Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Golden-i posted:

Refurb fanart courtesy of Portals in the YOSPOS catte thread
:3:
EEEEE is it too late to get a Refurbograph?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Blimpkin posted:

:3:
EEEEE is it too late to get a Refurbograph?

Nope! You'll have to wait another couple days until I can do another round of prints though, but I'll send out another batch later this week so anyone who wants one can still get in on it!

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

PM Sent!

I thought I cropped the image too. At least I have no incriminating tabs open.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
How much of a pain was it to get her to sit still for the pawprints?

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Pope Guilty posted:

How much of a pain was it to get her to sit still for the pawprints?

It was definitely a two person job. The harder part was washing her paw off... she hates water and put up a hell of a fight.

Wow, almost a grand raised so far! I mailed the first fifteen US-based prints this morning and am really hoping the ink doesn't smear. I've got a half dozen international ones that I'll get mailed off this afternoon. Second round of prints will be taken tomorrow night and sent out whenever the ink dries.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
You should try baby wipes for the next round (they make pet wipes, but they're the same thing for twice the price), they clean just as well without all the struggling. I use them on my cats, who have a weird knack for just getting schmutz on their tails or legs. They're both really fluffy, too, so baths are a miserable, if hilarious, ordeal.

Good News Everyone
Apr 30, 2009
I just wanted to chime in and say how wonderful it is that you're doing all this for animals everywhere, Golden-i.

I'm out of work at the moment, trying to manage two illnesses, and life's pretty rough. Threads like yours help me stay positive and keep my mind out of dark places.

I was just watching a show on TV here in Australia called 'Bondi Vet', where this vet guy travels around and helps animals. Anyway, they featured a cat shelter called 'The Cat House on the Kings' in California, which is a no kill 12 acre shelter that houses a thousand cats. On the episode, a kitten was featured that had either suffered an injury or had been born without a fourth leg, but the little guy was so vocal and adorable I immediately thought of Refurb.

I can't spare much these days, but I sent them something in your (and Refurb and Tycho's) honour. Thank you again!

(I don't need a pawtograph, just for you to never ever stop taking photos)

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Thanks!

I posted this story over on Imgur to an overwhelmingly positive response and actually had to start telling people that I can only make so many without stressing Refurb out too much. So there's actually a waiting list for Refurbographs.

With all the bullshit that goes down online, it feels great to not only do something good, but to see such a massive amount of people respond in kind. You people are all the best :3:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Maybe just have a limited number after this point or else the internet is gonna wear poor Refurb out.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

holocaust bloopers posted:

Maybe just have a limited number after this point or else the internet is gonna wear poor Refurb out.

Kind of a spoiler but you can see it in the pictures I posted earlier: I had custom postcards made for this but that's all I'll say about it. I think I'll just go till I run out.

Golden-i fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 23, 2013

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot
I saw a link posted on Imgur's facebook page and went "hey, that cat looks familiar!"
Once upon a time, I also had a three-legged kitty.. but she got to be around 20 years old and was in very poor health, eaten up with arthritis so bad she couldn't move, and I think was dealing with dementia as well. We had to put her down last November.
The shelters in my city have recently converted to no-kill shelters, and the humane society in town have been having a big adopt-a-thon for the past few weeks (almost 100k animals have found homes!) When I get paid this week, I will donate to one of the shelters or the humane society in Sheena's memory and for Refurb!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Apparently helping shelter animals literally does take a lot of legwork, Refurb.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I've gotten dozens upon dozens of requests from Imgur overnight, it seems that people really just want a reason to donate to charity. I hope they still donate even if I don't have enough... I'm definitely going to have to turn some people down :(

silversiren posted:

I saw a link posted on Imgur's facebook page and went "hey, that cat looks familiar!"
Once upon a time, I also had a three-legged kitty.. but she got to be around 20 years old and was in very poor health, eaten up with arthritis so bad she couldn't move, and I think was dealing with dementia as well. We had to put her down last November.
The shelters in my city have recently converted to no-kill shelters, and the humane society in town have been having a big adopt-a-thon for the past few weeks (almost 100k animals have found homes!) When I get paid this week, I will donate to one of the shelters or the humane society in Sheena's memory and for Refurb!

Aww, your cat sounds awesome. 20 years is a good long life. Arthritis is really common in tripods, according to my vet.

I went over to the Imgur FB page after seeing your comment, it's all too tempting to comment on that post like "MUAHAHAHA I AM THE PHANTOM OF THE REFURB! DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUNNNNN!"

Golden-i fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 23, 2013

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

If all else fails, you could always send them a picture of Rerub's equally famous phantom limb:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Wow, this is fantabulous! I love that there is a waiting list for Refurb's autograph. Bingley is very jealous. ;)

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 394 days!
I've been told I have to put this here

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Round 2 is done and my postcard stash is expended.

Enough for all current donors and some extras left over.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

the bsd boys posted:

I've been told I have to put this here

Because this is a thing of beauty, that's why.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
So... I used to be "psychoticmeow" here on the forums, and I still use that on other parts of the internet, and I used to use a photo of a cat in a shoebox labeled "psycho" as my avatar...

