Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Yeah bit of a shame.

I gotta sub before the brackets start. Twitch chat is actually pretty good for OGN as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Rekkles with 400 cs 36 minutes into a game they aren't exactly winning. That's kinda ok. Nice to see an Ezreal building for raw dmg (IE, PD, LW) rather than poke and kite. Also shouldn't his name be pronounced like freckles (minus the f) instead of like reckless ?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

Rekkles with 400 cs 36 minutes into a game they aren't exactly winning. That's kinda ok. Nice to see an Ezreal building for raw dmg (IE, PD, LW) rather than poke and kite. Also shouldn't his name be pronounced like freckles (minus the f) instead of like reckless ?

I feel like CW could have done better with Varus or even Ashe. A pure AD Ezreal only really brings his mobility and escape so if you're not gonna use him to poke why not take something else?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Savage Cracker posted:

I think they interviewed him one time and he said his name should be said "Reckless" not "FReckles" and he either spelled it that way because of some translation or because the actual name Reckless was taken. I agree it's kind of dumb. If he wanted to he could just name change to FNC Reckless, it's not like someone was going to take that name at the time he joined Fnatic.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
No twisted fate ban or pick. Korea is laughing at us right now. Galio should be cool though

edit: ^^^ Ok he's just a kid of course, maybe he chose esports instead of learning to spell :v:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The only thing Darien seems to be doing in this game is getting caught out.

Edit: Alex too, Gambit are doing so bad in this game.

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 20, 2013

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Well that was a good reminder of why Galio never gets picked in competitive games, just way too many ways to knock him out of his ult.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

They keep talking about how Alex Ich used to do so well on Galio without mentioning that Lissandra, with a hard CC stun, an AoE root, and a built-in flash, is pretty much Galio 2.0.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think Galio would have done well had Fnatic not done that brilliant adaptation and switched Kennen to AD Carry Kennen after the picks were locked in. Gambit assumed that Fnatic was locked into a 3 AP comp with Elise, Kennen and Lissandra and instead Fnatic just ran Tank Elise, AP Lissandra, and AD Kennen.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
That was a thing that happened I guess. Did NIP bother to try?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wow, SK had a perfect game against Ninjas in Pajamas.

Well, except that one turret I guess.

CandyPanda going full Doublelift. His Vayne may be drawing bans now.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Lemondogs teamfighting right now is utterly fantastic. They always wind up with 5 low health bars from damage soaking effectively!

CoffeeBreak80
May 3, 2009

Mithy interacting with the Spanish crowd :3:

The Isle Of Sparky Munroe
Dec 6, 2005
What is up with the caster's jackets on OGN Hot6? They are not kind on the eyes...

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Sphinx posted:

What is up with the caster's jackets on OGN Hot6? They are not kind on the eyes...

OGN seems to love putting their casters in ridiculous suits.

Also, wow, a Rammus jungle and Faker on Ahri! This should be an interesting one!

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

OGN seems to love putting their casters in ridiculous suits.

Also, wow, a Rammus jungle and Faker on Ahri! This should be an interesting one!

Ahri CS 262 @ 23 min. Karthus not far behind at 255. gently caress me I'm lucky to have 160 by that point. They don't seem to be taking much from other lanes either..

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Ninkobei posted:

Ahri CS 262 @ 23 min. Karthus not far behind at 255. gently caress me I'm lucky to have 160 by that point. They don't seem to be taking much from other lanes either..

Faker had 492 gold per minute and 340cs at 29 mins, holy crap! (for reference, leaguepedia shows the top gpm for LCS as 400)

Edit: Game 2 - Faker on Syndra! This should be good!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 24, 2013

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
Faker just straight up owned in those games, really impressive stuff.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

semicolonsrock posted:

Faker just straight up owned in those games, really impressive stuff.

He might be the best mid in the world right now.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Ninkobei posted:

Doing that as karthus? Sure. Doing that as Ahri? Incredible. People don't appreciate how hard it can be to farm on her compared to the power farming kings.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Another round of Today's OGN Re-broadcast just started on Twitch I'm going to watch it through for the next few hours while I crank some work. Just started top of the hour:
http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

CLG hired OGN Caster MonteCristo as a coach/analyst: http://clgaming.net/news/487-clg-brings-on-montecristo-as-coach

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
If this means Monetecristo wont be casting as much then CLG deserve to be fired into the sun :colbert:

On the other hand this might just be what CLG need to secure a place at worlds.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Just saw the Faker Ahri game on replay that you guys were talking about. The casters literally said: "I've never seen anyone have a GPM that high."

