and if they'd recommend it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

About how long does the discount take to show up in your To Do list on Club Nintendo?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Soul Glo posted:

About how long does the discount take to show up in your To Do list on Club Nintendo?

It was immediate for me. I finished the registration for SMT4 and I instantly got a pop-up from them going "hey you're rad you've got the discount in your to-do list" then in the 15 minutes it took me to load the To-Do List I found it there.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Policenaut posted:

It was immediate for me. I finished the registration for SMT4 and I instantly got a pop-up from them going "hey you're rad you've got the discount in your to-do list" then in the 15 minutes it took me to load the To-Do List I found it there.

Errr. I got a "Hey, check out Fire Emblem!" notice. Guess I'm emailing support.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I'd also be interested in opinions on DOA, I've generally enjoyed the series on consoles, but handheld fighters always worry me.

Also, I was pretty sure DKCR was only $30 on the eShop for a while, but it's at $35. Amazon still has new physical copies for $29. So, I guess Nintendo managed to weasel an extra $5 out of me. Combined with my underwhelming impression of the prizes, I guess I'll just be buying used from here on. :( I'm pretty bummed, Nintendo was the last company I felt good about buying direct and new from.

surc fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 17, 2013

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Cleaned out my locker at work so it's time for more code giveaways! PM me quick they may go fast maybe I donno!

I've got codes from:

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Code of Princess
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

I know I promised someone my SMT IV code but I learned about the 30$ deal and I already have Fire Emblem so I'm registering it and IV. Sorry, dude!

Edit: These codes are almost all gone already! I've got two left, Zero Escape and Paper Mario.

Edit 2: And they're gone!

Squallege fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 17, 2013

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So I bought a regular 3ds. I was thinking of trading it in while GameStop is giving 50% extra for trade ins. I also have a vita with soul sacrifice, and mortal kombat, I don't see any games out for them that I want and was wondering if you Goons think its a good idea.

Edit I'm dumb, I meant I wanted to trade it in for a 3ds XL

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 17, 2013

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

.TakaM posted:

Anyone here own DOA Dimensions? I found it on sale online today and it reviewed well so I ordered it, but I was wondering if anyone here has spent some time with it and if they'd recommend it.

surc posted:

I'd also be interested in opinions on DOA, I've generally enjoyed the series on consoles, but handheld fighters always worry me.

If you've played DOA2, it plays kind of like that, but with all the weird terrain stuff from the later games. It's pretty good, though I haven't had a chance to play against anybody else with it. If you play with the 3D on, the frame rate drops, which is the biggest knock I have about the game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

elmer fud posted:

So I bought a regular 3ds. I was thinking of trading it in while GameStop is giving 50% extra for trade ins. I also have a vita with soul sacrifice, and mortal kombat, I don't see any games out for them that I want and was wondering if you Goons think its a good idea.

No. They give $100 for Vitas and, like, $30 for 3DSes.

If you HAVE to sell them, do it yourself or through a real seller for better prices. Maybe even SA Mart.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Soul Glo posted:

Errr. I got a "Hey, check out Fire Emblem!" notice. Guess I'm emailing support.

Did you register FE for Npoints? It triggers of that. You can click 'accounts and points and there's a tab in there to see what you reged when. Maybe you never out in FE?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

Did you register FE for Npoints? It triggers of that. You can click 'accounts and points and there's a tab in there to see what you reged when. Maybe you never out in FE?

I never got an option. I registered the 3DS it came pre-installed on. FE didn't come with paperwork itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

NinjaDebugger posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one is quality, as long as you're packing a backpack or such. It's not pocket sized by any means. I haven't found any that are small, fit an XL, and also hold a few games usefully, which is sad.

Unfortunately I don't carry a backpack with me, and I'd need something that can fit into my pockets.

• Locked thread