However, Refurb would clearly be the better face of "psycho" than that cat. Do you think I could donate enough to a shelter that you'd attempt to put Refurb into a box labeled "psycho" and take a photo?

Wouldn't Refurb like being in a psycho box? Wouldn't that be adorable, and possibly fatal levels of cuteness to onlookers?

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Measly Twerp posted:

So... I used to be "psychoticmeow" here on the forums, and I still use that on other parts of the internet, and I used to use a photo of a cat in a shoebox labeled "psycho" as my avatar...

However, Refurb would clearly be the better face of "psycho" than that cat. Do you think I could donate enough to a shelter that you'd attempt to put Refurb into a box labeled "psycho" and take a photo?

Wouldn't Refurb like being in a psycho box? Wouldn't that be adorable, and possibly fatal levels of cuteness to onlookers?

Hmmm...

I've got a few ideas, depending on how much Refurb plays along. Stay tuned.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Imgur wrote a very nice blog entry about Refurb. Hopefully it will inspire some more people to donate to shelters, even though I'm almost out of Refurbographs.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Oh, and as of just now we've raised more than $1000 for charities, shelters, and rescues around the world. Selling autographs. Of a cat.

The internet is a weird place, but I sure as hell won't question it.

catamar
May 23, 2008
Would you do a Tychograph?

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

catamar posted:

Would you do a Tychograph?

Actually, I have one to do for someone who already donated, so it is in the plans for tomorrow I think. If you want, I can make more than one happen. Really, I think he'll be a lot more OK with the process than Refurb was.

catamar
May 23, 2008
Then yes please! Don't tell Refurb, but Tycho is my favorite. I have a corgi mix too.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

catamar posted:

Then yes please! Don't tell Refurb, but Tycho is my favorite. I have a corgi mix too.

Send me a PM with your address and you'll get a Tychograph!

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Golden-i posted:

Oh, and as of just now we've raised more than $1000 for charities, shelters, and rescues around the world. Selling autographs. Of a cat.

The internet is a weird place, but I sure as hell won't question it.

"Truly we are living in the future," --Me, in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepHRiuw0SY

Refurb I'm so sorry my cat is ice cold.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah but Trophy's already famous herself. That's like trying to impress John Lennon with Elvis' autograph.

the tits
Mar 17, 2011

mophymophymophy
So today I went to visit the shelter I donated to because their website says "COME PET THE KITTIES" and who am I to argue with that? And I was most definitely chosen by a little gray dude but my lease forbids pets, and it was all very :smith:. But I came home to a :toot: Refurbograph :toot: waiting in my mailbox, so that helped. :unsmith:

the tits fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 25, 2013

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

catamar posted:

I really tried hard to get a Tychograph, but even though he's a little bit more cooperative than Refurb, he is much stronger and his pads were too soft to leave an imprint. I'm sorry!

Will a Refurbograph be sufficient enough?

Pictured: a Refurbograph, his print was not even visible

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Tycho looks so disappointed about it, too.

catamar
May 23, 2008

Golden-i posted:

I really tried hard to get a Tychograph, but even though he's a little bit more cooperative than Refurb, he is much stronger and his pads were too soft to leave an imprint. I'm sorry!

Awww, that'll do. That'll do.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Golden-i posted:

Maybe a noseprint would work for Tycho? Assuming the ink is non-toxic of course.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

You could try black watercolor. Brush it on to his pad lightly, and it'll be thick enough that it'll come off nicely on the paper (and you and the floor).

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Oh poo poo, am I too late for Refurbographs? I don't really give a poo poo about queuing up.

Bow TIE Fighter
Sep 16, 2007

Our cummerbunds can't repel firepower of that magnitude!
On the next batch of refurbographs, rub them with catnip before sending them out.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

duckfarts posted:

Oh poo poo, am I too late for Refurbographs? I don't really give a poo poo about queuing up.

I just mailed off the second wave of prints this morning. Don't worry, you're not out of luck - there's two options I can think of at this point:

1. If there's enough demand I'll have a second run of postcards made
2. If there's not much demand, I have a few extras left over from the last round that are of mailable quality

I've also got probably 30-40 cards that smeared when making them or are of somewhat marginal quality that I didn't mail, so there's always the option to get a slightly irregular unique Refurbograph as well.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I sorted through things and have at least 10 more good quality prints if anyone is still interested.

Just sayin'.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

And then I realized today is payday.

I work at an airport, where people are assholes and sometimes dump cats when they go on vacation. We find people to take the kittens if they're not too feral, otherwise we have this place snip them. There are two neutered males who are spoiled rotten by the employees who bring them food now.

Anoia fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Anoia posted:

I work at an airport, where people are assholes and sometimes dump cats when they go on vacation.

Oh god drat that's depressing. Thanks for the donation!

Refurb's bunk on top of Tycho's kennel now has some decoration.

• Locked thread