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, that's some ridiculous farming. I'm still not really sure how he managed it.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Arcturas posted:

Yeah, that's some ridiculous farming. I'm still not really sure how he managed it.

I was watching him closely after I noticed he wasn't missing any cs, anywhere. I put it down to just a complete and total knowledge of what Ahri does, exactly how far her charm goes, exactly where her Foxfires will go, exactly how much damage an autoattack will do at any level and with any items. He just KNOWS the champion. Still loving amazing to watch.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

victorious posted:

I was watching him closely after I noticed he wasn't missing any cs, anywhere. I put it down to just a complete and total knowledge of what Ahri does, exactly how far her charm goes, exactly where her Foxfires will go, exactly how much damage an autoattack will do at any level and with any items. He just KNOWS the champion. Still loving amazing to watch.

He also perfectly rotated to the jungle to get wolves/wraiths over and over again while barely missing any farm. It was awesome. Faker is ridiculous. Watch some of his Leblanc games, too.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

victorious posted:

Yeah it was nuts. He wasn't like rushing other people's lanes and slamming farm or anything, it's just that anywhere he was on the map, at any time, he nailed 100% of the minions wherever he was.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
The epitome of competitive league of legends: 42k people are currently watching TSM playing a round-robin 1v1 cassiopeia only tournament to determine who will do the dishes

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Do you have a link to the stream?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Yeah they should definitely be doing a normal 1v1 tournament instead of cass only. It's http://www.twitch.tv/tsm_theoddone

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

The IEM Shanghai Semifinal #2 (OMG vs World Elite) is live on http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol

Unfortunately it looks like they are having some trouble with the tournament client, as Game 1 had a few d/c problems...hopefully they get it sorted out.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Why do you guys think Fiddlesticks is a constant pick in the pro scene as a support (it seems like as a counter-pick to Thresh) in almost every region very regularly. I don't see why or get it, and I've never seen it explained by a caster why this pick would be made so regularly.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I think he's mainly picked for the fear. A non-aimed 3 second CC is really powerful. Multi target silence isn't bad either and if he gets bush control and level 6 he can zone quite hard.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Fiddlesticks support shits all over lanes without sustain because of his bouncing bird, while also keeping you from all-inning with his fear. Mitigating his lane dominance (splitting far enough apart that his crow doesn't just bounce on your faces 5 times) forces you into really awkward positioning that a jungler can take advantage of. In team fights he has the ability to just shut down 2-5 members of the enemy team. His passive is really good with the lack of good MR itemization, especially if he's matched up with someone like Varus or Kog'maw. Twin Shadows is enough ap to make him a decent damage threat while also giving him even more utility and a gp/5 build path.

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
Even in a fight with the hands
I'm a bad man
Livin in the streets all my life
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
Well, Velocity and Cloud going through picks and bans and Velocity lets Balls get Rumble. Nice knowing you, VES win streak.

Edit: wow, this Cloud comp is just plain nasty.

Grishka fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 25, 2013

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Yeah, let's give Cloud 9 Rumble, Kennen, and Zac. Christ.

Edit: Velocity's comp is actually pretty strong, but they're still going to get facestomped.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 25, 2013

CoffeeBreak80
May 3, 2009

Grishka posted:

Well, Velocity and Cloud going through picks and bans and Velocity lets Balls get Rumble. Nice knowing you, VES win streak.

It's pretty unbelievable that Rumble wasn't the first ban against Cloud 9. Has Velocity not been watching the same tournament that we have?

Edit: Holy....that Ashe escape was ridiculous.

CoffeeBreak80 fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 25, 2013

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
Even in a fight with the hands
I'm a bad man
Livin in the streets all my life
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man

CoffeeBreak80 posted:

It's pretty unbelievable that Rumble wasn't the first ban against Cloud 9. Has Velocity not been watching the same tournament that we have?

I was talking with my sister about what Velocity needed to do and first thing was "Get rumble first pick, if you don't have first pick, ban him". It's one of Vile's favorite champs, and Balls is fantastic on him, so yeah don't get that decision, and of course as I'm typing this Vile gets first blood as Renekton.

Edit: VES with the early objective control. Color me surprised, wonder if they can capitalize.

Grishka fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
loooooooool Thresh

• Locked thread