Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Wasn't Ghost Robot part of Captain Sunshine's superhero group? I found it weird that Brock referred to him as a civilian.

The technical term for what the Captain Sunshine crew is is "Benevolent Unknown Vigilante".

Not technically an explicit part of any organization per say, unlike Weatherbot 5, who everyone can agree has a place in our hearts and in the Action NEWS Program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
So I remember seeing a bunch of scenes with Hank from the finale in the various trailers, but nothing with Dean. Anyone got a link to one of those perhaps?

M_E_G. ADI. K
Dec 11, 2006

Captain Sunshine is the very image of professional.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Out of all the extras in the club, Blinged-Out FDR is driving me nuts trying to figure out what his name is going to end up being. Like, I know there's an absolutely perfect pun in there somewhere, but I can't quite pin it down.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

X_Toad posted:

So I remember seeing a bunch of scenes with Hank from the finale in the various trailers, but nothing with Dean. Anyone got a link to one of those perhaps?

I was assuming they were going to do a "what's up with Dean?" episode because there's been so much Hank and there's the whole thing where Vatred thought he was cutting, etc. but I guess that's not the case.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second

twistedmentat posted:

Oh god only on the 3rd watch that I realized that Don Hell is supposed to be Don Heck, one of the classic Marvel artists. I caught it was a BoS bunker right off the bat

I actually assumed it was a reference to Don Hill's, which was one of the coolest clubs in New York in the 90s and 00s.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Nameless Pete posted:

Out of all the extras in the club, Blinged-Out FDR is driving me nuts trying to figure out what his name is going to end up being. Like, I know there's an absolutely perfect pun in there somewhere, but I can't quite pin it down.

I thought it was Elton John in a wheel chair..

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Go back. He had the accent and the trademark cigarette holder. Plus, y'know. Wheelchair.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Dragoon and Red Mantle were absolutely amazing this episode. Not sure what cracked me up more, the "Too Soon" "He was always wrong" or "yes yes they could get wacky". Its something about the voices I think. The computer guy was also absolutely spot in, even including not liking people using his stuff.

Edit: I really hope the only reason the Monarch hates Rusty is due to him stealing that toy as a kid. He's completely forgotten it but the hate remains.

Jose fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 17, 2013

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Scott Bakula posted:

Edit: I really hope the only reason the Monarch hates Rusty is due to him stealing that toy as a kid. He's completely forgotten it but the hate remains.
Personally I hope he realizes that he was wrong and misguided all this time, and they should really both hate Jonas instead. They can be friends for the episode. Then Venture callously offends the Monarch at the end, whose fury is now legitimate.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Scott Bakula posted:

Dragoon and Red Mantle were absolutely amazing this episode. Not sure what cracked me up more, the "Too Soon" "He was always wrong" or "yes yes they could get wacky". Its something about the voices I think.

At this point the show is like 75% just Doc and Jackson arguing with each other in funny voices, and it works because the voices really are that good. Doc Hammer has said his basis for Red Mantle is "Drunk Obi-Wan Kenobi," which is just wonderful (And, when you're listening for it, spot on!)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I love Dragoon's voice because it's an almost perfect impression of Baron Silas Greenback

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nameless Pete posted:

I'm kinda hoping it's legitimately FDR, who faked his death during World War II and gave up the Presidency to live a life of wild hedonism.

Or maybe.... he's Secret President :tinfoil:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Or maybe.... he's Secret President :tinfoil:

Don't tell Washington! DON'T TELL SECRET PRESIDENT!

I miss General Treister :(

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
So, who do you think is the GCI mole who took away the picture of the Dragoon/Red Mantle hybrid we saw in episode 5? That could have been useful for the O.S.I. for their infiltration.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Winklebottom posted:

WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is fruit punch! And it is delicious!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

qirex posted:

WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is fruit punch! And it is delicious!

We can only look forward to his glorious return 10 years and 2 seasons from now.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

We can only look forward to his glorious return 10 years and 2 seasons from now.

One day all the incessant foreshadowing about Gargantua One is actually going to culminate in an awesome feature length space-based episode which deals with Tresiter and maybe the aliens who bailed everyone out in the IGNORE ME episode or it's going to crash into Rusty's backyard at the end of an episode and never be mentioned again.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A Steampunk Gent posted:

One day all the incessant foreshadowing about Gargantua One is actually going to culminate in an awesome feature length space-based episode which deals with Tresiter and maybe the aliens who bailed everyone out in the IGNORE ME episode or it's going to crash into Rusty's backyard at the end of an episode and never be mentioned again.

[St. Cloud]Excuse me, I think you mean Gargantua Two, One crashed out in the desert at the start of "Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner"[/St. Cloud]

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
St. Cloud was that guy from the tag sale episode, right? From season 1 I mean.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

notZaar posted:

"It's Buffy's own Sarah Michelle Gel-LAR!"

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably my favorite part is how Baron Underbite aims for St Clouds rear end and then does a simple kick. All started because of Monarch.

Such a great episode.

COME on he's into DEPECHE MODE

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Depeche Mode guy that the Monarch's referring to is Pete White, right?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

lelandjs posted:

The Depeche Mode guy that the Monarch's referring to is Pete White, right?

No he was with a woman, which is incredible since he is in Depeche Mode.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh yeah, forgot that part. I wonder if the plan was to have the guy from Depeche Mode be a Sovereign lackey before they abandoned that joke?

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Just realized that for seasons 2-4 they had incredibly epic sounding titles. "What Color is Your Cleansuit?" was an excellent episode but the titles pales a bit in comparison to "Powerless in the Face of Death," "Shadowman 9 in the Cradle of Destiny," and "Blood of the Father, Heart of Steel."

I also absolutely love all the absurd villains the creators come up with. This was an amazing episode.

edit: I just realized we're probably going to be seeing Dermott coping with the (actual? believed?) death of a man he just discovered was his father. Should lead to some good character development.

door Door door fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 18, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Oh yeah, forgot that part. I wonder if the plan was to have the guy from Depeche Mode be a Sovereign lackey before they abandoned that joke?

He might since Bowie's henchmen were musicians.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The supervillain names/designs make me wonder if they had Ben Edlund in to work on the show again.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Rewatching season 2. Victor Echo November is pretty awesome.

Also love how they beat around the Billy/Limb origin story.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Winklebottom posted:

Don't tell Washington! DON'T TELL SECRET PRESIDENT!

I wonder if we'll ever learn more about the Second American Revolution.

The invisible one! :ssh:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

I wonder if we'll ever learn more about the Second American Revolution.

The invisible one! :ssh:

What do you think was going on when Colonel Venture was deciding if he'd use the Orb?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Also love how they beat around the Billy/Limb origin story.

Still kinda wish they had left Billy's arm unexplained forever, because "That's an excellent question; I have no idea." was among the show's greatest punchlines. The episode that gave us all the backstory was wonderful, but...something about the concept of a brilliant, discredited hydrocephalitic living with a mechanical limb and not giving a poo poo about where it came from. That's comedy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

It was only the guy went to for Yaz that was gay I think. But yea, Dave Gahan is totally a Guild villain. I'd like to Imagine, Bernard Sumner, Morrissey, Souxsie Sue and Robert Smith are all members too. They were part of their 80s recruitment drive. OSI totally took out Ian Curtis!

I also thought they were talking about Pete and Billy, but i was confused how they thought Billy was a woman.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

It was only the guy went to for Yaz that was gay I think. But yea, Dave Gahan is totally a Guild villain. I'd like to Imagine, Bernard Sumner, Morrissey, Souxsie Sue and Robert Smith are all members too. They were part of their 80s recruitment drive. OSI totally took out Ian Curtis!

I also thought they were talking about Pete and Billy, but i was confused how they thought Billy was a woman.

He's totally straight. I saw a story about him on the VH1

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

notZaar posted:

His character model was used as a background character for a while. You can find him in various other crowd scene episodes if you look hard enough.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
One of my favorite parts is when Dr. O is helping out Rusty sell the stuff, and he admits he's jealous of Rusty having a villan which leads to Rusty saying if you want one so badly take one of mine.

And what does Dr. O do?

And Monarch just calls him a dick.

edit: To add it's pretty fun hearing the commentary, the creators pointed out nearly all BG characters have been repeated in most crowded scenes. Hell there was even a dupe.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

door Door door posted:

Just realized that for seasons 2-4 they had incredibly epic sounding titles. "What Color is Your Cleansuit?" was an excellent episode but the titles pales a bit in comparison to "Powerless in the Face of Death," "Shadowman 9 in the Cradle of Destiny," and "Blood of the Father, Heart of Steel."
How can you list those and not Escape to the House of Mummies Part II?

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

X_Toad posted:

So, who do you think is the GCI mole who took away the picture of the Dragoon/Red Mantle hybrid we saw in episode 5? That could have been useful for the O.S.I. for their infiltration.
Hahah, nice catch. The pictures Monstroso provided do indeed show the two-headed sillhouette. I think Phage is there, too, anachronistically.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How can you list those and not Escape to the House of Mummies Part II?

Whoops, I meant the season premiere episode titles. But yes, that is also a great one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Danzou posted:

Hahah, nice catch. The pictures Monstroso provided do indeed show the two-headed sillhouette. I think Phage is there, too, anachronistically.

Additionally inside the crypt the OSI team has headshots of Dragoon and Mantle before they were joined pinned to the wall.